Official Florida Vs. Miami(FL) Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
145 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
71 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
39 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Whats the outcome?
I need to shut the fukk up 3 9.38%
Gators will Crush em 14 43.75%
Hurricanes in a close one 15 46.88%
Voters: 32. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '05        #41
MATIX 
space
space
$7,986 | Props total: 66 66
i dont even like the gators but they will crush the tropical storms.
 9 years ago '05        #42
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,049 | Props total: 6947 6947
 K-Train said:
Don't get carried away.

and those OSU dudes can run its just that the Big ten is a power/strength conference. If I remembered the links to the 40 times you would see for yourself.
40 times don't mean sh*t, they don't play like that Florida speed...most of that competion in Ohio is a bunch of white guys :greetings10: (Ohio is the most overrated HS football state)

Last edited by Junior G; 09-02-2008 at 06:36 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #43
madness 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
$13,018 | Props total: 2910 2910
coop and baby james need to have the game of their lives, and keep pounding the gators up the middles with the rock to keep the clock running and keep the tebow and company off the field. the lower scoring the game is, the better chance miami has of winning. and i know florida's gonna stack the box to make marve beat them, so the opportunities for big plays in the air will be there. one of the young guys has to step up, whether it's aldarius johnson, travis benjamin, laron byrd....anyone.

and on defense make sure tacklers wrap up those squirmy lil fu*kers on florida
 9 years ago '06        #44
O Nasty 96 heat pts96
space
space
$20,419 | Props total: 288 288
 Junior G said:
40 times don't mean sh*t, they don't play like that Florida speed...most of that competion in Ohio is a bunch of white guys :greetings10: (Ohio is the most overrated HS football state)
Dumb nuggas
 9 years ago '08        #45
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,634 | Props total: 2107 2107
 O_nasty said:
Dumb nuggas
F*ck you mean, everything he said was true?
 09-02-2008, 08:26 PM         #46
Bezerk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sooooo UF are 21.5 point favorites........
 9 years ago '05        #47
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
 Bezerk said:
I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Gators are supposed to be national title contenders, Miami isn't even thought to be challenging for the ACC this year
 9 years ago '04        #48
1000bluntz 
space
space
$17,311 | Props total: 11346 11346
Percy feels fast and very, very strong

Percy Harvin is feeling fast. Really fast. He’s also feeling very strong. Really, really strong. He is also one good practice away from being declared fit and ready to play his first college football game of the season, which is a good thing for the Florida Gators and maybe not such a good thing for the Miami Hurricanes.

Harvin’s road to recovery from heel surgery is right on track and after two days of practice at full speed including full contact on “Bloody Tuesday” he knows he’s close to getting back on the field again. Harvin hasn’t been held out of any drills or any scrimmaging the last two days so he knows he’s getting close to game ready.

“I feel like I’m going to play and if I keep progressing like this I’m definitely going to play,” said Harvin, who didn’t play in last Saturday’s season opener when the Gators beat Hawaii, 56-10.

Florida coach Urban Meyer sounded very optimistic about Harvin when he talked with the media after Tuesday’s practice.

“You need to have a good Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday,” said Meyer. “He’s had a good Monday, Tuesday. I’ll have to see tomorrow but if he comes out tomorrow and lets it rip … “

This isn’t the skinny Percy Harvin that arrived on the Florida campus a couple of summers ago. Even at 185, Harvin was impressive as a freshman when he was a vital offensive cog in the Gators’ national championship team. He was about five pounds heavier last year as a sophomore when he ran for 764 yards (9.2 per carry) and caught passes for 858 yards (14.5 yards per catch). For his Florida career, Harvin has 1,192 rushing yards (9.6 average per carry) and 1,285 receiving yards (13.8 per catch).

If he can stay healthy the rest of the year, it’s entirely possible that Harvin could become the first 1,000-1,000 player in the history of the Southeastern Conference --- that’s 1,000 rushing yards and 1,000 pass receiving yards in the same year.

That could happen because there’s a solid 202 pounds stretched over his 5-11 frame. The extra muscle has him feeling like he can run with power that he’s never had.

“[I’m feeling] really strong,” said Harvin. “I think that’s one of the reasons I feel faster because I feel like I’m running with power instead of just running.”

Meyer likes what he’s seeing.

“He’s over 200 pounds and benching 400,” said Florida coach Urban Meyer after Tuesday’s practice. “That’s a powerful guy.”

The heel surgery was necessary because Harvin was constantly nagged by tendonitis in his Achilles heel and his hip. Doctors examined him and determined that he should have a new type of surgery that has proven successful although it hasn’t been attempted many times.

Instead of having the surgery at Shands, Harvin went to North Carolina where team doctor Pete Indelicato worked with a surgeon that had performed the surgery before.

“They drilled some holes and shaved the bone,” said Harvin. “It was pretty nasty.”

The rehabilitation was a slow process. Doctors and trainers brought Harvin along on a steady schedule. They never pushed him too hard and stuck to the schedule even when Harvin was feeling well.

Harvin says the rehab process moved along without any setbacks.

“There weren’t any setbacks,” said Harvin. “I wasn’t supposed to start running until about mid-August. We’ve been on a schedule. We didn’t speed it up; we didn’t slow it down. We just stayed with what the doctor told us and what the trainers said it should be. I was jogging pretty good and running pretty good but the trainers had the mindset that they were going to go with the schedule they had. Whether I was running good or not, we were on schedule.”

There was always that temptation to play him in the opener against Hawaii, but the choice was made to stay on schedule.

“We just went with how I felt and we didn’t feel last week that I was good to go so I sat out,” said Harvin. “This week we’ll take it one day at a time.”

Although the rehab process might have progressed at a slow but steady pace, Harvin’s strength program has moved along rapidly. It’s obvious that he’s ripped these days and in retrospect, he thinks that maybe the surgery was a really good thing in more ways than one. Not only should he be free of the tendonitis that has caused him to miss games the past two seasons, but he should be faster, stronger and able to contribute more to the Gators.

“I got a chance to do some of the things I haven’t been able to do which is to keep weight on and get bigger and stronger and I’ve been able to do that so I’m looking at it as a blessing in disguise,” he said. “Everything happens for a reason. I sat out and the whole time we kept saying that I had to get bigger and here came the surgery and I got bigger. I’m back running fast. I have no problems with what happened.”

He says he was proud of young running backs like Chris Rainey and Jeff Demps, who stepped up in his place and carried the football for long touchdowns against Hawaii. With Harvin joining Rainey and Demps in some of Florida’s multiple offensive sets along with Heisman Trophy quarterback Tim Tebow and fast wide receivers like Louis Murphy, Deonte Thompson and Riley Cooper, it might be appropriate to call the Florida offense “The Electric Company.”

There’s no doubt there will be electricity in the air when you see any combination of those players on the field for the Gators. It’s going to be a dilemma for defensive coordinators. With all that speed, you have to double someone, but who?

“Just take your best shot and hope the play wasn’t designed to go to the one you double teamed,” said Harvin.

Asked what he would do if he was an opposing defensive coordinator and he saw that lineup, Harvin grinned and responded, “I’m calling time out if I’m the coach.”
 9 years ago '07        #49
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17 OP
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
 Bezerk said:

BoSox84 said:
I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Gators are supposed to be national title contenders, Miami isn't even thought to be challenging for the ACC this year
:mamoru2:
 09-03-2008, 11:04 AM         #50
Bezerk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 1000bluntz said:
Percy feels fast and very, very strong

Percy Harvin is feeling fast. Really fast. He’s also feeling very strong. Really, really strong. He is also one good practice away from being declared fit and ready to play his first college football game of the season, which is a good thing for the Florida Gators and maybe not such a good thing for the Miami Hurricanes.

Harvin’s road to recovery from heel surgery is right on track and after two days of practice at full speed including full contact on “Bloody Tuesday” he knows he’s close to getting back on the field again. Harvin hasn’t been held out of any drills or any scrimmaging the last two days so he knows he’s getting close to game ready.

“I feel like I’m going to play and if I keep progressing like this I’m definitely going to play,” said Harvin, who didn’t play in last Saturday’s season opener when the Gators beat Hawaii, 56-10.

Florida coach Urban Meyer sounded very optimistic about Harvin when he talked with the media after Tuesday’s practice.

“You need to have a good Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday,” said Meyer. “He’s had a good Monday, Tuesday. I’ll have to see tomorrow but if he comes out tomorrow and lets it rip … “

This isn’t the skinny Percy Harvin that arrived on the Florida campus a couple of summers ago. Even at 185, Harvin was impressive as a freshman when he was a vital offensive cog in the Gators’ national championship team. He was about five pounds heavier last year as a sophomore when he ran for 764 yards (9.2 per carry) and caught passes for 858 yards (14.5 yards per catch). For his Florida career, Harvin has 1,192 rushing yards (9.6 average per carry) and 1,285 receiving yards (13.8 per catch).

If he can stay healthy the rest of the year, it’s entirely possible that Harvin could become the first 1,000-1,000 player in the history of the Southeastern Conference --- that’s 1,000 rushing yards and 1,000 pass receiving yards in the same year.

That could happen because there’s a solid 202 pounds stretched over his 5-11 frame. The extra muscle has him feeling like he can run with power that he’s never had.

“[I’m feeling] really strong,” said Harvin. “I think that’s one of the reasons I feel faster because I feel like I’m running with power instead of just running.”

Meyer likes what he’s seeing.

“He’s over 200 pounds and benching 400,” said Florida coach Urban Meyer after Tuesday’s practice. “That’s a powerful guy.”

The heel surgery was necessary because Harvin was constantly nagged by tendonitis in his Achilles heel and his hip. Doctors examined him and determined that he should have a new type of surgery that has proven successful although it hasn’t been attempted many times.

Instead of having the surgery at Shands, Harvin went to North Carolina where team doctor Pete Indelicato worked with a surgeon that had performed the surgery before.

“They drilled some holes and shaved the bone,” said Harvin. “It was pretty nasty.”

The rehabilitation was a slow process. Doctors and trainers brought Harvin along on a steady schedule. They never pushed him too hard and stuck to the schedule even when Harvin was feeling well.

Harvin says the rehab process moved along without any setbacks.

“There weren’t any setbacks,” said Harvin. “I wasn’t supposed to start running until about mid-August. We’ve been on a schedule. We didn’t speed it up; we didn’t slow it down. We just stayed with what the doctor told us and what the trainers said it should be. I was jogging pretty good and running pretty good but the trainers had the mindset that they were going to go with the schedule they had. Whether I was running good or not, we were on schedule.”

There was always that temptation to play him in the opener against Hawaii, but the choice was made to stay on schedule.

“We just went with how I felt and we didn’t feel last week that I was good to go so I sat out,” said Harvin. “This week we’ll take it one day at a time.”

Although the rehab process might have progressed at a slow but steady pace, Harvin’s strength program has moved along rapidly. It’s obvious that he’s ripped these days and in retrospect, he thinks that maybe the surgery was a really good thing in more ways than one. Not only should he be free of the tendonitis that has caused him to miss games the past two seasons, but he should be faster, stronger and able to contribute more to the Gators.

“I got a chance to do some of the things I haven’t been able to do which is to keep weight on and get bigger and stronger and I’ve been able to do that so I’m looking at it as a blessing in disguise,” he said. “Everything happens for a reason. I sat out and the whole time we kept saying that I had to get bigger and here came the surgery and I got bigger. I’m back running fast. I have no problems with what happened.”

He says he was proud of young running backs like Chris Rainey and Jeff Demps, who stepped up in his place and carried the football for long touchdowns against Hawaii. With Harvin joining Rainey and Demps in some of Florida’s multiple offensive sets along with Heisman Trophy quarterback Tim Tebow and fast wide receivers like Louis Murphy, Deonte Thompson and Riley Cooper, it might be appropriate to call the Florida offense “The Electric Company.”

There’s no doubt there will be electricity in the air when you see any combination of those players on the field for the Gators. It’s going to be a dilemma for defensive coordinators. With all that speed, you have to double someone, but who?

“Just take your best shot and hope the play wasn’t designed to go to the one you double teamed,” said Harvin.

Asked what he would do if he was an opposing defensive coordinator and he saw that lineup, Harvin grinned and responded, “I’m calling time out if I’m the coach.”
That's pretty much a terribly written article and some homer a.ss sh*t...
"He's feeling fast"
 9 years ago '05        #51
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
So it's safe to tag the guy as injury prone now correct? Cuz I don't think I've gone one week of college football without hearing about some kind of injury he has.
 9 years ago '07        #52
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17 OP
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
 BoSox84 said:
So it's safe to tag the guy as injury prone now correct? Cuz I don't think I've gone one week of college football without hearing about some kind of injury he has.
Wudnt say prone unless you count Severe Migranes...but he has a Ankle problem that u shud know never goes away
 9 years ago '04        #53
1000bluntz 
space
space
 Bezerk said:
That's pretty much a terribly written article and some homer a.ss sh*t...
"He's feeling fast"
I didn't write the sh*t. It's not the best written and is obviously from a Gator site but it's real words from Percy about his injury, something we haven't seen in a while.

Although they have said that Percy didn't look as good today as he did yesterday. Heard he wasn't 100% today. It could be coach talk. I think he'll be fine for the game. Spikes looked good today.

Last edited by 1000bluntz; 09-03-2008 at 08:28 PM..
 9 years ago '05        #54
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,049 | Props total: 6947 6947
Louis Murphy is a bum a.ss n*gga that's why he at FU...if we offered he'd be a Nole.

What would happen if he gets a scholarship offer from FSU?

"I would go. I couldn't turn it down," Murphy said.
silly goose
 9 years ago '04        #55
1000bluntz 
space
space
Yeah Louis Murphy has certainly proved what sh*tty a.ss player he is the last couple years. Sure he made some comments about Miami but if y'all think he isn't a good WR you're fu*king fooling yourself. I'd rather have Murphy right now than any WR on FSU or Miami. Notice I said RIGHT NOW. I know Miami got some talent now but it'll take a bit before anybody on that team is on Murphy's current level.

It's funny how they are trying to use Patchan's comments against him when Shannon encouraged those comments in the first place. Remember him telling the recruits to go up to the players and say they were coming to take their jobs? Now he's trying to use that as motivation? Sorry that's pathetic.

Last edited by 1000bluntz; 09-03-2008 at 10:48 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #56
madness 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
 1000bluntz said:
Yeah Louis Murphy has certainly proved what sh*tty a.ss player he is the last couple years. Sure he made some comments about Miami but if y'all think he isn't a good WR you're fu*king fooling yourself. I'd rather have Murphy right now than any WR on FSU or Miami. Notice I said RIGHT NOW. I know Miami got some talent now but it'll take a bit before anybody on that team is on Murphy's current level.
preston parker >> murphy louis or louis murphy or whatever the fu*k his name is
 9 years ago '05        #57
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
damn i hope this hurricane dont fu*k this weekend up
 9 years ago '04        #58
1000bluntz 
space
space
 madness said:
preston parker >> murphy louis or louis murphy or whatever the fu*k his name is
Maybe Preston is better, he's a better runner but I don't know if he's a better pure receiver than Murphy. I'm sure Murphy will have at least 1 TD against you f*g**ts. Y'all are acting like the dude is a bum when he's obviously a good player. I'm sure you'd be happy had Miami been smart enough to offer him years ago when he really wanted to be a Cane. He'd probably be terrible like Lance Leggett was had he gone to Miami, though. As it is Murphy will be drafted into the NFL at least.
 9 years ago '04        #59
madness 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
 1000bluntz said:
Maybe Preston is better, he's a better runner but I don't know if he's a better pure receiver than Murphy. I'm sure Murphy will have at least 1 TD against you f*g**ts. Y'all are acting like the dude is a bum when he's obviously a good player. I'm sure you'd be happy had Miami been smart enough to offer him years ago when he really wanted to be a Cane. He'd probably be terrible like Lance Leggett was had he gone to Miami, though. As it is Murphy will be drafted into the NFL at least.
if larry coker, one of the worst talent evaluators ever, doesnt see any potential in you then youve failed
 9 years ago '04        #60
1000bluntz 
space
space
 madness said:
if larry coker, one of the worst talent evaluators ever, doesnt see any potential in you then youve failed
Yeah and if you don't see that Murphy is a pretty good player you fail to see talent. I don't care who you are the kid is a good WR. Not saying he's an AA or anything but he's very good. Y'all are crazy.

fu*k these hurricanes, I'm getting sick of hurricane season already....November hurry up. Ike is gonna wipe Florida out I have a bad feeling, sh*t will be the worst storm since Katrina. Hopefully that motherfu*ker stays south of Florida. I'll be praying.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
24 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA JR Smith passes Kobe for 12th all-time in 3 pointers made
52 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
4 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy