50 Cent: Jay-Z was nobody before Beyonce?

most viewed right now
 95
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
17 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 55
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 48
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
36 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 36
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
73 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #121
sunzoo 
space
avatar space
space
$1,493 | Props total: 0 0
 Killamike79 said:
Its real obvious most ya'll haven't traveled outside of the united states....because hip-hop is pretty big in other countries. But whatever, I'm done talking about...you have your opinon and I have mine. I'm about to get off work and hit this club up.
you're right, i haven't traveled much, but i do have a pretty good understanding of how big hip hop is in other countries, i was never disputing that, like i said...anybody that pays attention to hip hop, american or not, knew who jay-z was after vol. 2

but a hip hop circle is a hip hop circle whether it's japan or the states, there is no denying, IMO that beyonce opened up some doors that are not available to every day rappers...is jay even the most "popular" rapper right now? (you could prolly argue wayne or ti ect.), his status towers over theirs though

other than that, my only other point was that the title and the actual statement were not the same, no beef over here fam
 9 years ago '08        #122
Cuban Linx... 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$783 | Props total: 35 35
 sunzoo said:
you're right, i haven't traveled much, but i do have a pretty good understanding of how big hip hop is in other countries, i was never disputing that, like i said...anybody that pays attention to hip hop, american or not, knew who jay-z was after vol. 2

but a hip hop circle is a hip hop circle whether it's japan or the states, there is no denying, IMO that beyonce opened up some doors that are not available to every day rappers...is jay even the most "popular" rapper right now? (you could prolly argue wayne or ti ect.), his status towers over theirs though

other than that, my only other point was that the title and the actual statement were not the same, no beef over here fam

I don't care about jays money deals I'm talking strickly music that's whats wrong with music to day people can't focus on music instead they all up in these n*ggas lives. fu*k how money jay carry in his wallet I a.ssume 50 meant touring and stuff


so you telling me the people that go to his tours and spend money at jay's shows are going because of beyonce?.. so they spent money and sitting up in some place crammed up together to hear a dude rhyme words over a beat for some female he's dating?? it's jay doing songs like hardknock life.izzo.encore.99 problems that be selling out them showing not his bi*ch...

jay didn't even start going on world wide tours until 2001 and you gotta figure he just got famous a couple years prior ...

and to add something from observation people over seas are more greatful and more into jay doing a tour.. the jay fans here in the u.s don't rap along to jays lyrics as hard as those people out side the states do...you seen his mtv diary when he first toured in europe? even mother fu*kers in the garden wassn't spit wit jay line 4 line like them people on there was..
 09-26-2008, 02:06 AM         #123
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Sunzoo just bodied this sh*t
 9 years ago '04        #124
sunzoo 
space
avatar space
space
$1,493 | Props total: 0 0
 Cuban Linx... said:
so you telling me the people that go to his tours and spend money at jay's shows are going because of beyonce?.. so they spent money and sitting up in some place crammed up together to hear a dude rhyme words over a beat for some female he's dating??

anybody that's at a jay-z show, is probably a hip hop head wouldn't you say?, so no that's not what i'm saying, what i am saying is, that jay and beyonce as a combined force have afforded him some oportunities and helped him reach some markets that most rappers don't usually touch

i highly doubt he would be as watched as he is in the media, or be as much of a celebrity outside of the context of hip hop and bigger celebrity affords more opportunity, would you agree? well, he indeed became a bigger celebrity due in part to his connection with beyonce and vice versa

of course people who are already into hip hop, in any country are going to know, and most likely love jay-z, that's not who we're talking about, he's breaking bread with cats that have never even heard his songs and pulling off sh1t that rappers traditionally don't do, even musically (glatsonburry)


Last edited by sunzoo; 09-26-2008 at 02:22 AM..
 9 years ago '05        #125
EastBroadway 35 heat pts35
space
avatar space
space
$4,494 | Props total: 5 5
U Get At Jay-Z U Will NOT WIN
 9 years ago '04        #126
astrotrain 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,551 | Props total: 249 249
Gotta say in terms of Australia nobody had heard of him before he hooked up with Beyonce. By nobody i mean the mainstream media would never mention him but he hooked up with Beyonce and his head starts showing up in newspapers.
 9 years ago '05        #127
J Mos 
space
avatar space
space
$247 | Props total: 0 0
50 is out his muthafu*kin mind...i wont call him a hater because he DID say he's a Hova fan but come on...Jay was like 10x platinum and had 4 #1 albums before he even did a feature wit B ...she got major status too but if anything they helped each other crossover and become tha unstoppable force they are right now...it was in no way a one-way deal...

and 50's a chump for speakin on dude's money like that...if u aint concerned with what Hov is doin and "it's not a race" then close ur mouth n handle ur biz...this thread title is blasphemy
 09-26-2008, 05:31 AM         #128
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yes jay was big before beyonce...but when he got with beyonce his stardom went to another level all together....i'm not sure why people are arguing this....hip hop while being global,is not in every home like that...even the biggest of stars in hip hop.....pop artist like beyonce are though....for instance usher was bigger than jay z for quite some time...on a global scale...jay go inserted into a whole other demographic when he got with beyonce....beyonce was already known in the urban/hiphop world...but jay wasn't where he is now before beyonce.....this isn't a knock on jay z..it's just reality....jay is still a monster as a business man,and has had a successful recording career.....but hip hop fame is different from global fame...jay even spoke to this much when he was doing interview in the uk..on shows that only do the biggest stars...
 9 years ago '06        #129
BlackandGifted 17 heat pts17
space
avatar space
space
$24,431 | Props total: 788 788
 sunzoo said:
anybody that's at a jay-z show, is probably a hip hop head wouldn't you say?, so no that's not what i'm saying, what i am saying is, that jay and beyonce as a combined force have afforded him some oportunities and helped him reach some markets that most rappers don't usually touch

i highly doubt he would be as watched as he is in the media, or be as much of a celebrity outside of the context of hip hop and bigger celebrity affords more opportunity, would you agree? well, he indeed became a bigger celebrity due in part to his connection with beyonce and vice versa

of course people who are already into hip hop, in any country are going to know, and most likely love jay-z, that's not who we're talking about, he's breaking bread with cats that have never even heard his songs and pulling off sh1t that rappers traditionally don't do, even musically (glatsonburry)
Sun stop playing funeral music for those n*ggas man

damn (kay slay voice)
 09-26-2008, 07:10 AM         #130
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Killamike79 said:
Its real obvious most ya'll haven't traveled outside of the united states....because hip-hop is pretty big in other countries. But whatever, I'm done talking about...you have your opinon and I have mine. I'm about to get off work and hit this club up.
 09-26-2008, 07:12 AM         #131
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 J Mos said:
50 is out his muthafu*kin mind...i wont call him a hater because he DID say he's a Hova fan but come on...Jay was like 10x platinum and had 4 #1 albums before he even did a feature wit B ...she got major status too but if anything they helped each other crossover and become tha unstoppable force they are right now...it was in no way a one-way deal...

and 50's a chump for speakin on dude's money like that...if u aint concerned with what Hov is doin and "it's not a race" then close ur mouth n handle ur biz...this thread title is blasphemy
and another foh with this thread
 9 years ago '04        #132
web3x 
space
avatar space
space
$1,382 | Props total: 104 104
 sunzoo said:
anybody that's at a jay-z show, is probably a hip hop head wouldn't you say?, so no that's not what i'm saying, what i am saying is, that jay and beyonce as a combined force have afforded him some oportunities and helped him reach some markets that most rappers don't usually touch

i highly doubt he would be as watched as he is in the media, or be as much of a celebrity outside of the context of hip hop and bigger celebrity affords more opportunity, would you agree? well, he indeed became a bigger celebrity due in part to his connection with beyonce and vice versa

of course people who are already into hip hop, in any country are going to know, and most likely love jay-z, that's not who we're talking about, he's breaking bread with cats that have never even heard his songs and pulling off sh1t that rappers traditionally don't do, even musically (glatsonburry)
50 sure can stir some sh*t up huh? props for keeping your cool and being rational.
 09-26-2008, 09:07 AM         #133
DJ @$ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm ABOUT A DOLLAR WHAT THE FUK IS FIFTY CENTS?!?!?!?!?!?!!? - Jay Z

FIFTY Said THAT HELPED JUMP START HIS CAREER!!!!!

Jay was Jay before Beyonce....

Jay Married Beyonce... PROBABLY for that REASON... He's A SMART MAN!!!!

FIFTY SHOULDN'T HATE!!!! He's in and out of COURT for CHILD SUPPORT!!!
 09-26-2008, 10:16 AM         #134
GTJ1982 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Everybody talking bout no one was following jay around till he got with beyonce but it was the same with her. When they came together is when they started getting the extreme paparazzi treatment. And lol at the thought of beyonce opening up doors for Jay. Being the president of defjam is what opened up all the crazy doors for him around the world. Someone please site an example where if wasn't with beyonce he wouldn't of got on. I remember articles way before bey talking bout if Jay mentioned any product in a song it sales would go up. But I guess he had no appeal. Actually as I recall when they first got together Jay was seen as the bigger star(note star not sales). It wasn't until crazy in love that beyonce went into the stratosphere.
 09-26-2008, 10:23 AM         #135
DiggaStyle 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Anyone who believes this doesnt listen to hip hop
 09-27-2008, 02:38 AM         #136
eMDee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Symon said:
50 has got a point.cuz i can confirm that to a greater or lesser extent for europe ( only for the mainland ,i dunno bout great britain )...sad sad...
I live in France and i can co-sign that. Around here, Jay has always been one of the most unknown or least dicussed superstars so to speak and i couldnt tell you why, while 50 became an instant superstar all around the world.

And his status sure changed when he got with B.

Still sh*ts on fif in every way imaginable tho :greetings10:
 09-27-2008, 07:05 AM         #137
mikehc27 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cuban Linx... said:
that was my fu*king point! nobody was stalking neither of them nobody cared about beyonce' personal life of jays neither until they got "together" ...
u wrong homie beyonce has been all over everything since damn near day one
 09-27-2008, 07:09 AM         #138
mikehc27 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GTJ1982 said:
Everybody talking bout no one was following jay around till he got with beyonce but it was the same with her. When they came together is when they started getting the extreme paparazzi treatment. And lol at the thought of beyonce opening up doors for Jay. Being the president of defjam is what opened up all the crazy doors for him around the world. Someone please site an example where if wasn't with beyonce he wouldn't of got on. I remember articles way before bey talking bout if Jay mentioned any product in a song it sales would go up. But I guess he had no appeal. Actually as I recall when they first got together Jay was seen as the bigger star(note star not sales). It wasn't until crazy in love that beyonce went into the stratosphere.
so the 50 million records she old with destiny childs didnt do it for her huh Beyonce was a insant pop star. They first album sold 12 million and they been touring the world ever since.

Most of yall are missing the point of the alleged statement by 50. Hes talking about on a worldwide scale. He aint saying jay aint the man over here, but when he got with beyonce he came into her world as well as she came into his. But her world is being a world wide pop star, while all the n*ggas in his world already wanted to fu*k her anyway.


Last edited by mikehc27; 09-27-2008 at 07:16 AM..
 09-27-2008, 07:58 AM         #139
NIC DIAMONDS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
50 needs a beef to help sales other cats use there music
 09-27-2008, 08:34 AM         #140
[BMAN] 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i dont give a fu*k whut 50 i would fu*k the sh*t out of b face 2 face and i know he would 2
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 37
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
155 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 34
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 27
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 20
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
70 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 16
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
228 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 16
Troy ave is back ladies and gentleman
94 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 8
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
249 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 7
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
161 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy