Sep 4 - Dead rapper 2Pac tops "overrated" music list

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
35 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
33 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-04-2008, 10:28 AM         #1
5624 pageviews
114 comments

siccness 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Sep 4 - Dead rapper 2Pac tops "overrated" music list

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Dead rapper Tupac "2Pac" Shakur, the hip-hop icon who sold more records after he was murdered than during his brief career, is the most overrated person in music, according to music magazine Blender.

Shakur tops a tongue-in-cheek list that also includes "places, trends and other junk in rock," Blender said in its upcoming October issue, due on newsstands next week.

Other overrated finalists included the Grammys at No. 7, encores at No. 12, Pink Floyd at No. 14 and "the music you loved as a teenager" at No. 23.

Shakur, a "gangsta" rapper who showed his sensitive side in movies, was k!lled during an unsolved drive-by shooting in Las Vegas in 1996. More than a dozen albums have been released in the ensuing years, and his image is almost as ubiquitous as that of Che Guevara or Bob Marley.

But while Shakur was a decent rapper with "insane rock-star charisma," according to Blender, he also "larded records with self-mythologizing, mediocre filler."

It's not the first time the pages of Blender have been used to bring down Shakur a few notches. In its June issue, rapper Lil Wayne listed him among his top five rappers, but then admitted: "I can't front: I was never into Pac."

As for the Grammys, the music industry's top awards, Blender said sitting through the ceremony was "like watching paint dry on Celine Dion's forehead."

And encores were notable chiefly for allowing bands to go backstage and do drugs while fans wonder if they should beat the rush to the parking lot, Blender said.

Veteran British rock band Pink Floyd, meanwhile, were responsible for "unbearable LSD slapstick" and "self-important bombast." And Blender warned that teenagers' brains "can inflate a great band to Christ-size proportions" and turn a bad song into the most meaningful.

(Reporting by Dean Goodman; editing by Jill Serjeant)

[pic - click to view]

http://www.reuters.com/ar .. 19369220080903

Who's Blender?image

114 comments for "Sep 4 - Dead rapper 2Pac tops "overrated" music list"

9 years ago '05        #2
G_M_D 
space
space
$1,678 | Props total: 24 24
fu*k Blender-
 9 years ago '04        #3
Jaysin_305 78 heat pts78
space
space
$3,313 | Props total: 255 255
blender is a magazine homey a rock mag
 9 years ago '05        #4
champlain 63 heat pts63
space
space
$2,790 | Props total: 72 72
everyone has a opinion...
 09-04-2008, 10:43 AM         #5
lyrical genius  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*k this stupid a.ss magazine

If anything, the undisputed GOAT is UNDERATED
 9 years ago '07        #6
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$18,088 | Props total: 1527 1527
Wrong! He comes second to Biggie.
 9 years ago '07        #7
Jersey732 6 heat pts
space
space
$4,624 | Props total: 400 400
pac is overrated
 9 years ago '07        #8
F.U.B.U. 7 heat pts
space
space
$2,174 | Props total: 408 408
Elvis was a hero to most but he never meant sh*t to me you see. Straight up racist that sucker was simple and plain. Motherfu*k him and John Wayne!
 9 years ago '04        #9
Raziel 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,215 | Props total: 1470 1470
tha hate is strong in this one
 9 years ago '04        #10
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,918 | Props total: 635 635
If Pac would've survived, who knows where his flow, delivery, or musical genious may have grew to. I mean, he died at 25 so think about how many rappers besides Pac; other than Biggie; was this young and this good? 2pac is where Lil Wayne will NEVER be....
 9 years ago '04        #11
D.A.R.S. 5 heat pts
space
space
$10,775 | Props total: 842 842
 lyrical genius said:
fu*k this stupid a.ss magazine

If anything, the undisputed GOAT is UNDERATED
@ underated...are you new to boxden and not seen too many threads?
 9 years ago '04        #12
lethalastro 
space
space
$2,206 | Props total: 23 23
 jplaydadon said:
If Pac would've survived, who knows where his flow, delivery, or musical genious may have grew to. I mean, he died at 25 so think about how many rappers besides Pac; other than Biggie; was this young and this good? 2pac is where Lil Wayne will NEVER be....
unless lil wayne drops dead tomorrow. u know the wayne stans will idolize the fu*k outta him.
 9 years ago '05        #13
HUDA2daF 2 heat pts
space
space
$14,543 | Props total: 7672 7672
n*ggas gon be mad, but ignore what weezy said.

but that was some funny sh*t they said about the grammys
 9 years ago '08        #14
The N 469 heat pts469
space
space
$45,583 | Props total: 17258 17258
They want to see Pac's return
 9 years ago '07        #15
boar 
space
space
$1,215 | Props total: 0 0
whats a rock magazine doin reviewin rap artists, u dont see xxl reviewin rock sh*t.... white people r always fu*kin with us
 09-04-2008, 12:09 PM         #16
RicFlair  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Shakur tops a tongue-in-cheek list that also includes "places, trends and other junk in rock," Blender said in its upcoming October issue, due on newsstands next week.

Tongue-in-cheek is a term used to refer to humor in which a statement, or an entire fictional work, is not meant to be taken seriously, but its lack of seriousness is subtle. The Oxford English Dictionary defines it as "Ironic, slyly humorous; not meant to be taken seriously".

at people gettin all pissed, or happy because they agree.
 9 years ago '04        #17
nobody 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,276 | Props total: 1042 1042
Pac is overrated because of the sh*t he recorded and never intended to release was release anyway.

He was like a beatmaker,whatever came to his head he recorded it right then and there.

You think Tupac wanted to have 12 albums after his death? NO!
 9 years ago '07        #18
Jayceon 492 heat pts492
space
space
$27,608 | Props total: 918 918
 Jersey732 said:
pac is overrated
anybody who's human being referred to as "black jesus" is overrated. but that dont mean he aint still one of my favorites (top 3). n*ggas be on his sh*t a lil too much sometimes, and i think that has affected how people see him now in a negative way.
 9 years ago '05        #19
pmann 
space
space
$451 | Props total: 0 0
 nobody said:
Pac is overrated because of the sh*t he recorded and never intended to release was release anyway.

He was like a beatmaker,whatever came to his head he recorded it right then and there.

You think Tupac wanted to have 12 albums after his death? NO!
What are you talking about? Pac wrote lyrics, he didn't just sit around free-styling on a mic for records like "lil wayne & jay-z" does. What made Pac special was the fact he could put an album together with "So Many Tears" then flip it to "Dear Momma" or "Keep your head up". Lil Wayne had B.G. wiping the snot away from his nose when Pac was making music. That is why he didn't really rock with Pac.

I wonder if Jay-Z was on that list??? He is like the Rockets when M.J. retired, they would have never won those 2 titles. Jay-Z would be a average if BIGGIE & Pac didn't die when they did.

Watch the hate now.
 9 years ago '04        #20
mtbatol 11 heat pts11
space
space
$4,700 | Props total: 1163 1163
I used to think Pac was the greatest thing since sliced bread but since then I came to realize Hip-Hop is a lot deeper then him. I can still fu*ks with Pac but at the end of the day he isn't even my favorite dead rapper (big l, pun)
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
108 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
97 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
19 comments
1 day ago