most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
48 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
96 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '05        #1
6372 pageviews
23 comments

JustinSane|M 
space
space
$2,966 | Props total: 17 17
Extreme Forearm Pain When Lifting

Has anyone else experienced this? From what I've read up on it, it sounds like Tendinitis. The issue is only present when doing lifts that require my palms to be facing up. For example, I experience the pain when doing curls, but if I do hammer curls, no problem. I've had this issue for some time so I've done some of the suggested options like trying to work on my forearms to see if it's an unbalance in strength since I do lift alot of heavy weight, which didn't help. I'm taking some muscle relaxants right now as that is another suggestion, but I don't see this working well so far either.

With the researched I did on this issue, I found that this is a really common problem with active people, but not alot is out there as for a fix. So I come to you guys. Has anyone else had this issue and if so, have you found any ways around it?

23 comments for "Extreme Forearm Pain When Lifting"

9 years ago '05        #2
Rubix 
space
space
$8,493 | Props total: 825 825

treat it like you treat any other inflammation by using the R.I.C.E. method.

i used to feel something similar to this when i was a beginner hitting biceps twice a week but i have never had the problem since...

Last edited by Rubix; 09-26-2008 at 04:31 PM..
 9 years ago '05        #3
JustinSane|M  OP
space
space
 Rubix said:

treat it like you treat any other inflammation by using the R.I.C.E. method.

i used to feel something similar to this when i was a beginner hitting biceps twice a week but i have never had the problem since...
Thanks dude, but this is something that I've done many times over. This will help it go away for a bit, but it comes back within a few weeks. I've had this issue on and off for about a year now. My doctor is useless when it comes to stuff like this so all he tries to do is push T3's on me.
 9 years ago '04        #4
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,116 | Props total: 597 597
Would you say its muscular, ligaments or even skeletal?
 9 years ago '08        #5
TheKid21 
space
space
$1,231 | Props total: 0 0
Yea this happened to me a while back. When I would do preacher curls, it almost felt as if my muscle was pulling away from the bone on the outer part of my forearms (although this is definitely not what was happening). I talked to a doctor about it and he said it was most likely tendonitis and recommended any over the counter anti-inflammatory. I supplemented another workout for preacher curls for 2 weeks and the pain went away.
 9 years ago '05        #6
JustinSane|M  OP
space
space
 enetblazin4eva said:
Would you say its muscular, ligaments or even skeletal?
Not sure. It feels like it's right where the muscle meets the bone.

TheKid21 said:
Yea this happened to me a while back. When I would do preacher curls, it almost felt as if my muscle was pulling away from the bone on the outer part of my forearms (although this is definitely not what was happening). I talked to a doctor about it and he said it was most likely tendonitis and recommended any over the counter anti-inflammatory. I supplemented another workout for preacher curls for 2 weeks and the pain went away.
That's exactly what I'm dealing with. It really does feel like the muscle is ripping from the bone. Tendinitis does sound like that is what the issue is, but I think it's a bit more than just resting and putting ice on it for me. I've read dozens of reports of people having it for maybe a few weeks and then moving on, but like I said, I've had this crap going on for over a year now. It really ends up holding me back as there are times where I have to stop lifting for a week just to be able to do anything.
 9 years ago '04        #7
123456 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,272 | Props total: 273 273
i got a similar problem....when i do curls with my palms facing up, as soon as i put the weight down, my BONE on my forearm feels like it's about to snap. the weight isn't too heavy. even with warm-up weights, it feels like it's gonna snap
 9 years ago '05        #8
JustinSane|M  OP
space
space
 123456 said:
i got a similar problem....when i do curls with my palms facing up, as soon as i put the weight down, my BONE on my forearm feels like it's about to snap. the weight isn't too heavy. even with warm-up weights, it feels like it's gonna snap
Yup. That's what it's like. I'm going to try a strict R.I.C.E routine for a few days with some muscle relaxants to see how that goes. I haven't been able to lift all week.
 9 years ago '04        #9
123456 1 heat pts
space
space
^^see my problem might be a little different...my pain doesn't stay there. it just happens when i put the weight down and the pain goes away about 10 seconds later. but since the first time it happened, i had to start putting it down real slow and slowly release my grip from the bar so that the pain is minimal. its weird

i've had this for about 5 months...i still progress and everything though so it's not affecting my strength
 9 years ago '04        #10
Lucifer|M 13 heat pts13
space
space
$18,279 | Props total: 66 66
It might be out of place, because I remember I moved something in my hand, like right in the middle of the back of my hand, and when i would curl my wrist, this bump out appear up. So I just pushed it back in, and I never had pain there again.

I'd say, most likely something is out of place.
 9 years ago '04        #11
123456 1 heat pts
space
space
mine is in both arms....same exact type of feeling. kinda weird but I haven't been worried about it yet cause i've had the pain for 5 months now
 9 years ago '05        #12
JustinSane|M  OP
space
space
 123456 said:
^^see my problem might be a little different...my pain doesn't stay there. it just happens when i put the weight down and the pain goes away about 10 seconds later. but since the first time it happened, i had to start putting it down real slow and slowly release my grip from the bar so that the pain is minimal. its weird

i've had this for about 5 months...i still progress and everything though so it's not affecting my strength
My pain doesn't really stay either. It only is present when I'm curling up and then putting the weight down. I have to slowly put it down, then slowly open my hand.
 9 years ago '04        #13
123456 1 heat pts
space
space
 JustinSane said:
My pain doesn't really stay either. It only is present when I'm curling up and then putting the weight down. I have to slowly put it down, then slowly open my hand.
if you ever find out what the problem is let me know cause if it's just like that it's exactly like mine
 09-27-2008, 05:45 PM         #14
SOA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JustinSane said:
4real, iv got the same problem... feels like the bone in my forearm wants 2 crack in half... but for a few days after the workout, i still fell pain when i touch that part of my forearm.

at first i thought the weights i was doing wher 2 heavy... but even when lower the weights i still felt the same pain.
 9 years ago '06        #15
richardgil 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$831 | Props total: 87 87
yea same sh*t here, right when i open up wrists after doing bar curl i feel the pain run up the bones in my forearms, as you guys know, prob the worst fu*king pain imaginable. but yea, i haven't been able to find a way around it, putting weight down slow and releasing extremely slow tends to help like stated before me. but whatever i just release ASAP and feel the pain for a good 5 seconds constantly :X.
 9 years ago '04        #16
123456 1 heat pts
space
space
i've been looking around the internet about this the past few minutes....and i see a lot of people have this problem. most of them said that they believed that their biceps got stronger at a faster rate than their forearms, so they trained their forearms directly and stopped the palms facing up curls for a while, and sooner or later the pain stopped

i'll have to test that out when I get back on a split again. cause before I had the pain, I never directly train my forearms...time to start and see what happens
 9 years ago '04        #17
famoussasjohn 17 heat pts17
space
space
$9,705 | Props total: 193 193
recently while doing curls, my left arm was having sharp pains right on the forearm as well, but it goes away once i put the bar down. idk maybe im using too much weight or something.
 9 years ago '04        #18
Counterfeit215 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,885 | Props total: 4 4
Im guessing you didnt find a solution yet? Maybe you need more calcium in ur diet? (Long shot) Only thing i could think of doing is RICE..and taking some anti-imflamatory medication while resting the area. Give it some time to heal then go back and ease into it and see if the pain reoccurs.Maybe your not giving yourself enough time to heal up?
 9 years ago '04        #19
ZanY 
space
space
space
$352 | Props total: 0 0
Guys, guys, guys I'll join the club, because I get the same thing and have done for a while now, not sure exactly how long but i know it's been more then 6 months. The pain I get is exactly as you guys have described it, when im doing any exercise with my palms facing up. ESPECIALLY with barbell curl, damn that's the worst. Like you guys said as I put the weight down and release I get this bad pain run from my wrists to my forearms,

I hate it. But I also get it as I'm doing the workout as the weight gets heavier. I'll keep posted to see if anyone can find a cure this. Just wanted to add this is a common problem within my gym, others also complain about the same thing.
 9 years ago '04        #20
tommymm96 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,512 | Props total: 6 6
This used to happen to me. It's really painful..

You are lifting more weight than your forearms can handle.. go lighter for a while.. I'm telling you it will make a huge difference.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
82 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
237 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
299 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
28 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
91 comments
19 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
That 8mile soundtrack had some classic jams for real
35 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
135 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
113 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy