Sep 15 - White Privilege and the 2008 Election

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ayo Cardi B sister tho.....!!!
64 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
97 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
9 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '05        #61
~~S.L.I.M.~~ 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,084 | Props total: 223 223
Good post. . .
 09-16-2008, 05:29 PM         #62
Steveo54 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Blacklock said:
Based on your profile, your from Raleigh just like me...your comments with nothing other than..."That's a lie" leads me to believe that you can't make an argument. I disagree with you 100%, the least you can do is make an argument other than disagreeing with me.
i never even said "thats a lie", that was someone else in response to me, please learn to read....ive already stated my sh*t earlier too, and i disagree 100% with you. ANYONE drawing welfare is looked down upon whether they are black/white/mexican etc.

and this article talks about nothing but rich white people with political power...like they represent the entire white population...seriously?
 09-16-2008, 05:30 PM         #63
Steveo54 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kingme said:
In the midwest black and latino single mothers who draw welfare get looked down upon more so than a white female. Im not knocking the "white race" thats just how it is in the world im living in.

You have to be blind or in neglect not to see white privilege in America. Example of White Privilege: George Bush JR.

I don't know why some white people are scared or embarrassed to admit that there is white privilage in America, maybe its because some of yall feel guilty or are ashamed.
once again, whats that got to do with them being white? its the fact he was the presidents son, rich as hell, already in the spotlight politically just because of his name. thats not white privilege, thats privilege in general
 9 years ago '06        #64
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,916 | Props total: 7614 7614
 Steveo54 said:
once again, whats that got to do with them being white? its the fact he was the presidents son, rich as hell, already in the spotlight politically just because of his name. thats not white privilege, thats privilege in general
Would you say that there are alot more privileged white americans than black, latino, and asains?
 09-16-2008, 05:43 PM         #65
ALLSCREWEDUP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What a absolute load of trash. Anybody who is enlightened by this garbage needs to get off their a.ss and do something. Hell yeah you got an advantage in America if your saltine, but you really think that by sitting around waiting to be offended your gonna get anywhere???

The people who get knocked for welfare and other government program abuse are the family's who for generations have been having multiple children and not attempting to get off their a.ss and make a change. Come to the Twin Cities you'll see what I mean. People flock here from Chicago and Indiana to sign up for that check our liberal politicians keep pumpin up.

White privilege is a reality and there ain't sh*t you can do but work harder to get where you want to be. I highly suggest reading "My Grandfathers Son" by Clarence Thomas if your having a hard time understanding what I'm tryna say.

This article was tough for me to get through because instead of putting reasons the average white person can relate to after each statement he decided to take what could have been a interesting topic and turn it into a political hit piece.

I wouldn't be so quick to think Senator Obama is a shoe in either, he has been slippin hard since Governor Palin jumped in the race.
 9 years ago '07        #66
Kala Babu 
space
space
$2,262 | Props total: 126 126
damn...
 9 years ago '04        #67
erickonasis 20 heat pts20
space
space
$26,884 | Props total: 17427 17427
thread topic is the fu*king truth
 9 years ago '07        #68
carltouss619 8 heat pts
space
space
$9,336 | Props total: 403 403
 Blacklock said:
Wait wait wait...I shouldn't have responded to you... if you are from the UK, I don't think you are qualified to speak on race relations on the US. Sorry, but you just can't understand.
yes indeed pretty much end of discussion right there.

Last edited by carltouss619; 09-16-2008 at 06:31 PM..
 09-16-2008, 07:01 PM         #69
Steveo54 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kingme said:
Would you say that there are alot more privileged white americans than black, latino, and asains?
yeah, i wont argue that...then again, there are alot more white americans in general...and, then again, its only been 50 years since the civil rights movement so of course theres more rich white folks....

once again, this article talking about certain rich white folks being privileged and stereotyping it to the entire white population.... at that
 09-16-2008, 07:48 PM         #70
skittlez86 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
anyone who doesn't agree with this article is an uneducated buffoon. white privilege is everywhere and so is racism. black people need to be paid their reparations, not necessarily by means of cash, but at least better medicare, education, and housing. we living in a nation of apartheid.
 09-16-2008, 07:59 PM         #71
skittlez86 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
another example of white privilege:

Palin advocates abstinence. Her 17 year old daughter gets pregnant by some degenerate who is proud to be a gun-toting redneck. He is accepted into the family (obviously a political move) and then embraced by America. Not only this, but the nation sympathizes with Palin and her daughter's problem.

Try flipping the situation:
Obama's daughter gets impregnated by a "thug." The nation would see this as just another dysfunctional black family. There would be no sympathy. Obama would be looked at as a horrible father and his daughter would be considered as.lut.

One situation breeds sympathy and ultimately puts the republicans back in the presidential race, while the other would completely obliterate the chances for Obama's presidency. If you don't agree this would be the case, then you are naive, and if you don't find this a disturbing case of racism and white privilege, then you are just ignorant
 09-16-2008, 08:21 PM         #72
Steveo54 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 skittlez86 said:
another example of white privilege:

Palin advocates abstinence. Her 17 year old daughter gets pregnant by some degenerate who is proud to be a gun-toting redneck. He is accepted into the family (obviously a political move) and then embraced by America. Not only this, but the nation sympathizes with Palin and her daughter's problem.

Try flipping the situation:
Obama's daughter gets impregnated by a "thug." The nation would see this as just another dysfunctional black family. There would be no sympathy. Obama would be looked at as a horrible father and his daughter would be considered as.lut.

One situation breeds sympathy and ultimately puts the republicans back in the presidential race, while the other would completely obliterate the chances for Obama's presidency. If you don't agree this would be the case, then you are naive, and if you don't find this a disturbing case of racism and white privilege, then you are just ignorant
this would make sense if the nation was actually sympathizing with palin over this, when they are actually questioning how good of a parent she is, why she let her child choose about the baby but doesnt want to allow the rest of the country that option, and questioning whether or not bringing dude into the family is what those kids really want.

the only people defending palin are the republicans that support her....have you seriously not seen all the articles surrounding her daughters pregnancy? does it not portray them as a disfunctional family? you are only seeing what you want to see in the situation
 9 years ago '04        #73
LilEscobar 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,151 | Props total: 224 224
In the words of Chris Rock:

"That's what America is. My dad used to say, 'You can't beat white people at anything, ever. But you can knock 'em out. Like, if you have six and the white guy has five, he wins. If you're black, you can't let it go to the judge's decision, because you're gonna lose no matter how bad you beat this man up."
 09-16-2008, 08:24 PM         #74
skittlez86 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Steveo54 said:
this would make sense if the nation was actually sympathizing with palin over this, when they are actually questioning how good of a parent she is, why she let her child choose about the baby but doesnt want to allow the rest of the country that option, and questioning whether or not bringing dude into the family is what those kids really want.

the only people defending palin are the republicans that support her....have you seriously not seen all the articles surrounding her daughters pregnancy? does it not portray them as a disfunctional family? you are only seeing what you want to see in the situation
since all that info. has leaked, McCain has gone up 5% with the public...
 09-16-2008, 08:36 PM         #75
Steveo54 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 skittlez86 said:
since all that info. has leaked, McCain has gone up 5% with the public...
according to what??? these constantly inaccurate polls?

it doesnt matter, obama/biden are gonna get their chance to debate these clowns and end it there
 9 years ago '05        #76
JaiMega 
space
space
$15,133 | Props total: 18 18
Damn what the fu*k race is always a problem with Americans. Yanks need to chill out.
 09-16-2008, 11:03 PM         #77
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This whole article was dead on

and at people denying white privilege when fu*king George W. Bush is president for TWO terms.

this dude inherited a WHOLE country from his pops

Last edited by REAL_NESS; 09-16-2008 at 11:08 PM..
 09-16-2008, 11:23 PM         #78
SHAKAZOOLUU 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 <<InphDigi>> said:
by Tim Wise

For those who still canít grasp the concept of white privilege, or who are constantly looking for some easy-to-understand examples of it, perhaps this list will help.

White privilege is when you can get pregnant at seventeen like Bristol Palin and everyone is quick to insist that your life and that of your family is a personal matter, and that no one has a right to judge you or your parents, because "every family has challenges," even as black and Latino families with similar "challenges" are regularly typified as irresponsible, pathological and arbiters of social decay.

White privilege is when you can call yourself a "fu*kiní redneck," like Bristol Palinís boyfriend does, and talk about how if anyone messes with you, you'll "kick their fu*kin' a.ss," and talk about how you like to "shoot sh*t" for fun, and still be viewed as a responsible, all-American boy (and a great son-in-law to be) rather than a thug.

White privilege is when you can attend four different colleges in six years like Sarah Palin did (one of which you basically failed out of, then returned to after making up some coursework at a community college), and no one questions your intelligence or commitment to achievement, whereas a person of color who did this would be viewed as unfit for college, and probably someone who only got in in the first place because of affirmative action.

White privilege is when you can claim that being mayor of a town smaller than most medium-sized colleges, and then Governor of a state with about the same number of people as the lower fifth of the island of Manhattan, makes you ready to potentially be president, and people donít all p!ss on themselves with laughter, while being a black U.S. Senator, two-term state Senator, and constitutional law scholar, means youíre "untested."

White privilege is being able to say that you support the words "under God" in the pledge of allegiance because "if it was good enough for the founding fathers, itís good enough for me," and not be immediately disqualified from holding office--since, after all, the pledge was written in the late 1800s and the "under God" part wasnít added until the 1950s--while believing that reading accused criminals and terrorists their rights (because, ya know, the Constitution, which you used to teach at a prestigious law school requires it), is a dangerous and silly idea only supported by mushy liberals.

White privilege is being able to be a gun enthusiast and not make people immediately scared of you. White privilege is being able to have a husband who was a member of an extremist political party that wants your state to secede from the Union, and whose motto was "Alaska first," and no one questions your patriotism or that of your family, while if you're black and your spouse merely fails to come to a 9/11 memorial so she can be home with her kids on the first day of school, people immediately think sheís being disrespectful.

White privilege is being able to make fun of community organizers and the work they do--like, among other things, f!ght for the right of women to vote, or for civil rights, or the 8-hour workday, or an end to child labor--and people think youíre being pithy and tough, but if you merely question the experience of a small town mayor and 18-month governor with no foreign policy expertise beyond a class she took in college--youíre somehow being mean, or even s3xist.

White privilege is being able to convince white women who donít even agree with you on any substantive issue to vote for you and your running mate anyway, because all of a sudden your presence on the ticket has inspired confidence in these same white women, and made them give your party a "second look."

White privilege is being able to fire people who didnít support your political campaigns and not be accused of abusing your power or being a typical politician who engages in favoritism, while being black and merely knowing some folks from the old-line political machines in Chicago means you must be corrupt.

White privilege is being able to attend churches over the years whose pastors say that people who voted for John Kerry or merely criticize George W. Bush are going to hell, and that the U.S. is an explicitly Christian nation and the job of Christians is to bring Christian theological principles into government, and who bring in speakers who say the conflict in the Middle East is Godís punishment on Jews for rejecting Jesus, and everyone can still think youíre just a good church-going Christian, but if youíre black and friends with a black pastor who has noted (as have Colin Powell and the U.S. Department of Defense) that terrorist attacks are often the result of U.S. foreign policy and who talks about the history of racism and its effect on black people, youíre an extremist who probably hates America.

White privilege is not knowing what the Bush Doctrine is when asked by a reporter, and then people get angry at the reporter for asking you such a "trick question," while being black and merely refusing to give one-word answers to the queries of Bill OíReilly means youíre dodging the question, or trying to seem overly intellectual and nuanced.

White privilege is being able to claim your experience as a POW has anything at all to do with your fitness for president, while being black and experiencing racism is, as Sarah Palin has referred to it, a "light" burden.

And finally, white privilege is the only thing that could possibly allow someone to become president when he has voted with George W. Bush 90 percent of the time, even as unemployment is skyrocketing, people are losing their homes, inflation is rising, and the U.S. is increasingly isolated from world opinion, just because white voters arenít sure about that whole "change" thing. Ya know, itís just too vague and ill-defined, unlike, say, four more years of the same, which is very concrete and certain.

White privilege is, in short, the problem.

All i have to say about that is there is no god but Allah and Muhammad is his messenger.

You speak truth, gotta get up on that Alex Jones sh*t

Check youtube for these movies
Alex Jones Endgame
9/11 Truth Rising
FAbled Enemies
Zeitgeist
 09-16-2008, 11:24 PM         #79
Steveo54 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 REAL_NESS said:
This whole article was dead on

and at people denying white privilege when fu*king George W. Bush is president for TWO terms.

this dude inherited a WHOLE country from his pops
explain how that is white privilege....lets, for instance, think about hundreds of years ago, in say, china, there was a "Ti" dynasty. everytime a Ti died, their son took over. Back then, it was just because they were a royal family.

It is similar in america...they are already in the political spotlight, they are rich, can afford campaigns and are already nationally known...its just easier for them to get into the white house....therefore, they are priveleged to becoming political leaders based on their predecessor.

i dont really know why i bother with some of yall, youre not even thinking....
 09-16-2008, 11:29 PM         #80
magatsu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 LilEscobar said:
In the words of Chris Rock:

"That's what America is. My dad used to say, 'You can't beat white people at anything, ever. But you can knock 'em out. Like, if you have six and the white guy has five, he wins. If you're black, you can't let it go to the judge's decision, because you're gonna lose no matter how bad you beat this man up."
Thats that real sh*t from The Black List Volume One. True words.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
111 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteveís thread
227 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now