Ne-Yo - "Year Of The Gentlemen" (2008)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
201 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
248 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
142 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
88 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

What Do You Think Of The New Album?
Trash 5 6.41%
Wack 0 0%
Okay 9 11.54%
Pretty Good 19 24.36%
Great 28 35.90%
Fire 17 21.79%
Voters: 78. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '07        #1
7400 pageviews
60 comments

Verse 71 heat pts71
space
space
$16,577 | Props total: 5262 5262
Ne-Yo - "Year Of The Gentleman" (2008)

[pic - click to view]

01. Closer
02. Nobody
03. Single
04. Mad
05. Miss Independent
06. Why Does She Stay
07. Fade Into The Background
08. So You Can Cry
09. Part Of The List
10. Back To What You Know
11. Lie To Me
12. Stop This World

Last edited by Verse; 02-05-2009 at 07:31 PM..

60 comments for "Ne-Yo - "Year Of The Gentlemen" (2008)"

9 years ago '07        #2
Pos 90 heat pts90
space
space
$9,617 | Props total: 5471 5471
some dope joints on here, i'm on "Mad" right now, great song
 9 years ago '04        #3
JSkeezy 
space
space
$168 | Props total: 0 0
This is a good a.ss cd. Better than his last one i feel but nothing on In His Own Words (but close as hell)
 9 years ago '07        #4
Verse 71 heat pts71 OP
space
space
$16,577 | Props total: 5262 5262
 JSkeezy said:
This is a good a.ss cd. Better than his last one i feel but nothing on In His Own Words (but close as hell)
I feel the same, It's better than "Because Of You" but not as good as his first.
"Fade Into The Background" is my Favorite Joint so far. It kinda has an old Funk/Jazz type of vibe to it.
 9 years ago '04        #5
datniggabstyle 
space
space
$329 | Props total: 12 12
CD is very solid but nothing spectacular. A very safe album from Ne-Yo. He stayed in his lane. Every track has appeal and is listenable. Im reluctant to say this is better than his last one, because it lacks stand out tracks. But nonetheless its more of the same from Neyo. If your a fan of his, you have no choice to love it. Dope CD for R&B Heads.
 9 years ago '07        #6
mrfreak76 700 heat pts700
space
space
$7,148 | Props total: 1365 1365
Why share a track with NKOTB, that does not make sense? There are a lot of tracks that leaked that are not on this album or bonus tracks, weak.

3/5
 9 years ago '05        #7
klew 227 heat pts227
space
space
$9,281 | Props total: 782 782
I thought "yours" was a song off this album?
 9 years ago '04        #8
datniggabstyle 
space
space
 mrfreak76 said:
Why share a track with NKOTB, that does not make sense? There are a lot of tracks that leaked that are not on this album or bonus tracks, weak.

3/5

NKOTB isnt even on this version. Im not sure if you listened to the CD. That song is fire, and perhaps there are people that wouldnt want to listen to with NKOTB on it. Neyo did the right thing. Maybe he shouldnt have featured it on the album at track 3, but it was coo to make the album, and its different from the released version.
 09-09-2008, 05:28 PM         #9
Mcmasterlock 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Downloading it now,tell yall what I think a lil later
 9 years ago '04        #10
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,808 | Props total: 1470 1470
Nothing on the first ne yo album alot better then the second album, beats are mad crazy, there really different and unique, I didn't like 4 tracks of out 12 thats a pretty solid album .... ne yo came alot different on this cd then other cd you have to get into his new kind of zone .... :dancingcool:

overall: 3.5/5 pretty good album :applause:
lyrics: 4/5 pretty ill lyrics like always
production: 4.5/5 pretty solid :agreement6:

Last edited by egotistical; 09-09-2008 at 06:15 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #11
JSkeezy 
space
space
$168 | Props total: 0 0
 datn*ggabstyle said:
CD is very solid but nothing spectacular. A very safe album from Ne-Yo. He stayed in his lane. Every track has appeal and is listenable. Im reluctant to say this is better than his last one, because it lacks stand out tracks. But nonetheless its more of the same from Neyo. If your a fan of his, you have no choice to love it. Dope CD for R&B Heads.
I think that might be the downfall, he leaves you hanging. I think this grows on to you like the Usher cd. You listen to it once, sounds good, listen to it again and it gets better and better.
 9 years ago '07        #12
mrfreak76 700 heat pts700
space
space
$7,148 | Props total: 1365 1365
 datn*ggabstyle said:
NKOTB isnt even on this version. Im not sure if you listened to the CD. That song is fire, and perhaps there are people that wouldnt want to listen to with NKOTB on it. Neyo did the right thing. Maybe he shouldnt have featured it on the album at track 3, but it was coo to make the album, and its different from the released version.
No I was saying why even put the same track even if NKOTB is not on there. To me this is a waste of track, make it a remix or a bonus track not featured. I mean he could of put, "Yours" "That's What I'm Talking About" "Ghetto love Story", etc.

This album was way to safe and not that good :(
 9 years ago '04        #13
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,808 | Props total: 1470 1470
 JSkeezy said:
I think that might be the downfall, he leaves you hanging. I think this grows on to you like the Usher cd. You listen to it once, sounds good, listen to it again and it gets better and better.
this is alot of yall n*ggas problems yall judge cds too fast ... listen to lyrics, beats, let it flow and listen to it a few times before you make a clear judgement .... n*ggas listen to 30 sec of the Usher and said it was aight or crap and then a few days later they talking about man that cd is tight or i didn't know about that track .... its because you didn't fu*king listen
 9 years ago '04        #14
DaKidB.A.N.K.$ 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,187 | Props total: 3 3
 egotistical said:
this is alot of yall n*ggas problems yall judge cds too fast ... listen to lyrics, beats, let it flow and listen to it a few times before you make a clear judgement .... n*ggas listen to 30 sec of the Usher and said it was aight or crap and then a few days later they talking about man that cd is tight or i didn't know about that track .... its because you didn't fu*king listen
agreed..on a cd i listen to it..once just to say i heard it and the 2nd time u actual listen to everything then u can actually judge it..sometimes it might even take a third time..im boutta check this cd out again..i only listened to it once..so imma check it out again..

Last edited by DaKidB.A.N.K.$; 09-09-2008 at 07:45 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #15
datniggabstyle 
space
space
 egotistical said:
I agree, both this shiit and Usher Cd is quality music. You just gotta let it marinate. Not everything is going to hit you upside the head the first time you hear it. Alot of people want that instant gratification and it just dont work that way. Usher CD was very good and niiggaz hated on it for no good reason (because it was not confessions) I went in thinkin that Usher already made that album so why am i going to expect that same thing. I was pleased with Usher sh*t and Neyos cd is right there with it.
 09-09-2008, 08:51 PM         #16
chan.bath 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol at marinate
 9 years ago '05        #17
LuDerCriS 
space
space
$832 | Props total: 0 0
Lie to me, fade to the background, single OF COURSE Polow did his thing on that production....are all brain dead singles....In my words is a far album for him to reach i see
 9 years ago '04        #18
Gmitch528 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,107 | Props total: 170 170
i think its a hot cd... that song single, im really feelin that... still not as good as his first.... but that cd still better than a lot of sh*t droppin today, so....
 9 years ago '05        #19
jsilerio 88 heat pts88
space
space
$12,676 | Props total: 23334 23334
I like the cd, but like somebody already said it seemed like he played it safe with this one. He still makes good music nonetheless. Best track on YOTG for me is "Stop this World". That make me wanna go find that special girl asap...
 9 years ago '05        #20
igotjshoe 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,661 | Props total: 36 36
This album is hot but i have a lot of tracks that were leaked that should have made the cut but oh well
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
61 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
71 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
44 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
55 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
144 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Landlord Accused Of Masturbating On Tenant's Clothes When She Wasn't H..
22 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
79 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
42 comments
19 hours ago