50 Cent: Jay-Z was nobody before Beyonce?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
54 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
76 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
42 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
42 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '05        #101
Micheal C. Will 18 heat pts18
space
space
$28,219 | Props total: 15784 15784
 REAL_NESS said:
Supposedly because threadstarter got the quote from a website. Just because there are quotation marks around it does not make it magically true wtf. Until 50 confirms it, he might not have actually said it.

Beyonce's star power? again stop the bullsh*t. jay was carrying a hip-hop label on his back. Blueprint dropped what in 01? Jay was doing world tours for a while. Stop trying to make a correlation between Jays relationship and his success. There is none. Like dude above already said, if anything there relationship helped both their careers if anything

I used two foreign countries that I'm from as an example :rolleyes:

Once again Jay was doing world tours for a while
fu*kzoo or whatever his name is ......he fails to realize that Jay-Z was pretty big in the states and those hip-hop circles before beyonce, so there is no way in the world he wasn't known outside of those circles....it just doesn't add up. I'm pretty sure there were plenty of hip-hop heads and non hip-hop heads in europe, japan, africa, south america that was bumpin Jay....especially when Hard Knock Life dropped.....that sh*t was like a phenomenon. Unlike most heads in this section.....I wasn't 5 years old when that sh*t came out

Last edited by Micheal C. Will; 09-25-2008 at 10:43 PM..
 09-25-2008, 10:44 PM         #102
Psykox 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wow, n*ggas must be damn enar retarded...does 50 hear himself talk..he married beyonce pretty late in his career, and he been on the top ten long before that bi*ch came around .....50 fails
 9 years ago '08        #103
lifetimez 
space
space
$2,807 | Props total: 0 0
If Jay wasn't on "Crazy In Love", that track would NOT have blown up as much as it did...meaning the album wouldn't have been such a worldwide smash...meaning not as much exposure for Beyonce.

Why am I even responding to this thread?
 9 years ago '04        #104
sunzoo 
space
space
$1,493 | Props total: 0 0
 Killamike79 said:
Damn you ok over there typin paragraphs and sh*t .....you sound a little mad. I don't give a fu*k about all that sh*t you crying about....the point is Jay was known outside those supposedly circles that 50 claims he wasn't.....sh*t if anything her solo career took off because of Jay as well...they helped each other out. Doesn't mean both of them wasnt internationally known or wasn't marketable beforehand.
nah, not mad really, just confused and trying to get people to see the truth before the thread goes any further

and i type paragraphs in any thread i'm in, it's because i can type just about as fast as i can think, so if i'm trying to make a point, i'm going to make a point

n1ggas on here call me a "camel" warrior, i'm a huge jay fan, but to act like he had international pull like he did before is asinine...you saying jay fueled her career...HOW? destinys child was already the highest selling female group of all time, there was no more fuel needed for that fire homie, they already shared the HIPHOP/R&B demographic

nobody was worried about jay's sandals or where he eats dinner, until he hooked up with another one of the worlds biggest celebrities, kingdom come came out when? in 2006? jay admits on hollywood, that his girl is more famous than he is, are you n1ggas going to disagree with the same n1gga you d1ck ride?

Last edited by sunzoo; 09-25-2008 at 11:09 PM..
 09-25-2008, 11:14 PM         #105
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 REAL_NESS said:
Supposedly because threadstarter got the quote from a website. Just because there are quotation marks around it does not make it magically true wtf. Until 50 confirms it, he might not have actually said it.

Beyonce's star power? again stop the bullsh*t. jay was carrying a hip-hop label on his back. Blueprint dropped what in 01? Jay was doing world tours for a while. Stop trying to make a correlation between Jays relationship and his success. There is none. Like dude above already said, if anything there relationship helped both their careers if anything

can jay-z have his d*ck back please?

09-25-2008, 11:15 PM         #106
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 sunzoo said:
nah, not mad really, just confused and trying to get people to see the truth before the thread goes any further

and i type paragraphs in any thread i'm in, it's because i can type just about as fast as i can think, so if i'm trying to make a point, i'm going to make a point

n1ggas on here call me a "camel" warrior, i'm a huge jay fan, but to act like he had international pull like he did before is asinine...you saying jay fueled her career...HOW? destinys child was already the highest selling female group of all time, there was no more fuel needed for that fire homie, they already shared the HIPHOP/R&B demographic

nobody was worried about jay's sandals or where he eats dinner, until he hooked up with another one of the worlds biggest celebrities, kingdom come came out when? in 2006? jay admits on hollywood, that his girl is more famous than he is, are you n1ggas going to disagree with the same n1gga you d1ck ride?
why is it only few n*ggas like me and you that makes logical sense on this site lol?

n*gga your rep power should be powerful:dancingcool:
 09-25-2008, 11:17 PM         #107
Lord Hater 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 lifetimez said:
If Jay wasn't on "Crazy In Love", that track would NOT have blown up as much as it did...meaning the album wouldn't have been such a worldwide smash...meaning not as much exposure for Beyonce.

Why am I even responding to this thread?
nah homie i cant agree with that. beyonce can hold her own WITHOUT jay z

jay was WELL KNOWN before beyonce

think about it, he been doin it since early 90's
 9 years ago '04        #108
sunzoo 
space
space
 REAL_NESS said:
huh? magically true? what do you mean by that?? so you're saying that you understand that "jay was nothing without beyonce" is not 50's statement right? and 50's statement isn't true because he said it (the actual sh1t in quotations), it's true because it's true

if jay can admit that his wife is more famous than he is, why can't yall? r&b is marginally more popular than hip hop, mariah will always do more numbers than most high selling rappers, because hip hop as a demographic is pretty limited to who you sell to, not to mention a lot of the negative stigma surrounding the culture, it limits the fanbase

REAL_NESS said:
what new fans did jay bring to beyonce? you mean...the black men and women, that already listened to r&b anyway? there is a correlation between their success and their relationship, and it does swing both ways...but in who's favor more? if she's more famous than he is, he's obviously going to get the bigger boost in popularity when they join hands, this is simple logic

REAL_NESS said:
you used two foreign countries where hip hop and other related sub genres are huge at, going to kenya or JA is a hell of a lot different from iceland and shutting sh1t down

REAL_NESS said:
so i guess since lupe fiasco (one of my favorite artists) does shows in paris, he's an international icon lol, he should go headline glatsonburry and do interviews on charlie rose....

Last edited by sunzoo; 09-25-2008 at 11:33 PM..
 9 years ago '08        #109
lifetimez 
space
space
Obviously Beyonce can hold her own, she was already a superstar by then.

But if you disagree that Jay made Crazy In Love go above just another hit single, to a worldwide smash...I don't know what to tell you.

But even before then, the track Bonnie & Clyde with Jay is what paved the way for the anticipation of her solo.
 9 years ago '04        #110
sunzoo 
space
space
 Killamike79 said:
fu*kzoo or whatever his name is ......he fails to realize that Jay-Z was pretty big in the states and those hip-hop circles before beyonce, so there is no way in the world he wasn't known outside of those circles....it just doesn't add up. I'm pretty sure there were plenty of hip-hop heads and non hip-hop heads in europe, japan, africa, south america that was bumpin Jay....especially when Hard Knock Life dropped.....that sh*t was like a phenomenon. Unlike most heads in this section.....I wasn't 5 years old when that sh*t came out
so....jay-z, was an international icon, around the time BP2 came out???? you realize...than even as a double album, it sold like 2 mill?

yea, jigga was really master of the universe lol, and i thought i was a jay stan, yall have enhanced my self esteem a little bit

yall are confusing being a "big time rapper" with being a big time celebrity, those are two different monsters, jay was one of the BIGGEST rappers (and not even the biggest) in the game, but the rest of the world doesn't take rap as serious as we do, 50 cent standing next to robert deniro makes 50 look broke

if 50 and ciara hooked up right now, like publicly, got married and all that, seeing as how 50 is the bigger draw...wouldn't it naturally open more doors for HER than HIM?
 09-25-2008, 11:34 PM         #111
Lord Hater 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 lifetimez said:

But even before then, the track Bonnie & Clyde with Jay is what paved the way for the anticipation of her solo.
CORRECT! Give this man a tabledance
 9 years ago '06        #112
BlackandGifted 17 heat pts17
space
space
$24,431 | Props total: 788 788
Hard Knock Life is what put Jay on the map globally he wa salready well known domestically, they are what you call a power couple, the muisc version on David Beckham and Poche Spice lets not get it confused Jay was not doing glastonbury crowds a decade ago, but its not all credited to Beyonce it has alot to do with his business ventures also. Considering the fact Fif didnt say that and this is a manifestation of the threadstarters opinion I dont see how this got this far , but what the hell the message on some levels is right the King of Hip Hop doesnt mean a damn thing in Australia but you mix that with Beyonce's star appeal then you have a winning combintion...
 9 years ago '04        #113
sunzoo 
space
space
 lifetimez said:

But if you disagree that Jay made Crazy In Love go above just another hit single, to a worldwide smash...I don't know what to tell you.

anytime two big artists from their respective genres collaborate it causes some hype, hell that horrible song with nelly and that country single generated some attention, but are you trying to tell me...that the millions, opon millions of fans that propelled destiny's child to the highest selling female group were going to sit it out...if it jay didn't show up?

destiny child fans (who are not all in to hip hop) were going to support that b1tch in full force either way, she was the diana ross of the group that knocked TLC off as the most successful

the only thing jay did was keep real hip hop heads from turning the channel or putting the sh1t on mute to watch her a.ss shake, they already shared a large portion of fans just because they both make "urban" music, so what exactly constitutes the idea that he brought her a huge amount of new fans out of nowhere?

especially when r&b is traditionally more broad demographically....christia aguilera/britney/beyonce all share a portion of fans that HIP HOP doesn't exactly tap into on the regular

come on now people...think, i know it seems complicated, but i have faith in you
 09-25-2008, 11:44 PM         #114
jsda1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This thread makes my head hurt and disappoints me. How can everyone not agree that J became more household when he married B and was big before her too? Ain't them the facts? :angry12:
 9 years ago '04        #115
sunzoo 
space
space
 BlackandGifted said:
Hard Knock Life is what put Jay on the map globally he wa salready well known domestically, they are what you call a power couple, the muisc version on David Beckham and Poche Spice lets not get it confused Jay was not doing glastonbury crowds a decade ago, but its not all credited to Beyonce it has alot to do with his business ventures also. Considering the fact Fif didnt say that and this is a manifestation of the threadstarters opinion I dont see how this got this far , but what the hell the message on some levels is right the King of Hip Hop doesnt mean a damn thing in Australia but you mix that with Beyonce's star appeal then you have a winning combintion...
:agreement6:finally somebody with a functioning brain

being "king sh1t" of hip hop is completely different from being an international icon, jay is on that status right now, and while a lot of it was on his own accord, hooking up with a celeb played a part in it, as do his business ventures....people that don't even listen to rap, know who jay-z is

you got rich muthafucckas in suits that ain't never heard a hard knock life, they heard about the 40/40 club though, and the stadiums, and the hotels, cuz thats all they care about

jay is doing sh1t that rappers don't do...and the turning point in that transition, had a lot to do with he and beyonce becoming a couple whether you want to acknowledge it or not, nobody on the E channel was worried about catching that n1gga in pics on the beach when the black album came out
 9 years ago '08        #116
lifetimez 
space
space
 sunzoo said:
anytime two big artists from their respective genres collaborate it causes some hype, hell that horrible song with nelly and that country single generated some attention, but are you trying to tell me...that the millions, opon millions of fans that propelled destiny's child to the highest selling female group were going to sit it out...if it jay didn't show up?

destiny child fans (who are not all in to hip hop) were going to support that b1tch in full force either way, she was the diana ross of the group that knocked TLC off as the most successful

the only thing jay did was keep real hip hop heads from turning the channel or putting the sh1t on mute to watch her a.ss shake, they already shared a large portion of fans just because they both make "urban" music, so what exactly constitutes the idea that he brought her a huge amount of new fans out of nowhere?

especially when r&b is traditionally more broad demographically....christia aguilera/britney/beyonce all share a portion of fans that HIP HOP doesn't exactly tap into on the regular

come on now people...think, i know it seems complicated, but i have faith in you
Honestly, most of your posts can be said in a sentence or two, learn the meaning of the word "concise".

I said nothing of her fanbase, that what you just posted is a given. What i am saying is Jay gave her lead single the street credibility it needed to appeal to a broader audience, something that the fellas bumped also similar to the Dilemna track with Nelly and Kelly (and we all know without Nelly, that wouldn't be half as popular).

Consider the fact that her first solo single "Work It Out" made minimal impact then faded out of everyone's minds.
 9 years ago '04        #117
sunzoo 
space
space
 lifetimez said:
Honestly, most of your posts can be said in a sentence or two, learn the meaning of the word "concise".

I said nothing of her fanbase, that what you just posted is a given. What i am saying is Jay gave her lead single the street credibility it needed to appeal to a broader audience, something that the fellas bumped also similar to the Dilemna track with Nelly and Kelly (and we all know without Nelly, that wouldn't be half as popular).

Consider the fact that her first solo single "Work It Out" made minimal impact then faded out of everyone's minds.
i prefer to type like i talk, concise my d1ck, i'd rather lay my sh1t out with no holes so you can see exactly what i'm saying, i tried to put it as simply as i could pointing out that the actual statement from 50 does not mirror the thread title....and n1ggas still didn't get it

as for not bringing up her fanbase, why even bring up "street cred"? did street n1ggas suddenly go out and cop her album just because jay was in the video? i know for me personally, it kept me from changing the channel, and that's about it

the fanbase of destiny's child were going to support her either way homie, maybe the song itself being pretty good helped, but i don't think jay's presence was actually needed for that album to do what it was gonna do

and thats not to say that there hasn't been a formidable amount of trade off for beyonce, there was, but i think it's clear to see who got the bigger boost from said merger

Last edited by sunzoo; 09-26-2008 at 12:18 AM..
 9 years ago '08        #118
lifetimez 
space
space
 sunzoo said:
i prefer to type like i talk, concise my d1ck, i'd rather lay my sh1t out with no holes so you can see exactly what i'm saying, i tried to put it as simply as i could pointing out that the actual statement from 50 does not mirror the thread title....and n1ggas still didn't get it

as for not bringing up her fanbase, why even bring up "street cred"? did street n1ggas suddenly go out and cop her album just because jay was in the video? i know for me personally, it kept me from changing the channel, and that's about it

the fanbase of destiny's child were going to support her either way homie, maybe the song itself being pretty good helped, but i don't think jay's presence was actually needed for that album to do what it was gonna do

and thats not to say that there hasn't been a formidable amount of trade off for beyonce, there was, but i think it's clear to see who got the bigger boost from said merger
You seem to both agree and disagree with me so I'm not gonna draw this out.

Crazy In Love would've been a hit without Jay. Jay helped make it a #1 hit for about 8 weeks.

That's it
 9 years ago '05        #119
Micheal C. Will 18 heat pts18
space
space
$28,219 | Props total: 15784 15784
Its real obvious most ya'll haven't traveled outside of the united states....because hip-hop is pretty big in other countries. But whatever, I'm done talking about...you have your opinon and I have mine. I'm about to get off work and hit this club up.
 9 years ago '04        #120
sunzoo 
space
space
 lifetimez said:
You seem to both agree and disagree with me so I'm not gonna draw this out.

Crazy In Love would've been a hit without Jay. Jay helped make it a #1 hit for about 8 weeks.

That's it
nah we agree there, it's just that you chimed in while i was trying to address several points at once, i basically used your example to better lay out my views on the situation, you're on point
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
76 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
69 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
189 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Did This NBA Announcer Stole Boxden Lingo?
27 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
77 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
63 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
24 comments
20 hours ago