Roy Jones Jr. vs Joe Calzaghe [HBO-PPV][11-8-08]

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
260 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
76 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
68 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Winner...
Roy Jones Jr 9 64.29%
Joe Calzaghe 5 35.71%
Voters: 14. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '06        #81
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$28,987 | Props total: 10657 10657
roy knockin hoes out haha...just feel over like a stack of bricks
 11-08-2008, 06:18 PM         #82
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Can't believe this f!ght isn't getting the attention it should get.

It's a great night for boxing and people don't even seem to be aware of it! In comparison...
 9 years ago '05        #83
Grown Man Ish 97 heat pts97
space
space
space
$14,106 | Props total: 234 234
i kno i was jus thinkin that.....bhop pavlik got more attention than this sh*t.....the us dont take calzaghe seriously...

plus after maywether beatin hatton the hype between us.. uk f!ghters died down cos they think he was our golden boy or suttin....
 11-08-2008, 06:23 PM         #84
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Grown Man Ish said:
i kno i was jus thinkin that.....bhop pavlik got more attention than this sh*t.....the us dont take calzaghe seriously...

plus after maywether beatin hatton the hype between us.. uk f!ghters died down cos they think he was our golden boy or suttin....
Nah i'm saying... Even Calzaghes last f!ght got ALOT of attention in the sports section. So did his Kessler f!ght.

Seems after the Hopkins borefest nobodies interested in what should be a great bout
 9 years ago '04        #85
bradleyb87 
space
space
$2,130 | Props total: 559 559
 r a n c i d said:
Nah i'm saying... Even Calzaghes last f!ght got ALOT of attention in the sports section. So did his Kessler f!ght.

Seems after the Hopkins borefest nobodies interested in what should be a great bout
We gotta blame that on Hopkins though, 'cause all of his f!ghts are borin' as fu*k.
 9 years ago '05        #86
YoungHustle33 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$383 | Props total: 88 88
not only is the rjj f!ght tonight ganna be on point but im lookin forward to seeing "super" judah! ganna be a good night at my house!!!
 9 years ago '05        #87
Grown Man Ish 97 heat pts97
space
space
space
$14,106 | Props total: 234 234
some1 gimmie a heads up b4 this f!ght starts...
 9 years ago '04        #88
KtodaC 16 heat pts16
space
space
$909 | Props total: 82 82
yo anyone got a link of this thats UP right now, cuz im trying the ones posted, and none of them are really working, all down due to copywrite, except that zango one, and i dont know what zango is and dont really want to download it
 9 years ago '04        #89
mt fuji 17 heat pts17
space
space
$11,379 | Props total: 463 463
judah about to get knocked out
 11-08-2008, 10:28 PM         #90
Gramzsdfasdfsdf 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
anybody got a good stream to use? Mine just went dead.
 9 years ago '07        #91
MrBanga 
space
space
space
$271 | Props total: 10 10
 Gramz said:
anybody got a good stream to use? Mine just went dead.

11-08-2008, 10:44 PM         #92
Rareness6 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
good got in just in time for the f!ght :dancingcool:
 9 years ago '05        #93
YoungHustle33 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$383 | Props total: 88 88
any working links mine is dead and the one a couple post up wont work for me
 9 years ago '05        #94
MrMayface 
space
space
$1,907 | Props total: 59 59
Anyone have a sopcast link?
 9 years ago '04        #95
Adwerdz 319 heat pts319
space
space
$32,757 | Props total: 23310 23310
can we say roy jones got served
 9 years ago '06        #96
H-Town Renegade 
space
space
$2,624 | Props total: 101 101
I wish I coulda seen this f!ght
 9 years ago '06        #97
STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704 OP
space
space
$11,579 | Props total: 9 9
damn .
 11-09-2008, 09:24 AM         #98
unkle 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r a n c i d said:
LOL why would you catch heat? That's your opinion. It's wrong though :agreement6:
I stand corrected. Jones went home after the 3rd round.

But when Joe got knocked down in the first, did you think of this thread???
 11-09-2008, 09:56 AM         #99
ill800 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 H-Town Renegade said:
I wish I coulda seen this f!ght
believe me, you didnt miss anything. the only eventful moment was when roy got lucky and clubbed joe with a forearm to the bridge of the nose. other than that it was a snooze fest. i struggled to keep my eyes open. i think they are going to dig up the bones of rocky marciano to f!ght ali next.
 9 years ago '06        #100
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$28,987 | Props total: 10657 10657
 philly337 said:
i like most of their opinions but just wanted to point out 3 of them

ruiz one had me laughin because before i even readit knew he'd say something to down jones...still bitter about that a.ss beatin he got haha

but i like lacy and mosley's response.Mosley's is the most on point but lacy is right about staying on the ropes.Ever since roy came down in weight it's like his legs aren't there anymore.Anytime pressure is put on him he goes to the ropes and covers up...it's too easy and i'm hopin that don't happen cause jones will get peppered up but i see the f!ght going 3 ways..

1.Jones lets joe take him to the ropes and gets combo'd all night or ko'd...because even though joe don't hit hard roy can't take a punch these days

2.jones turns back the clock and comes out of his shell.He's been scared to let his hands go since being knocked out but he seemed to start getting his confidence back at the end of the trinidad f!ght so hopefully he won't be scared.If he f!ghts like this and let's his hands go roy can win...been sayin this since day one

3.Roy stays off the ropes but gets scared of letting his hands go like previous f!ghts.This is actually where i'm leaning with this.My gut is telling me roy is going to come out looking sharp but my brain is tellin me roy is still not going to let his hands go and joe will win a decision something like jones-tarver 3 or calzaghe-hopkins

but like i said from the get go...don't be surprised of roy wins.He lost his legs but he still has speed,power,and reflexes.They aren't as sharp as they used to be but it's still there.It's really mental with roy....if he's scared or if he let's his hands go.....2 days to go!!!!
^^^^went pretty much exactly how i thought'd it go.last night was asad moment for me and i lost a little respect for roy.Because since he's been losing i've been attributing it to weight or age or him just being scared...but now i'm almost positive it's all mental.Sure he has slowed a little and his reflexes and lefs are not what they're used to but he still has enough talent in him to beat a lot of top guy if he would just let his damn hands go.In the first round and a half he had joe lookin like a sparring partner...but i told everybody i was watchin with don't get too excited because he was still lookin a little scared to throw.Beefore the knockdown he wasn't really throwin and then the end of the second.He was faster then joe and that's where joe beats his opponents....everybody i watched it with thought it was rigged because calzaghe was puttin his face in front of jones and istead of ripping with his signature left hook he'd just tap him with a little right hand....bu i knew he was just gunshy

i dn't like sayint his because i don't wanna take nothin from joe....but when u look at the hopkins f!ght it's debateable if hopkins just had a bad night or joe made him have a bad night.As for jones i know 100% jones handin him this f!ght and would have walked right through him if he threw some punches...and in heir prime...no contest

i think roy needs to retire..love boxing or not if ur not going to throw punches when u get in there it's time to go cause that's how he's gonna get hurt

asfor joe i know he said he needs to retire but i think he should stick around for 2-3 more f!ghts.Right now he has my respect but he still hasn't beaten a world class f!ghter in their prime.If he stays and f!ghts chad dawson and maybe winky it would do a lot for his legacy.Winky hasn't looked good but wouldn't say he's washed up....just think he hasn't looked good and dawson could deal to good with the pressure johnson put on him so joe would prolly be more difficult
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
279 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
55 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
21 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Woj: "Very unlikely Paul George stays in OKC"
73 comments
1 day ago