50 Cent: Jay-Z was nobody before Beyonce?

most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
67 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
119 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
25 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
79 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-27-2008, 08:38 AM         #141
GTJ1982 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mikehc27 said:
so the 50 million records she old with destiny childs didnt do it for her huh Beyonce was a insant pop star. They first album sold 12 million and they been touring the world ever since.

Most of yall are missing the point of the alleged statement by 50. Hes talking about on a worldwide scale. He aint saying jay aint the man over here, but when he got with beyonce he came into her world as well as she came into his. But her world is being a world wide pop star, while all the n*ggas in his world already wanted to fu*k her anyway.

How does being with beyonce get him booked on a world wide tour when he is the one on the bill not beyonce. The audience has to come for his songs not beyonce. You telling me that they are paying to see a dude because of who he with

And the beyonce thing um tell me this was diana ross more famous when she was with the supremes or when she went solo same with timberlake. Beyonce was the lead singer of destiny's child after crazy in love she was BEYONCE get it. She has sold less records than she did when she was with destiny's child but would you argue that she is less famous now then back then Group popularity doesn't equate to an individuals fame.
 09-27-2008, 02:52 PM         #142
non-fiction 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
jay-z - "Im about a dollar what the fu*k is a curtis jackson"

-Jockin Jay-z (remix) ft./Ja rule and Amil
 9 years ago '08        #143
lifetimez 
space
space
$2,807 | Props total: 0 0
Why are people overstating the star power Beyonce has (especially worldwide)?
 9 years ago '08        #144
Cuban Linx... 7 heat pts
space
space
$786 | Props total: 36 36
 mikehc27 said:
u wrong homie beyonce has been all over everything since damn near day one

Look so you telling me that every body was reporting on her every move? like today beyonce was at a base ball game in her hometown??? n*gga i'm from u.s. and they didn't give a fu*k about her going to a game or what nail polish she had on on them entertainment shows. how could they?, she was in a group they wasn't following "beyonce" around with no camras I'm speaking from a us stand point yea she did a lotta interviews with destinys child but it wasn't like "today in entertainment tonight" type sh*t quit lying

and yea she's a big superstar and they are a power couple but they are more of a power couple to us blacks all those entertainment shows don't even talk about them like brad and angelina, or tom cruise and sh*t like that they only mention them when they got something going on they don't report on them every day, every moment like paris hilton
naw mean

yall blowing this sh*t outta control...

show me a article where paps where all up in her when she was with destinys child I mean re-read this sh*t it don't even sound right what the hell would they be in her face for?

the reason jay and her get the press that they do is because their a talented couple with money and both famous in their respective genre who don't speak on they personal life other than that don't nobody give a fu*k bout them on those news shows

Last edited by Cuban Linx...; 09-27-2008 at 03:21 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #145
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,816 | Props total: 1849 1849
 lifetimez said:
i mean when comparing her to jay it is, Beyonce's been on oprah as well as french, japanese, british, austrailian, and german talk shows, i cant remember ever seeing jay on any foreign talk show except jonathan rose and that was strictly because he got to headline glastonbury which is a big deal in itself, i dont even think jigga got asked to be on letterman til last year, while 50 has been on pretty much the same talk foreign talk shows as B, and you cant say he has more opportunity cuz jay also takes a chance to tour overseas whenever he can, dudes just dont think hes hot enough in their country to ask them to be on their show. I mean how hard is it to understand , jay's appeal is STRICTLY in his lyrics, his music sonically doesnt sound as appealing as 50's or Beyonces when it comes out club speakers so of course foreigners who dont understand much english wouldnt put as much hype behind him as they do most pop stars.
 9 years ago '04        #146
sunzoo 
space
space
$1,493 | Props total: 0 0
 lifetimez said:
in comparison to jay?
 9 years ago '08        #147
lifetimez 
space
space
$2,807 | Props total: 0 0
Not necessarily in comparison to Jay, just overall. I mean she was a superstar no doubt...

but some people in this thread are acting like if she got together with another rapper they would be at the level her and Jay are right now...
 9 years ago '06        #148
BlackandGifted 17 heat pts17
space
space
$24,432 | Props total: 791 791
It was the best mixture possible for the music scene
 9 years ago '06        #149
BlackandGifted 17 heat pts17
space
space
$24,432 | Props total: 791 791
I mean just ask plies and neyo, every rapper and r and b couple dont equal worldwide fame
 09-28-2008, 02:59 AM         #150
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
:wow: this sh*t went several pages

off that lil bullsh*t 50 said smh, too many Jigga Warriors on here
 09-28-2008, 12:07 PM         #151
Victor $weet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
50 is right..
 9 years ago '04        #152
Black-i 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$530 | Props total: 143 143
how can u say that, Jay-z only married beyonce in 2008, he's been selling a;bums since 1997, in 2004 he sold OUT madison square garden and u got the guts to say on noe knes jay-z before he got with beyonce? how bout the fans that bought he's albums since 97 and bougght tickets at the garden...Dummies
 09-29-2008, 05:37 AM         #153
Sir Shiesty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CenterField said:
50 was nothin till he got shot the fu*k up

co-mutha fu*kin sign
 09-29-2008, 10:49 AM         #154
Danja2Society 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 refuze said:
50 cent was nothing before eminem and dre
Exactly, what the fu*k this ol' monkey a.ss n*gga runnin' his mouth for?

He was a FLOP and a snitch before getting a record deal.
 09-30-2008, 09:23 PM         #155
GTJ1982 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This was in 2006.

[pic - click to view]

After announcing his retirement three years ago, Jay-Z is now preparing for his comeback, doing a whirlwind world tour in support of his ninth album, Kingdom Come, out later this month. LIFE magazine was granted exclusive access during the Paris and Milan gigs.

"When I'm onstage, I'm thinking, Is this going to be the town where they don't know the music? But even in Poland, they knew my lyrics," Jay-Z tells LIFE.
Dam they loved beyonce so much they put this dude on the cover of life(alone) and ni**as in poland decided to memorize his lyrics, buy tickets to his concert, and cop his cds in the hopes he would introduce them to beyonce
 09-30-2008, 10:28 PM         #156
China Man 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GTJ1982 said:
This was in 2006.

[pic - click to view]

Dam they loved beyonce so much they put this dude on the cover of life(alone) and ni**as in poland decided to memorize his lyrics, buy tickets to his concert, and cop his cds in the hopes he would introduce them to beyonce
Are you that stupid?

First off, that is AFTER he met Beyonce...and 50 is saying what Jay-Z is now is because of Beyonce. Going out and saying, hey look Jay-Z did a concert in (insert international country here) 2 weeks ago, and the crowd was crazy, is pointless.

That proves nothing.

You a damn idiot.

Jigga Warrior. Get your diamonds up!
 09-30-2008, 11:01 PM         #157
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 China Man said:
Are you that stupid?

First off, that is AFTER he met Beyonce...and 50 is saying what Jay-Z is now is because of Beyonce. Going out and saying, hey look Jay-Z did a concert in (insert international country here) 2 weeks ago, and the crowd was crazy, is pointless.

That proves nothing.

You a damn idiot.

Jigga Warrior. Get your diamonds up!
Are YOU stupid because according to the quote

"I'm a big fan of Jay-Z, but outside of the States and hip-hop circles, no one really knew who he was until he married Beyonce."

Not when he just met her

Get that sand outta ya v*gina
 9 years ago '08        #158
Cuban Linx... 7 heat pts
space
space
$786 | Props total: 36 36
 GTJ1982 said:
This was in 2006.

Damn they loved beyonce so much they put this dude on the cover of life(alone) and ni**as in poland decided to memorize his lyrics, buy tickets to his concert, and cop his cds in the hopes he would introduce them to beyonce
co-sign that's what I'm trying to understand because on some real sh*t most beyonce fans don't even like jay-z and most jay-z fans don't like beyonce
and thats the truest sh*t that would ever be said in this damn thread..

why the hell would some body pay a grip and learn some dude songs by a n*gga just cause who he fu*king? are you serious? fu*k that sh*t...people aint finna spend no money on nobody just cause he go with some chick...thats the lamest sh*t I ever heard and anybody that believe that sh*t must be a lame running from REALITY!
 10-01-2008, 04:01 AM         #159
THE TRUTHINESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nas lost.
 9 years ago '04        #160
Hardkore 10 heat pts10
space
space
$18,913 | Props total: 1157 1157
 Tommy_Bunz said:

*waits for the Jay-Z lovers*
i'm no jay-z lover, but jay had one album that sold 5 mil in the u.s. before 50 cent even released an album.

oh...and this was before jay and beyonce were an item. sorry if that sounds like i'm a jay-z lover.[/sarcasm]
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
100 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
135 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
180 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Biggie Smalls was Official South Side Compton Crip
60 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
60 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
75 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
76 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside 15 Artists That Biggie Wanted To Work With (But Never Got The Chance)
42 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy