09-30 Jay Z Wants Swagger Like Us Pt II Ft Andr3000, Nas and Young Jeezy - Comfirmed!

most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
120 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
104 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
54 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '06        #81
jj01 
space
space
$44,969 | Props total: 4686 4686
this thread is disgusting ti has for the most part had basic repetitive lyrics with very few verses that stand out to ppl. that being said he clearly had the best verse on the track, jay lovers will do anything to take up for their hero just give props, admit the verse was nice and leave it at that. jay's not going to disown u just because yall admit that he didnt have the best verse.
 9 years ago '05        #82
kapiku21 22 heat pts22
space
space
$2,700 | Props total: 77 77
 dreas_24 said:
ti's verse was garbage man cmon now...he was tryin to use big words ns hit..lol..."wit outstanding quality"..lol..that n*gga readin too many jail books

the cd is tight tho...but his verse on swagga was weak imo

if outstanding quality are big words to you... you need to pick up a book
 9 years ago '07        #83
Jo$hu@ Jone$ 
space
space
$592 | Props total: 0 0
lmaoo^^
 09-25-2008, 03:33 PM         #84
PershingHigh 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jay wasn't even trying to go hard on the track, Weezy, Kanye and T.I. were hence all of the wordplay and metaphors Kanye and Wayne used, while T.I. just went hard with the flow.

Jay just came hard on one line, but knowing him, he may have some hidden message in his bars. School me on that. I'm a Jay listener before T.I. or any other rapper out for that case, but come on. Tip sh*tted on that track.

No homo btw.

Also about T.I.'s vocabulary:

"So I would write it if y'all could get it
Bein intricate'll get you wood, critic
On the internet, they like you should spit it
I'm like you should buy it, n*gga that's good business" - Jay-Z

Last edited by PershingHigh; 09-25-2008 at 03:35 PM..
 9 years ago '06        #85
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,916 | Props total: 7614 7614
 PershingHigh said:
Jay wasn't even trying to go hard on the track, Weezy, Kanye and T.I. were hence all of the wordplay and metaphors Kanye and Wayne used, while T.I. just went hard with the flow.

Jay just came hard on one line, but knowing him, he may have some hidden message in his bars. School me on that. I'm a Jay listener before T.I. or any other rapper out for that case, but come on. Tip sh*tted on that track.

No homo btw.

Also about T.I.'s vocabulary:

"So I would write it if y'all could get it
Bein intricate'll get you wood, critic
On the internet, they like you should spit it
I'm like you should buy it, n*gga that's good business" - Jay-Z

Props dude I feel the same way.
 9 years ago '04        #86
DjInfamous804 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,536 | Props total: 62 62
Yeah really take out 50....Nas would be aight,Busta would be definite....who else....Jim Jones...
 09-25-2008, 04:05 PM         #87
sniper1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*k 50 AND JEEZY

they need to put either crooked i, fabolous or camron on this (i know cam aint gonna get invited for this but he would definitely be suited to this)
 09-25-2008, 04:31 PM         #88
Andre3000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Seems like Jay-Z stans are mad that TI murked Jay. Only person Ive seen give a reasonably response to this was Pershing High. Jay didn't come hard at all IMO. For those that have listened to TI since Im serious the way he came on this track is his swagger. Swagger is how you carry yourself. He spoke about that in his verse and didn't just talk about how his nuts dont fit in his pants and all that gay sh*t that makes you guys horny. Im happy TI actually broke his sh*t down Id prob skip his verse if I heard him talk about a raulph lauren polo, or kept saying the word swagger "24/7", or used that gay as vocoder.
 09-25-2008, 04:39 PM         #89
NotSoft 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^I really hated TI's delivery more than anything...it just sounded softer than Kanye which is unbelievable....TI coulda talked about bein better if he wanted to,but something like his verse on "Im Illy" woulda fit more,like i said i think he wuz tryna "outlyrical" everybody rather than bein both lyrical,witty and clever as usual...he didnt stick to his formula.
 9 years ago '04        #90
DPGUNIT 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,247 | Props total: 4 4
3Stacks will murder it as usual....
 09-25-2008, 04:50 PM         #91
youngholla 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NotSoft said:
^I really hated TI's delivery more than anything...it just sounded softer than Kanye which is unbelievable....TI coulda talked about bein better if he wanted to,but something like his verse on "Im Illy" woulda fit more,like i said i think he wuz tryna "outlyrical" everybody rather than bein both lyrical,witty and clever as usual...he didnt stick to his formula.
i could not have said it better.......

Last edited by youngholla; 09-25-2008 at 05:39 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #92
david1972 1 heat pts
space
space
$349 | Props total: 0 0
50 got no swag....lmao... The n*gga still be wearing du-rags...str8 bum.....all that dough his swag and style should be through the roof....im broke and i dress a million times better than 50
 9 years ago '08        #93
V.R. Nabor 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,161 | Props total: 3206 3206
andre3000 thats it......
 09-25-2008, 06:21 PM         #94
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kingme said:
Jay's not a.ss but lately his features have been getting up with him while 3stacks has been k!lling his feature spots.

what features has jay not been k!lling?....and i thought dre3k's verse on that new john legend song wasn't good....(i realize that's hip hop blasphemy to say dre3k didn't have a nice verse)...but still.....

and i agree with sun who said tip's verse did sound forced in the sense of him trying to black out on the track,when the track was about swag....in which case the emphasis wasn't so much on being extra lyrical,but how you styled on the track....which is why to me jay had the best verse on the song,because he had the best verse that actually fit the song.....t.i. had the most lyrical verse....but as far as fitting the song...i thought jay's verse was the best....there is a difference..
 09-25-2008, 06:30 PM         #95
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HotepSuns said:
what features has jay not been k!lling?....and i thought dre3k's verse on that new john legend song wasn't good....(i realize that's hip hop blasphemy to say dre3k didn't have a nice verse)...but still.....

and i agree with sun who said tip's verse did sound forced in the sense of him trying to black out on the track,when the track was about swag....in which case the emphasis wasn't so much on being extra lyrical,but how you styled on the track....which is why to me jay had the best verse on the song,because he had the best verse that actually fit the song.....t.i. had the most lyrical verse....but as far as fitting the song...i thought jay's verse was the best....there is a difference..
 9 years ago '06        #96
Menelek 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,196 | Props total: 269 269
No one on the corner gotta bop like this
Can't wear skinny jeans cuz my knots don't fit
No one on the corner gotta pocket like this
So I rock Roc jeans cuz my knots so thick
You can learn how to dress just by jocking my fresh
Jocking jocking my fresh
Jocking jocking my fresh
Follow my steps, it's the road to success
Where the haterz know you thorough
And the girls say yes

But I can't teach you my swag
You can pay for school but you can't buy class
School of hard knocks I'm a grad
And that all-blue yankee is my graduation cap, it's
Hova, dipping different rovers whipping with the soda
Hova, could u even have any doubt that the doubt is over

That verse is a.ss cheeks. I could write something in 20 minutes better than that. If you think that is a hot Jay verse then what would you call his verse on "Stick to the the Script" or "Streets is Talking".

That sh*t was mediocore. Infact that whole track is overated the hook and the beat carried them n*ggas.

As far as Swag Pt.2 That sh*t looks good on paper but we wiil see.
 9 years ago '04        #97
Kasssssst 135 heat pts135
space
space
$38,387 | Props total: 9 9
Jeezy, Fab, Styles/Jada.......Jay........

make it happen
 9 years ago '06        #98
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,916 | Props total: 7614 7614
 HotepSuns said:

How far back you wanna go? I said Jay's features have been getting up with him which means that it's becoming more and more debatable about who had the best verse on a song that features JAy z and other artist.

Here are the last 2 features I've heard with other rappers off the top of my head.

Mr. Carter....Its debatable who had the better verse.
(And I know alot of yall hate on lil Wayne, Im not a fan of C3 but I know yall heard this song and Jay didn't bring his A game.)

Swagger Like US.....Debatable

What exactly did Jay say that was so fire? His best line was the one someone typo'd earlier: "You can pay to go to school but you can't buy class"

T.I k!lled that track if you ask me.
 9 years ago '08        #99
HHJ66 
space
space
space
$308 | Props total: 0 0
U know Luda would have never allowed anyone to outshine him just like in dat song in Paper Trail. He would of k!lled ti and dem other cats. He deserve to be in da remix cuz he been k!llin everything lately.
 09-25-2008, 06:59 PM         #100
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kingme said:
How far back you wanna go? I said Jay's features have been getting up with him which means that it's becoming more and more debatable about who had the best verse on a song that features JAy z and other artist.

Here are the last 2 features I've heard with other rappers off the top of my head.

Mr. Carter....Its debatable who had the better verse.
(And I know alot of yall hate on lil Wayne, Im not a fan of C3 but I know yall heard this song and Jay didn't bring his A game.)

Swagger Like US.....Debatable

What exactly did Jay say that was so fire? His best line was the one someone typo'd earlier: "You can pay to go to school but you can't buy class"

T.I k!lled that track if you ask me.

clearly you have to be joking....mr. carter was debatable?....how you figure that?....jay k!lled wayne on that joint....that song brought about the phrase "i ain't trying to get mr. cartered on my own sh*t"....

and again swagger like us wasn't a song i felt that was about being extra lyrical...it was a song about how you styled on the track....t.i. didn't even attempt to style on the track...he talked about it in regular rap format...i'm not saying his verse wasn't dope...i'm saying it didn't fit the song....jay,kanye,and wayne all styled on the joint...and i thought jay of the 3 who actually styled on the track was the best....plus i thought jay rode the beat the best....if rap was all about looking at lyrics on paper...NONE of the n*ggas who are big right now would be at the top of rap sales wise..
Home      

most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
82 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
79 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
85 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Hugh Jackman Clarifies Disney-Fox Merger & Wolverine Joining the Avenge..
25 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
278 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
95 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy