Roy Jones Jr. vs Joe Calzaghe [HBO-PPV][11-8-08]

most viewed right now
 126
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
117 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 96
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 60
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
42 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 57
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
57 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Winner...
Roy Jones Jr 9 64.29%
Joe Calzaghe 5 35.71%
Voters: 14. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 9 years ago '06        #101
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
avatar space
space
$28,945 | Props total: 10597 10597
 unkle said:
I stand corrected. Jones went home after the 3rd round.

But when Joe got knocked down in the first, did you think of this thread???
haha that's what i was thinkin when it happen...although it was a forearm i knew jones had the power to really hurt joe.Nobody has ever really been able to take flush shots from roy and stay in there except for ruiz who is a heavyweight...roy let him off the hook..and way more then hopkins.Hopkins was a flash knockdown and roy actually had him dazed
 11-09-2008, 10:47 AM         #102
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 unkle said:
I stand corrected. Jones went home after the 3rd round.

But when Joe got knocked down in the first, did you think of this thread???
No. I thought of the 35 i was going to win after putting a fiver on Joe to get knocked down and come back to win.:agreement6:
 11-09-2008, 10:55 AM         #103
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 philly337 said:
^^^^went pretty much exactly how i thought'd it go.last night was asad moment for me and i lost a little respect for roy.Because since he's been losing i've been attributing it to weight or age or him just being scared...but now i'm almost positive it's all mental.Sure he has slowed a little and his reflexes and lefs are not what they're used to but he still has enough talent in him to beat a lot of top guy if he would just let his damn hands go.In the first round and a half he had joe lookin like a sparring partner...but i told everybody i was watchin with don't get too excited because he was still lookin a little scared to throw.Beefore the knockdown he wasn't really throwin and then the end of the second.He was faster then joe and that's where joe beats his opponents....everybody i watched it with thought it was rigged because calzaghe was puttin his face in front of jones and istead of ripping with his signature left hook he'd just tap him with a little right hand....bu i knew he was just gunshy

i dn't like sayint his because i don't wanna take nothin from joe....but when u look at the hopkins f!ght it's debateable if hopkins just had a bad night or joe made him have a bad night.As for jones i know 100% jones handin him this f!ght and would have walked right through him if he threw some punches...and in heir prime...no contest

i think roy needs to retire..love boxing or not if ur not going to throw punches when u get in there it's time to go cause that's how he's gonna get hurt

asfor joe i know he said he needs to retire but i think he should stick around for 2-3 more f!ghts.Right now he has my respect but he still hasn't beaten a world class f!ghter in their prime.If he stays and f!ghts chad dawson and maybe winky it would do a lot for his legacy.Winky hasn't looked good but wouldn't say he's washed up....just think he hasn't looked good and dawson could deal to good with the pressure johnson put on him so joe would prolly be more difficult
Hopkins had the best night he probably could have. In my opinion. He dominated the way in which the f!ght went, and forced Calzaghe into f!ghting how he wanted him to f!ght.

Which is credit to Hopkins. But that was the best result he could have pulled. The man IS washed up, so that's not to take anything away from a prime Hopkins. Don't let a victory over an overhyped kid taint your vision.

I agree though. Jones really wasn't throwing. Maybe he lacked the self belief? Maybe he was cautious of getting into a tear up... But it was absolutely ridiculous at times the way he stood there while Calzaghe was playing peek-a-boo through his guard!

I felt bad for Roy a little to be honest. He was basically bullied. The showboating by Joe was completely excessive, although humourous.

I'd like Joe to stay on and f!ght too. Get this Dawson pretender out of the way. Maybe a rematch with Hopkins. Simply on the basis of the fact alot of people won't accept he lost, and he's hyped up again now he beat Pav, regardless of the fact it'd be a boring f!ght.

I don't know who else he can f!ght. Genuinely right now i don't see many realistic contenders. Whoever the boxing world calls for i guess.
 11-09-2008, 10:56 AM         #104
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ill800 said:
believe me, you didnt miss anything. the only eventful moment was when roy got lucky and clubbed joe with a forearm to the bridge of the nose. other than that it was a snooze fest. i struggled to keep my eyes open. i think they are going to dig up the bones of rocky marciano to f!ght ali next.
A snooze fest? What f!ght did you watch.

It was highly entertaining.
 9 years ago '07        #105
Welsh! 
space
avatar space
space
$5,541 | Props total: 39 39
I won 287.50 last night, my Grandad died a few hours before the f!ght so I didnt enjoy it as much as I could have.

f!ght was great though, I was angry at how c*cky Calzaghe was with his showboating I was worried he would drop his gloves and RJJ just hit him and knock Joe down again.

Another reason why I didn't like the showboating is because Calzaghe just proved to all the doubters that this f!ght has done nothing for his rep in America, his showboating showed that RJJ was no threat to Cal.

Cal should retire now though, I've been a Zaghe fan ever since I started being a boxing fan, and although I would miss his f!ghts I'd enjoy it alot more when he retired on top then continue to f!ght and lose his record...

Dawson is a really good f!ghter, the UK presenters were laughing when they asked 'Zaghe about the f!ght but it's actually alot more dangerous then they think, ok, Dawson hasnt got alot of hype around him and wont bring much money to the table but watch his f!ghts....He's a big threat
 11-09-2008, 11:57 AM         #106
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Welsh! said:
I won 287.50 last night, my Grandad died a few hours before the f!ght so I didnt enjoy it as much as I could have.

f!ght was great though, I was angry at how c*cky Calzaghe was with his showboating I was worried he would drop his gloves and RJJ just hit him and knock Joe down again.

Another reason why I didn't like the showboating is because Calzaghe just proved to all the doubters that this f!ght has done nothing for his rep in America, his showboating showed that RJJ was no threat to Cal.

Cal should retire now though, I've been a Zaghe fan ever since I started being a boxing fan, and although I would miss his f!ghts I'd enjoy it alot more when he retired on top then continue to f!ght and lose his record...

Dawson is a really good f!ghter, the UK presenters were laughing when they asked 'Zaghe about the f!ght but it's actually alot more dangerous then they think, ok, Dawson hasnt got alot of hype around him and wont bring much money to the table but watch his f!ghts....He's a big threat
Your Grandad died and you watched the f!ght!?

And Dawson is another hype job. Comparable to Pavlik.

He's a kid and might be able to keep up. But he isn't on the level. I can't see how he's a threat in anyway.

I really can't. Care to highight what it is Dawson has that would trouble Joe?
 9 years ago '07        #107
Welsh! 
space
avatar space
space
$5,541 | Props total: 39 39
 r a n c i d said:
Your Grandad died and you watched the f!ght!?

And Dawson is another hype job. Comparable to Pavlik.

He's a kid and might be able to keep up. But he isn't on the level. I can't see how he's a threat in anyway.

I really can't. Care to highight what it is Dawson has that would trouble Joe?
Yeah, me and the family went to the pub he used to drink in to celebrate his life and ended up watching the f!ght.....why is it a problem to you that I watched the f!ght?

Dawson is alot better than Pavlik, and has nowhere near the same level of hype Pavlik has/had.

What I think would give Calzaghe problems is the fact that Dawson has a long reach and is a similar f!ghter to Calzaghe in the way he presses forward throughout a f!ght, he also has an amazing workrate.
Dawson is a young f!ghter, blossoming and will soon be in his prime, he's fought dangerous opponents and has been able to handle the pressure, unlike Pavlik.

But tbh, even if the f!ght does happen and if Cal wins the f!ght all the yanks are going to say is that Dawson was another "Jeff Lacy type of f!ghter"

If 'Zaghe was to stay in boxing (which I hope he doesn't) I'd like to see C.Dawson vs B.Hopkins then the winer f!ght Calzaghe in Wales.
 11-09-2008, 02:23 PM         #108
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Welsh! said:
Yeah, me and the family went to the pub he used to drink in to celebrate his life and ended up watching the f!ght.....why is it a problem to you that I watched the f!ght?

Dawson is alot better than Pavlik, and has nowhere near the same level of hype Pavlik has/had.

What I think would give Calzaghe problems is the fact that Dawson has a long reach and is a similar f!ghter to Calzaghe in the way he presses forward throughout a f!ght, he also has an amazing workrate.
Dawson is a young f!ghter, blossoming and will soon be in his prime, he's fought dangerous opponents and has been able to handle the pressure, unlike Pavlik.

But tbh, even if the f!ght does happen and if Cal wins the f!ght all the yanks are going to say is that Dawson was another "Jeff Lacy type of f!ghter"

If 'Zaghe was to stay in boxing (which I hope he doesn't) I'd like to see C.Dawson vs B.Hopkins then the winer f!ght Calzaghe in Wales.
Doesn't matter who he's fought.

Dawson isn't on Joes level. Or close to it. It's really that simple. The kid would get his ears boxed off.

The ONLY f!ghter who i believe is even close to giving Calzaghe real problems is Kessler.

At the end of the day. Dawson is just a fu*king back up act lmao.

If Hopkins didn't beat Pavlik, half of boxden and the boxing world would still be running around claiming Calzaghe is ducking the super talented Pavlik
 9 years ago '07        #109
Welsh! 
space
avatar space
space
$5,541 | Props total: 39 39
Well that's where your obviously wrong, of course it matters who he has fought

I disagree, I'm a huge Calzaghe fan and tbh hate that he doesnt get the respect he deserves but Dawson is better then what you think.

Kessler has just called Joe Calzaghe out again =/

Obviously they would, majority of Boxden Boxing fans are american, which means around 90% of them hate Calzaghe because he's the best boxer around.....alot better than any American f!ghter
 11-10-2008, 10:56 AM         #110
ill800 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r a n c i d said:
A snooze fest? What f!ght did you watch.

It was highly entertaining.
lol @ watching two dinosaurs for 12 rounds and enjoying it. you find lopsided f!ghts entertaining? or did you really think rjj had a chance?
 9 years ago '07        #111
Welsh! 
space
avatar space
space
$5,541 | Props total: 39 39
haha wow, of course RJJ had a chance, and that's aload of bullsh*t if you didn't give him a chance.
 11-10-2008, 12:34 PM         #112
pothead 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Anyone got a link to a vid of the f!ght ...
 11-10-2008, 01:07 PM         #113
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Welsh! said:
Well that's where your obviously wrong, of course it matters who he has fought

I disagree, I'm a huge Calzaghe fan and tbh hate that he doesnt get the respect he deserves but Dawson is better then what you think.

Kessler has just called Joe Calzaghe out again =/

Obviously they would, majority of Boxden Boxing fans are american, which means around 90% of them hate Calzaghe because he's the best boxer around.....alot better than any American f!ghter
Respect or not. The point is he's not good enough to beat Calzaghe. Nor would i say he's the most worthy opponent.

Hopkins will beat him and you'll see my point.
 11-10-2008, 01:07 PM         #114
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 pothead said:
Anyone got a link to a vid of the f!ght ...
thebox.bz has it. Registration takes about 30 seconds.
 9 years ago '07        #115
Welsh! 
space
avatar space
space
$5,541 | Props total: 39 39
 r a n c i d said:
Respect or not. The point is he's not good enough to beat Calzaghe. Nor would i say he's the most worthy opponent.

Hopkins will beat him and you'll see my point.
So if Hopkins beats Dawson (if the f!ght ever happens) that means you've got a point fu*k outta here, all you have said is that Dawson is a garbage f!ghter, you have given no point as to why he is, just that he wouldn't give Calzaghe a good boxing f!ght.

And also I never said he would beat Calzaghe, All I said was that it wouldn't be an easy win for 'Zaghe.

Who's is worthy at the moment to face 'Zaghe.....'Zaghe has already said after the RJJ f!ght that he doesn't do rematches....this rules out f!ghts for

Hopkins
RJJ
Kessler
 11-10-2008, 01:15 PM         #116
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Welsh! said:
So if Hopkins beats Dawson (if the f!ght ever happens) that means you've got a point fu*k outta here, all you have said is that Dawson is a garbage f!ghter, you have given no point as to why he is, just that he wouldn't give Calzaghe a good boxing f!ght.

And also I never said he would beat Calzaghe, All I said was that it wouldn't be an easy win for 'Zaghe.

Who's is worthy at the moment to face 'Zaghe.....'Zaghe has already said after the RJJ f!ght that he doesn't do rematches....this rules out f!ghts for

Hopkins
RJJ
Kessler
I couldn't give a fu*k what Calzaghe says. Going on waht he says is the reason the man has no respect by many fans.

I want him to rematch Kessler, or Hopkins.
 9 years ago '07        #117
Welsh! 
space
avatar space
space
$5,541 | Props total: 39 39
He won't...keep dreaming though.
 11-10-2008, 08:51 PM         #118
elferoz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 34
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
64 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 30
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 20
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
74 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 17
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
102 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 13
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
 10
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
23 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 8
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 7
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy