Start/Sit Em', trade advice, ask.

most viewed right now
Anybody got stories of getting a gun pulled on em or getting robbed?
53 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
McDouble is 'cheapest and most nutritious food in human history'
89 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Jalen Rose my dude hate it had to be him
179 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Holding Lavar's Ball's
62 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #181
sk8erongrass 
space
space
$126 | Props total: 11 11
wes welker or muhsin muhhamed? welker gets alot of receptions but muhsin has a better chance at a td and gets yards.
 8 years ago '08        #182
Illuminati 161 heat pts161 OP
space
space
$36,314 | Props total: 4746 4746
 EsCaLaDe07 said:
What should i do with my team? Im really trade happy right now. Keep in mind i had lost both brady and mendenhall to injuries, and i traded away larry johnsons bum a.ss.

QB - Aaron Rodgers
WR - Torry Holt
WR - Wes Welker
WR - Donald Driver
RB - Ronnie Brown
RB - Jonathan Stewart
W/R - Warrick Dunn
TE - Mercedes Lewis
DEF - Pittsburgh

BN - Anthony Gonzales
BN - Chester Taylor
BN - Jerious Norwood
BN - Matt Ryan
BN - Jeremy Shockey
BN - Robert Meachem
BN - San Diego
Your record? You've got a really weak receiving core, fantasy wise. Welker will get his share of touches and rack up his chunks of yard, but I don't see him as an end zone threat. Same thing applies to Driver. Tory Holt is a WR2 at best, borderline WR1.

I'd package Matt Ryan+Jonathon Stewart for Marshyn Lynch or a player of his caliber. I'd also trade Ryan+Stewart for Maurice Jones Drew, Bush, Gore.
Warrick Dunn+Tony Gonzalez for Hines Ward. Get creative, if you need some help thinking up a trade give me someone your interested in trading with and post his roster.

You need a consistent RB2, a sure fire WR1 and WR2. Steve Smith could be in your range.
 8 years ago '08        #183
space
space
 NYCNYCNYC said:
I was thinking of starting slaton only cuz i have schab this week as my qb cuz warner is on bye..so i could get either one having big games...LT did say the toe is better and I'll be at the game in buffalo...
Man, you're lucky. I'm dying to see the Bills play in person. I'd take LT and keep tabs on his fantasy production throughout the game, if he doesn't wind up in the End Zone I'd start yelling :

MY FANTASY TEAM IS DEPENDING ON YOU LT!

I always wanted to do that lol. I read a story similar to that happening with a Gilbert Arenas owner and he happily obliged.

Adam, Willis McGahee isn't on the teams week 7 injury report. I doubt Rice scratches 10 carries.

Sk8er? Is it a PPR league? *Point per reception? If so, Welker. If not, Mushin. l
 8 years ago '04        #184
EsCaLaDe07 
space
space
$2,046 | Props total: 0 0
 Illuminati said:
Your record? You've got a really weak receiving core, fantasy wise. Welker will get his share of touches and rack up his chunks of yard, but I don't see him as an end zone threat. Same thing applies to Driver. Tory Holt is a WR2 at best, borderline WR1.

I'd package Matt Ryan+Jonathon Stewart for Marshyn Lynch or a player of his caliber. I'd also trade Ryan+Stewart for Maurice Jones Drew, Bush, Gore.
Warrick Dunn+Tony Gonzalez for Hines Ward. Get creative, if you need some help thinking up a trade give me someone your interested in trading with and post his roster.

You need a consistent RB2, a sure fire WR1 and WR2. Steve Smith could be in your range.
im a struggling 2-4 right now but i should be 3-3 considering one week i lost by 5 points and i had the second highest score for the week :banghead:

my problem is my league doesnt understand what a fair trade is and likes to overvalue their players. im thinking maybe enticing them rodgers and offering maybe rodgers/stewart/driver for schaub/lynch/ocho cinco. am i getting enough value with that trade?
 8 years ago '08        #185
space
space
You don't want to acquire anyone from Cincy. How about targeting Roddy White?

Your scoring settings?
 8 years ago '05        #186
BigL4Life 
space
space
$3,962 | Props total: 6 6
 EsCaLaDe07 said:
What should i do with my team? Im really trade happy right now. Keep in mind i had lost both brady and mendenhall to injuries, and i traded away larry johnsons bum a.ss.

QB - Aaron Rodgers
WR - Torry Holt
WR - Wes Welker
WR - Donald Driver
RB - Ronnie Brown
RB - Jonathan Stewart
W/R - Warrick Dunn
TE - Mercedes Lewis
DEF - Pittsburgh

BN - Anthony Gonzales
BN - Chester Taylor
BN - Jerious Norwood
BN - Matt Ryan
BN - Jeremy Shockey
BN - Robert Meachem
BN - San Diego
if i were u if pick up either bo scaife as the tight end bc the titans and collins are very TE friendly with no recievers, or take who i took, and that would be owen daniels... his numbers are always nice... both should be better then mercedes and both should still be available for you
 8 years ago '04        #187
cali22buck 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,376 | Props total: 42 42
My Team:

Eli Manning
Adrian Peterson
Marion Barber
Michael Pittman
Brandon Marshall
Calvin Johnson
Dallas Clark
Bucs D/ST
John Kasay

Bench:
Hines Ward
Housh
W Dunn
Driver
C Chambers

Start Calvin against the Texans or Hines against the Bengals?
 8 years ago '08        #188
space
space
BigL brings up a good point, Owens Daniels escaped my mind seeing as how I also have him play TE for all of my respective fantasy teams.

Def. Hines Ward
 8 years ago '04        #189
sk8erongrass 
space
space
ya it is ppr i also have calvin and jerricho in so i guess ill go with

welker
calvin
cotch
 8 years ago '04        #190
NYCNYCNYC 
space
space
$14,444 | Props total: 237 237
ok Ill...i need your input..playing the #1 guy this week..gott to beat him to move into 1st

Kurt warner vs carolina or Schaub vs Cinn

Reggie Wayne, Coles, Wes WElker or Chad Johnson...Pick 3

RB is the big issue..LT vs NO, Portis vs Det....Slaton vs Cinn or Ronnie Brown vs Buffalo...was thinking Portis and Slaton...what u think?
 8 years ago '05        #191
Mysteryman 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,151 | Props total: 532 532
Alright for my 3rd RB I am starting I gotta choose between

Lendale White @ IND
Julius Jones @ SF

Now I know White is coming off a big week but Colts Def is much better then KC so I dont expect a big week.

On the other hand Jones is going against SF who do not have a good DEF but Jones has been underwhelming this year so im not sure who to start here.
 8 years ago '08        #192
space
space
I'll get to these after the MLB game.
 8 years ago '05        #193
Cee4our 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,823 | Props total: 42 42
I need help with my WR picks for week 8. I have Desean Jackson and Kevin Curtis (home against the falcons), Marvin Harrison (@ titans), Issac Bruce (home against seahawks) and Derrick Mason (home against raiders)

This is Curtis's first week back and he's project to start along side Jackson, Harrison and the Colts are so inconsistent, but if they're on he can put up huge numbers. Issac Bruce catches touchdowns, he's proven to be a target in the redzone, and down the field for the 49ers...only thing is they're playing like sh*t. Finally Derrick Mason is off and on, put up 100+ last week and a TD...so I'm really up in the air who gets the starts (I have 3 WR slots)
 8 years ago '08        #194
space
space
 NYCNYCNYC said:
ok Ill...i need your input..playing the #1 guy this week..gott to beat him to move into 1st

Kurt warner vs carolina or Schaub vs Cinn

Reggie Wayne, Coles, Wes WElker or Chad Johnson...Pick 3

RB is the big issue..LT vs NO, Portis vs Det....Slaton vs Cinn or Ronnie Brown vs Buffalo...was thinking Portis and Slaton...what u think?
Definitely Matt Schaub, as he's a top 5 QB fantasy play going into this week imo.

I'm expecting a 250 yard, 3 TD, 1 INT game from Schaub.

Reggie Wayne
Chad Johnson
Wes Welker

The likelihood of Coles playing is small (Concussion)

RBs:

Clinton Portis

This is a hard decision lol. It's between LT and Slaton, Buff's run defense isn't too shabby and should limit Ronnie Brown from having a 90+ yard night. I have a gut feeling LT does tears the NO Saints a new a**hole but Slaton is the safer pick.

Portis
Slaton

Mysteryman, Lendale White. One reason and reason only, goal-line carries. TD's outweigh total yardage in most leagues, Jones sideline rant might have costed him a few carries. White for sure.

Cee,

Mason - He's a borderline WR2 in PPR leagues
Marvin Harrison - Curtis is just coming back and wouldn't take my chances on having him come out with a dud. Remember what happened to Colston? I'm iffy on starting dudes who've just come back from an injury. Marvin can go.
D.Jackson - Could play some slot but is the safer pick
 8 years ago '04        #195
sk8erongrass 
space
space
are any of you starting calvin johnson or cotchery. i have both on my bench and wanted to hear ur input
 8 years ago '05        #196
Mysteryman 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,151 | Props total: 532 532
Alright thanks for the info and I was just offered this trade today of

Lendale White
Julius Jones

for

Michael Turner

I would be receiving Turner, is this a good trade or is Turner not worth 2 players?
 8 years ago '08        #197
space
space
 sk8erongrass said:
are any of you starting calvin johnson or cotchery. i have both on my bench and wanted to hear ur input
I'm not sure Cotchery is even playing, I'd start Calvin just to be cautious.

Turner's not worth two players, he's a good start against sh*tty-average run defenses but bench worthy against teams who can stop the run. I'd keep on to Lendale/Julius and look to acquire Marshawn Lynch instead. Lendale's a good player, I'd keep on to him unless you don't like him for whatever reason.

Last edited by Illuminati; 10-24-2008 at 02:10 PM..
 8 years ago '04        #198
EsCaLaDe07 
space
space
$2,046 | Props total: 0 0
warrick dunn or ricky williams. who should i start in the flex this week?
 8 years ago '08        #199
space
space
Have you got anyone else? Ricky Williams I guess. Unhealthy Warrick Dun isn't worth a flex play.
 8 years ago '08        #200
space
space
Boldins active, Cotch is active, Coles is active.
Home      

most viewed right now
One of my new favorites....
33 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
If you'd smash how many times would you do so?
77 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
So since FOX watches Boxden...
60 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside site has cool vintage tees to wear under your denim jacket this spring
102 comments
18 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
I said it must be the ass 'cause it ain't ya face.
55 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Avengers react to Justice League trailer
26 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Mar 26 - Muslim Ban? Terrorist Who Killed Man In NYC Was Practicing Fo..
63 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Mar 26 - Melania Trump refuses to sleep in the same bed as her husband
83 comments
19 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy