Sep 15 - White Privilege and the 2008 Election

most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
53 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
12 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Israeli "lawyer" with a fatty :kobedatass:
60 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #101
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
$4,466 | Props total: 293 293
 Steveo54 said:
i never even said "thats a lie", that was someone else in response to me, please learn to read....ive already stated my sh*t earlier too, and i disagree 100% with you. ANYONE drawing welfare is looked down upon whether they are black/white/mexican etc.

and this article talks about nothing but rich white people with political power...like they represent the entire white population...seriously?
Exactly, and these gullible people want to agree with the article without using half of their brain power, hopefully.

I also sense a lot of self hatred in here. I think a lot of people's opinions in here is not based on how America in general views certain issues but rather how they view these issues themselves or a select few.

Once again, the "few" valid and truthful points discussed in this garbage a.ss article have more to do with class, political clout, and influence than race. Some of the points are outright silly. White priviledge obviously does exist in this country but this is a very sad attempt at trying to highlight such.
 9 years ago '04        #102
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
$4,466 | Props total: 293 293
 magatsu said:
As a matter of fact here's another perfect example. My mom and I both have the exact same tint on our cars....my mom can pass for a white woman. She has never been pulled over for her tint being too dark, or never asked/accused of it when pulled over for speeding.......me on the other hand.....pulled over the 4 times in the past 2 months.....not for speeding, for the sole purpose of my tint "appearing too dark". In which 3 of the 4 times I was then asked if I could have my car searched......white privilege.
Maybe she can pass for white but have you also ever thought that there may be some other variables that may have some influence? Like the type or make of car? Your age? s3x? The time you were driving? Where you were driving? How you were driving? Amount of passengers? Any things, besides skin color that caused you to look suspicious.

Not trying to deny totally that this was white priviledge, but you must consider all the variables that may have caused you to get pulled over, not just one. I have tint in my windows, I'm black as hell, drive an 07 Impala. In two years, I've only gotten pulled over once for my tints and thats because I was driving in a neighboorhood in Chi that is drug infested during late night. After the cops saw I was legit they let me go, no ticket no warning.
 09-17-2008, 11:15 AM         #103
Steveo54 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
im not trying to deny that white people have some privileges in this country that minorities do not, but the privileges addressed in this article have to do with the rich, political families of the U.S., not white privileges.

Duba, this sh*t isnt hurting my feelings, its just discouraging that so many people support this article as white privileges while it is really just monetary and political privilege.
 9 years ago '04        #104
sunzoo 
space
space
$1,493 | Props total: 0 0
so most of you that have a problem with the article agree that there is such a thing?

if so, then why are you upset about anything said in the article? in the context of politics and this race specifically, i think it did a good job of showing the contrast and discrepancies in how america as a whole looks at this election

obama got crucified in the media about his religion, about his EX-pastor, and then....it was an important issue to know his faith, they even took it as far as putting put pictures trying to trick people into thinking that his faith was this or that...as soon as people start to question palin's faith and beliefs, it's no longer a pertinent issue to running the country, lets just stick to the real issues now...THAT is the kind of sh1t, that this article is trying to address

there are more pressing issues, concerning white privilege than the ones presented here, but in relation to this race, i don't see how you can really disagree with anything said....do you honestly believe that if the black equivalent bristol's babies daddy was linked to the obama campaign that it would suddenly be off limits? would he be considered your average all american boy, who likes to drink and "shoot sh1t" or a gun toting thug by the masses?

tell the truth...and then analyze the answer, that's just a glimpse of the overall train of thought when it comes to how america in general sees and interacts with minorities, there is sh1t that obama would not be able to get away with as a black man, he's another n1gga walking on egg shells trying his best not to be too aggressive or offend white folks in anyway because even without motive they are already searching for excuses and rationalizations for their prejudice

"i'd never vote for a bean pole! he's too fit!"
 9 years ago '04        #105
sunzoo 
space
space
 Steveo54 said:
im not trying to deny that white people have some privileges in this country that minorities do not, but the privileges addressed in this article have to do with the rich, political families of the U.S., not white privileges.

Duba, this sh*t isnt hurting my feelings, its just discouraging that so many people support this article as white privileges while it is really just monetary and political privilege.
man i think you're really missing the point, all you're seeing is somebody laying the blame at your feet, so you get defensive without actually taking a look at what is being said IMO

yes, political and monetary privilege is involved, but who would you say has the upper hand by overwhelming majority when it comes to political and financial standing?

it's about more than what you're cropping it down to be, it's about perception
 9 years ago '07        #106
vegaspete27k 1 heat pts
space
space
$962 | Props total: 0 0
"The Star Spangled Banner's going on right now and I don't celebrate that s***. I'm black." -Josh Howard. I gives a fu*k about this sh*tty whining a.ss article. Once again blacks are whining and crying. black people go ahead and stay mad, while me and my people prosper
 9 years ago '05        #107
GodzMustBeCrazy 31 heat pts31
space
space
$6,064 | Props total: 706 706
Our country needs to wake up and realize that we are all human... unfortunately, that will probably never happen. This article is very subjective, and all it does is promote further division among our country. People need to wake the fu*k up!!!
 09-17-2008, 12:12 PM         #108
jataylorlfc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GodzMustBeCrazy said:
Our country needs to wake up and realize that we are all human... unfortunately, that will probably never happen. This article is very subjective, and all it does is promote further division among our country. People need to wake the fu*k up!!!
exactly the poor f!ght eachother well the rich count their money.
 9 years ago '04        #109
sunzoo 
space
space
 vegaspete27k said:
"The Star Spangled Banner's going on right now and I don't celebrate that s***. I'm black." -Josh Howard. I gives a fu*k about this sh*tty whining a.ss article. Once again blacks are whining and crying. black people go ahead and stay mad, while me and my people prosper
well at leas you're and honest bigot, i'll give you credit for that, but excuse me for not doing "the wave" when the star spangled banner comes on, they used to hang n1ggas to that song, it's not really my "jam" you know?

GodzMustBeCrazy said:
i'm sure everybody in this country knows that we're humans lol...and as for the article promoting division, what shall we do? be quiet and just hope it goes away? "white privilege" promotes more division between white/black and brown than this article ever will, don't be naive
 9 years ago '05        #110
Blacklock 
space
space
$282 | Props total: 3 3
 Steveo54 said:
i never even said "thats a lie", that was someone else in response to me, please learn to read....ive already stated my sh*t earlier too, and i disagree 100% with you. ANYONE drawing welfare is looked down upon whether they are black/white/mexican etc.

and this article talks about nothing but rich white people with political power...like they represent the entire white population...seriously?
I msread you saying that's a lie, but by you disagreeing, thats still essentially what you are saying. But again, I have nothing to say to you about race relations...you are from the UK. Thus, you have no standing to discuss relations in the US. Discussion over.
 09-17-2008, 12:37 PM         #111
Steveo54 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Blacklock said:
I msread you saying that's a lie, but by you disagreeing, thats still essentially what you are saying. But again, I have nothing to say to you about race relations...you are from the UK. Thus, you have no standing to discuss relations in the US. Discussion over.
wow....you really misread pretty badly...because im not even from the UK either...
 9 years ago '06        #112
DJ Endo 
space
space
$925 | Props total: 68 68
 vegaspete27k said:
Black People are just winning huh?? Well guess what? Tim Wise(the guy who wrote that article) is WHITE. So do the research before you talk racist sh*t... or better yet....

k!ll yourself!!
:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause: :applause::applause:

Last edited by DJ Endo; 09-17-2008 at 12:55 PM..
 09-17-2008, 12:58 PM         #113
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DJ Endo said:
Black People are just winning huh?? Well guess what? Tim Wise(the guy who wrote that article) is WHITE. So do the research before you talk racist sh*t... or better yet....

k!ll yourself!!
Oh word that dudes white?

you basically just k!lled homeboys point about black people whining. Hilarious
 9 years ago '07        #114
vegaspete27k 1 heat pts
space
space
$962 | Props total: 0 0
 DJ Endo said:

k!ll yourself!!
surprised to LEARN this dude is white... but the point remains the same. most blacks are whiners. Why is it that everytime theres an thread in boxden based on racism theres a ton of replies primarily by blacks screaming racism. racism is an excuse for their shortcomings. By the way im not a racist. just real talk
 09-17-2008, 01:16 PM         #115
jataylorlfc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i thought he was quite well known? i knew he was white, but im probably better than most of u anyway
 09-17-2008, 03:07 PM         #116
Steveo54 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jataylorlfc said:
i thought he was quite well known? i knew he was white, but im probably better than most of u anyway
fu*k you, anyone who uses S instead of Z is not better than me
 09-17-2008, 03:22 PM         #117
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 vegaspete27k said:
surprised to LEARN this dude is white... but the point remains the same. most blacks are whiners. Why is it that everytime theres an thread in boxden based on racism theres a ton of replies primarily by blacks screaming racism. racism is an excuse for their shortcomings. By the way im not a racist. just real talk

Racism is an excuse for thier short comings? Seriously, most blacks are whiners? Look Im successful I would like to think in life, no I had no ones help besides my family of course, but no silver spoon or any of daddy's money, just alot of support. I understand getting out there and getting whats yours not based on the strength of being black but on the strength of being a man, or vice versa for a woman.

But let me ask you this, am I not supposed to be offended by blatent racism
that I see against my race? I mean first I have to agree it actually DOES EXIST, and it does, from what I have witnessed first hand. No black man who knows our history in this country and truly understands what it was about and how we were looked at, can pretend that he is not bothered by the leash that this country has had and in many cases still has on us. That has nothing to do with getting your own , that has something to do with games and laws used to specifically delay our race back. Some of these plot are not directed towards us directly it just so happens we are the main ones who are affected, but there are other cases where this is just what it is, age old racism.

The average white american is not connected to a black man, not in the way that they dont deal with them, but in the way that once they go home they are not looking at us through equal eyes, I dont blame them, evening news had some thug on there who is black that has k!lled 2 people that day on every 15 minutes. They see us as dangerous and they see as threatning. And I dont care what you say if you see a group of black males, all young with dreads and white tee's coming down the street in your neighborhood, your first impression is tthey are a menance
 9 years ago '06        #118
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,921 | Props total: 7614 7614
 vegaspete27k said:
Why is it that white people on Boxden are always making racist threads with a ton of replies from white people who act as if racism doesn't exsist? These threads are to help racist white people remove the feeling of guilt from their racist actions.
 09-17-2008, 03:50 PM         #119
Steveo54 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kingme said:
Why is it that white people on Boxden are always making racist threads with a ton of replies from white people who act as if racism doesn't exsist? These threads are to help racist white people remove the feeling of guilt from their racist actions.
i rarely see someone saying racism doesnt exist, i just see replies that say racism doesnt exist in every aspect of every single situation. half the time on boxden you'd think it does.
 9 years ago '06        #120
DJ Endo 
space
space
$925 | Props total: 68 68
 vegaspete27k said:
"Their" shortcomings?? What is it that all black people supposedly lack? Racism doesn't exists?

So you're Saying when white people slaved, tortured and k!lled black people it wasn't because of racism, but because of black people's "shortcomings" ??????

And seriously, what "excuses" can you find in this article??

And then you end the post w/ "i'm not a racist." Which clearly indicates that you believe racist people exist, but you're not one of them. But @ the same time say that racism is an excuse for "their" shortcomings.

GTFO!!!

Last edited by DJ Endo; 09-17-2008 at 04:15 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
46 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
106 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
113 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
124 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
186 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
71 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy