[Article] Jayz the MONSTER of the Double Entendre - Lyrics broken down Part 1 and 2

most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
50 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
36 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-21-2008, 07:26 AM         #21
The Young Flip  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Thats how you know more & more people are getting more ignorant cuz they didnt give him as much praise & respect till he switched up the flow
 9 years ago '08        #22
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,891 | Props total: 12601 12601
Goat.
 9 years ago '08        #23
shush456 
space
space
$1,599 | Props total: 59 59
 Real_Sh1t said:
dont act like u didnt learn somethin new!

with the whole Remy line...and the sh*t startin to make cents....

im sure you almost got the line....never fully tho
its old news kid, jay talked about it on vh1 when they looked back at all the tracks for reasonable doubt..... honestly i think thats where they quoted him from in this article..... jay def went over niccas heads i be listenin to sh*t now that im kinnd of older and realizing that sh*t went over my head
 09-21-2008, 09:35 AM         #24
Real_Sh1t  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
that article dopped a while ago...im just sharing it now with Boxden....

supposed to be MANY parts to this...cause Jay has plenty
 9 years ago '06        #25
Menelek 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,196 | Props total: 269 269
That print was hurt my eyes so....

Written by This is Scolla
Monday, 18 August 2008

Before Jigga man's Jiggy era when he "dumbed down for his audience to double his dollars" (dont write me hate mail, the n*gga said it himself)...he was a beast on the mic. Jay started making noise with the release of his single 'Dead Presidents', which garnered the attention of hip hop heads and fellow rappers like BIG. Biggy had just dropped a classic album with Ready To Die and was hands down the king of New York. After Dead presidents dropped, a few of Biggy's friends joked around and said that Jay-z may be better than him, where BIG replied "man, fu*k that". There was a mutual respect as both emcee's were straight out of Brooklyn, and could both get busy on the mic. But their relationship was definetely fueled by competition as described by Jay-z and Ski on the 10 year anniversary of Reasonable Doubt edition of XXL. Little did we know that Jayz was actually taking shots at BIG on Brooklyns finest...
Time to separate the pros from the cons
The platinum from the bronze
That butter soft sh*t from that leather on the Fonz
A S1 diamond from a eye class don
A Cham' Dom' sipper from a Rosay n*gga, huh?!

Jay-z felt that he was the nicest, but he definetely had strong competion with Nas and BIG..."whos the best emcee, biggy, jayz or nas". Jay was coming with a very intricate rhyme scheme never before seen to that level before in rap. Cue the double entendre's.

We used to f!ght for building blocks
Now we f!ght for blocks with buildings that make a k!lling
The closest of friends when we first started
But grew apart as the money grew, and soon grew black-hearted
Thinking back when we first learned to use rubbers
He never learned so in turn I'm kidnapping his baby's mother
My hand around her collar, feeding her cheese
She said the taste of dollars was sh*tty so I fed her fifties
About his whereabouts I wasn't convinced
So I kept feeding her money 'til her sh*t started to make sense
Who could ever forsee, we used to stay up
all night at slumber parties
now I'm trying to rock this bi*ch to sleep
All the years we were real close
Now I see his fears through her tears,
know she's wishing we were still
close
Don't cry, it is the (beat?)
In time, I'll take away your miseries and make 'em mine, D'Evils

This rhyme right here is arguably the illest verse Jay ever spit...he talks about startin up in the drug game with one of his best friends he's known since childhood. Already the rhyme is riddled with clever symbolism with children f!ghting over lego pieces to street n*ggas f!ghting over street corners. But it gets more intense as he explains that the money had gotten in the way of their friendship and Jay-z was now trying to get the where abouts of his former friend through his baby's mother (he never learned how to use rubbers thus he has a baby mother).

The listener is painted a clear picture of Jay-z bribing this woman to give up the where abouts of her boyfriend...and as much as she doesn't want to, her greed for money is taking over (D'evils). At this point, Jayz takes this double meaning riddled verse to the next level with a very thought out line.

"So I kept feeding her money 'til her sh*t started to make sense"

On one hand the line is literal in the sense that the story shes making up doesn't add up until he starts giving her more money for her to come clean. On the other hand the line can be looked at as "So I kept feeding her money 'til her sh*t started to make CENTS". Up until now, im not really dropping any knowlege to the average head...but check out how Jay explained this line in XXL.

