most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
16 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
403 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Winner...
Roy Jones Jr 9 64.29%
Joe Calzaghe 5 35.71%
Voters: 14. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '06        #41
jj01 
space
space
$44,948 | Props total: 4666 4666
hope rjj can take this one, but i had to put money on joe cal.
 9 years ago '06        #42
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$28,973 | Props total: 10632 10632
you guys are really underestimating roy's power.....remember power is the last thing to go on a f!ghter when they get old....they always keep the power and roy is a very hard puncher.You watch the video i posted and there is no denying.Can't name too many other guys who put down a world champion caliber f!ghter with a single body shot and the crowd said they thought they heard his rib crack
 9 years ago '06        #43
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
 Welsh! said:
^Exactly, I was just about to post that.

Eubank out of prime was alot more powerful then Jones out of prime.
maybe...that could be debated...but in their prime roy hit harder...record speaks for itself eubanks didn't even knockout half of his opponents.Roy knocked out like 70% before moving up to heavy
 11-07-2008, 12:42 PM         #44
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 philly337 said:
maybe...that could be debated...but in their prime roy hit harder...record speaks for itself eubanks didn't even knockout half of his opponents.Roy knocked out like 70% before moving up to heavy
But Chris wasn't on steroids.

And i think that's far more to do with Roy being such a great boxer when it came to lining up his opponents for the KO.

You also have to take into consideration that Eubanks in his earlier career was f!ghting in a way that made Jones look like an orthadox boxer.

There's alot of determining factors. But personally, Eubank was always the bigger hitter in my opinion.

It's silly to argue anyway because we both disagree. The point is Joe has fought harder punches than what Jones will bring to him tomorrow night. So his chin shouldn't be much of a concern.

Benn hit harder than both of them :agreement6:
 9 years ago '06        #45
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
 r a n c i d said:
But Chris wasn't on steroids.

And i think that's far more to do with Roy being such a great boxer when it came to lining up his opponents for the KO.

You also have to take into consideration that Eubanks in his earlier career was f!ghting in a way that made Jones look like an orthadox boxer.

There's alot of determining factors. But personally, Eubank was always the bigger hitter in my opinion.

It's silly to argue anyway because we both disagree. The point is Joe has fought harder punches than what Jones will bring to him tomorrow night. So his chin shouldn't be much of a concern.

Benn hit harder than both of them :agreement6:
he sure looked like he was on roids lol....and the only time i can say for certain that roy was on roids was went he went to heavy.Which i think is more to blame for his downfall then the actual coming down in weight by iteself.f!ghters are never the same when they take roids and then stop

mclellan hit harder then all 3 in my opinion...especially that left to the body.Sucks what happened to him in he and benns f!ght

Last edited by philly337; 11-07-2008 at 02:12 PM..
 11-07-2008, 02:14 PM         #46
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 philly337 said:
he sure looked like he was on roids lol....and the only time i can say for certain that roy was on roids was went he went to heavy.Which i think is more to blame for his downfall then the actual coming down in weight by iteself.f!ghters are never the same when they take roids and then stop

mclellan hit harder then all 3 in my opinion...especially that left to the body.Sucks what happened to him in he and benns last f!ght
Yeah. Eubank spent a little time in cruiser weight. Fought Thompson once or twice. Nearly put his lights out on occasion if i remember.

I'd have to disagree with McLellan punching harder than Benn though. Benn at his peak power was something else. P4P one of the hardest punchers i've ever seen on form.

Then again as you can tell i'm a MASSIVE Benn fan. And as unfortunate as the f!ght was, never liked Mclellan from the stuff i've read about him.

That was a battle though. There were a few high profile f!ghts from that era in British boxing that really hurt the sport here for a good period. I mean BRitish referees as a result are still some of the worst in the world right now. Always fearful of letting a war happen, quick to jump in and stop everything.

I'm in the process of finding aload of old f!ghts i used to have. Alot of Golden era British, and American boxing if the search carries on being a success. Might upload a few and post them up.
 9 years ago '06        #47
STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704 OP
space
space
$11,579 | Props total: 9 9
3rd episode is up
 9 years ago '06        #48
space
space
check out the weigh in live

11-07-2008, 04:08 PM         #49
unkle 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RicFlair said:
im gonna go out on a limb here and say jones wins by knockout
I might catch some hell from Rancid, but Im on that limb with you.
 11-08-2008, 12:13 AM         #50
AdorableOne 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Calzaghe by decision
 11-08-2008, 12:15 AM         #51
*Perry* 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
who cares boxing sucks its time is over MMA is NOW
 9 years ago '07        #52
Welsh! 
space
space
$5,541 | Props total: 39 39
man fu*k MMA, I tried getting into that but it didn't interest me.
 9 years ago '07        #53
Welsh! 
space
space
Anyway I'm out, Ill post back here tomorrow, hopefully a very happy man with Cal winning by decision.

Just placed a bet on it going to decision no matter who wins, But I wouldn't mind losing my money for Calzaghe winning via K.O.

lol wont happen but fu*k it.
 9 years ago '07        #54
Welsh! 
space
space

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

fair play to Roy Jones Jr, looks like he's in great shape, Cal looks like a skinny mother fu*kers next to him lol

Last edited by Welsh!; 11-08-2008 at 09:43 AM..
 9 years ago '06        #55
waytoomuch 4 heat pts
space
space
$27,612 | Props total: 8935 8935
man this is a hard decision to make. usually, i always go 4 the black man whenever a white man is facin a black man but for the last few years roy jones has not been the same ever since losin 2 tarver. n calzaghe is undefeated even tho i've never seen any of his f!ghts.
 9 years ago '07        #56
Welsh! 
space
space
why do you pick a black man over a white man?

idiot
 11-08-2008, 10:04 AM         #57
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 unkle said:
I might catch some hell from Rancid, but Im on that limb with you.
LOL why would you catch heat? That's your opinion. It's wrong though :agreement6:
 9 years ago '06        #58
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
 r a n c i d said:
Yeah. Eubank spent a little time in cruiser weight. Fought Thompson once or twice. Nearly put his lights out on occasion if i remember.

I'd have to disagree with McLellan punching harder than Benn though. Benn at his peak power was something else. P4P one of the hardest punchers i've ever seen on form.

Then again as you can tell i'm a MASSIVE Benn fan. And as unfortunate as the f!ght was, never liked Mclellan from the stuff i've read about him.

That was a battle though. There were a few high profile f!ghts from that era in British boxing that really hurt the sport here for a good period. I mean BRitish referees as a result are still some of the worst in the world right now. Always fearful of letting a war happen, quick to jump in and stop everything.

I'm in the process of finding aload of old f!ghts i used to have. Alot of Golden era British, and American boxing if the search carries on being a success. Might upload a few and post them up.
yea my harddrive crashed about 4 months ago...lost all my f!ghts.Had every f!ght you can think of since sugar ray robinson
 9 years ago '06        #59
space
space
 Welsh! said:
why do you pick a black man over a white man?

idiot
wat does that have to do with anything lol. calzaghe sucks,even if he wins tonight he still sucks
 9 years ago '04        #60
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 3 3
If we get Joe Slapzaghe tonight then its possible he wins by outworking Roy. Judges seem to favor higher workrate as opposed to damage being done. Not to say Joe hasn't worked the hell out of some people, but I dont want to see flurries of glove touches. I dont think that sh*t flies against Jones tonight anyway.

Cautiously optimistic, taking Jones in 12.

P.S. The deal is most likely sealed anyway; Atlas picks Jones.

BoxingScene.com said:
"(Jones) has seen plenty of southpaws. He has a size edge and he’s been at (175 pounds) longer. Jones matches Calzaghe’s hand speed. He punches better, so he has the edge there. Mentally, he’s confident. He’s always been a careful f!ghter. Coming off those knockout losses, his confidence was at a lull. Jones has experience. Calzaghe is a step on the other side of his career as well," Atlas said to the Nevada Appeal.

He knows Calzaghe's plan is going to be to outwork Jones, but that's where Superman Roy will takes his chances.

“Jones is not known as a big puncher. He’s very careful and doesn’t take a lot of chances. The thought in the Calzaghe camp is he’ll outwork and outhustle Jones. I see the thinking in that area. (But) Jones is a better puncher and won’t be intimidated by Calzaghe’s power. He’ll see an opportunity while Calzaghe is trying to outwork him,” Atlas said.
Even though I believe he chose the correct winner in the Calzaghe/Hopkins f!ght this dude is almost always wrong.

Thanks a lot Teddy. :mad44:

Last edited by Jamaro85; 11-08-2008 at 12:43 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
52 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
221 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
148 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
195 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
65 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
323 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy