50 Cent: Jay-Z was nobody before Beyonce?

most viewed right now
Jeezy – American Dream (ft. Kendrick Lamar & J. Cole)
92 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
180 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
25 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
71 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '08        #61
Cuban Linx... 7 heat pts
space
space
$783 | Props total: 35 35
I Disagree with 50 cent

But even if it is true .it's only because beyonce is a r&b singer and jay-z is a rapper you gotta remember not every one excepts rap as music ..So that's the way I look at it But Beyonce' wasn't No bigger than jay neither Both their fans grew

beyonce first single was work it out that sh*t tanked so hard then crazy in love came I mean they both helped each other..wasn't nobody stalking destinys child or having pictures of destinys child leaving they crib ...

you get what Im

saying them being a couple is what brought the media around. they were both stars on their own and they both turned into even bigger stars once they started fu*king with each other

But you know jay was dolo doing 5 or more times plat before beyonce

the rap world is jays and the r&b/pop world is beyonce's that's how you gotta look at it

it's rap v.s r&b

that's it that's all cause if you a fan of hiphop aint no way in hell you aint gone know who jay is point. blank, period
 9 years ago '04        #62
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,807 | Props total: 1830 1830
I dont understand why yall dont see where 50 is going with this, yea jay sold millions of records, had money , and was big in the HIP HOP WORLD and somewhat mainstream before beyonce

but

you cant say his marriage to beyonce didnt catapult his star power into another realm, every damn time you see a "white" telelvision show run a special on jay-z they always mention his relationship with beyonce like it's the biggest thing on his resume, like it or not beyonce was way more accepted in the "white" uppety culture because rnb is more acceptable and she has a cleaner look not only in the states but overseas, so jay getting with her only opened more doors from ppl who didnt want to mess wit jay because they thought he was some ignorant gangsta rapping thug. In fact the whole settling down wit beyonce made his image more wholesome and acceptable to the middle age white folk. It's like if eminem decided to marry christina aguilera or something yea em is a damn global star but then his fame would increase significantly because it would somewhat clean up his image or make him interesting to ppl who dont like rap in the first place. Being big in the rap world is one thing but marrying someone who is always ranked in top finest, top talented, best dressed categories in WHITE magazines and all over loreal, maybelline, time warner cable commercials is going to open alot of doors for you, and im not taking anything away from hova, but wifing up B was pretty much the frosting on his cake.

I mean the dummies on this board should know this when every jigga warrior ends his post with "Jay has beyonce, Nas lost" or every hater says "he got beyonce, phuck him hope he dies"

Last edited by psylence2k; 09-25-2008 at 05:19 PM..
 9 years ago '06        #63
Menelek 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,196 | Props total: 269 269
1.Jay didnt blow up to vol.2
2.Beyonce isnt wit Jay strictly for his money but if you think she would fu*k wit him if he was a broke no name rapper then I got a Bridge I can sell you.
3.Ofcourse Beyonce helped his star Power, she comes from a different cirlce but to say nobody knew him before he married her doesnt make musch sense when the got married only a few months ago. Maybee people who dont fu*k with rap but ppl who listen to Hip Hop had to know Jigga at least since 2001.
4.If 50 said this he is a dumb n*gga or B is desperate for some attention.
 9 years ago '04        #64
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,753 | Props total: 1 1
i thought that "sunshine" sh*t put him on the map...or the "girls best friend" sh*t...i dont even remember what came out first

him bein with beyonce just cemented him into paparazzi ville...sh*t anybody wit a bad bi*ch gets known by cameras...kevin federline???

i think him becoming president of def jam is what moved him into the real shine

he didnt get on monday night football because of beyonce...or the heineken commercials, or that dell sh*t

how long now has he owned that piece of the nets?? that has nothing to do with beyonce
 09-25-2008, 05:44 PM         #65
mikehc27 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cuban Linx... said:
I Disagree with 50 cent

But even if it is true .it's only because beyonce is a r&b singer and jay-z is a rapper you gotta remember not every one excepts rap as music ..So that's the way I look at it But Beyonce' wasn't No bigger than jay neither Both their fans grew

beyonce first single was work it out that sh*t tanked so hard then crazy in love came I mean they both helped each other..wasn't nobody stalking destinys child or having pictures of destinys child leaving they crib ...
destiny child is the highest selling female group of all time wtf r u talking about.
Wasnt nobody takin no pictures of jayz leavin dinner until beyonce was with him.
 9 years ago '04        #66
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
 psylence2k said:
I dont understand why yall dont see where 50 is going with this, yea jay sold millions of records, had money , and was big in the HIP HOP WORLD and somewhat mainstream before beyonce

but

you cant say his marriage to beyonce didnt catapult his star power into another realm, every damn time you see a "white" telelvision show run a special on jay-z they always mention his relationship with beyonce like it's the biggest thing on his resume, like it or not beyonce was way more accepted in the "white" uppety culture because rnb is more acceptable and she has a cleaner look not only in the states but overseas, so jay getting with her only opened more doors from ppl who didnt want to mess wit jay because they thought he was some ignorant gangsta rapping thug. In fact the whole settling down wit beyonce made his image more wholesome and acceptable to the middle age white folk. It's like if eminem decided to marry christina aguilera or something yea em is a damn global star but then his fame would increase significantly because it would somewhat clean up his image or make him interesting to ppl who dont like rap in the first place. Being big in the rap world is one thing but marrying someone who is always ranked in top finest, top talented, best dressed categories in WHITE magazines and all over loreal, maybelline, time warner cable commercials is going to open alot of doors for you, and im not taking anything away from hova, but wifing up B was pretty much the frosting on his cake.

I mean the dummies on this board should know this when every jigga warrior ends his post with "Jay has beyonce, Nas lost" or every hater says "he got beyonce, phuck him hope he dies"

u have a point all the way up until u mentioned eminem & christina...sure it would get major pub but the main reason would be because he clowned on her for like 5 years...the reason i say they r a bad example is because jay & beyonce have known to try & build & become serious entrepeneurs, even before their relationship...Em & christina fall back from the limelight
 9 years ago '04        #67
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
 mikehc27 said:
destiny child is the highest selling female group of all time wtf r u talking about.
Wasnt nobody takin no pictures of jayz leavin dinner until beyonce was with him.
this is true...but paparazzi follows beautiful women...if jay actually took random bad bi*ches out, im sure they wouldve been on em

sh*t everybody knew about biggie even before his death & it had nuttin to do wit lil kim, faith, charli baltimore or whoever else he was smashin
 9 years ago '08        #68
Cuban Linx... 7 heat pts
space
space
 psylence2k said:

but

REALTALK..

BUT WHY ACT LIKE JAY BEING BIG WITH WHITE PEOPLE IS A GOOD THING THESE ARE THE SAME ONES SAYING JAY IS TO POP .BUT THEN TURN AROUND AND GET MAD CAUSE BEYONCE OPENED DOORS FOR HIS WORLD WIDE SUCCESS

EITHER YALL WANT JAY TO BE GOOD IN THE HOOD OR A GLOBAL ICON THERE IS NO IN BETWEEN WE ALL KNOW THAT OFCOURSE JAY WASN'T GONNA BE NO HUGE WORLD WIDE ACCEPTED PERSON BECAUSE HE'S A "RAPPER' I SAID THIS BEFORE OFCOURSE BEYONCE'S BIGGER SHE A SINGER THAT'S JUST HOW sh*t WORKS

SHOULD WE BE MAD THAT JAY-Z ISN'T AS BIG WORLD WIDE? I THOUGHT YALL WANTED HIM TO KEEP HIS HOOD FOUNDATION I THOUGHT YALL WANTED HIM TO BE TILIB KWELI WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT? I DON'T WANT JAY TO BE NO POP STAR I DON'T WANT JAY ON THE COVER OF PEOPLE MAGAZINE OR ON THE TYRA BANKS SHOW

WHEN PEOPLE GET MORE FAME WORLD WIDE THEY TEND TO THINK a.ss ACKWARDS THEY FEEL THEY HAVE TO CHANGE THEIR MUSIC TO APPEAL MORE TO THE OTHER PARTS OF THE WORLD NOT KNOWING THAT WHATEVER THE HELL THEY DID TO ACHIEVE THEIR FAME IS WHAT BROUGHT THEM THEM 6 TO 8 MILLION SALES YOU REMEMBER WHEN JAY WAS TALKING ABOUT APPEALING MORE THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD AFTER THAT SHOW IN GLASTONBURY YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO THAT IF THEY WAS fu*kING WITH YOU BEFORE. KANYE IS GETTING WIERDER AND WIERDER EACH ALBUM WASN'T PEOPLE fu*kING WITH HIM ALREADY WITH HIS FIRST ALBUM

JAY ALREADY TRYING TO CHANGE THE WAY HE CREATE MUSIC TO APPEAL TO THE REST OF THE WORLD ..MY POINT IS EITHER YOU WANT HIM TO BE HIPPOP OR HIPHOP CUZ IF HE WAS ON BEYONCE'S LEVEL OF FAME THAN n*ggaS WOULD REALLY CALL HIM A SALE OUT
 9 years ago '08        #69
Cuban Linx... 7 heat pts
space
space
 mikehc27 said:
that was my fu*king point! nobody was stalking neither of them nobody cared about beyonce' personal life of jays neither until they got "together" ...
 09-25-2008, 06:09 PM         #70
moneymitchy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 psylence2k said:

but

^^c/s. dont forget all his recent business ventures in the past few years that also put him in the pop culture limelight. i.e. Budweiser, 40/40 club etc. all of what you said plus the recent business side of him is what makes him who he is today.
 09-25-2008, 06:18 PM         #71
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CMar22 said:
@ people actually thinking Beyonce would even look at Jay-Z's direction if dude wasnt a millionaire... That's why underground rappers get all the models and rappers with money dont get any poon at all right

ps. 50 cent is a garbage rapper
But dude has a point, its not like Jay is the only n*gga with money
 9 years ago '05        #72
thaillest719 
space
space
$2,310 | Props total: 50 50
Man Jay was known all over the world before he was with B. But a man is titled to opinion
 09-25-2008, 06:36 PM         #73
Scribbler 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I didn't know that "Before I Self Destruct" got pushed up a few weeks. Has to be the the case because publicity is the only reason I can think of 50 saying something thiiiiiiiis fuuuuuuuuucking retaaaaaaaaarded.

A more logical and accurate statement would be no one knew about or gave a fvck about 50 Cent until he got shot. Hell, 50 Cent didn't give a fvck about 50 Cent until he got shot.
 09-25-2008, 06:38 PM         #74
ass_in_my_eyes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 9 years ago '05        #75
CartelFamill 55 heat pts55
space
space
space
$5,153 | Props total: 1491 1491
 psylence2k said:

but

How did Gettin' With Beyonce Open Doors for Jayz?...Ummm....This n*ggas has Career of Over 13 year's with Numerous Plaque's,Accolades etc...What Can Fame do for Him?....He Put HIMSELF in POSITION OF POWER for his Business Acumen...i dont think Beyonce LOOKS or STAR POWER Helped him Own or Work for Coca-Cola,Reebok,General Motors,Amheuser-Busch,Hewlet-Packakard,J Hotels,Translation Advertising,Roc Apparel Group/Scion,LLC,The Spotted Pig,Nj Nets,40/40 Club,Roc-a-wear,Roc Nation or Def Jam...

I dont think fu*kin' With Beyonce had Doug Morris (Universal-Motown CEO) have Jimmy Iovine invite Jayz to his Boat in South of France so he could intoduce him to Bono and Talk him into Takin' The Ceo-President Spot at Def Jam...

As Far as Him Not Headlining tours oversea's...Who's to say BECUZ HE DIDNT WANT TOO?..Or Didnt have time to....I dont think He would headline Glastonbury if he was SOMEBODY...
 9 years ago '05        #76
Micheal C. Will 18 heat pts18
space
space
$28,218 | Props total: 15772 15772
 Crown Loyal said:
Well you read it and responded so what does that make you? DUMBASS. Articles are all over the place. Pick.
What the fu*k does me responding to this thread have to do with anything, I responded because I disagree. Still doesn't negate the fact that thread you made is a piece of sh*t. Only Dumbass I'm seeing is you playboi and the other idiots actually believing this sh*t....whether 50 said it or not. I'm done arguing though....because it seems you have 50 c*ck so far down your throat you can't think straight.

Last edited by Micheal C. Will; 09-25-2008 at 07:16 PM..
 09-25-2008, 07:26 PM         #77
Ni2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Tommy_Bunz said:

*waits for the Jay-Z lovers*
haha yea theres gonna be some camel cash collected in this thread.
 9 years ago '06        #78
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,915 | Props total: 7614 7614
 Killamike79 said:
What the fu*k does me responding to this thread have to do with anything, I responded because I disagree. Still doesn't negate the fact that thread you made is a piece of sh*t. Only Dumbass I'm seeing is you playboi and the other idiots actually believing this sh*t....whether 50 said it or not. I'm done arguing though....because it seems you have 50 c*ck so far down your throat you can't think straight.
Come on Fam if you can't see 50cent talking sh*t...then 50cents c*ck might be down your throat or in your ear. I've heard 50 say stuff way worse than this.
 9 years ago '05        #79
Micheal C. Will 18 heat pts18
space
space
$28,218 | Props total: 15772 15772
 Kingme said:
Come on Fam if you can't see 50cent talking sh*t...then 50cents c*ck might be down your throat or in your ear. I've heard 50 say stuff way worse than this.
Its very obvious little n*gga he is talking sh*t, but thats not the point I was trying to make fu*k boy

Reading is fundamental, how about doing that next time.

Let me help you out -

"Jay already had his first platinum album(In My Lifetime Vol 1.)....by the time Destiny's Child was barely out of high school"<<<<thats my point

Just went back a few pages...you was the same dude that said you thought he blew up off the "Can I Get A"....I'm pretty sure Ja Rule blew off that if i'm not mistaken......It was Hard Knock Life(The song itself)that gave Jay mainstream exposure

Last edited by Micheal C. Will; 09-25-2008 at 07:54 PM..
 9 years ago '07        #80
Jae_Mike 25 heat pts25
space
space
$4,387 | Props total: 1062 1062
fu*k 50, he spittin fiction just like prodigy said with buddens, and older people dont listen to hip hop, its appeal is 16-35 thats around the core demographic, so who gives a fu*k if people know jay, fortune over fame str8 up
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
71 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
197 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
84 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
18 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
274 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
21 hours ago