Aug 31 - Robin Thicke Denied Cover Over Race

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
116 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
60 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
101 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
60 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-02-2008, 08:22 PM         #81
tweedle- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mysonne said:
Yeah must of been tough for you whites having to drink out of those white only fountains and having all the mexcians and black take all of your lower tax jobs. Oh your both in the UK you don't really know sh*t about what goes in the USA except what you read, carry on.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Youre a fool. Can you not keep to the discussion at hand? Isit really that hard?

What year do you think this is? 1935? Its 2008, go and find me a fountain where only a white man can drink out of cause Id love to see it.

Did I say anything about America? Did I say anything about race issues in America? Did I even mention America? No.

They didnt put him on the cover because of his skin colour. That there, is racism. No he wasnt lynched or made a slave or made to sit at the back of a bus or whatever but that doesnt change the fact that he was discriminated against because of his skin colour, which happens to be white.
 09-02-2008, 08:31 PM         #82
Blue Cartwright 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

The gauntlet has been thrown down: MAKE HITS!!!!!! THEN U GET COVER!!!!!

Plus, stans, "hits" are not YOUR favorite songs.

His only hit was "Lost Without You".
 09-02-2008, 09:36 PM         #83
pr0pheteyez 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mega_soulstar said:
who reads vibe??????
my question exactly..

thicke is dope, vibe is garbage, 'nuff said
 9 years ago '04        #84
bigboi2006 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,299 | Props total: 8 8
I'm reading the responses of all the people saying he was complaining and blah blah blah and I'm just thinking that none of you actually read what he said. He just took it as another rejection. Home boy had to f!ght just to show he wasn't just another TV actor's child mooching off of their parent's success. And who the hell gives 2 sh*ts in a barn about Vibe magazine. Ya'll are talking about Raheem and others not getting the cover and performing on the mainstage at the Essence Fest but Thicke has been doing stuff behinds the scenes for years. A checkbook didn't help him get on Mary's tour. If you didn't know he actually wrote and produced for her. Dude has written and produced for Usher, Mya, Michael Jackson, Brandy... Robin has been putting his work in for many years to get to where he's at right now.

Last edited by bigboi2006; 09-03-2008 at 02:52 AM..
 09-03-2008, 04:50 AM         #85
jataylorlfc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 carltouss619 said:
whats nme? Man it don't matter when this type of sh*t happens say a million more times, then come back and talk to me. One time it happened, and at the end of the day he is white, and I doubt this will effect his sales. And Vibe? Who cares about vibe.
a music magazine (something u read).

and? imagine a black man was turned down from a magazine cover and the reason given (the actual reason) was that he was black. there would be uproar.

yes, youve recognised what race he is, well done, i dont see how that should have any bearing on a response to the story, unless you have a double standard, which u clearly do.

again you and mysonne have already exposed yourselves for what you are.
 09-03-2008, 04:55 AM         #86
jataylorlfc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 pants40 said:
.Please do not confuse "preservation" with "discrimination" Please recognize ALL of the advantages that your skin color has afforded your career and ADMIT that they have outweighed the disadvantages. Please admit that most acts don't sell 50k on their debut album and get a second chance on a major label. Please admit that (thanks in part to Jimmy Iovine's checkbook) you've opened for India.Arie, Keyshia Cole, Mary J. Blige and HOST of other black acts that gave you a CHANCE to be heard and as a result their fans became your fans. Please realize that you've played the MAINSTAGE at Essence Music Festival, something Anthony Hamilton, Rahsaan Patterson, Dwele & Bilal have NEVER done. Robin, you didn't make the cover of Vibe. Sorry. Many BLACK acts have never made the cover of Vibe too. They might be even more disappointed than you though, because Vibe is one of the FEW publications out there that champions black music and they KNOW that they won't have the opportunity to appear in some of the "mainstream" magazines in which you've been prominently featured.
it seems you are doing exactly that.

i dont get your point, so because he has benefited (according to you because of his race, with no evidence to support this) he shouldnt complain about blatant racism?

its like getting a job through affirmative action, then being told u cant complain about some1 calling you a n***** because your skin colour helped you to get that job.
 9 years ago '06        #87
elmonto 
space
space
$5,413 | Props total: 2 2
 mt fuji said:
quite sure that the magazine is owned by a white man(or a TI if u will)
i thought quincy jones owned it
 9 years ago '04        #88
Big War|M 
space
space
$14,181 | Props total: 1068 1068
^^^he does, that dude is just talking out his a.ss...
 9 years ago '05        #89
HUDA2daF 2 heat pts
space
space
$14,530 | Props total: 7656 7656
 Thepeoplerunnin said:
this is why we vote for Obama in nov....

CHANGE?
wtf does that have to do with the article
 9 years ago '07        #90
pretty t 1 heat pts
space
space
$205 | Props total: 0 0
 pants40 said:
Please do not confuse "preservation" with "discrimination". Please recognize ALL of the advantages that your skin color has afforded your career and ADMIT that they have outweighed the disadvantages. Please admit that most acts don't sell 50k on their debut album and get a second chance on a major label. Please admit that (thanks in part to Jimmy Iovine's checkbook) you've opened for India.Arie, Keyshia Cole, Mary J. Blige and HOST of other black acts that gave you a CHANCE to be heard and as a result their fans became your fans. Please realize that you've played the MAINSTAGE at Essence Music Festival, something Anthony Hamilton, Rahsaan Patterson, Dwele & Bilal have NEVER done. Robin, you didn't make the cover of Vibe. Sorry. Many BLACK acts have never made the cover of Vibe too. They might be even more disappointed than you though, because Vibe is one of the FEW publications out there that champions black music and they KNOW that they won't have the opportunity to appear in some of the "mainstream" magazines in which you've been prominently featured.
Your backward as fu*k thinking like that.........."Preservation" as you stated is straight discrimination. Im black and glad someone so narrow minded as yourself is only posting on a forum with people ignorant enough to agree with you. MLK would bi*ch slap the fu*k out of you for saying some sh*t like that. Do your research, Thicke was a journeyman in the music game, he was never handed anything for free. He ain't no wack a.ss Solange eating off his relatives. They definitley ain't "preserving" sh*t when they put Gwen Stefani on there cover. People like you need to go back and study real black leaders, not wack a.ss dudes like Jesse jackson and AL Sharpton cause saying sh*t like that makes me think that people are starting to buy into what those 2 say.
 9 years ago '07        #91
carltouss619 8 heat pts
space
space
$9,336 | Props total: 403 403
 jataylorlfc said:
a music magazine (something u read).

and? imagine a black man was turned down from a magazine cover and the reason given (the actual reason) was that he was black. there would be uproar.

yes, youve recognised what race he is, well done, i dont see how that should have any bearing on a response to the story, unless you have a double standard, which u clearly do.

again you and mysonne have already exposed yourselves for what you are.
O thanks I didn't know that you read magazines. I always that you just use pages to put gum that ran out of flavor in.

Last edited by carltouss619; 09-03-2008 at 08:27 PM..
 9 years ago '07        #92
carltouss619 8 heat pts
space
space
 pretty t said:

Your backward as fu*k thinking like that.........."Preservation" as you stated is straight discrimination. Im black and glad someone so narrow minded as yourself is only posting on a forum with people ignorant enough to agree with you. MLK would bi*ch slap the fu*k out of you for saying some sh*t like that. Do your research, Thicke was a journeyman in the music game, he was never handed anything for free. He ain't no wack a.ss Solange eating off his relatives. They definitley ain't "preserving" sh*t when they put Gwen Stefani on there cover. People like you need to go back and study real black leaders, not wack a.ss dudes like Jesse jackson and AL Sharpton cause saying sh*t like that makes me think that people are starting to buy into what those 2 say.
You sure MLK would be bi*ch slapping someone, you sure its not the other way around?
 9 years ago '07        #93
pretty t 1 heat pts
space
space
$205 | Props total: 0 0
 carltouss619 said:
You sure MLK would be bi*ch slapping someone, you sure its not the other way around?
It's figurative, not literal. He definitely wouldn't condone what that other dude said. MLK would be rolling in his grave if he heard this, is that better
 9 years ago '07        #94
carltouss619 8 heat pts
space
space
 pretty t said:
It's figurative, not literal. He definitely wouldn't condone what that other dude said. MLK would be rolling in his grave if he heard this, is that better
What was so wrong about what he said?
 9 years ago '05        #95
b_eazy 61 heat pts61
space
space
$17,698 | Props total: 2335 2335
 bigboi2006 said:

[pic - click to view]

VIBE lost
I wonder if Pharrell ever got up inside Gwen Stefani?

I know I'd attempt if I was that nig, even though she married
 9 years ago '04        #96
Big War|M 
space
space
$14,181 | Props total: 1068 1068
^probably not, Pharrell seems like a douche in person...
 09-04-2008, 04:34 AM         #97
jataylorlfc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 carltouss619 said:
O thanks I didn't know that you read magazines. I always that you just use pages to put gum that ran out of flavor in.
nice response :greetings10:
 09-04-2008, 05:00 AM         #98
morenaso 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Quincy Jones should be ashamed of himself for that sh*t. I think he still owns it.
 09-04-2008, 06:50 PM         #99
moneymitchy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
why can this guy get the cover and not robin?

9 years ago '07        #100
Jeet Kune Do 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,069 | Props total: 1841 1841
fu*k vibe
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
75 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
79 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
70 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
296 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
1 day ago