He described the human body and how it takes food through the digestive system...in the process the body takes the nutirents that it needs and excretes the rest through what we know as doo doo. So he goes on to say....the line above describes the metaphorical process of digesting a dollar bill. The body takes what it needs and excretes the few cents left over.

HOW fu*kIN DOPE IS THAT???

Keep listening on, and on the 3rd verse Jay drops a triple entendre, which until now, most listeners thought was just a double meaning.

"Throughout my junior high years it was all friendly
But now this higher learning got the Remy in me
Liquors invaded my kidneys
Got me ready to lick off, mama forgive me"

On one hand once again we have the literal sense where Jay is talkin about how he was a good guy in Juinior high til the D'evils (greed for money) got in him and had him wildin out. Metaphorically, he is comparing it to being drunk off remy...the greed has got him acting as if he was intoxicated. The line was dope enough, until i went out and rented a movie called 'higher learning'. The character known as 'Remy' was pretty much a pleasent guy all his fu*kin life (from Junior highschool on, until he reached university...also known as higher learning). Remy then made skin head friends who showed him a new light and had him wildin out.

There my friends, we have a triple entendre.

One more for the beginers...

"Stop screamin', you know the demon said it's best to die
And even if Jehovah witness, bet he'll never testify, D'Evils..."

I hope this one isn't news to you. But none the less, a dope line regardless...Jay-z takes that street mentality, and that by-any-means necessary attitude disrespecting religion for the second time on the track (first one being "i never prayed to God i prayed to Gotti). He is implying that nothing could get between him and money. Taking 'Jehovah witness' and turning it into someone named Jehovah witnessing Jay-z commit a crime, but being too afraid to snitch.

If i was to explain all of Jay's clever rhymes it would take me forever (theres definetely going to have to be a 2nd part to this atleast). Alot of times, his double meanings have to do with the Illuminati. I can't go into those yet, because first i need to convince you that im not a conspiracy theorist walkin around with aluminum foil on my ahead. I call it how i see it, and im very observant. This is kind of my claim to internet "fame"...i blogged about illuminati in hip hip wayyy before you could get any google results on the matter, and much before the exposing video's on youtube. Most of those are on some weirdo sh*t, so just stay tuned for me to drop the science on the matter.

Keep it locked for more...
 09-21-2008, 06:14 PM         #26
Andre3000  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
They were all throughout RD. "Tryna geta nut and he got a nut and what" I understood half of them when I was like 8 YO. Not many were to complicated.
 9 years ago '06        #27
Menelek 5 heat pts
space
space
 Menelek said:
That print was hurt my eyes so....

Written by This is Scolla
Monday, 18 August 2008

Before Jigga man's Jiggy era when he "dumbed down for his audience to double his dollars" (dont write me hate mail, the n*gga said it himself)...he was a beast on the mic. Jay started making noise with the release of his single 'Dead Presidents', which garnered the attention of hip hop heads and fellow rappers like BIG. Biggy had just dropped a classic album with Ready To Die and was hands down the king of New York. After Dead presidents dropped, a few of Biggy's friends joked around and said that Jay-z may be better than him, where BIG replied "man, fu*k that". There was a mutual respect as both emcee's were straight out of Brooklyn, and could both get busy on the mic. But their relationship was definetely fueled by competition as described by Jay-z and Ski on the 10 year anniversary of Reasonable Doubt edition of XXL. Little did we know that Jayz was actually taking shots at BIG on Brooklyns finest...
Time to separate the pros from the cons
The platinum from the bronze
That butter soft sh*t from that leather on the Fonz
A S1 diamond from a eye class don
A Cham' Dom' sipper from a Rosay n*gga, huh?!

Jay-z felt that he was the nicest, but he definetely had strong competion with Nas and BIG..."whos the best emcee, biggy, jayz or nas". Jay was coming with a very intricate rhyme scheme never before seen to that level before in rap. Cue the double entendre's.

We used to f!ght for building blocks
Now we f!ght for blocks with buildings that make a k!lling
The closest of friends when we first started
But grew apart as the money grew, and soon grew black-hearted
Thinking back when we first learned to use rubbers
He never learned so in turn I'm kidnapping his baby's mother
My hand around her collar, feeding her cheese
She said the taste of dollars was sh*tty so I fed her fifties
About his whereabouts I wasn't convinced
So I kept feeding her money 'til her sh*t started to make sense
Who could ever forsee, we used to stay up
all night at slumber parties
now I'm trying to rock this bi*ch to sleep
All the years we were real close
Now I see his fears through her tears,
know she's wishing we were still
close
Don't cry, it is the (beat?)
In time, I'll take away your miseries and make 'em mine, D'Evils

This rhyme right here is arguably the illest verse Jay ever spit...he talks about startin up in the drug game with one of his best friends he's known since childhood. Already the rhyme is riddled with clever symbolism with children f!ghting over lego pieces to street n*ggas f!ghting over street corners. But it gets more intense as he explains that the money had gotten in the way of their friendship and Jay-z was now trying to get the where abouts of his former friend through his baby's mother (he never learned how to use rubbers thus he has a baby mother).

The listener is painted a clear picture of Jay-z bribing this woman to give up the where abouts of her boyfriend...and as much as she doesn't want to, her greed for money is taking over (D'evils). At this point, Jayz takes this double meaning riddled verse to the next level with a very thought out line.

"So I kept feeding her money 'til her sh*t started to make sense"

On one hand the line is literal in the sense that the story shes making up doesn't add up until he starts giving her more money for her to come clean. On the other hand the line can be looked at as "So I kept feeding her money 'til her sh*t started to make CENTS". Up until now, im not really dropping any knowlege to the average head...but check out how Jay explained this line in XXL.

He described the human body and how it takes food through the digestive system...in the process the body takes the nutirents that it needs and excretes the rest through what we know as doo doo. So he goes on to say....the line above describes the metaphorical process of digesting a dollar bill. The body takes what it needs and excretes the few cents left over.

HOW fu*kIN DOPE IS THAT???

Keep listening on, and on the 3rd verse Jay drops a triple entendre, which until now, most listeners thought was just a double meaning.

"Throughout my junior high years it was all friendly
But now this higher learning got the Remy in me
Liquors invaded my kidneys
Got me ready to lick off, mama forgive me"

On one hand once again we have the literal sense where Jay is talkin about how he was a good guy in Juinior high til the D'evils (greed for money) got in him and had him wildin out. Metaphorically, he is comparing it to being drunk off remy...the greed has got him acting as if he was intoxicated. The line was dope enough, until i went out and rented a movie called 'higher learning'. The character known as 'Remy' was pretty much a pleasent guy all his fu*kin life (from Junior highschool on, until he reached university...also known as higher learning). Remy then made skin head friends who showed him a new light and had him wildin out.

There my friends, we have a triple entendre.

One more for the beginers...

"Stop screamin', you know the demon said it's best to die
And even if Jehovah witness, bet he'll never testify, D'Evils..."

I hope this one isn't news to you. But none the less, a dope line regardless...Jay-z takes that street mentality, and that by-any-means necessary attitude disrespecting religion for the second time on the track (first one being "i never prayed to God i prayed to Gotti). He is implying that nothing could get between him and money. Taking 'Jehovah witness' and turning it into someone named Jehovah witnessing Jay-z commit a crime, but being too afraid to snitch.

If i was to explain all of Jay's clever rhymes it would take me forever (theres definetely going to have to be a 2nd part to this atleast). Alot of times, his double meanings have to do with the Illuminati. I can't go into those yet, because first i need to convince you that im not a conspiracy theorist walkin around with aluminum foil on my ahead. I call it how i see it, and im very observant. This is kind of my claim to internet "fame"...i blogged about illuminati in hip hip wayyy before you could get any google results on the matter, and much before the exposing video's on youtube. Most of those are on some weirdo sh*t, so just stay tuned for me to drop the science on the matter.

Keep it locked for more...
This was a waste of time except for Remy from Higher Learning..but can anybody verify that? I dont remember dudes name being Remy but whatever.
 9 years ago '06        #28
BlackandGifted 17 heat pts17
space
space
$24,431 | Props total: 788 788
 KrayLay said:
And people need to realize he wasn't on this level for his whole career. Only RD
kisten to american dreaming
 9 years ago '07        #29
CheezyDoDo 15 heat pts15
space
space
$11,364 | Props total: 184 184
"n*ggas say they hot but its really not seemin,if these n*ggas bad then I gotta be a demon"

that sh*t went hard
 09-30-2008, 09:48 PM         #30
Real_Sh1t  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

heres just a piece...MUST MUST READ

My confederation, dead a nation, EXPLODE
on detonation, overload the mind of a said patient

A confederation is a group of empowered states and communities...and Jay takes the government side of things and compares it to him and his Boss dealers in the street metaphorically.

On one hand you got government confederation’s who start wars and drop bombs that “dead a nation” on “detonation” of the bomb itself....overloading the common person’s mind with manipulation and what not. Jay-z takes that with him and his people (my confederation) dead a nation, meaning k!ll the black community with crack cocaine....as soon as they spark their pipes up. Spark, meaning to detonate. Overload the mind of “a said patient” in this case the ‘said patient’ is a crack fiend overloading his/her brain with smoke.

Check that out...

Thoughts?
 9 years ago '04        #31
slimyellow 4 heat pts
space
space
$13,121 | Props total: 1155 1155
kids aint ready.
 9 years ago '05        #32
Nickel 118 heat pts118
space
space
$11,231 | Props total: 179 179
no their not....n*gga was WAYY ahead of his time as far as the wordplay back in '96
 9 years ago '05        #33
LVuittonDon4EVA 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,611 | Props total: 442 442
Hova!
 9 years ago '04        #34
rock249 8 heat pts
space
space
$530 | Props total: 8 8
sh*t n*ggas. Only 61 more days till The Blueprint 3 drops. 61 more sleepless nights. Jay-Z = G.O.A.T. Jay-Z Won.
 9 years ago '05        #35
LVuittonDon4EVA 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,611 | Props total: 442 442
 BuddenStan said:
reaching.................. guys probably a lupe fan
You must've not seen the Reasonable Doubt special Jay had on VH1 during the whole 10th Anniversary and stuff huh? A lot of the stuff the guy said in the article Jay himself already covered in the special, same for when he broke down D'Evils.
 10-01-2008, 12:34 AM         #36
Real_Sh1t  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ignorant people are always gonna doubt that a black man in RAP can come up with something so artistic

then u got haters who like to hate on anything that people might like
 9 years ago '06        #37
BlackandGifted 17 heat pts17
space
space
$24,431 | Props total: 788 788
I listen to Reasonalbe Doubt 7 days a week and I'm still blown away by it
 10-01-2008, 03:00 AM         #38
allabout$  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yea. jay had some very ill metaphors in that album. Everytime I listen to it, some random lines pops up which i suddenly get, and it's a great feeling... it's been 12 years, and people are still dissecting this album.

I don't think even Jay, himself, knew what he had in his hands when he made this album. Truly a chilling experience. All his albums after this were definitely hot, but RD is, and probably will be, the album he will be remembered for.

If you like hip-hop like this where you have to dissect the lyrics to find the deeper meaning, i suggest listening to Aesop Rock and Cannibal Ox. Truly cryptic lyrics with imagery all waiting to be understood. Would probably make Jay-Z jealous.
 10-01-2008, 03:39 AM         #39
THE TRUTHINESS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nas lost.
 9 years ago '06        #40
Menelek 5 heat pts
space
space
Blah Blah. According to this guy I must be a fu*king Genuis. He explain nothing new infact he got some thing wrong obviously by reaching.

That Whole Detonation Confederation sh*t had nothing with k!lling the black massess with crack and them Blowing up because they smoked a crack pipe.

If anything the Explosion on Detonaiton is talking about Blowing somebody's brains out, with a gun.

I got all this sh*t when I first heard it.

I wonder what people would say about my rhymes if n*ggas be reaching like this.

For Ex. If yall n*ggas f!ght yall loosing yah life, I put the BlUE in the WHITE, Yall Wasnt moving it Right- ShowTime

Now, Im the Master of Double Meanings hahahhaha.

or n*ggas should Go Crazy when I say: Passnger 57, This is a Hi-Jack/ I cant be Grounded, with these Fly Raps

Or

I should be praised for Lines Like: Buy a Pendulum so you can understand my flo-motion

or : I geurilla Pimp like the A-Team/I spray steam/so u can get, So fresh and So Clean

hahaha

Did you hear what I said I Spray steam so You can get, So Fresh and So Clean...OMG hahaha

Thats like When jay said ,"you can Pay for School but You cant buy Class"

Some dude was like He rewinded that line 50 times.

Thats lets you know how much Mediocore BS there is out there when n*ggas going crazy off a line like that.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
106 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
187 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
50 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
97 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy