Start/Sit Em', trade advice, ask.

most viewed right now
Article inside TaxStone Currently being Arraigned Indictment Unsealed this Afternoon
222 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jan 17 - ‘Ice cream killer’ is so dangerous, she’s headed to a men’s p..
52 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside What tribe is she from? Who's this??
48 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Prosecuters Are Also Using Taxstone's Statements Made In His Podcast A..
102 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '08        #1481
Illuminati 154 heat pts154
space
space
$35,623 | Props total: 3675 3675
thats actually a hard question JJ's always stepped up when given the opportunity but Damian Williams has a favourable match up as well.

I know I'll regret saying this but James Jones. He isn't going to see a whole lot more target wise but he should be on the field in the 4th quarter with the best QB (arguably) throwing to him in a pass oriented offence. The opportunity to produce is simply higher in GB.

James Jones man.

Burts the man

Last edited by Illuminati; 12-16-2011 at 01:04 PM..
 5 years ago '06        #1482
philly337 18 heat pts18
space
space
$26,417 | Props total: 4137 4137
 philly337 said:
Man I'm pissed off

Right after I posted that romo overthrew an easy pass to Austin that would have won my game

romo his Austin on that play I win

Dez doesn't catch that bomb I win

I start Julio I win

None if the above happened
Well if romo woulda completed that pass (or I started Julio) id be $800 richer because the guys I would have been matched up with the past two Weeks I would have outscored

bullsh*t!!!!
 5 years ago '11        #1483
PotheadFocker 165 heat pts165
space
space
$31,162 | Props total: 3064 3064

[pic - click to view]

Heres my lineup... I have a couple questions....

Do you really think Mathews and Floyd will get 34 points combined?
I don't feel good about starting them both.

Will Green Bay be resting players at halftime making Jordy a no-go?

How do you think The Lions (Burleson in particular) will do against Green Bay?

Do you think Bradshaw will get somewhere around 15 points against the Cowboys?

Will Brady play enough to warrant a start?
 5 years ago '08        #1484
space
space
Good job propping me or else I would have missed your post. I'll get back to you ASAP
 5 years ago '08        #1485
space
space
 PotheadFocker said:

[pic - click to view]

Heres my lineup... I have a couple questions....

Do you really think Mathews and Floyd will get 34 points combined?
I don't feel good about starting them both.

Will Green Bay be resting players at halftime making Jordy a no-go?

How do you think The Lions (Burleson in particular) will do against Green Bay?

Do you think Bradshaw will get somewhere around 15 points against the Cowboys?

Will Brady play enough to warrant a start?

Mathews+Floyd should net you 34 points. They both have favorable match ups especially Floyd with Vjaxs injury. Rivers should look his way a lot more.

Brady is worth a start

+/- a couple of points Bradshaw should be able to get you 15 pts against a rather defeated Cowboys defense as of late

I wouldn't bank on Jordy so no

The Lions game matters and if the defense zones in on CJ as they have the 2nd half of the season Burlesons a solid WR2-3 play.
 5 years ago '11        #1486
PotheadFocker 165 heat pts165
space
space
$31,162 | Props total: 3064 3064
Excellent post man I'd prop you again if i could :applause:
 4 years ago '04        #1487
.Mase Da Rula.|M 1 heat pts
space
space
$25,441 | Props total: 62 62
Is it too early to be asking for advice?

I just want a second opinion thats all

I am in several leagues and in one of them I had the unfortunate opportunity to draft RG3... is he worth starting week one.. and should I start him over the veteran Matt Cassel.. who is projected 2 points below him..?

its 16.34 to 14.32.. is it worth the risk?
 4 years ago '06        #1488
philly337 18 heat pts18
space
space
Just did my draft today....drafted mathews and shaub as trade bait for a better te/wr but might just keep them and plug them in on my bye weeks...not sure....12 man league

Starters

Qb - Romo
Rb - Peterson
Rb - Jones-Drew
Wr - Dez Bryant
Wr - Torrey Smith
Te - Tamme
K - Akers
Def - 49ers

Bench

Qb - Shaub
Rb - Mathews
Rb - Gerhart
Wr - Malcolm Floyd
Wr - Jeffrey
Wr - Mccluster
Te - Heath Miller
K - Keading
Def - Denver
 4 years ago '05        #1489
white-chocolate 117 heat pts117
space
space
$14,859 | Props total: 723 723
^^
i'd save Matthews or trade for a less injury prone RB cuz Peterson isn't much better as an option
haha and you have MJD too.. atleast they will only hurt ur first 2 weeks
 4 years ago '08        #1490
space
space
Absolutely sorry, I haven't been around too much. 1 sec.
 4 years ago '08        #1491
space
space
 .Mase Da Rula. said:
Is it too early to be asking for advice?

I just want a second opinion thats all

I am in several leagues and in one of them I had the unfortunate opportunity to draft RG3... is he worth starting week one.. and should I start him over the veteran Matt Cassel.. who is projected 2 points below him..?

its 16.34 to 14.32.. is it worth the risk?
I would def. opt with RG3 over Cassel agains the Saints shaky D. Do it!

philly337 said:
Just did my draft today....drafted mathews and shaub as trade bait for a better te/wr but might just keep them and plug them in on my bye weeks...not sure....12 man league

Starters

Qb - Romo
Rb - Peterson
Rb - Jones-Drew
Wr - Dez Bryant
Wr - Torrey Smith
Te - Tamme
K - Akers
Def - 49ers

Bench

Qb - Shaub
Rb - Mathews
Rb - Gerhart
Wr - Malcolm Floyd
Wr - Jeffrey
Wr - Mccluster
Te - Heath Miller
K - Keading
Def - Denver
I would absolutely latch on to both for the long haul. Before seasons end, Mathews will probably end up being your sure fire RB#1. How many teams are in your league and is it PPR?

You can use an upgrade @ TE but outside of that, I'm a huge fan of your team if it's a 12 team league. I wouldn't actively look to dump your RBs because you have the depth to plug them in and out as you see fit through a variety of situational match ups, but from a value stand point you'd be best served seeing what you can get for MJD because he's a household commodity. I think you'll see a drop off in his fantasy production this year but that's just me though.

Last edited by Illuminati; 09-05-2012 at 06:26 AM..
 4 years ago '06        #1492
philly337 18 heat pts18
space
space
 Illuminati said:
I would def. opt with RG3 over Cassel agains the Saints shaky D. Do it!

I would absolutely latch on to both for the long haul. Before seasons end, Mathews will probably end up being your sure fire RB#1. How many teams are in your league and is it PPR?

You can use an upgrade @ TE but outside of that, I'm a huge fan of your team if it's a 12 team league. I wouldn't actively look to dump your RBs because you have the depth to plug them in and out as you see fit through a variety of situational match ups, but from a value stand point you'd be best served seeing what you can get for MJD because he's a household commodity. I think you'll see a drop off in his fantasy production this year but that's just me though.
its 12 team ppr

Yea I feel the same about Matthews and was thinking mjd might take a hit ( could split some carries plus pass more) and ad also coming off that injury. But yea I've pretty much made up my mind to keep my team as is just worried about this week since 3 of my 4 rbs will barley play or not play at all...transactions are $10 a piece after ur first 5 so not sure if I want to waste a transaction but if i do debating on who to pick up....

Only 3 really out there is turbin ( Duno if lynch is playing), mcclain (Duno what action he'll see if Matthews is out), royster( Duno who's getting carries in Washington)

Last if i do pick somebody up and all my rbs play I have to drop somebody which would be mccluster and I want to see if he could be an ok producer now that he's strictly wideout

Worst scneario is my rbs play in limited roles...need one ruled out before game start Sunday so i can throw one on ir and scoop up one of the 3 I mentioned
 4 years ago '08        #1493
space
space
I feel you. Ill compile a list of players you should target and hit you with a reply after class.
 4 years ago '08        #1494
space
space
McClain - Ronnie Brown will be the man until Mathews returns imo
Turbin - Out of him and Royster I'd side with Turbin and that's mainly because the Redskins running game is too unpredictable. If Turbin does get the nod on Sunday I figure he'd bare the brunt of the load where with Royster, he still may be in a timeshare situation with Helu and everyone else they have buried in their RB depth chart.

Your RB situation is kind of messy, but you have the type of backfield that has the potential to single handedly thrust you to the playoffs in a perfect world. AP is a total wildcard while MJD should still be a top 10 fantasy caliber back, just not of the same magnitude compared to last year.

I agree with you on taking a wait and see approach with your team for at least a couple of weeks. In the mean time you're pretty well rounded from top to bottom barring any unforeseen injuries+flops.

Turbin would be my guy but the news of Lynchs condition may rule out one of the other rbs in case Lynch starts.

Last edited by Illuminati; 09-05-2012 at 07:16 PM..
 4 years ago '05        #1495
slanger55 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,344 | Props total: 301 301
whats up playa

1 - 0 STRK: 1 w in a row WIN PCT: 100% 244 (-95) 
  Career: | Aug 16: 1-0, Rank #370 | Aug 10: 20-13, Rank #201 | Aug 09: 11-8, Rank #180 | Aug 08: 16-14, Rank #565 *
 4 years ago '06        #1496
philly337 18 heat pts18
space
space
 Illuminati said:
McClain - Ronnie Brown will be the man until Mathews returns imo
Turbin - Out of him and Royster I'd side with Turbin and that's mainly because the Redskins running game is too unpredictable. If Turbin does get the nod on Sunday I figure he'd bare the brunt of the load where with Royster, he still may be in a timeshare situation with Helu and everyone else they have buried in their RB depth chart.

Your RB situation is kind of messy, but you have the type of backfield that has the potential to single handedly thrust you to the playoffs in a perfect world. AP is a total wildcard while MJD should still be a top 10 fantasy caliber back, just not of the same magnitude compared to last year.

I agree with you on taking a wait and see approach with your team for at least a couple of weeks. In the mean time you're pretty well rounded from top to bottom barring any unforeseen injuries+flops.

Turbin would be my guy but the news of Lynchs condition may rule out one of the other rbs in case Lynch starts.
I'm pretty much on the same page

Two other rbs I was looking at are bilal and ballard.....I seen a projection had bilal getting 15 carries

I'm thinking both only get a few touches but maybe they know something I don't
 4 years ago '06        #1497
philly337 18 heat pts18
space
space
Damn Duno what to do....have torey smith in vs Cincinnati but thinking maybe Malcolm Floyd against oakland
 4 years ago '08        #1498
space
space
 slanger55 said:
whats up playa
My man whats happening.

philly337 said:
I'm pretty much on the same page

Two other rbs I was looking at are bilal and ballard.....I seen a projection had bilal getting 15 carries

I'm thinking both only get a few touches but maybe they know something I don't
15 fu*king carries? I wouldn't count on either back doing anything in the first week. They're both quality adds and stashes with Ballard having the upper side.

philly337 said:
Damn Duno what to do....have torey smith in vs Cincinnati but thinking maybe Malcolm Floyd against oakland
I'd go with Smith. Vincent Brown+Meachem are probably going to be Rivers go to targets. I've been burned by Floyd too many times and to add on to that, Vincent Brown just came off a terrific preseason showing the most chemistry with Rivers.
 4 years ago '06        #1499
revolution03 
space
space
$2,977 | Props total: 1 1
Alright i got the flex option open right now since mathews can't go.

Santonio Holmes, Torrey Smith, or Kendall Wright? (Barring picking up Ronnie Brown by then)
 4 years ago '06        #1500
philly337 18 heat pts18
space
space
sh*t looks like Lynch is playing

Either pick up royster or play peterson or mjd

Just saw a report saying they want to give Peterson 10-15 carries....can play gerhart and ap and hope the combine for a decent amount

Last edited by philly337; 09-08-2012 at 10:13 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Overused Lines In Hip-Hop You Don't Want To Hear Anymore...
184 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Battle of the thickness DJ Duffey Vs DJ NIENA Drake OhhMannGoddDamm
16 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The REAL Chun Li
50 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Find an IT Job Where You Can Work Remotely
39 comments
19 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jan 16 - breaking: Cnn to release new trump tape 48 hours before inaug..
247 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This is why you don't take these h0es seriously
130 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside This is why TAX STONE indictment will include MURDER
280 comments
19 hours ago