most viewed right now
NBA What’s waiting for LiAngelo and LaMelo Ball in Lithuania
60 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
195 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #61
Pipe-Layer 
space
space
$2,263 | Props total: 0 0
I haven't read Vibe in over 2yrs..Forgot all about it.
 09-02-2008, 06:09 AM         #62
jataylorlfc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mysonne said:
Yeah must of been tough for you whites having to drink out of those white only fountains and having all the mexcians and black take all of your lower tax jobs. Oh your both in the UK you don't really know sh*t about what goes in the USA except what you read, carry on.
and how is that in any way relative to the discussion, like ive already said to some1 else "stop whimpering about other peoples suffering, u poof."

u said that this wasnt really racism, that it was some sort of white daftness. i tried explaining why it was the definition of racism and u brought up the fact that i used to be banned from parks and schools.

and im sure you would be willing to talk about how good white people have historically had it compared to black people, while knowing nothing about the history of either "people".

Dont you know jataylor, only black people can be discriminated against. This is common knowledge.
i know sometimes my pea brained ignorance lets me down.
 9 years ago '06        #63
elmonto 
space
space
$5,413 | Props total: 2 2
damn thats f*cked up
 09-02-2008, 10:31 AM         #64
Blue Cartwright 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Tell Robin Thicke to start making some hits, THEN he can gripe about the

cover. Dude only mainstream hit was "Lost Without You".

Timberlake > Robin Thicke.
 9 years ago '06        #65
traxdadon 
space
space
space
$894 | Props total: 13 13
dude makes good music his 2 LP's are full of hits not just Lost without you ... he should've been on the cover...
 9 years ago '06        #66
BlackandGifted 17 heat pts17
space
space
$24,431 | Props total: 788 788
How does this matter other races are always denied things, is it because hes the magic man gtfo
 9 years ago '04        #67
KoKen 5 heat pts
space
space
$898 | Props total: 69 69
jaytaylor if people didnt care about other people's suffering then black people would still be slaves right about now

And as for Robin Thicke its a publication aimed at the black demographic its called MARKETING not racism, its exactly the same as teen magazines saying to an older actress no we dont put older actresses on the cover just younger ones. At the end of the day its a fact black people don't have as many publications and sh*t in general as whites so when we buy a magazine dedicated to our culture we're more likely going to buy the one that has a black artist on it and in it because thats our people. Another thing is why is he even asking for a cover... you get OFFERED the cover because you deserve it like Em did when he got his first covers on XXL and the source etc. I think if Thicke was the biggest thing in RnB right now as in the demand was too great he would have got it cos Vibe put Stefani on the cover when she was poppin so stop with the reverse racism sh*t
 9 years ago '07        #68
Eddie..|M 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$18,078 | Props total: 1522 1522
 Blue Cartwright said:
Thicke not even big enough to be on Vibe magazine.

Dude just had ONE hit- "Lost Without You".

uhhh I don't think so.

You lose.
 09-02-2008, 12:53 PM         #69
TooThrowed 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Thicke just gained a lot of respect from me. I like how he went about the whole situation. I like the fact that he didn't expect them to be as open-minded as himself, and yet he still went about it casually. Btw...fu*k Vibe
 09-02-2008, 02:38 PM         #70
jataylorlfc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KoKen said:
jaytaylor if people didnt care about other people's suffering then black people would still be slaves right about now

And as for Robin Thicke its a publication aimed at the black demographic its called MARKETING not racism, its exactly the same as teen magazines saying to an older actress no we dont put older actresses on the cover just younger ones. At the end of the day its a fact black people don't have as many publications and sh*t in general as whites so when we buy a magazine dedicated to our culture we're more likely going to buy the one that has a black artist on it and in it because thats our people. Another thing is why is he even asking for a cover... you get OFFERED the cover because you deserve it like Em did when he got his first covers on XXL and the source etc. I think if Thicke was the biggest thing in RnB right now as in the demand was too great he would have got it cos Vibe put Stefani on the cover when she was poppin so stop with the reverse racism sh*t
and? show me where i said people shouldnt care about others? im talking about that twat bringing up things HE never experienced as some sort of justification for modern day racism.
 9 years ago '05        #71
mega_soulstar 
space
space
$1,484 | Props total: 0 0
who reads vibe??????
 9 years ago '07        #72
carltouss619 8 heat pts
space
space
$9,336 | Props total: 403 403
 jataylorlfc said:
always u and mysonne.........

and so if a black artist, like pharell was told he couldnt be on the cover of nme for example because he was black that wouldnt be racism?

what the fu*k are u talking about
whats nme? Man it don't matter when this type of sh*t happens say a million more times, then come back and talk to me. One time it happened, and at the end of the day he is white, and I doubt this will effect his sales. And Vibe? Who cares about vibe.
 09-02-2008, 03:36 PM         #73
pants40 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If i'm not mistaken, his first album sold only 70,000, and he still got a second chance on a major label.
 9 years ago '04        #74
mt fuji 17 heat pts17
space
space
$11,378 | Props total: 463 463
quite sure that the magazine is owned by a white man(or a TI if u will)
 9 years ago '04        #75
GoldynChyld421 
space
space
space
$7,954 | Props total: 707 707
Everytime I say his name, I have to f!ght the urge to say "No Homo"

Anyway, he should start up his own magazine, and say "We don't allow black people on the cover, only black artist we'd have on the cover is the black dude from Gym Class Heroes" and see what happens :sick:
 9 years ago '04        #76
GoldynChyld421 
space
space
space
$7,954 | Props total: 707 707
And Robin only has 1 album, it's not like he's a superstar...

But I find this funny,

It says he won the VH1 Soul/Vibe Award for Breakthrough Artist of the Year?
 09-02-2008, 05:36 PM         #77
pants40 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Please do not confuse "preservation" with "discrimination". Please recognize ALL of the advantages that your skin color has afforded your career and ADMIT that they have outweighed the disadvantages. Please admit that most acts don't sell 50k on their debut album and get a second chance on a major label. Please admit that (thanks in part to Jimmy Iovine's checkbook) you've opened for India.Arie, Keyshia Cole, Mary J. Blige and HOST of other black acts that gave you a CHANCE to be heard and as a result their fans became your fans. Please realize that you've played the MAINSTAGE at Essence Music Festival, something Anthony Hamilton, Rahsaan Patterson, Dwele & Bilal have NEVER done. Robin, you didn't make the cover of Vibe. Sorry. Many BLACK acts have never made the cover of Vibe too. They might be even more disappointed than you though, because Vibe is one of the FEW publications out there that champions black music and they KNOW that they won't have the opportunity to appear in some of the "mainstream" magazines in which you've been prominently featured.
 9 years ago '07        #78
carltouss619 8 heat pts
space
space
$9,336 | Props total: 403 403
 pants40 said:
Please do not confuse "preservation" with "discrimination". Please recognize ALL of the advantages that your skin color has afforded your career and ADMIT that they have outweighed the disadvantages. Please admit that most acts don't sell 50k on their debut album and get a second chance on a major label. Please admit that (thanks in part to Jimmy Iovine's checkbook) you've opened for India.Arie, Keyshia Cole, Mary J. Blige and HOST of other black acts that gave you a CHANCE to be heard and as a result their fans became your fans. Please realize that you've played the MAINSTAGE at Essence Music Festival, something Anthony Hamilton, Rahsaan Patterson, Dwele & Bilal have NEVER done. Robin, you didn't make the cover of Vibe. Sorry. Many BLACK acts have never made the cover of Vibe too. They might be even more disappointed than you though, because Vibe is one of the FEW publications out there that champions black music and they KNOW that they won't have the opportunity to appear in some of the "mainstream" magazines in which you've been prominently featured.
well said
 9 years ago '06        #79
KillaTime87 
space
space
space
$142 | Props total: 1 1
Robin Thicke has had two albums A beautiful World and Evolution of Robin Thicke hes still more dope than most of these tired a.ss R&B singers his first album flopped and then he went platinum so obviolusy hes doin something right.

Robin Thicke>Sterling,Ray Lavender,Day26, ect

He also did some stuff on Ashanti's new album too..
 9 years ago '04        #80
deziking 80 heat pts80
space
space
$19,551 | Props total: 5158 5158
fu*k that n*gga, holla at his wife

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
46 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
42 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
218 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
56 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
322 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
139 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
191 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy