50 Cent: Jay-Z was nobody before Beyonce?

most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatumís stats for the month of December so far
37 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
196 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
76 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-25-2008, 08:09 PM         #81
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ni2 said:
haha yea theres gonna be some camel cash collected in this thread.
people have such twisted logic, you talk about Jay d*ckriders and camel warriors but y'all be in the same threads all day debating about the n*gga
 9 years ago '04        #82
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,788 | Props total: 1796 1796
 CartelFamill said:
How did Gettin' With Beyonce Open Doors for Jayz?...Ummm....This n*ggas has Career of Over 13 year's with Numerous Plaque's,Accolades etc...What Can Fame do for Him?....He Put HIMSELF in POSITION OF POWER for his Business Acumen...i dont think Beyonce LOOKS or STAR POWER Helped him Own or Work for Coca-Cola,Reebok,General Motors,Amheuser-Busch,Hewlet-Packakard,J Hotels,Translation Advertising,Roc Apparel Group/Scion,LLC,The Spotted Pig,Nj Nets,40/40 Club,Roc-a-wear,Roc Nation or Def Jam...

I dont think fu*kin' With Beyonce had Doug Morris (Universal-Motown CEO) have Jimmy Iovine invite Jayz to his Boat in South of France so he could intoduce him to Bono and Talk him into Takin' The Ceo-President Spot at Def Jam...

As Far as Him Not Headlining tours oversea's...Who's to say BECUZ HE DIDNT WANT TOO?..Or Didnt have time to....I dont think He would headline Glastonbury if he was SOMEBODY...
and im pretty sure you sat in on all those board meetings when those deals were closed either way me or you dont know exactly what made those ppl attracted to jay and i didnt name any of those specifically BUT what I and anyone else with two eyes and ears notice is the amount of publicity the NON-MUSIC mainstream gave to jay AFTER he got with beyonce, its like the upper white class was hesitant to give the man propz because they thought he was the typical mysoginistic, ignorant, illiterate, lucky to get rich rapper who spent his money on ice and weekends in strip clubs, but when beyonce was a key element in the metaphorical trojan horse that got jay to infiltrate the white man's world. They noticed that beyonce was a pretty tame, sophisticated woman so if she got with dat nicca then they gave him a second look and noticed he was actually pretty classy and refined and you got to remember what white people love most is celebrity relationship gossip,no way a rapper is making it into white magazines and gossip columns with JUST his music, white ppl who dont listen to much rap and didnt know who the hell jay-z was (theres millions of them in america, stop living on this forum) started hearing his name pop up continously on tv and magazines as "beyonce's bf" and that in result gave him more attention and fame and THAT was noticed by white corporations and made him look safe to invest in like "WHAT HE'S A RAPPER??, oh wait but he IS marrried to a classy pop superstar, AND he already owns so and so businesses" so she just adds a very nice element to his resume. Perfect example is my parents, they dont know who the hell jay was before he popped up on tv with pics of him and beyonce now they know him as "beyonce's bf" and i could just notice their stereotypical opinion about rappers towards him just change off that little fact, At the end of the day they are a POWER COUPLE, and that gets them both attention but moreso jay benefits because everyone who is a jay fan already knew beyonce but not everyone who knew of beyonce knew of jay.

"when your in the big meetings for the mills/ take me just to compliment the deal" - Beyonce , shyt even B knows what's up

^^ and if you analyze this line further you know companies see a big cross marketing value in jay simply because he's now acknowledged by beyonce's audience so your actually tapping into the star power of TWO when you have jay on board.

and if you need that summed up for you in a simple example try this : Beyonce has been on numerous huge day time television talk shows consumed by millions of white americans including OPRAH when is the last time JAY was on OPRAH? will jay ever be on OPRAH? but jay got exposure to millions of oprah's fans why? BECAUSE HE DATES BEYONCE.

Last edited by psylence2k; 09-25-2008 at 08:37 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #83
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,788 | Props total: 1796 1796
 casper said:
u have a point all the way up until u mentioned eminem & christina...sure it would get major pub but the main reason would be because he clowned on her for like 5 years...the reason i say they r a bad example is because jay & beyonce have known to try & build & become serious entrepeneurs, even before their relationship...Em & christina fall back from the limelight
it was a generic example, so lets say eminem never dissed christina, and it happened , would it still make headlines? HELL YES eminem would become tabloid cover material which is rarely if ever has been, and it doest matter what they've built compared to jay and B because they have the substitute factor that they are simply WHITE so that makes up for that. White America would eat that shyt up if it happened i mean look at how much coverage K-FED gets even after his split up and that dude is a no talent bum. TWO WHITE pop megastars together who've sold millions = media frenzy.
 9 years ago '04        #84
sunzoo 
space
space
$1,493 | Props total: 0 0
Paparazzi spots me, in the lobby of my high-rise
I hide, behind my shades because the fame is blindin my-eyes
My god, I know how Ozzy Oz must have felt when he was As-hot
as i have got, i have got, to make this stop
People often warn me that the fame ain't for the faint of heart
It'll change those cuz if they had love for you into strangers
When the fame starts, A chain reaction
Locomotion like when a train departs
Stranger, things have happened
Rappers stackin platinum plaques and
Born in Brooklyn, Got a place in Manhattan
Goin back to Brooklyn to escape the madness
when your friends is, Chris & Gwyneth
when your girl is more famous than you, then it's

time to get all your windows tinted
Keep your eyes squinted it's gon flash any minute
The music biz is like musical chairs about where your standing
When the music stop spinnin....

jay even knows this to be true, i don't know why fif is speaking on it, but it's not a lie, and when did jay say he had a billion? last i heard it was a bit over 500 mil, jay is aiming for a billion, he wants to be the first rapper to reach that plateau
 9 years ago '06        #85
diVERSEity 
space
space
$3,978 | Props total: 0 0
That's bull and 50 knows it, he's just running his mouth.
 9 years ago '04        #86
sunzoo 
space
space
 diVERSEity said:
That's bull and 50 knows it, he's just running his mouth.
look at the post above doofus, jay has already acknowledged that beyonce has more star power than he does, 50 ain't lying, getting with B was a great marketing move, not saying they don't really love each other, but if you think they didn't understand the dynamics of their relationship as business people you're naive, and beyonce has access to markets that jay doesn't or at least didn't before
 9 years ago '05        #87
Micheal C. Will 18 heat pts18
space
space
$28,198 | Props total: 15715 15715
 sunzoo said:
look at the post above doofus, jay has already acknowledged that beyonce has more star power than he does, 50 ain't lying, getting with B was a great marketing move, not saying they don't really love each other, but if you think they didn't understand the dynamics of their relationship as business people you're naive, and beyonce has access to markets that jay doesn't or at least didn't before
The problem with this thread is that 50 said Jay was a nobody.....he didn't say Jay-Z wasn't marketable before beyonce.

Last edited by Micheal C. Will; 09-25-2008 at 09:30 PM..
 09-25-2008, 09:30 PM         #88
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 sunzoo said:
Your over dissecting the damn thread . the title says "Jay was a nobody before Beyonce"

That statement is so false even the loyal jay haters are shaking their heads
 09-25-2008, 09:42 PM         #89
Animal 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"...outside of the States and hip-hop circles"

Not sayin' i agree, but that's the part that needs to be focused on.
 9 years ago '04        #90
sunzoo 
space
space
 Killamike79 said:
The problem with this thread is that 50 said Jay was a nobody.....he didn't say Jay-Z wasn't marketable before beyonce.
ok...quick question, in the article posted, or in any audio, where did 50 say that "jay was a nobody"....THE THREAD STARTER SAID THAT, nothing in quotation marks said anything about jay being a "nobody" homie, stop sipping the kool-aid and pay attention

REAL_NESS said:
Your over dissecting the damn thread . the title says "Jay was a nobody before Beyonce"

That statement is so false even the loyal jay haters are shaking their heads
PAY ATTENTION, the thread title says whatever the dumb a.ss thread starter WANTS IT TO SAY, have you n1ggas not realized that 50 cent doesn't control what title this supposed "news" falls under?, according to the source, THIS is what 50 said:

"I'm a big fan of Jay-Z, but outside of the States and hip-hop circles, no one really knew who he was until he married Beyonce"

IS IT A LIE OR NOT? did jay have as much pull state-side as he does now...before beyonce? where in that statement did he say he was a nobody? he's saying that his market was strictly hip hop in the STATES, jay has always been one of the best, and consistently successful, but in 11 number 1 albums in, he's still not the highest selling rapper, he has never had the international pull (africa/glatsonburry) that he has NOW, even when he was the biggest "rapper" in the game

i aint' over dissecting the thread, yall are letting the thread TITLE, which has nothing to do with the statement dictate your responses more than the ACTUAL WORDS SAID, now tell me that i'm wrong

Last edited by sunzoo; 09-25-2008 at 09:49 PM..
 09-25-2008, 09:48 PM         #91
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 sunzoo said:
ok...quick question, in the article posted, or in any audio, where did 50 say that "jay was a nobody"....THE THREAD STARTER SAID THAT, nothing in quotation marks said anything about jay being a "nobody" homie, stop sipping the kool-aid and pay attention

PAY ATTENTION, the thread title says whatever the dumb a.ss thread starter WANTS IT TO SAY, have you n1ggas not realized that 50 cent doesn't control what title this supposed "news" falls under?, according to the source, THIS is what 50 said:

"I'm a big fan of Jay-Z, but outside of the States and hip-hop circles, no one really knew who he was until he married Beyonce"

IS IT A LIE OR NOT? did jay have as much pull state-side as he does now...before beyonce? where in that statement did he say he was a nobody? he's saying that his market was strictly hip hop in the STATES, jay has always been one of the best, and consistently successful, but in 11 number 1 albums in, he's still not the highest selling rapper

i aint' over analylizing the thread, yall are letting the thread TITLE, which has nothing to do with the statement dictate your responses more than the ACTUAL WORDS SAID, now tell me that i'm wrong
Now question for you was Jay married to Beyonce when he performed at Glastonbury? NOPE

Nothing about what 50 saying is accurate, if he really said it because like I said originally 50 can't be this stupid
 9 years ago '05        #92
space
space
50 Cent is quoted saying that Jay-Z was nothing before Beyonce: "I'm a big fan of Jay-Z, but outside of the States and hip-hop circles, no one really knew who he was until he married Beyonce."

sunzoo said:

Last edited by Micheal C. Will; 09-25-2008 at 09:56 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #93
sunzoo 
space
space
 REAL_NESS said:
Now question for you was Jay married to Beyonce when he performed at Glastonbury? NOPE

Nothing about what 50 saying is accurate, if he really said it because like I said originally 50 can't be this stupid
come on now man, you're smarter than this, this is some auto-hate on 50 type bullsh1t, a couple points, i'ma try to keep it simple

- unless i'm tripping...they were already married, and if they weren't married, they were engaged, and if they weren't engaged, they have been a couple PUBLICLY since blueprint 2

- when two high profile celebs are even seen at a restaurant together once or twice, the media thinks they been secret dating for months, do you honestly think a ring at a SECRET wedding changed the dynamic between jay/beyonce in the public? the sh1t wasn't even really news once it finally happened cuz they had been together for so long (by hollywoods standards) already that it was just a.ssumed

- 50 cent did not say that jay was a nobody, he said that he didn't get pull, OUTSIDE OF HIS MAIN DEMOGRAPHIC, until he became attached to beyonce, and that is the honest to gods truth

- the thread title, and 50's statements have absolutely nothing to do with each other if you actually read the sh1t
 09-25-2008, 10:03 PM         #94
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 sunzoo said:
come on now man, you're smarter than this, this is some auto-hate on 50 type bullsh1t, a couple points, i'ma try to keep it simple

- unless i'm tripping...they were already married, and if they weren't married, they were engaged, and if they weren't engaged, they have been a couple PUBLICLY since blueprint 2

- when two high profile celebs are even seen at a restaurant together once or twice, the media thinks they been secret dating for months, do you honestly think a ring at a SECRET wedding changed the dynamic between jay/beyonce in the public? the sh1t wasn't even really news once it finally happened cuz they had been together for so long (by hollywoods standards) already that it was just a.ssumed

- 50 cent did not say that jay was a nobody, he said that he didn't get pull, OUTSIDE OF HIS MAIN DEMOGRAPHIC, until he became attached to beyonce, and that is the honest to gods truth

- the thread title, and 50's statements have absolutely nothing to do with each other if you actually read the sh1t
where is the quote saying from his "main demographic" he supposedly said "out of the states" Im family is Jamaican and Nigerian best believed this n*gga Jay had people spitting his lyrics who could barely speak English.

When Jay was gaining fame from Vol 1 2 and 3 as a solo artist, Beyonce was just the s3xy fly chick from Destiny's Child ( a group)

another point is some people can argue that her relationship with Jay inspired records for her solo albums and broadened her audience in he own right

No matter what this statement is pretty outlandish
 9 years ago '04        #95
sunzoo 
space
space
 Killamike79 said:
you fuccking moron...do you know what the little quotation marks are for? the little " thingy? that little literary device is used to separate the article writers words, from the actual quote of said individual, just to show you how dumb you are...you went and BOLDED/RESIZED a portion of the article that 50 didn't even write or say...good job proving my point

where do you see quotation marks around "jay-z is nothing/nobody without beyonce", that was NOT part of 50's statement

50 Cent is quoted saying that Jay-Z was nothing before Beyonce:

do you get it now? magazines, and dumb n1ggas who make threads can preface whatever idiot sentiment they would like in front of that statement, but the bottom line is, 50 didn't write that part...they/he did, and they did it/do it to cause CONTROVERSY

yall act like this is the first time a mag, or a publication, or even a dumb a.ss thread starter has taken something out of context either on purpose or out of idiocy, you should be used to this sh1t now, now shut the fucck up

Last edited by sunzoo; 09-25-2008 at 10:10 PM..
 9 years ago '05        #96
space
space
 sunzoo said:
you fuccking moron...do you know what the little quotation marks are for? the little " thingy? that little literary device is used to separate the article writers words, from the actual quote of said individual

where do you see quotation marks around "jay-z is nothing/nobody without beyonce", that was NOT part of 50's statement

50 Cent is quoted saying that Jay-Z was nothing before Beyonce:

do you get it now? magazines, and dumb n1ggas who make threads can preface whatever idiot sentiment they would like in front of that statement, but the bottom line is, 50 didn't write that part...they/he did, and they did it/do it to cause CONTROVERSY

yall act like this is the first time a mag, or a publication, or even a dumb a.ss thread starter has taken something out of context either on purpose or out of idiocy, you should be used to this sh1t now, now shut the fucck up
Damn you ok over there typin paragraphs and sh*t .....you sound a little mad. I don't give a fu*k about all that sh*t you crying about....the point is Jay was known outside those supposedly circles that 50 claims he wasn't.....sh*t if anything her solo career took off because of Jay as well...they helped each other out. Doesn't mean both of them wasnt internationally known or wasn't marketable beforehand.

Last edited by Micheal C. Will; 09-25-2008 at 10:33 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #97
sunzoo 
space
space
 REAL_NESS said:
where is the quote saying from his "main demographic" he supposedly said "out of the states"
supposedly? do i gotta keep posting this little quote? i mean it's not that many words, and should be fairly easy to understand

his demographic, was primarly state-wide and HIP HOP CIRCLES, after adding beyonces star power and audience to his own, he's headlining glatsonburry....got it? who in the fucck was following jay-z around on the beach to take pictures before he married beyonce?

REAL_NESS said:
Im family is Jamaican and Nigerian best believed this n*gga Jay had people spitting his lyrics who could barely speak English.
they don't listen to hip hop in nigeria/jamaica? anybody who's listens to hip hop would know who jay-z is, he is currently reaching markets beyond THAT particular genre

REAL_NESS said:
When Jay was gaining fame from Vol 1 2 and 3 as a solo artist, Beyonce was just the s3xy fly chick from Destiny's Child ( a group)
beyonce was a s3xy fly chick, from the highest selling female r&b group ever if i'm not mistaken, do you not realize they been going out since the blueprint? publicly since BP2, and she was much more famous on a world wide front than he was

REAL_NESS said:
No matter what this statement is pretty outlandish
whats outlandish about what 50 cent said? what the thread starter put as the title was outlandish, and it also does not coincide with the actual article
 9 years ago '07        #98
kakish 9 heat pts
space
space
$12,935 | Props total: 1531 1531
Ignorant a.ss statement from 50
 9 years ago '08        #99
The N 466 heat pts466
space
space
$45,510 | Props total: 17102 17102
 vikvon said:

[pic - click to view]

09-25-2008, 10:28 PM         #100
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 sunzoo said:
supposedly? do i gotta keep posting this little quote? i mean it's not that many words, and should be fairly easy to understand

his demographic, was primarly state-wide and HIP HOP CIRCLES, after adding beyonces star power and audience to his own, he's headlining glatsonburry....got it? who in the fucck was following jay-z around on the beach to take pictures before he married beyonce?

they don't listen to hip hop in nigeria/jamaica? anybody who's listens to hip hop would know who jay-z is, he is currently reaching markets beyond THAT particular genre

beyonce was a s3xy fly chick, from the highest selling female r&b group ever if i'm not mistaken, do you not realize they been going out since the blueprint? publicly since BP2, and she was much more famous on a world wide front than he was

whats outlandish about what 50 cent said? what the thread starter put as the title was outlandish, and it also does not coincide with the actual article
Supposedly because threadstarter got the quote from a website. Just because there are quotation marks around it does not make it magically true wtf. Until 50 confirms it, he might not have actually said it.

Beyonce's star power? again stop the bullsh*t. jay was carrying a hip-hop label on his back. Blueprint dropped what in 01? Jay was doing world tours for a while. Stop trying to make a correlation between Jays relationship and his success. There is none. Like dude above already said, if anything there relationship helped both their careers if anything

I used two foreign countries that I'm from as an example :rolleyes:

Once again Jay was doing world tours for a while
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
27 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
276 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
131 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
56 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
154 comments
19 hours ago