which rapper started what trend?

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
234 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
58 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
248 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '07        #21
Hollywooo22 
space
space
$2,078 | Props total: 94 94
 glennrobinson31 said:
while cam may have made it a trend to wear pink, dudes in philly were rockin pink polos and sweaters before cam ever made that sh*t popular, just pointing that out, obviously philly isnt a rapper its a city but they were rocking pink sh*t before cam came with that whole sh*t.

i would say fab for the throwbacks maybe, but jerseys were always popular, but maybe he made throwbacks more popular

wayne the reason for dreads? no way
2 answer this question...

iight i have lived n da south half of my life...

when wayne started growing his, madd n*ggas already had em already.

WAYNE didn't bring out dat dread sh*t!

o yea....i think da n*ggas who had dreads playing football like n 2000-2002 brought dat sh*t out.. when i was n skool n*ggas used talk about growing dreads 2 them look good n football

im surprised dat sh*t didn't go outta style yet

Last edited by Hollywooo22; 09-02-2008 at 09:27 PM..
 9 years ago '07        #22
CheezyDoDo 15 heat pts15
space
space
$11,363 | Props total: 184 184
lil wayne saying M.O.B or was it Pac that said it first

anyway like 2 years ago every n*gga was sayin that even female rappers was like money over n*ggas

lil wayne saying hardbody,
weezy saying make it rain

50 making it cool to wear bullet proofs outside

kanye with the stronger glasses

lupe or was it N.E.R.D wit the skateboard

Cash Money and Diddy talking about the glamor life,Bling Bling

kanye calling out Bush

btw Scarface was rocking suits way before Hova

outkast with the alien martian sh*t
 9 years ago '06        #23
Cezaroh 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,238 | Props total: 1554 1554
every gangsta rapper got a tattoo on they belly cause of pac

people been getting theyre hoods tated on em since the earl 80s in theyre stomach but pac just brought it to the rap game
 09-02-2008, 07:40 PM         #24
25/8 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Truthiness= c*ck riding/ saying lost in every other thread
 09-02-2008, 07:41 PM         #25
NotSoft 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 stitch said:
Wrong. Rapper Esham from Detroit did the double album thing a long time before 'Pac did.

If i embarass u in a thread and nobody else views it or replys should u be embarrased? im sure esham is the reason for nikkas doin double albums haha...gtfoh....we aint talkin bout who did it first we talkin bout who started the trend
 9 years ago '07        #26
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,836 | Props total: 194 194
Lil Wayne - "Bling Bling": (A N.O. term for Mardi Gras jewelry)
Dipset - a few clothing trends
Cash Money - White tees
Kanye West - Louis Vutton(??)
Lupe - I'd say somewhat influenced the retro trend
Atlanta rappers - Tall tees, "crunk"
 9 years ago '07        #27
Hollywooo22 
space
space
$2,078 | Props total: 94 94
 CheezyDoDo said:
lil wayne saying M.O.B or was it Pac that said it first

anyway like 2 years ago every n*gga was sayin that even female rappers was like money over n*ggas

lil wayne saying hardbody,
weezy saying make it rain

50 making it cool to wear bullet proofs outside

kanye with the stronger glasses

lupe or was it N.E.R.D wit the skateboard

Cash Money and Diddy talking about the glamor life,Bling Bling

kanye calling out Bush

btw Scarface was rocking suits way before Hova

outkast with the alien martian sh*t
Wayne didn't start dat....dat was out way b4 wayne was even discovered
 9 years ago '05        #28
LBoogie2122 20 heat pts20 OP
space
space
$5,658 | Props total: 2255 2255
[QUOTE=Nyuzi;12544174]
Cash Money - White tees
[QUOTE]

didnt they start that custom gucci and louis vuitton on the clothes too? i think its tacky as hell to this day

who started the gucci & louis print on the whips? farthest back i think was master p and his gucci ferrari i couldnt believe my eyes when i saw that sh*t

i been knew about M.O.B. but i remember ja rule sayin it mad long ago on a track

word on that hardbody quote wu was sayin that back in the mid 90's

Last edited by LBoogie2122; 09-02-2008 at 09:33 PM..
 09-03-2008, 12:16 AM         #29
b-unit 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
2pac-The whisper flow,possibly Screwed Up music...unless that sh1t wuz goin on in texas before like 93,tatoos everywhere rappers(Iverson made it worse)...rappers drivin Rolls Royces,double albums,,makin other rappers cry,sonning Mobb Sleep

hope that whole screwed up music thing was a joke when u said tupac started that. lol.
 09-03-2008, 01:32 AM         #30
hydro187 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
stack bundles was the first dude to wear that rockstar sh*t and then jim jones took it and made it look like he did it
 9 years ago '04        #31
glennrobinson31 
space
space
space
$893 | Props total: 2 2
what year did atlanta rappers start tall tees?
 9 years ago '04        #32
Calamity 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,023 | Props total: 1848 1848
n*gga said cash money started white tees... n*ggaz was wearin white tees in the hood on menace to society.. lol

some of you n*ggaz just from the country and dont know who start what
 9 years ago '05        #33
Dat 1 Dude 
space
space
$3,544 | Props total: 276 276
i stopped reading when the n*gga said wayne was the reason ppl got dreads.. then i looked at where he was from.. then that explains alot...
 9 years ago '04        #34
DoctorJ|m 35 heat pts35
space
space
$4,967 | Props total: 210 210
"then i looked at where he was from.. then that explains alot..."
Tell me about it. I tried to give homie insight and historic info about this...and dude thought I was tripping...Then called me "old a.ss, old school" and we the same age, lol. And then is questioning why I'm a Mod. Homie doesn't realize I write for 2 entertainment magazines, 2 online sites, run a promotional company, and have been writing praised hip-hop articles since 1998 --- and was asked to come here because of my experience.

All I can say --- check out my various "Hip Hop Homework" articles here on boxden if you REALLY want to learn history and see proof of stuff.
 9 years ago '05        #35
LBoogie2122 20 heat pts20 OP
space
space
$5,658 | Props total: 2255 2255
i could really give a fu*k where you work at and what you do homey, and i wouldnt give a damn if almighty jesus himself asked you to join boxden but im glad you feel better about yourself now that that you finally gushed out your big little secret youve been dyin to let people know lol ill dedicate this paragraph to that. walk down the street with your head up proud now everyone knows kid! why would you think i care? you get a little journalism degree you get lucky and get an internship, next thing you kno a dude that knows just as much as me about my hip hop is tellin me what i already kno, rubbish.

but anyways you two dumb birds dont get what im sayin, ill make it simple so you can understand.....its not about who did it 1st, its about who made it mainstream so to speak, who crossed the genre and had everyone doing it, like a fad. and can you n*ggas even read? i asked if wayne did i didnt say he did, and you write articles and sh*t my n*gga?

i didnt have to write 2 articles to know that the rockers back in the day started that sh*t or whatever else bullsh*t you do to know that n*ggas been rockin dreads since the beginning of time

ill disregard the staten island comment seeing where yall from, lol str8 jokes & dont gimme that "im here but im from there" bullsh*t im from the island no matter where im at yall cats cant even fu*k with upstate new york lol

Last edited by LBoogie2122; 09-03-2008 at 10:51 PM..
 9 years ago '07        #36
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,836 | Props total: 194 194
 Calamity said:
n*gga said cash money started white tees... n*ggaz was wearin white tees in the hood on menace to society.. lol

some of you n*ggaz just from the country and dont know who start what
We mean on the TV screen basically. This is not about the actual origin of the trend because white tees in the hood can be traced back the 50's.
 9 years ago '05        #37
Dat 1 Dude 
space
space
$3,544 | Props total: 276 276
lol, n*gga gave me hate kuz i live in jersey... i been in this backwards a.ss city for 4 months.. and just bc wayne is the first person YOU'VE seen with dreads doesnt mean he started it.. just means your eyes were always closed
 9 years ago '04        #38
DoctorJ|m 35 heat pts35
space
space
$4,967 | Props total: 210 210
Yea Dat Dude, I got hate too from that niglit.

"im glad you feel better about yourself now that that you finally gushed out your big little secret youve been dyin to let people know lol ill dedicate this paragraph to that"
The sad thing is -- the point of everything I've said has gone completely over his head. All I do is write on here, post articles, and bring proof to bullsh*t arguments like this. Obviously if I'm telling him something "he already knows" then he wouldn't be dumb/naive enough to think Dipset, Usher, Lil Wayne, etc-etc - CREATED HIP-HOP trends; that were 'mainstream' 10-20 years prior to it.

You echoed my exact point when you said...."who made it mainstream".
I'm hoping you realize (after you get the semen out of your mouth) that every decade has a 'mainstream'...and most of the trends you named were ALREADY 'hot' & 'mainstream' before...and you were false in trying to give credit to people that didn't make something a trend. Older heads that know the truth take a little offense to that.

All I was doing was giving you the insight of who REALLY made them 'mainstream' when they first got 'hot'; and now you mad at various people I see. You made your own enemies in this argument, not me. So grow up man.

Last edited by DoctorJ; 09-04-2008 at 11:03 AM..
 9 years ago '07        #39
DIPSET101 28 heat pts28
space
space
$9,860 | Props total: 8818 8818
 25/8 said:
Truthiness= c*ck riding/ saying lost in every other thread
lauren hill started that lost sh*t
 9 years ago '07        #40
DIPSET101 28 heat pts28
space
space
$9,860 | Props total: 8818 8818
 moneymitchy said:
pharell, jim jones, kangay and the rest of them fa99ots got all these young men wearing spandex pants,handbags, tight v-necks and chains on the pants SMH....

next, these fa9 rappers is gonna wear lipstick and all these tight pants muthafu*kas is gonna follow.

nelly used to rock a band aid on his face and some idiots followed that guy.

pharell started the bape shoe ad hoody trend.

d-block popularized the d*ckies + timbs outfit back in the early 2000's.
bape was started by a non rapper named nigo, pharell and the clipse popularized it here in the states
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
27 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
53 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
83 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
207 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy