Sep 15 - White Privilege and the 2008 Election

most viewed right now
 232
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
189 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 194
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
56 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 103
Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 87
NBA Lonzo Ball still disrespecting Nas
68 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 09-18-2008, 10:08 AM         #141
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jataylorlfc said:
if a normal white family were in palins predicament they would be considered a problem, a redneck pregnant teen, the typical stereotype.

and this is why your country is getting worse and worse, its like u idiots like racism, u thrive in it its disgusting.
A normal family? Palins family was/is the epitome of a "normal family"
A PTA mother self proclaimed "hockey mom"

And our country was built on a oppression so obviously its obviously gonna take time to move forward as a whole country. Don't know why it concerns you

Once again article is on point and even the negative responses are proving it


Last edited by REAL_NESS; 09-18-2008 at 10:09 AM..
 9 years ago '06        #142
DominicanLou 17 heat pts17
space
avatar space
space
$7,361 | Props total: 4635 4635
 vegaspete27k said:
surprised to LEARN this dude is white... but the point remains the same. most blacks are whiners. Why is it that everytime theres an thread in boxden based on racism theres a ton of replies primarily by blacks screaming racism. racism is an excuse for their shortcomings. By the way im not a racist. just real talk
Youre one of those people who get their feelings hurt. Maybe its because you're tired of hearing about how all the "wrong" white people have done and you feel its unfair, which I can agree. But its scary that you believe what you wrote. Youre making a blanket statement about black people over "a ton of replies primarily by blacks" and using that to prove something? You sound real bitter. "Most blacks are whiners"? Thats laughable. At least attempt to be accurate. Its a big world out there.

Its people like you who dont think critically. why do you feel that way? why do you feel blacks whine all the time? when you start digging for answers you would retract what you said. The problem is not that most black people are whiners. Its that many people believe most black people are whiners. Its all about your perception and your attitude. Perhaps you've been preconditioned. Wake the fu*k up. Dont believe the hype. And if you want people to take you seriously dont sound like a bitter, immature kid talking sh*t because you really have nothing of substance to contribute. Man Up.
 09-18-2008, 12:07 PM         #143
Danja2Society 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Excellent article.
 9 years ago '06        #144
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,908 | Props total: 7597 7597
 jataylorlfc said:
well then u must be blind, because im white and ive done so.

theres rarely a comment in a thread about some1 whos black and been k!lled that isnt RIP and another dead black man etc. yet the same thread about a white person (and from a thread about a stabbing in the uk) " he probably deserved it" and then a whole tirade about how the black people who stabbed him were probably from a poor are and he was from a rich area, so its justified, completely missing the fact that wasnt the case.
you don't know what you're talking about Frankly I dont give a damn about the UK and what goes on over there (I wish you felt the same way about America) So if you started a thread about someone getting stabbed in the UK or where ever it is you're from, I could give a fukk less about that thread and what goes on in it, sorry.
 09-18-2008, 01:57 PM         #145
magatsu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 VerballyAbusive said:
Maybe she can pass for white but have you also ever thought that there may be some other variables that may have some influence? Like the type or make of car? Your age? s3x? The time you were driving? Where you were driving? How you were driving? Amount of passengers? Any things, besides skin color that caused you to look suspicious.

Not trying to deny totally that this was white priviledge, but you must consider all the variables that may have caused you to get pulled over, not just one. I have tint in my windows, I'm black as hell, drive an 07 Impala. In two years, I've only gotten pulled over once for my tints and thats because I was driving in a neighboorhood in Chi that is drug infested during late night. After the cops saw I was legit they let me go, no ticket no warning.
All things that shouldn't have a bearing on my suspicion, sounds like profiling to me. The only reason an officer should be stopping anyone is if the plates don't match up or if the car is displaying erratic driving/breaking traffic laws/sees a gun hanging out of the window.

No passengers either time, and the only time I didn't get searched was when I had my little brother in the car with me. It was in a suburban area, mostly white. Twice was late at night, between 11pm-2am and another was afternoon like 6/7pm. At the time we both drove Honda's, a Civic, and an Accord. (If anything she should get pulled over more because her car is lighter and the windows stand out more than on my dark car) And each time I was obeying the speed limit and driving fine on the account that I had seen the officer posted up beforehand. Like I said, I never got a speeding ticket or any kind of warning for my driving.

And at the end of the day, regardless of whether you want to believe it or not, at some point in the majority of a white person's life they are granted a privilege that comes from the basis of them being the same as the majority. They may not notice it and the person giving it to them may not realize it either but it exists. Its a product of history/institutions/environment. Its not something that can be easily/if ever changed. You don't have to be angry about it or offended by it, but people on a whole would benefit if we all just acknowledged it.

If an officer(white or minority) pulls over a group of white girls in a car late at night in the suburbs, chances are he's thinking they're drunk/coming from a party, all in all doing something harmless, and likely isn't thinking of drawing his weapon. If he pulls over a car full of blacks/latinos males in those same suburbs chances are he's thinking they are suspicious, possibly in a stolen vehicle, possibly have weapons on them, and is prepared to draw his weapon at the first sign of trouble.

Now if this officer can stop and realize, "damn, maybe I'm being biased." Just maybe we would have less instances of hasty police shootings and less incidents between police and minorities.

Unfortunately at the end of the day society/media/social factors still tell us that a group of minority males late night is more likely to be getting into trouble versus a group of white females/males. Until that changes somehow it will still be what it is.

I mean not too long ago I got pulled over by an officer that said I didn't have my seat belt on......first off it had been on since I left the house (like always) and there was no way possible for him to even see if I had it on or not. He didn't pass me on the opposite side then turn around, he was on the left side of my car parked in the cut as usual, and how would he have seen in to my car with the windows rolled up with a supposed "too dark" tint? No ticket/no other reason besides my seat belt....and he wanted to search my car....Hmmmmm.
 09-18-2008, 02:07 PM         #146
Steveo54 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 magatsu said:
All things that shouldn't have a bearing on my suspicion, sounds like profiling to me. The only reason an officer should be stopping anyone is if the plates don't match up or if the car is displaying erratic driving/breaking traffic laws/sees a gun hanging out of the window.

No passengers either time, and the only time I didn't get searched was when I had my little brother in the car with me. It was in a suburban area, mostly white. Twice was late at night, between 11pm-2am and another was afternoon like 6/7pm. At the time we both drove Honda's, a Civic, and an Accord. (If anything she should get pulled over more because her car is lighter and the windows stand out more than on my dark car) And each time I was obeying the speed limit and driving fine on the account that I had seen the officer posted up beforehand. Like I said, I never got a speeding ticket or any kind of warning for my driving.

And at the end of the day, regardless of whether you want to believe it or not, at some point in the majority of a white person's life they are granted a privilege that comes from the basis of them being the same as the majority. They may not notice it and the person giving it to them may not realize it either but it exists. Its a product of history/institutions/environment. Its not something that can be easily/if ever changed. You don't have to be angry about it or offended by it, but people on a whole would benefit if we all just acknowledged it.

If an officer(white or minority) pulls over a group of white girls in a car late at night in the suburbs, chances are he's thinking they're drunk/coming from a party, all in all doing something harmless, and likely isn't thinking of drawing his weapon. If he pulls over a car full of blacks/latinos males in those same suburbs chances are he's thinking they are suspicious, possibly in a stolen vehicle, possibly have weapons on them, and is prepared to draw his weapon at the first sign of trouble.

Now if this officer can stop and realize, "damn, maybe I'm being biased." Just maybe we would have less instances of hasty police shootings and less incidents between police and minorities.

Unfortunately at the end of the day society/media/social factors still tell us that a group of minority males late night is more likely to be getting into trouble versus a group of white females/males. Until that changes somehow it will still be what it is.

I mean not too long ago I got pulled over by an officer that said I didn't have my seat belt on......first off it had been on since I left the house (like always) and there was no way possible for him to even see if I had it on or not. He didn't pass me on the opposite side then turn around, he was on the left side of my car parked in the cut as usual, and how would he have seen in to my car with the windows rolled up with a supposed "too dark" tint? No ticket/no other reason besides my seat belt....and he wanted to search my car....Hmmmmm.
youre comparing a car full of chicks to a car full of guys...obviously the chicks are more likely to get away with whatever they were doing wrong.
 9 years ago '06        #147
tpoker 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$3,423 | Props total: 179 179
white privilege is being born with money and having two college educated parents...sh*t even 1 would b nice 4 most black ppl
 9 years ago '04        #148
Hood_Rich 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$15,687 | Props total: 433 433
Obama for change!!!
 09-18-2008, 09:46 PM         #149
adadfalife607 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
great post, i am white and this is true
 9 years ago '06        #150
PoetikTrev 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,691 | Props total: 71 71
 jataylorlfc said:
if a normal white family were in palins predicament they would be considered a problem, a redneck pregnant teen, the typical stereotype.

and this is why your country is getting worse and worse, its like u idiots like racism, u thrive in it its disgusting.

Define "normal" white family. If you are in the UK how can you tell me what a normal white american girl is? You dont live here so I really dont expect you to know what you are talking about...and im pretty sure your country is colorblind as well right?
 09-19-2008, 03:53 AM         #151
jataylorlfc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 REAL_NESS said:
A normal family? Palins family was/is the epitome of a "normal family"
A PTA mother self proclaimed "hockey mom"

And our country was built on a oppression so obviously its obviously gonna take time to move forward as a whole country. Don't know why it concerns you

Once again article is on point and even the negative responses are proving it
yeah, that like to hunt for example? that thinks the iraq war is a task from god?

just because her image is one that appears to be a wholesome family one doesnt mean it is.

u summed it up yourself there "self proclaimed hockey mum"

you don't know what you're talking about Frankly I dont give a damn about the UK and what goes on over there (I wish you felt the same way about America) So if you started a thread about someone getting stabbed in the UK or where ever it is you're from, I could give a fukk less about that thread and what goes on in it, sorry.
and maybe thats why u idiots see so many differences among eachother, if u looked out of your own country you would see how similar all yanks are, then maybe there wouldnt be this idea of black people have to do this, this is what white people do etc.

and so what? ur an ignorant gobsh*te? is that ur point? my point is i posted a news story and the american posters immediately started looking at race.

Define "normal" white family. If you are in the UK how can you tell me what a normal white american girl is? You dont live here so I really dont expect you to know what you are talking about...and im pretty sure your country is colorblind as well right?
not a politicians family? not obsessed with hunting or incredibly (supposedly) religious etc.

no, but as ive already stated its alot better than america, we know its class thats the issue and race is just a confusing element.
 09-19-2008, 04:15 AM         #152
ElMarroAfamado 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sorry to burst your people guys as much as i hate to say this ... . .
mccain and palin are going to win ....
no matter what me and you try to do about it ....
there are just too many racist white people sorry guys.
 09-19-2008, 06:35 AM         #153
stepyourgameup 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LISTEN YOU DUMB fu*kS!

White privilege is when you are elected mayor after being convicted for drug charges. That would never happen for a black man!

What? Marion Barry is black?

shiiiiiiiiiiiit
 9 years ago '05        #154
heeznutz 
space
avatar space
space
$2,209 | Props total: 298 298
Where i come from REDNECK is a term of Pride .

Good read but kinda long for the average BX'er .



Last edited by heeznutz; 09-19-2008 at 06:59 AM..
 9 years ago '05        #155
DymeKatcha 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$9,163 | Props total: 957 957
That real sh*t..
 9 years ago '05        #156
CalcuoCuchicheo 
space
avatar space
space
$6,478 | Props total: 3 3
 DJ Endo said:
So you're Saying when white people slaved, tortured and k!lled black people it wasn't because of racism, but because of black people's "shortcomings" ??????

GTFO!!!
Racism had almost nothing to do with African slavery. It was economics. Racist ideas were simply propagated in an attempt to justify the unjustifiable.

And regarding "shortcomings", although I doubt the guy you quoted meant it this way, nobody ever enslaved peoples stronger than them.

 tpoker said:
white privilege is being born with money and having two college educated parents...sh*t even 1 would b nice 4 most black ppl
LMAO. That's really NOT "white privilege", you idiot.

That's the problem - half of you don't even grasp concept you're condemning.
 09-19-2008, 09:44 AM         #157
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jataylorlfc said:
yeah, that like to hunt for example? that thinks the iraq war is a task from god?

just because her image is one that appears to be a wholesome family one doesnt mean it is.

u summed it up yourself there "self proclaimed hockey mum"



and maybe thats why u idiots see so many differences among eachother, if u looked out of your own country you would see how similar all yanks are, then maybe there wouldnt be this idea of black people have to do this, this is what white people do etc.

and so what? ur an ignorant gobsh*te? is that ur point? my point is i posted a news story and the american posters immediately started looking at race.



not a politicians family? not obsessed with hunting or incredibly (supposedly) religious etc.

no, but as ive already stated its alot better than america, we know its class thats the issue and race is just a confusing element.
Fam the Palin family is the epitome of a typical "white family" what are you trying to argue and you actually proved my point and the point of the article. f this had been Obama's family, he'd be so far behind in the polls. Be real with yourself.

Dont even know what your arguing for
 9 years ago '04        #158
Hood_Rich 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$15,687 | Props total: 433 433
 tpoker said:
white privilege is being born with money and having two college educated parents...sh*t even 1 would b nice 4 most black ppl
im black and fit that criteria and know plenty others who do too
 09-19-2008, 01:36 PM         #159
skittlez86 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kingme said:
you don't know what you're talking about Frankly I dont give a damn about the UK and what goes on over there (I wish you felt the same way about America) So if you started a thread about someone getting stabbed in the UK or where ever it is you're from, I could give a fukk less about that thread and what goes on in it, sorry.
you are an ignorant idiot. why are people constantly trying to call out other people because of their race, gender, s3xual orientation, religion, geographical location? You only talk trash because you are insecure. Do you really feel better about yourself after telling this guy that you "could give a fukk less about someone getting stabbed in the UK?" grow up man
instead of repping all of these socially constructed factors and hating on others, we should all be repping HUMANITY and caring about humanity as a whole.
by the way, the UK is the sh*t. you obviously have never been there

one more sidenote - to those hating on the people from out of the country trying to discuss our politics. I was just in Europe this summer, went to a lot of different countries, and the people there know more about our politics than most Americans I know. Moreover, being the most powerful country in world, our decisions and elections reflect and affect that of the entire world.


Last edited by skittlez86; 09-19-2008 at 01:40 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #160
DubA169 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,737 | Props total: 0 0
politics and race relations do not go hand and hand^^^

he doesnt have a true grasp on what its like to live here...just like i dont have a true grasp on race relations in the UK
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 49
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
40 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 36
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
38 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 35
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
215 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 30
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
144 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 30
Image(s) inside Fake Ashanti Look WAAY BADDER Than The Real Ashanti
36 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 24
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
191 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 21
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
54 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 16
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
85 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy