Heroes Season 3 Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
150 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
22 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
125 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
90 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 03-05-2009, 08:10 PM         #1021
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I don't think Heroes is getting progressively worse or better, in my opinion. By all accounts Season 2 was poor, but Season 3 has been good.

I think the problem is this. People are simply bored. The concept and show itself have lost the freshness and appeal it had in season one.

Season 3 is NOT notably worse than Season 1, and it's definately better than Season 2.

It's like Ricky Gervais with the original Office(British version), he stopped after season 2. Why? Is it because the show was getting notably worse, losing ratings, etc? No. It's because he wanted it to go down as a classic and knows that all things get stale.

You'll always lose appeal over a long stretch of time.

The bottom line is this. Season 3 is not bad. It's not as good as the first Season for reasons noted, but it's still a very good show.

People complaining Heroes has fell off are just bandwagon riders who've left the bandwagon.
 9 years ago '05        #1022
youngvito18 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,778 | Props total: 4716 4716
yo, was there ever a point where peter can absorb 1 power but still keep the one he absorbed earlier.........it seems now when he takes someones power he loses the one he had before
 03-05-2009, 09:10 PM         #1023
xtrapimpin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
They depowered peter, they took Hiro's powers, and Syler is out of the way on on a pointless quest to solve his everlasting daddy/parent issues. Damn you heroes!!!
Thankfully Sylers dad is gonna be Lionol Luther from smallville, which was my favorite actor on that show.....if Syler ever gets there!!!! Damn you Heroes!!!!

Hopefully they won't k!ll him like they do all the decent villians like Adam and Peters dad and especially Lindermann, who were all actors I liked....Damn you Heroes!!!!!

Now the villians we're left with are annoying idiot retard Nathan Petrelli and "kill em all they're terrorists" guy from the government. Damn you heroes!!!

Thankfully we have depowered Peter, flip flop Suresh, professor X reject Parkman, aquaman saving claire(she's so adorable), and no power hiro to save the world....

no wonder everytime they visit the future its blowing up.....

I've officially hated this show for a while now but I'll still watch cuz I want a show about people with superpowers to be good, tho it hasn't been since season 1

Hopefully Syler and his daddy Lionol Luther will hug and father and son will start k!lling everybody
 9 years ago '04        #1024
unkn0wn 
space
space
$4,536 | Props total: 24 24
Heroes does the same sht each season, start off slow and in the middle it starts getting good again...
 03-05-2009, 09:40 PM         #1025
xtrapimpin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"People complaining Heroes has fell off are just bandwagon riders who've left the bandwagon. "

Maybe so maybe not, for any show to continually be successful and keep viewers, you have to like the characters and care about them and what happens to them and the story being told about them, despite any other crazy sh*t that happens on the show.

It has to be character driven at the end of the day, and Heroes is far from that these days. I really don't care what happens to any of the characters, they could all die and I wouldn't care. And alot of them randomly act out of character very often.

Take shows like Dexter- a serial k!ller cop who makes audiences like him
Omar on the wire- a gay gangster who robs and k!lls people who everybody liked
Ben Linus on Lost- a lying a**hole who everybody likes
Tony Soprano- a crime boss a**hole who everybody liked
or even comedies like Seinfeld, 30 Rock, the Office, and my favorite, Arrested development

or even superpower people shows like Buffy and angel, which despite being about demons and stuff were both character driven....

So either make the characters and storylines better or hire actors who can pull it all off

Anyway I still watch it despite all of my complainin, I switch between this and 24 on monday since theres no football and I get a good laugh, 24 is proposterously hilarious
 9 years ago '04        #1026
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
space
$14,130 | Props total: 781 781
 youngvito18 said:
yo, was there ever a point where peter can absorb 1 power but still keep the one he absorbed earlier.........it seems now when he takes someones power he loses the one he had before
im guessin you just started watchin heores recently
 03-05-2009, 10:43 PM         #1027
billieskeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 youngvito18 said:
Yes, watch the previous seasons and you'll get it all explained 2 u
 9 years ago '08        #1028
KarteL13 
space
space
space
$2,445 | Props total: 4 4
 xtrapimpin said:
"People complaining Heroes has fell off are just bandwagon riders who've left the bandwagon. "

Maybe so maybe not, for any show to continually be successful and keep viewers, you have to like the characters and care about them and what happens to them and the story being told about them, despite any other crazy sh*t that happens on the show.

It has to be character driven at the end of the day, and Heroes is far from that these days. I really don't care what happens to any of the characters, they could all die and I wouldn't care. And alot of them randomly act out of character very often.

Take shows like Dexter- a serial k!ller cop who makes audiences like him
Omar on the wire- a gay gangster who robs and k!lls people who everybody liked
Ben Linus on Lost- a lying a**hole who everybody likes
Tony Soprano- a crime boss a**hole who everybody liked
or even comedies like Seinfeld, 30 Rock, the Office, and my favorite, Arrested development

or even superpower people shows like Buffy and angel, which despite being about demons and stuff were both character driven....

So either make the characters and storylines better or hire actors who can pull it all off

Anyway I still watch it despite all of my complainin, I switch between this and 24 on monday since theres no football and I get a good laugh, 24 is proposterously hilarious

The transition between plot driven and character driven has slowly been coming along this volume. I agree, they had a lot of characters that were really annoying and pointless. But this volume hasn't had me grinding my teeth when Mohinder, Peter, or Parkman hit the screen.

If anything, it seems Peter is finally turning the corner and becoming a much more responsible individual. Parkman too. Mohinder hasn't had enough screen time but he has been ok thus far.

Tim Kring already stated that show is now in the stage of being character driven. That was the reason why the other two executives were fired from the show.
 9 years ago '08        #1029
KarteL13 
space
space
space
BTW, it looks like this show is being picked up another season.
 9 years ago '08        #1030
KarteL13 
space
space
space
 r a n c i d said:
I don't think Heroes is getting progressively worse or better, in my opinion. By all accounts Season 2 was poor, but Season 3 has been good.

I think the problem is this. People are simply bored. The concept and show itself have lost the freshness and appeal it had in season one.

Season 3 is NOT notably worse than Season 1, and it's definately better than Season 2.

It's like Ricky Gervais with the original Office(British version), he stopped after season 2. Why? Is it because the show was getting notably worse, losing ratings, etc? No. It's because he wanted it to go down as a classic and knows that all things get stale.

You'll always lose appeal over a long stretch of time.

The bottom line is this. Season 3 is not bad. It's not as good as the first Season for reasons noted, but it's still a very good show.

People complaining Heroes has fell off are just bandwagon riders who've left the bandwagon.

And lets be honest, Sylar made Season 1. He was this mysterious serial k!ller that had people on the edge of their seats everytime he was on screen. And the show was bold with a lot of the blood shed. My eyes widened when that memory girl got her head sliced open. That's when I knew this show was for real.

And I thought Season 2 wasn't too bad. Started off extremely slow but it picked up when Adam became a central part of the plot (in the present). It had that mystery factor season 3 is lacking (someone k!lling off the OGs).
 9 years ago '04        #1031
Plizaya J 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,136 | Props total: 3 3
 modalee81 said:
This is who I believe the Rebel is:

me too, and i find it weird that not many people are mentioning that she could be Rebel

i mean, isnt it obvious, look at her powers

According to the Primatech Paper Co.'s website, Hana had the ability to intercept, generate and interpret electronic wireless transmissions.. She could read e-mails and text messages as they are being transmitted, even before they are received. She could also send messages directly from her mind.
 03-07-2009, 04:04 PM         #1032
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

LOL. Stumbled upon this, didn't realise the guy in the film was the midget 'mutant hunter' from Heroes until now.

He gets slapped by Collin Farrell, so i dunno why the Heroes are scared of him.
 03-07-2009, 04:13 PM         #1033
billieskeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Plizaya J said:
me too, and i find it weird that not many people are mentioning that she could be Rebel

i mean, isnt it obvious, look at her powers
She was the first person I thought of but, thought she died in the comics, but to be honest they never said she was dead so she could still be alive.
 9 years ago '06        #1034
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,782 | Props total: 2262 2262
 KarteL13 said:
BTW, it looks like this show is being picked up another season.
It should be picked up another season cuz its one of NBCs most successful shows and NBC has been the worst network on primetime basic cable channels, they need Heroes.
 9 years ago '04        #1035
Plizaya J 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,136 | Props total: 3 3
 billieskeet said:
She was the first person I thought of but, thought she died in the comics, but to be honest they never said she was dead so she could still be alive.
taken from the heroes wiki

Two days later, though presumably physically dead, Hana chats online to Micah who is worrying about his father's fate after being shot. She tells him that "the truth is, death is never quite what you expect it to be. It might seem like an ending but really... the journey is just beginning."
 9 years ago '08        #1036
KarteL13 
space
space
space
I was thinking:

A precog painting has ALWAYS come true, huh? Its not altered, right?

So it looks like they are going to go through with blowing up DC. If that comes to fruition, that will be ill.
 03-09-2009, 05:35 PM         #1037
DHARMA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I can't wait for this Brian Fuller episode. Pushing Daisies is amazing.

Personally, Volume Four is a lot more realistic and slower paced then Volume Three. I'm liking it so far...even though I do tend to get a little bored. The writing is consistent, a little corny line here and there...the only criticism I have towards this volume, is that the acting is horrible and bring ppl back to life (except Daphne :celebrate0:) ...... and I'm tired of the Heroes getting together so much. They act like best friends forever ...
 9 years ago '08        #1038
KarteL13 
space
space
space
 DHARMA said:
I can't wait for this Brian Fuller episode. Pushing Daisies is amazing.

Personally, Volume Four is a lot more realistic and slower paced then Volume Three. I'm liking it so far...even though I do tend to get a little bored. The writing is consistent, a little corny line here and there...the only criticism I have towards this volume, is that the acting is horrible and bring ppl back to life (except Daphne :celebrate0:) ...... and I'm tired of the Heroes getting together so much. They act like best friends forever ...
who has been brought back to life? Daphene was shot and was never considered dead.

Do that same shiit on Lost.

Acting has been solid, no problems here.

In other news, expect 3 deaths (2 real, 1 fake) by season's end.
 9 years ago '08        #1039
M 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,165 | Props total: 5232 5232
awww poor bunny :(
 9 years ago '07        #1040
Syphernix 9 heat pts
space
space
$16,308 | Props total: 25 25
 ~M~ said:
awww poor bunny :(

good ep.

i wanna kno who rebel is for sure, tho i have my ideas

tracy didnt sell out nathan???
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
47 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
85 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
21 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
69 comments
22 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
40 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
71 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy