which rapper started what trend?

most viewed right now
 Video inside Diddy gets clowned on TV...
14 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
138 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Went To The 4:44 Tour Last Night
59 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
yukmouth responded to gonzoe
22 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '05        #1
8451 pageviews
67 comments

LBoogie2122 20 heat pts20
space
space
$5,658 | Props total: 2255 2255
which rapper started what trend?

i think its kinda interesting to kno who influenced the things we wear, drive, etc,etc,etc if you kno who started what then add on and if any1 is wrong correct that n*gga!

few things i know

young berg got n*ggas rockin mohawks forreal, i aint never seen it till the s3xy lady vid prove me wrong

Jay-z
made it wack to rock a m-class benz or an x-class bmw, i remember back in the 90's when the baby mama benzez 1st came out n*ggas was drivin them sh*ts in video's but when jigga gave it that name nobody was coppin them sh*ts lol

is lil wayne the reason all these n*ggas got dreads?

dipset stay makin trends yet n*ggas love to hate em, few things i kno
jeff hamilton sports team leather with all the patches i 1st seen it on the oh boy video, never stopped seein it since
n*ggas rockin pink
flashy a.ss beltbuckels
the rockstar look n*ggas fiend to rock today(v-neck tee, tight a.ss jeans, wallet chain etc.)
scarfes on dudes heads nowadays

busta rymes was the 1st to try at his own clothing with bushi back when got u all in check came out. Didnt go nowhere but after that n*ggas hopped the bandwagon

not only did Wu tang intoduce gold fronts to the east coast, mef and odb were the 1st n*ggas i seen around the world with custom fronts (name on the front, fangs etc) i think that plays a major part in these fronts n*ggas is rockin today

puffy introduced rap to white gold and platinum, bentleys and rolls royces not jay z, biggie started the cristal craze

im not sure but i think usher got n*ggas drinkin patron

mary j blidge is the reason why black girls rock blonde hair

thank fat joe when u get some free money in the club cause he started this "make it rain" sh*t i even heard cheney say it on that lil bush cartoon on comedy central

every gangsta rapper got a tattoo on they belly cause of pac

any1 else kno sommore things? like who was the 1st to rock jacob watches, throwback jerseys and who started this 80's sh*t? is it kanye?

Last edited by LBoogie2122; 09-01-2008 at 10:17 PM..

67 comments for "which rapper started what trend?"

9 years ago '04        #2
glennrobinson31 
space
space
space
$893 | Props total: 2 2
 LBoogie2122 said:
i think its kinda interesting to kno who influenced the things we wear, drive, etc,etc,etc if you kno who started what then add on and if any1 is wrong correct that n*gga!

few things i know

young berg got n*ggas rockin mohawks forreal, i aint never seen it till the s3xy lady vid prove me wrong

Jay-z
made it wack to rock a m-class benz or an x-class bmw, i remember back in the 90's when the baby mama benzez 1st came out n*ggas was drivin them sh*ts in video's but when jigga gave it that name nobody was coppin them sh*ts lol

jeff hamilton sports team leather with all the patches i 1st seen it on the oh boy video, never stopped seein it since
n*ggas rockin pink
flashy a.ss beltbuckels
the rockstar look n*ggas fiend to rock today(v-neck tee, tight a.ss jeans, wallet chain etc.)

busta rymes was the 1st to try at his own clothing with bushi back when got u all in check came out. Didnt go nowhere but after that n*ggas hopped the bandwagon

not only did Wu tang intoduce gold fronts to the east coast, mef and odb were the 1st n*ggas i seen around the world with custom fronts (name on the front, fangs etc) i think that plays a major part in these fronts n*ggas is rockin today

puffy introduced rap to white gold and platinum, bentleys and rolls royces not jay z, biggie started the cristal craze

thank fat joe when u get some free money in the club cause he started this "make it rain" sh*t i even heard cheney say it on that lil bush cartoon on comedy central

any1 else kno sommore things? like who was the 1st to rock jacob watches, throwback jerseys and who started this 80's sh*t? is it kanye?

while cam may have made it a trend to wear pink, dudes in philly were rockin pink polos and sweaters before cam ever made that sh*t popular, just pointing that out, obviously philly isnt a rapper its a city but they were rocking pink sh*t before cam came with that whole sh*t.

i would say fab for the throwbacks maybe, but jerseys were always popular, but maybe he made throwbacks more popular

wayne the reason for dreads? no way
 9 years ago '04        #3
Adwerdz 320 heat pts320
space
space
$32,809 | Props total: 23608 23608
n*ggas in the streets start the trends first, the rappers supposedly just d*ck hop and bring it to national tv, then u have a whole other bunch of lames following.

fu*k rappers
 9 years ago '04        #4
glennrobinson31 
space
space
space
that sounds about right
 9 years ago '04        #5
glennrobinson31 
space
space
space
muslims in phi with the fu*kin capris, i hate that sh*t, capris is for females
 09-01-2008, 10:46 PM         #6
RonMexicoQB 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
jay-z rocking the button up and fitted. after change clothes came out every a**hole was wearing that sh*t.
 9 years ago '04        #7
glennrobinson31 
space
space
space
 RonMexicoQB said:
jay-z rocking the button up and fitted. after change clothes came out every a**hole was wearing that sh*t.
agreed

not to mention, "i dont rock jerseys im thirty plus", all the trend followers threw all theyre jerseys away and went out and bought french cuff button ups
 09-01-2008, 11:04 PM         #8
25/8 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Adwerdz said:
n*ggas in the streets start the trends first, the rappers supposedly just d*ck hop and bring it to national tv, then u have a whole other bunch of lames following.

fu*k rappers
:applause:

run dmc= adidas
jay-z= button ups/blazers/maybachs

puffy= rappers doing reality shows

mc hammer= mainstream endorsements

snoop dogg= rocking flags/bandanas/gang life/gang and west coast culture
(crip walking)

nwa=jheri curls,d*ckies and starter hats

kris kross= wearing your clothes backwards

Another Bad Creation= wearing your clothes inside out
 9 years ago '06        #9
ItIsWhatItIs 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,679 | Props total: 203 203
cam: clear/square earings and the pink

Fabolous: throw back jerseys

jayz: shut down the jersey game and came wit the button up look

dipset: tight jean shyt(though its nothing new but u cant front after jim and juelz started rockin tight shyt, the whole hood had a new look)
 9 years ago '08        #10
lifetimez 
space
space
$2,807 | Props total: 0 0
Dipset: No Homo
 9 years ago '04        #11
jeehtoven 51 heat pts51
space
space
$5,645 | Props total: 470 470
 LBoogie2122 said:

few things i know

Jay-z

n*ggas rockin pink
flashy a.ss beltbuckels

That's not true. Naughty by Nature was the first to have a clothing line, followed by Wu-Tang.
 9 years ago '05        #12
dominicanlink12 25 heat pts25
space
space
space
$2,769 | Props total: 2965 2965
joe budden:"jump off"
Dipset:"whats really good"
Busta: cuttin the dreads off, everyone cut them bi*ches off
 09-02-2008, 12:09 AM         #13
NotSoft 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RonMexicoQB said:

"And see its far from summer.
But Jay got these d1ckheads runnin round wit colorful button downs,fukin clowns"

dont forget Jay had nikkas rockin buttonups under Bill Cosby sweaters for a second...

Fab-throwbacks and the one white,one yellow chain at the same time.

2pac-The whisper flow,possibly Screwed Up music...unless that sh1t wuz goin on in texas before like 93,tatoos everywhere rappers(Iverson made it worse)...rappers drivin Rolls Royces,double albums,,makin other rappers cry,sonning Mobb Sleep

Ice Cube-Killin rappers on they own beat,Jerry Curls,killing cops wuz at a all time high,

E-40-dreads,slang out the ying yang,made poppin collars popular,practicin lookin hard,breakin down the drug game on record wuz popularized by e-40, tycoonin, bifocals,Id be hear all day

Too Short-breaking down the game period,pimping etc

The Bay-nuff said,close thread
 09-02-2008, 12:12 AM         #14
NotSoft 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
And Puff wuz the first wit the Mohawwk i think,i dont follow Yung Berg like that but i dont remember him havin a mohawk in his videos...whats funny is this girl told me thats what homos use to identify each other,i dont know if its been that way,or just got that way or if thats even true...i can tell u i dont know any nikkas wit mohawks...and i only see those fruity lookin rockstar dressin nikkas wit mohawks...maybe sumbody else has heard this?
 9 years ago '05        #15
LBoogie2122 20 heat pts20 OP
space
space
guess i was wrong on some things lol

word puffy started the mohawk i 4got about that but i gotta say n*ggas started sweatin it after that s3xy lady vid

here's one i bet yall didnt kno EPMD were the 1st to rock the fishermans hat made famous by ll cool j they also the 1st to add synths to their beats like stronger by kanye west

tho muslim cats been doin it for ages but it was freeway who got n*ggas rockin the big beard with the baldie for no reason not rick ross(the commercial rick ross)

usher got n*ggas rockin blazers and jeans & white on white to the club sh*t i kno i still do sometimes, cant front

busta was the 1st with the g wagon benz after that n*ggas went crazy for like a year

i kno ja rule got n*ggas started on burberry

wow nwa actually had n*ggas drippin from coast to coast? didnt kno that

Last edited by LBoogie2122; 09-02-2008 at 01:52 AM..
 09-02-2008, 06:18 AM         #16
moneymitchy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
pharell, jim jones, kangay and the rest of them fa99ots got all these young men wearing spandex pants,handbags, tight v-necks and chains on the pants SMH....

next, these fa9 rappers is gonna wear lipstick and all these tight pants muthafu*kas is gonna follow.

nelly used to rock a band aid on his face and some idiots followed that guy.

pharell started the bape shoe ad hoody trend.

d-block popularized the d!ckies + timbs outfit back in the early 2000's.

Last edited by moneymitchy; 09-02-2008 at 06:20 AM..
 9 years ago '04        #17
WilbertCarl 
space
space
$662 | Props total: 29 29
 ItIsWhatItIs said:
cam: clear/square earings and the pink

Fabolous: throw back jerseys

jayz: shut down the jersey game and came wit the button up look

dipset: tight jean shyt(though its nothing new but u cant front after jim and juelz started rockin tight shyt, the whole hood had a new look)
no actually big boi starrted the throwbacks trend
 9 years ago '04        #18
Calamity 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,025 | Props total: 1850 1850
 stitch said:
Wrong. Rapper Esham from Detroit did the double album thing a long time before 'Pac did.
but nobody has a CLUE who esham is....

jarule-singin on tracks right?... now E V E R Y B O D Y shown they hiddin luv to be a r&b singer

by the way n*ggaz in new orleans pointed and laughed at you east coast n*ggaz with them removable gold teeth... we just couldnt swallow that sh*t... it was fake 2 us.... it was a SIN to wear that sh*t down here

A SIN
 9 years ago '04        #19
DoctorJ|m 35 heat pts35
space
space
$4,972 | Props total: 211 211
Wow....I think alot of these opinions are based on age of the listener and not the actual fad. Not trying to show my older age, but alot of these 'trends' were started as far back as the 70's.

Not to point out names...but the thread-starter himself (LBoogie)...gotta definitely do some research homie....

Rockin' Mohawks -> Young berg = NO...
Alot of the rappers of the 1990's that got Gold Chains & A Mohawk for short times were all HUGELY influenced by Mr. T. Even nowdays various singers/rappers have had mohawks before Berg. (Big Daddy Kane, Common, old school Proof, Diddy, Timbaland, all 3 members of Playa, Mike Shinoda, Kanye West, The Game, Chris Brown, etc-etc).

Jay-z -> it wack to rock a m-class benz or an x-class bmw = NO...
If yall would remember correctly since Volume 1, he was actually teaching cats the difference between Benzies and their price. At the time (especially in the mid-90s); the car to cop was a Lexus; and he made it COOL to go with a Benz instead.

is lil wayne the reason all these n*ggas got dreads? = NO...
Not even close...First off - ALOT of the island reggae & dancehall singers made that REALLLY popular in the 70's. Then, in rap, especially alot of grimey NY rappers worked the dreads into the mainstream in the late 1980s. Groups like Das Efx, Arrested Development, Digital Underground, Boot Camp Clik, etc-etc - all rocked dreads.

Dipset stay makin trends yet - Jeff hamilton sports leathers, patches, rockin pink, flashy beltbuckels, rockstar look, tight a.ss jeans, wallet chain etc.
First off it's called the 'Rock Star' look because it was glomorized by Rock Stars of the early 1980's. Bruce Springsteen, The Police, etc-etc made that look hot. I can't really talk for the leathers & pink (pink & purple have been 2 of the gayest fads in rap by the way, lol)...but Patches had been pretty hot through the Mecca clothing line during the early 1990s; around the time Larry Johnson was a star on the Charlotte Hornets. I had a NBA patch pair of pants...the season when the Hornets won their first playoff series (and I know that was waaaay before Dipset was formed).

Busta Rhymes - 1st to try at his own clothing with bushi = NO...
Actually No...I made a thread about this, so I'll try to find it. But, I know Naughty By Nature had Naughty-Wear in the early 1990s. Also, Wu-Wear started in the mid-90's as well.

Wu-Tang intoduce gold fronts to the east coast - My fav group, but NO...
I made a thread about Gold Grills as well -- MANY rappers out of Houston had Gold grills since the early 1990s. Nas can been seen with his as early as 1992. Older than that, vets like Slick Rick all had them in NY when they weren't big yet.

Puffy - introduced rap to white gold, platinum, bentleys, & rolls royces - I can't argue too much with that. At the time, when Bad Boy started it's hayday...Puffy/Biggie made it the trend that if a Billboard/RIAA Platinum plague is more worthy/successful than Gold, then we should be wearing platinum/not gold. As for the luxury sh*t...Bentleys, Royces, Helicopters, etc...yea, it was the East's way of competing with the violence-filled gangster rap of Cali --- so I'd give the props to Bad Boy, Dame/JayZ, and JD/So So Def, for all glamourizing the luxury sh*t at around the same time.

Not sure but - Usher got n*ggas drinkin patron = NO...
First off Patron's company wasn't established until 1989, and didn't start shipping nationally until 1991. I know Patron was a huge thing overseas and in the (mostly Asian) market of San Francisco before modern times. In the 90's Tim Westwood would sip it on his show; and various UK rappers like Dizzee Rascal & Solaar would talk about it in their raps. I know alot of the old school Latino/Chicano/La Raza rappers from Cali/Texas were big on it too (like Kid Frost, Gerardo, South Park Mexicans, etc) No clue by me either who made it big here on the East Coast tho.

....My best advice yall...is to do some researching and learn the history.

Last edited by DoctorJ; 09-02-2008 at 08:00 AM..
 9 years ago '05        #20
LBoogie2122 20 heat pts20 OP
space
space
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^damn you must be an old a.ss man im 27 tho you have good points let me correct you on some things, and simmer down homie sound a little mad for the net especially an older cat

doctorj:
Alot of the rappers of the 1990's that got Gold Chains & A Mohawk for short times were all HUGELY influenced by Mr. T. Even nowdays various singers/rappers have had mohawks before Berg. (Big Daddy Kane, Common, old school Proof, Diddy, Timbaland, all 3 members of Playa, Mike Shinoda, Kanye West, The Game, Chris Brown, etc-etc).

but the point of it is, did mr-t puffy or all the n*ggas you mention have masses of non-white kids wearing mohawks to the club? or was the cat singing on the s3xy lady video that inspires millions of kids today?

about jay-z labeling m-class benzez as baby mama benzez:
doctorj:
If yall would remember correctly since Volume 1, he was actually teaching cats the difference between Benzies and their price. At the time (especially in the mid-90s); the car to cop was a Lexus; and he made it COOL to go with a Benz instead.

but were not talking about rocking a benz as opposed to rocking a lexus, were talking about rockin an m-class benz compared to an s or cl class benz, pay attention my man

is lil wayne the reason all these n*ggas got dreads? = NO...
doctorj:
Not even close...First off - ALOT of the island reggae & dancehall singers made that REALLLY popular in the 70's. Then, in rap, especially alot of grimey NY rappers worked the dreads into the mainstream in the late 1980s. Groups like Das Efx, Arrested Development, Digital Underground, Boot Camp Clik, etc-etc - all rocked dreads.

calm down man if you were payin attention it was a question, mase had n*ggas rockin waves, d'angelo had em rockin braids so why not? think about it like this homie, you agree with what i say about puffy bringing bentleys to hip-hop, so did he invent the bentley? hasent it been around since before puff was born? so in that aspect who is to say lil wayne isnt the reason alot of n*ggas gettin dreads all of a sudden

Doctorj:
Dipset stay makin trends yet - Jeff hamilton sports leathers, patches, rockin pink, flashy beltbuckels, rockstar look, tight a.ss jeans, wallet chain etc.
First off it's called the 'Rock Star' look because it was glomorized by Rock Stars of the early 1980's. Bruce Springsteen, The Police, etc-etc made that look hot. I can't really talk for the leathers & pink (pink & purple have been 2 of the gayest fads in rap by the way, lol)...but Patches had been pretty hot through the Mecca clothing line during the early 1990s; around the time Larry Johnson was a star on the Charlotte Hornets. I had a NBA patch pair of pants...the season when the Hornets won their first playoff series (and I know that was waaaay before Dipset was formed).

your actually saying that dipset did not have n*ggas in the millions rockin this sh*t? im not talkin a n*gga here, a n*gga there, im talkin every n*gga that walks down the street nowadays? bruce springstein did that? wow, i mean i dont dress like that but damn........so cam didnt have n*ggas rockin pink either? lol how about kwame and polka dots? so he didnt do that too? i know alot of n*ggas hate dipset but give respect where its due, n*ggas love them to death

[

Wu-Tang intoduce gold fronts to the east coast - My fav group, but NO...

Doctorj
I made a thread about Gold Grills as well -- MANY rappers out of Houston had Gold grills since the early 1990s. Nas can been seen with his as early as 1992. Older than that, vets like Slick Rick all had them in NY when they weren't big yet.

were not talkin about the west and the south we talkin about the east, new york my man you from here? new york not really known for that, and growin up in new york i can tell you from experience that it wasent no fu*kin nas that had n*ggas wearin fronts out here, sorry

Puffy - introduced rap to white gold, platinum, bentleys, & rolls royces Doctorj- I can't argue too much with that. At the time, when Bad Boy started it's hayday...Puffy/Biggie made it the trend that if a Billboard/RIAA Platinum plague is more worthy/successful than Gold, then we should be wearing platinum/not gold. As for the luxury sh*t...Bentleys, Royces, Helicopters, etc...yea, it was the East's way of competing with the violence-filled gangster rap of Cali --- so I'd give the props to Bad Boy, Dame/JayZ, and JD/So So Def, for all glamourizing the luxury sh*t at around the same time.

doctor j:
Not sure but - Usher got n*ggas drinkin patron = NO...
First off Patron's company wasn't established until 1989, and didn't start shipping nationally until 1991. I know Patron was a huge thing overseas and in the (mostly Asian) market of San Francisco before modern times. In the 90's Tim Westwood would sip it on his show; and various UK rappers like Dizzee Rascal & Solaar would talk about it in their raps. I know alot of the old school Latino/Chicano/La Raza rappers from Cali/Texas were big on it too (like Kid Frost, Gerardo, South Park Mexicans, etc) No clue by me either who made it big here on the East Coast tho.

lol are you for real my man? 3 questions i wanna ask you

1. tell me that any one of them n*ggas you mention got all these cats fiedin for patron in the club today, have you been to the club lately my man?

2. if you yourself dont kno who started the latest trend.......then why are you saying usher didnt start it?

im sorry man but who made you a mod? your arguments arent even valid no offense but i think you need to take a seat in the old folks hip-hop section im were talkin within the 90's/2000 genre if you havent noticed

Last edited by LBoogie2122; 09-02-2008 at 06:40 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside trust a big butt and smile
43 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
40 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Bron and the Cavs been on they sh-t since ...
31 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
77 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
86 comments
18 hours ago