Sep 2 - Samuel L. Jackson Annoyed by Lack of 'Titties' in New Film

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
93 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
86 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
116 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
89 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #21
Dash420 21 heat pts21
space
space
$14,762 | Props total: 6171 6171
 CentsCuZ said:
Umm... Samuel Jackson has easily cleared a couple hundred million dollars over the course of his acting career.

He made 10 million off of Shaft in 2000, 7 million off of Unbreakable in 2000, and 6 million off of the House on Turk Street in 2002. He's made nearly 50 movies since the year 2000, and most of them had bigger budgets than the ones that I listed his salaries for.

You can make a great movie for less than 20 million. "Pulp Fiction" cost 8 million to make.

Oh and you're not smart, so stop trying to act like you are over the net. You're a dumb a.ss and intellectually I run circles around you, so get humble.
:laughing25:
 9 years ago '05        #22
CalcuoCuchicheo 
space
space
$6,478 | Props total: 3 3
 CentsCuZ said:
Umm... Samuel Jackson has easily cleared a couple hundred million dollars over the course of his acting career.

He made 10 million off of Shaft in 2000, 7 million off of Unbreakable in 2000, and 6 million off of the House on Turk Street in 2002. He's made nearly 50 movies since the year 2000, and most of them had bigger budgets than the ones that I listed his salaries for.

You can make a great movie for less than 20 million. "Pulp Fiction" cost 8 million to make.

Oh and you're not smart, so stop trying to act like you are over the net. You're a dumb a.ss and intellectually I run circles around you, so get humble.
"couple hundred million dollars". Oh really? Source those earnings.

Has he really made "nearly 50 movies since the year 2000"?? Wow. Has he STARRED in "nearly 50 movies since the year 2000", on leading man pay?

Pulp Fiction is a complete exception to the rule. It's at the very top end of the successful "independent" movies list. And Jackson isn't Tarantino.
And just to relate this to your little "earnings" speculation; Jackson, like everybody else on that film, took below average pay just to work with Tarantino. Well, maybe not Jackson, as I doubt he was commanding much at the time. :lo: Regardless, that's one of the big ways it was made within that budget.

Yeah, you're really smart. So smart that you couldn't name ANY of these great ideas you KNOW Jackson has. Still waiting on that. And I'll wait on the sources too.

Maybe you'd like to include Jackson's expenses too. Since he doesn't seem to have those in your world.

Last edited by CalcuoCuchicheo; 09-03-2008 at 06:39 AM..
 9 years ago '04        #23
CentsCuZ 19 heat pts19
space
space
$11,002 | Props total: 771 771
 CalcuoCuchicheo said:
"couple hundred million dollars". Oh really? Source those earnings.

Has he really made "nearly 50 movies since the year 2000"?? Wow. Has he STARRED in "nearly 50 movies since the year 2000", on leading man pay?

Pulp Fiction is a complete exception to the rule. It's at the very top end of the successful "independent" movies list. And Jackson isn't Tarantino.
And just to relate this to your little "earnings" speculation; Jackson, like everybody else on that film, took below average pay just to work with Tarantino. Well, maybe not Jackson, as I doubt he was commanding much at the time. :lo: Regardless, that's one of the big ways it was made within that budget.

Yeah, you're really smart. So smart that you couldn't name ANY of these great ideas you KNOW Jackson has. Still waiting on that. And I'll wait on the sources too.

Maybe you'd like to include Jackson's expenses too. Since he doesn't seem to have those in your world.
Source for those earnings:

Filmography:

Scroll to the bottom of the page, and you'll see those salaries that I listed. By the way, he's already produced three films and numerous TV projects.

And you're right, I meant starred in, not made. But it's pretty obvious that I meant starred in since we both know he hasn't been making movies, and it's also apparent from the fact that you actually understood that I was referring to movies he had starred in (since you said it in reference to that sentence).

I said I would look forward to seeing a movie which he has made, and that I thought it would be great. Where did I say that he would have to hire big name actors? Since when is that even required for a great movie? Who said he was Tarantino? I used "Pulp Fiction" as an example because it's a movie which is hailed as a classic, but yet it cost only eight million to make. Firstly, I didn't say that Sam Jackson would make an eight million dollar film which would be considered of similar quality, nor did I say he would even make a film for eight million dollars. I said he could easily make a film for twenty million, which is 2.5 times what was spent on "Pulp Fiction". And if you do a bit of research you'll see that films in that budget range are actually the norm, not the exception. The overwhelming majority of films made have budgets which are less than twenty million dollars.

Judging from what I've heard Sam Jackson say in the press, including this article, he has demonstrated very good ideas of what a quality movie should be. Why should I have to defend my opinion that he can make a good movie? Why are you so offended by that statement? It's apparent that you have an issue with him because my original statement was pretty mundane and simply my opinion.

The fact of the matter is... Sam Jackson has been making big money per film since easily 1998. We know that he was clearing over five million per film after 2000 and has made nearly fifty films since then. Even if we're way off and he was making half that, he still cleared 125 million dollars. Along the way he has starred in big budget films like Star Wars Episode I and II, S.W.A.T., Coach Carter, Snakes on a Plane, Jumper, Black Snake Moan, 1408, etc. I could go on, but honestly you should get the point. You're very naive if you don't think that he cleared ten million on most of those movies, since he not only starred in those films but he was also the central character in them. So at least have the decency to admit that you were wrong, and that he does have the money necessary to make a quality film. If you can't admit that, then there's really no use in even discussing this with you.

Last edited by CentsCuZ; 09-03-2008 at 07:55 AM..
 09-03-2008, 07:56 AM         #24
R_U_Serious  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dash420 said:
YES THEY DESERVE 2 DIE!!! AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL!!!!:rant:
lmao
 9 years ago '06        #25
jshinn05 
space
space
space
$206 | Props total: 0 0
 CalcuoCuchicheo said:
What ideas would those be? Since you "know" & all.

Also, lmao@Jackson having the money to make his own movie. No. He has the name recognition to get a studio to greenlight a project & to find funding, but not to finance it himself. Nobody puts all their money into a movie - nobody.
Wow Sam Jackson is pretty fu*king paid I mean hell he's played in hella blockbuster hit movies in his career and he been acting since the 70's you dont think he has enough clout in the industry I mean he has produced movies before as well so how could he not get a project greenlighted lol shut yo dumbass up
 9 years ago '05        #26
CalcuoCuchicheo 
space
space
 CentsCuZ said:
Source for those earnings:

Filmography:
So you can't provide a comprehensive overview of his earnings? Ok.

CentsCuZ said:
And you're right, I meant starred in, not made. But it's pretty obvious that I meant starred in since we both know he hasn't been making movies, and it's also apparent from the fact that you actually understood that I was referring to movies he had starred in (since you said it in reference to that sentence).
My point wasn't "made", as in wrote/produced/directed, versus "starred in" but rather "appeared in" versus "starred in". You see how that's extremely relevant to earnings? Good.

CentsCuZ said:
I said I would look forward to seeing a movie which he has made, and that I thought it would be great. Where did I say that he would have to hire big name actors?
Nowhere. Where did I say you said that?? :rolleyes:

The point I made was that people worked below their going rate for Tarantino. Not that you need big actors but that it takes extraordinary circumstances to have a film of such high quality, made so cheaply.

CentsCuZ said:
Who said he was Tarantino? I used "Pulp Fiction" as an example because it's a movie which is hailed as a classic, but yet it cost only eight million to make.
Nobody said he was Tarantino, but in citing Pulp Fiction as an example, you left Jackson open to comparison. One that doesn't really reflect on him too well, obviously.

CentsCuZ said:
Firstly, I didn't say that Sam Jackson would make an eight million dollar film which would be considered of similar quality, nor did I say he would even make a film for eight million dollars. I said he could easily make a film for twenty million, which is 2.5 times what was spent on "Pulp Fiction".
You actually said less than 20 million. Which is less than 2.5 times what was spent on Pulp Fiction.

CentsCuZ said:
And if you do a bit of research you'll see that films in that budget range are actually the norm, not the exception. The overwhelming majority of films made have budgets which are less than twenty million dollars.
And the overwhelming majority of films made with budgets which are less than twenty million dollars aren't very good. On the flip side, Pulp Fiction was very, very good. Which DOES make it the exception.

CentsCuZ said:
Judging from what I've heard Sam Jackson say in the press, including this article, he has demonstrated very good ideas of what a quality movie should be.
Fair enough, he exhibited some basic common sense in this article. What else did he exhibit that made you think he'd "demonstrated very good ideas of what a quality movie should be"?

CentsCuZ said:
Why should I have to defend my opinion that he can make a good movie? Why are you so offended by that statement? It's apparent that you have an issue with him because my original statement was pretty mundane and simply my opinion.
There's no should to it; no-one's holding a gun to your head. Sometimes actual conviction compels us to back up what we have said though. You know, if you actually believe in something, you tend to react when it's challenged.

No issue with Jackson. He's not the one saying he could make this, that or the next on his own. He's a bit more savvy, I think.

CentsCuZ said:
The fact of the matter is... Sam Jackson has been making big money per film since easily 1998. We know that he was clearing over five million per film after 2000 and has made nearly fifty films since then. Even if we're way off and he was making half that, he still cleared 125 million dollars.
How do we know this? Where is your source?

CentsCuZ said:
Along the way he has starred in big budget films like Star Wars Episode I and II, S.W.A.T., Coach Carter, Snakes on a Plane, Jumper, Black Snake Moan, 1408, etc. I could go on, but honestly you should get the point. You're very naive if you don't think that he cleared ten million on most of those movies, since he not only starred in those films but he was also the central character in them.
See, here's where you're fu*king up. I don't recall him being the main character in either of those Star Wars films. And, being that he sought out the role specifically, there is every chance that he received a very small fee for those roles.

Now I'm actually considering you to list these near "50 movies" as I'm seeing nearer 40 on IMDB. And that's including narration & voiceovers, which won't have paid like starring in a film.

CentsCuZ said:
So at least have the decency to admit that you were wrong, and that he does have the money necessary to make a quality film. If you can't admit that, then there's really no use in even discussing this with you.
What exactly was I wrong about? You've made several claims & failed to properly source all but one of them (his salary for three films, wow).

Firstly, you've yet to demonstrate that he has these great ideas.
Secondly, you've yet to demonstrate he has the money to fund these great ideas.
So how I supposed to "admit" anything? "A quality film" can be made on a small budget. Does that mean Jackson is in the position to make one? No.

And, again, nobody puts all their money into one project. It just doesn't happen.
 9 years ago '05        #27
CalcuoCuchicheo 
space
space
 jshinn05 said:
Wow Sam Jackson is pretty fu*king paid I mean hell he's played in hella blockbuster hit movies in his career and he been acting since the 70's you dont think he has enough clout in the industry I mean he has produced movies before as well so how could he not get a project greenlighted lol shut yo dumbass up
Has he really been acting since the 70s? Wow. He was a nobody in the 70s. A nobody for the majority of the 80s. There's only one thing I can tell you that Jackson was doing in that time period...& that's crack cocaine. Yeah, I'm sure he was getting "hella" paid as a crackhead nobody.

And yeah, he's been in blockbusters. So have extras. Your logic is flawed. Start posting up financial statements. It's one thing to be "paid", it's another to have tens of millions to burn.

And I clearly said he COULD get a project greenlighted, you illiterate little man.
 9 years ago '07        #28
dionedre3000 
space
space
$8,972 | Props total: 791 791
 j-ro23 said:
hahahaha! That's great. Love sam jackson
lol thats my dude.......realer than real
 9 years ago '07        #29
Awsolot 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,873 | Props total: 1 1
"WHHAAATT, I"M NOT YELLING THIS JUST THE WAY I TALK"

Dave Chappelle playing Samuel Jackson
 9 years ago '06        #30
BlackandGifted 17 heat pts17
space
space
$24,431 | Props total: 788 788
Say What One More Motherfu*king Time, I Dare You I Double Dare!!!!
 09-03-2008, 10:36 AM         #31
$h0wtym3  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CentsCuZ said:
 CalcuoCuchicheo said:
What ideas would those be? Since you "know" & all.

Also, lmao@Jackson having the money to make his own movie. No. He has the name recognition to get a studio to greenlight a project & to find funding, but not to finance it himself. Nobody puts all their money into a movie - nobody.

K.O.
:owned:
 9 years ago '04        #32
CentsCuZ 19 heat pts19
space
space
$11,002 | Props total: 771 771
 CalcuoCuchicheo said:
So you can't provide a comprehensive overview of his earnings? Ok.
 CalcuoCuchicheo said:
And yeah, he's been in blockbusters. So have extras. Your logic is flawed. Start posting up financial statements. It's one thing to be "paid", it's another to have tens of millions to burn.
Are you retarded? I'm seriously wondering if you have some form of mental retardation. Why would we have detailed financial information for Samuel Jackson? We're not his lawyer or agent. It's easy to say, source this or post records of that, and think you've "won" some sort of argument. Let me remind you that this is a forum, not a research paper.

You obviously lack some sort of common sense if you can't look at his salaries from three movies made 7-10 years ago and make a fairly reliable estimate of how much he currently makes. Not only did I use 5 million as an example, but I went further and halved it in order to prove to you that even if he makes nearly a third of what he made on those films (which were made when he had achieved less success than he has now), then he still has more than enough necessary to make a movie with a substantial budget.

CalcuoCuchicheo said:
My point wasn't "made", as in wrote/produced/directed, versus "starred in" but rather "appeared in" versus "starred in". You see how that's extremely relevant to earnings? Good.
You really should look up the definition of "starred in" and correct your thinking. You don't have to be the number one actor in a film to be someone who has starred in anything. All the time you'll read "starring...", and then multiple names will follow. He wasn't even the number one actor in "Unbreakable", Bruce Willis was, and Sam Jackson still cleared 7 million dollars.

CalcuoCuchicheo said:
Nowhere. Where did I say you said that?? :rolleyes:
Umm... You made a statement to note why "Pulp Fiction" was an exception as if it is a reason why Sam Jackson's movie can't be made for a similar budget or be similarly successful. No one ever said that he would cast stars or whatever other bullsh*t exception you want to throw out there. So your statement is irrelevant. And if you didn't mean to insinuate that Sam Jackson couldn't make a movie similarly because of that exception, then why would you even have said it. Stop trying to act naive because you come off sounding like an idiot. Trying to change your point/argument after the fact due to semantics is evidence of your argument's weakness.

CalcuoCuchicheo said:
You actually said less than 20 million. Which is less than 2.5 times what was spent on Pulp Fiction.
Now I'm actually considering you to list these near "50 movies" as I'm seeing nearer 40 on IMDB. And that's including narration & voiceovers, which won't have paid like starring in a film.
This proves the pettiness of your argument. You're really going to argue about whether I said 20 million or less than 20 million? Is there any better example of your desperation?

Then you argue about whether 40+ is the same as "nearly fifty"?

CalcuoCuchicheo said:
How do we know this? Where is your source?
Huh? I just gave you a source with his salaries for three films made after the year 2000 and they all were higher than 7 million. In my estimate I lowered it to 5 million, and then I cut that in half and he still had 125 million. There's no need to source common sense. Get some.

Want more sources?

Here you go:

In 2004, Forbes estimates that Samuel Jackson raked in 30 million dollars.

Forbes said:
Give a hungry man a fish and you'll feed him for a day. Give a hungry actor $8 million per film and he'll stand in front of the camera 365 days of the year.
Yup, that's right. They estimate his per film take at 8 million dollars.

Or how about this:

Source said:
His natural instinct for business put him on Forbes Celebrity 100 list twice in a row. In 2002, he earned 34 million dollars and in 2003, he pulled in 30 million dollars. As of 2006, according to his website, his films have grossed more money than any other actor in cinematic history.

CalcuoCuchicheo said:
Fair enough, he exhibited some basic common sense in this article. What else did he exhibit that made you think he'd "demonstrated very good ideas of what a quality movie should be"?

There's no should to it; no-one's holding a gun to your head. Sometimes actual conviction compels us to back up what we have said though. You know, if you actually believe in something, you tend to react when it's challenged. No issue with Jackson. He's not the one saying he could make this, that or the next on his own. He's a bit more savvy, I think.
You're right, fuk you. I don't have to explain sh*t to your mongoloid brain. It's my opinion. If you've got a problem with it, go fuk yourself. If you enjoy living the ignorance of your existence, then so be it. Keep thinking that people are working for chump change, keep thinking that actors who have been starring in movies for multiple decades are broke and can't scrape up enough money to make a movie, keep being unwilling to give an inch when you're obviously wrong, and keep thinking that you know everything. And news flash, no one makes a movie on their own you dolt, even if they've written, directed, starred in, and produced. It still takes scores of people to bring it all together.

Got it? Good.

:greetings10:

Last edited by CentsCuZ; 09-03-2008 at 11:03 AM..
 9 years ago '06        #33
luckluck 17 heat pts17
space
space
$2,907 | Props total: 97 97
^^^^^^^^^^^
And the winner is.................
 09-03-2008, 11:15 AM         #34
HR_Paperstacks  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Pass The Dutchi said:
DOES HE LOOOK LIKE A bi*ch??
Then why you trying to fu*k him like a bi*ch? Yes you did Brett! Yes you did Brett! You tried to fu*k him. Marsellus Wallace don't like to be fu*ked by anybody other than Mrs. Wallace.

"Mmmhmm. This is a tasty burger."

"You mind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash this down?"

Quotables all throughout that scene.
 09-03-2008, 11:19 AM         #35
$h0wtym3  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CentsCuZ said:
 CalcuoCuchicheo said:
There's no should to it; no-one's holding a gun to your head. Sometimes actual conviction compels us to back up what we have said though. You know, if you actually believe in something, you tend to react when it's challenged.
You're right, fuk you. I don't have to explain sh*t to your mongoloid brain. It's my opinion. If you've got a problem with it, go fuk yourself. If you enjoy living the ignorance of your existence, then so be it. Keep thinking that people are working for chump change, keep thinking that actors who have been starring in movies for multiple decades are broke and can't scrape up enough money to make a movie, keep being unwilling to give an inch when you're obviously wrong, and keep thinking that you know everything. And news flash, no one makes a movie on their own you dolt, even if they've written, directed, starred in, and produced. It still takes scores of people to bring it all together.

Got it? Good.

T.K.O.
:owned:

Calcuo you are the weakest link
 9 years ago '06        #36
BlackandGifted 17 heat pts17
space
space
$24,431 | Props total: 788 788
Dude was sweaty as hell in that closet on A Time To k!ll
 9 years ago '07        #37
CTRepresent 
space
space
space
$1,331 | Props total: 0 0
"bi*ches, show Samuel L. Jackson your t*tties." Rick James
 09-03-2008, 01:09 PM         #38
dwil1122  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Samuel L Jackson as a youth hockey coach!!!!! LMAO

09-03-2008, 01:27 PM         #39
fish250  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
theres snakes on the motherfu*king plane!!!
 9 years ago '08        #40
daytona500 
space
space
$1,052 | Props total: 0 0
i'm sick of no motherfu*kin t*tties...in my motherfu*kin film
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
98 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
64 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
210 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
57 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
25 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
65 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy