chest and bis or chest and tris?

most viewed right now
 128
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
28 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 77
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
91 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 74
Image(s) inside Ayo Cardi B sister tho.....!!!
62 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 56
Image(s) inside Charlamagne Tha god & Joe Budden Working On A New Show.
144 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 09-19-2008, 01:24 PM         #1
12854 pageviews
38 comments


RKO 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
chest and bis or chest and tris?
 

 
should i go with chest and bis / back n tris or chest and tri / back and bis?


Last edited by JustinSane; 09-22-2008 at 04:03 PM..

38 comments for "chest and bis or chest and tris?"

 9 years ago '06        #2
lexball50 
space
avatar space
space
$2,107 | Props total: 192 192
I do bi's with push exercises and tri's with pulls. Like I do Biceps on chest and shoulder days, then I do tri's on back day. I do both on when I train legs though. Truthfully it really dont matter. If you do Tri's with chest make sure you do Tri's last so your chest wont suffer.
 9 years ago '05        #3
JustinSane|M 
space
avatar space
space
$2,966 | Props total: 17 17
chest/bicep's, shoulders/tricep's, back with another area or alone.
 9 years ago '04        #4
123456 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$6,273 | Props total: 273 273
switch it up

for a month i did chest/tris....then chest/bis the next month. i like chest/bis more though..
 09-19-2008, 02:04 PM         #5
aRes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It really jsut depends on what feels best to you. Some say chest/tri because its the same motion, while others say chest/bis because when your bicep is fully pumped it helps give a little push.

i hit bis and tris twice a week, say chest is monday, ill do chest/bi/tri, then later in the week when i do shoulders, ill do tri, and then back/bi. always mix up the routines tho, never do the asme one twice in a week
 9 years ago '05        #6
JustinSane|M 
space
avatar space
space
$2,966 | Props total: 17 17
Not to knock anyone else's routine, but aim to work a body part once a week to allow the proper amount of rest.
 09-19-2008, 02:33 PM         #7
westcoastdog  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^ thats a broad statment, people recover at different rates, depending on how they lift, how long they been doing it, and most of all the there diet & supps. Not every body needs that long to recover.

as for the thread starters question, I would say evaluate your body, what parts grow easliy, what parts are lagging, then prioritize your weak parts. For example my chest grows very easliy and biceps tend to lag, so wether I am doing bi's with chest or back I hit them first. Like everybody else said go with what works best for you as far as pairing up body parts, just make sure you are hitting the body parts you need to work on first and the hardest.
 9 years ago '04        #8
123456 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$6,273 | Props total: 273 273
 JustinSane said:
Not to knock anyone else's routine, but aim to work a body part once a week to allow the proper amount of rest.
Honestly, once a week is overrated. You will not overtrain working each muscle twice a week if you know what you're doing. I've seen PLENTY of people get some good a.ss results (including myself) training a muscle twice a week. Doing it once obviously won't hurt you but you could be just slowing yourself down. Even if you're sore, you can work that muscle out. 2 days is enough rest for most muscles. People confuse soreness with being a way to tell you if you've recovered or not. You WILL KNOW if you've overtrained. You will feel real worn out. It's a different feeling than you normally have. There's actually a workout by Layne Norton that I'll be doing real soon...check out this thread:



Try it out if you ever get the chance...if you've never tried it, you can't say it's a bad thing to do. You will thank me if you try this :dancingcool:


Last edited by 123456; 09-19-2008 at 02:44 PM..
 9 years ago '06        #9
lexball50 
space
avatar space
space
$2,107 | Props total: 192 192
I def will work the same part more than once a weak. So hot sh*t that I been doing for the last month is I have a heavy chest day (with bi's of course) then a light chest day (also with bi's). Like I may go heavy on chest Monday ill do Flat, incline, and decline barbell. then on the light days ill do the same a little light and a few more rep but with the dumbells. Then Ill do a few flies using the dumbells and push-ups on heavy also but cable/machine flies and seated chest press on light chest day.

My advice, try a few things out and see what works for you. Training a body part once a week didnt really work out for me.
 09-19-2008, 07:11 PM         #10
stripes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i think especially with biceps there is no need to train more than one a week you will just over the work the muslce

eg.
when you lift for your back you are using your bi's as a secondary muscle

same when it comes to dong chest you use you tri's

i find it much better for results only do one session of direct lifting to a bodypart each week

if i did more i think it would take longer for my lifts to goup in weight etc


Last edited by stripes; 09-19-2008 at 07:16 PM..
 9 years ago '05        #11
JustinSane|M 
space
avatar space
space
$2,966 | Props total: 17 17
What I meant by one part a week are the main muscles like Biceps, Triceps, Back, Legs etc...those only need once a week. However, what you can do, and what I do is create routines where you work secondary muscles within the main groups over the course of a week. So what that means is say, you'll have your bicep day Monday, but if you do things right, on any other day, you can do exercises who's main goal may be to work on say, Triceps, but they also work on your bicep, just on a smaller scale. I know for myself, I do mostly 4 day splits which doesn't give time to do more than a part a week so I don't know what you guys' routines are like to permit that. Also, keep in mind that just because a body part doesn't hurt or isn't tired doesn't mean that it's ready to go through another session. A key aspect to growth is letting yourself and your body rest properly after you work the sh*t out of your muscles.
 09-19-2008, 09:36 PM         #12
westcoastdog  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^ I wouldnt consider biceps or triceps "main muscles" they are small and can be hit more then once a week. Your back, legs,& chest need the most time to recover becuase they are so big and are made up of so many different parts.
 9 years ago '05        #13
Rubix 
space
avatar space
space
$8,494 | Props total: 826 826
 westcoastdog said:
^^ I wouldnt consider biceps or triceps "main muscles" they are small and can be hit more then once a week. Your back, legs,& chest need the most time to recover becuase they are so big and are made up of so many different parts.
yeah and because they are small, they shouldn't be worked more than once a week. you don't need a lot of volume for your bi's and tri's to grow and they can be overtrained very easily as opposed to a large muscle like the chest.

besides, if you're hitting bi's twice a week, you are essentially doing it 3 times..once from doing your back. what's worse is if you're hitting tri's "twice" a week, you're actually working it out 4 times - 2 being from isolation, 1 during chest and one during shoulder. this doesn't provide ample time for recovery.

personally, i get the most growth from limiting my bi's and tri's to 9 working sets per week always going heavy and hitting failure at the 6-8th rep.

as for the OP's question..yeah like everybody else said, it all depends on what you think is best for u. i used to do chest/tri's back/bi's but i find that my tri's and bi's are pretty much done at the end of the workout if i paired them up like that. whereas, when i pair chest with bi's, i still have enough in the tank to give my bi's the extra attention with heavy sets..same with tri's. i noticed that if i work my tri's after chest, i can only do about 195 lbs on the close grip but if i paired them with back, i can do 245..thats quite a difference.
 9 years ago '04        #14
123456 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$6,273 | Props total: 273 273
 Rubix said:
as for the OP's question..yeah like everybody else said, it all depends on what you think is best for u. i used to do chest/tri's back/bi's but i find that my tri's and bi's are pretty much done at the end of the workout if i paired them up like that. whereas, when i pair chest with bi's, i still have enough in the tank to give my bi's the extra attention with heavy sets..same with tri's. i noticed that if i work my tri's after chest, i can only do about 195 lbs on the close grip but if i paired them with back, i can do 245..thats quite a difference.
exactly how i feel
 9 years ago '08        #15
get_ate 
space
avatar space
space
$1,848 | Props total: 399 399
Someone's knowledge is being exposed in this thread...
 9 years ago '05        #16
JustinSane|M 
space
avatar space
space
$2,966 | Props total: 17 17
 get_ate said:
Someone's knowledge is being exposed in this thread...
I think you mean level of knowledge...well I hope you do anyways.
 9 years ago '06        #17
lexball50 
space
avatar space
space
$2,107 | Props total: 192 192
I think its all opinion though cause a lot of the sh*t I read in the magazines and online didnt really work for me. A lot of the sets and programs they posted were sh*t. I got a trainner at my gym (which I didnt want to do, but I mainly wanted him for my diet) but I learned a hell of a lot. Im taking the cert test in a lil while and gonna try to do it part time at the my gym. But to the OP, get some books, take what guys said online and try em out.

BEST SITE EVER FOR WORKOUTS

 9 years ago '06        #18
Hit Em' Up 61 heat pts61
space
space
space
$4,833 | Props total: 1175 1175
 JustinSane said:
What I meant by one part a week are the main muscles like Biceps, Triceps, Back, Legs etc...those only need once a week. However, what you can do, and what I do is create routines where you work secondary muscles within the main groups over the course of a week. So what that means is say, you'll have your bicep day Monday, but if you do things right, on any other day, you can do exercises who's main goal may be to work on say, Triceps, but they also work on your bicep, just on a smaller scale. I know for myself, I do mostly 4 day splits which doesn't give time to do more than a part a week so I don't know what you guys' routines are like to permit that. Also, keep in mind that just because a body part doesn't hurt or isn't tired doesn't mean that it's ready to go through another session. A key aspect to growth is letting yourself and your body rest properly after you work the sh*t out of your muscles.
You can if your volume is good. but i wouldnt go over twice weekly for someone who considers themselves 'hardgainers'. If their not then most likely they wont be asking for advice here.
 9 years ago '05        #19
JustinSane|M 
space
avatar space
space
$2,966 | Props total: 17 17
 Hit Em' Up said:
You can if your volume is good. but i wouldnt go over twice weekly for someone who considers themselves 'hardgainers'. If their not then most likely they wont be asking for advice here.
Not necessarily. Regardless of that though, I think this thread has made it clear that people do what works for them and you can't figure that out unless try various routines. I'm sure I could push myself to work the same areas more than once a week, but my routines aren't structured to all to allow that as well as I don't feel I need to to experience the same results.
 09-20-2008, 07:09 PM         #20
westcoastdog  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^ agreed, the real trick to keep making gains is to confuse your muscles. That dosn't mean try somthing new evey week, but evey couple of months change your pase, your split, or your reps. You will find lifts that will really work for you and can always stick with thoes through every routine, it could be as simple as changing your grip or time between reps. Bottom line keep your mucsles guessing, don't allow them to get use to one routine, cuz once that happens growth will be minaml.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 60
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
107 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 48
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
157 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 34
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
226 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 32
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
49 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 30
Here is what Disney now owns.
76 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 25
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 24
Video inside Walmart employee smokes weed in front of shoppers
62 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 22
Image(s) inside Dec 14 - The FCC just killed net neutrality
99 comments
18 hours ago
@news
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy