Do gangs provide protection to rappers for Advertising them?(Wayne,Birdman, ect)

most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
93 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
46 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Benzino Speaks On Joe Budden's Opinion Of Eminem's Music
71 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ralo (Fam Goon) Posting Throwback MoneyBaggYo Ether
37 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '06        #61
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,912 | Props total: 7613 7613
 123456 said:
it really depends....

i bet nobody on boxden knew that young berg was connected to the GDs and BDs in the chi . kinda funny thinking about it cause i barely knew young berg was from chicago til a few months ago

and you might all think that video is bullsh*t or something, but it's def for real cause young berg is cap-1's brother and cap-1 is a KNOWN GD in the southside of chicago. so if a weak garbage a.ss kid like him has people like that, then i'm sure a few others in the industry do too
Thats funny because the GDs and BDs on the south side aren't tight at all. The set that Bergs "twin brother" was throwing up most def dont get down with no GDs from my part of town.

Cap -1 is from the south suburbs a suburb where the red run it. Both them n*ggas berg and cap is fake in my book. Especially when Capone (from Capone and Noreaga) made Cap -one spell his name cap1.

Young Berg ain't gonna do sh*t unless he pays someone to help him. Berg is lame he didn't even go to high school in Chicago and as far as what Ive heard, dude ain't lived in Chicago since grade school when he was on DMXs label. Now he gets his corny chain snatched and he's a BD..... Berg shoulda left the hood sh*t alone and focused on his music which is gangster free.

As far as Wayne and Baby, I don't remember them being Bloods until Mack 10 joined the label.

When did Camron and the dipsets become Blood? 2001? 2003? Thats lame.

Paying a gang for protection or for a name drop is lame.
 9 years ago '07        #62
Bruce Leeroy 
space
space
$16,662 | Props total: 813 813
 mR ReZiW said:
someone get this n*gga a cheeseburger
 9 years ago '04        #63
DoctorJ|m 35 heat pts35
space
space
$4,967 | Props total: 210 210
"Treach has been running sh*t out here ever since."
You sure about that!? --- Especially me being from New York during that time...and having lots of fam in Jersey --- I'd personally like to see proof of that.

Even if you did half-assed research, you'd see according to his many auto-biographies online...here's things he's PROUD of, out of his own mouth:

>As a young kid both Treach & Vin Rock hung out with the 118th Street Posse. While never becoming a member, one of the leaders took Treach under his wing, and they did occasionally sell drums for them.
>By the 6th Grade of school, Treach (already a good poet) wanted to be a rapper, and started working with his mother to get poems published.
>He, Vin Rock, & Kay Gee all went to & met at the same high school (East Orange High School)
>At the time, Kay Gee was a grade ahead of them; so only Treach & Vin Rock started working together...primarily with Vinnie being a producer, and Treach being a rapper & dj.
>The first time all 3 performed together was senior talent show; and afterwards formed the group "The New Style".
>After graduation, Treach held a good job at good Grand Union warehouse for about 10 months (would perform nights with The New Style).
>At age 19, Treach was fired from his Grand Union job, and shortly later was arrested for drug selling. When his mother bailed him out, she said he was kicked out of the house.
>Treach went to live with Kay Gee; and to prove to his mother he wasn't a "lost soul" started doing charity/youth center work/being a strong proponent & speaker for birth control.
>In 1988, The New Styles got signed by Sylvia Robinson at Bon Ami Records. They released a 7-song EP, which failed to make a mark and was dropped by the label 1989.
>The group changed their name to "Naughty By Nature", recorded a new demo and went back to performing heavy. They were discovered by Queen Latifah, Shakim Campare, and Mark the 45 King...and were signed to Tommy Boy Records in 1990.
>Treach was quoted in the Spin magazine. "We were broke, but us 3 were good people. We didn't put our money into jewelry or cars or anything like that. We put it all into studio time. And, once we got signed, we totally cut [drug dealing] out completely. We had really intimidating mothers."
>Once Naughty By Nature, Treach came back to his mother, paid for her to goto/finish college and bought her a new home in New Brunswick, NJ.

With all that said...and me living in the area...I HIGHLY doubt Treach was "leader" of any gang. Not saying you're wrong, but most of that is from Treach's mouth himself. I'd really have to see some kind of proof to believe otherwise.

Last edited by DoctorJ; 09-02-2008 at 10:48 AM..
 09-02-2008, 11:42 AM         #64
GuttaMane618 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
REPRESENTIN UPTOWN ONLY ON THE RIGHT SIDE fu*kIN WIT THEM BLOODS NOW - Lil Wayne. this n*gga was supposed to be a vice lord at first
 9 years ago '04        #65
123456 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,273 | Props total: 273 273
 Kingme said:
Thats funny because the GDs and BDs on the south side aren't tight at all. The set that Bergs "twin brother" was throwing up most def dont get down with no GDs from my part of town.

Cap -1 is from the south suburbs a suburb where the red run it. Both them n*ggas berg and cap is fake in my book. Especially when Capone (from Capone and Noreaga) made Cap -one spell his name cap1.

Young Berg ain't gonna do sh*t unless he pays someone to help him. Berg is lame he didn't even go to high school in Chicago and as far as what Ive heard, dude ain't lived in Chicago since grade school when he was on DMXs label. Now he gets his corny chain snatched and he's a BD..... Berg shoulda left the hood sh*t alone and focused on his music which is gangster free.

As far as Wayne and Baby, I don't remember them being Bloods until Mack 10 joined the label.

see here's the thing....there's some GDs in that vid. example being Payroll. he's known to be a GD too but cap-1 def got street credit. now i never stayed at the southside but i figure BDs and GDs are cool wit eachother in some areas at least. "GDs vs BDs" aint set in stone everywhere. these days it aint even people & folks. everybody is on their own and they cool with whoever they wanna be cool with
 9 years ago '06        #66
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,912 | Props total: 7613 7613
 123456 said:
see here's the thing....there's some GDs in that vid. example being Payroll. he's known to be a GD too but cap-1 def got street credit. now i never stayed at the southside but i figure BDs and GDs are cool wit eachother in some areas at least. "GDs vs BDs" aint set in stone everywhere. these days it aint even people & folks. everybody is on their own and they cool with whoever they wanna be cool with
Cap -1 got street cred? I've never heard of him doing anything but rap. What did he do? Sell a few drugs? If Cap 1 is young Bergs brother shouldn't they at least be down with the same gang and rep the same hood? GDs and BDs are both folk but thats about it, they don't share territory. The beef most def isn't set in stone but thats not the point. My point is how does Cap 1 whom "claims" GD get beat up and then BDs make videos talkin about revenge? It just doesn't make sense to me. I don't believe Young Berg or Cap 1 they need more character witnesses.

Can you or someone else please tell me how Cap1 has street cred? Bump J from Chicago has more street cred then Cap 1.
 9 years ago '08        #67
slimdogg3325 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,871 | Props total: 719 719
 Kingme said:

u right. BDs and GDs dont get along and he not gettin that chain bac.

but cam dont claim that blood sh*t. that was always jimmy and gang.
 09-02-2008, 03:41 PM         #68
nelly > nas 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
.................................................. ..........
 9 years ago '07        #69
Bruce Leeroy 
space
space
 DoctorJ said:
You sure about that!? --- Especially me being from New York during that time...and having lots of fam in Jersey --- I'd personally like to see proof of that.

Even if you did half-assed research, you'd see according to his many auto-biographies online...here's things he's PROUD of, out of his own mouth:

>As a young kid both Treach & Vin Rock hung out with the 118th Street Posse. While never becoming a member, one of the leaders took Treach under his wing, and they did occasionally sell drums for them.
>By the 6th Grade of school, Treach (already a good poet) wanted to be a rapper, and started working with his mother to get poems published.
>He, Vin Rock, & Kay Gee all went to & met at the same high school (East Orange High School)
>At the time, Kay Gee was a grade ahead of them; so only Treach & Vin Rock started working together...primarily with Vinnie being a producer, and Treach being a rapper & dj.
>The first time all 3 performed together was senior talent show; and afterwards formed the group "The New Style".
>After graduation, Treach held a good job at good Grand Union warehouse for about 10 months (would perform nights with The New Style).
>At age 19, Treach was fired from his Grand Union job, and shortly later was arrested for drug selling. When his mother bailed him out, she said he was kicked out of the house.
>Treach went to live with Kay Gee; and to prove to his mother he wasn't a "lost soul" started doing charity/youth center work/being a strong proponent & speaker for birth control.
>In 1988, The New Styles got signed by Sylvia Robinson at Bon Ami Records. They released a 7-song EP, which failed to make a mark and was dropped by the label 1989.
>The group changed their name to "Naughty By Nature", recorded a new demo and went back to performing heavy. They were discovered by Queen Latifah, Shakim Campare, and Mark the 45 King...and were signed to Tommy Boy Records in 1990.
>Treach was quoted in the Spin magazine. "We were broke, but us 3 were good people. We didn't put our money into jewelry or cars or anything like that. We put it all into studio time. And, once we got signed, we totally cut [drug dealing] out completely. We had really intimidating mothers."
>Once Naughty By Nature, Treach came back to his mother, paid for her to goto/finish college and bought her a new home in New Brunswick, NJ.

With all that said...and me living in the area...I HIGHLY doubt Treach was "leader" of any gang. Not saying you're wrong, but most of that is from Treach's mouth himself. I'd really have to see some kind of proof to believe otherwise.
Homie trust me I'm in East Orange, New Jersey. Treach is the OG of the Double II blood set that's out here. I live here so I definitely know what I'm talking about.
 9 years ago '06        #70
sunsetnVine 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
$8,752 | Props total: 3689 3689
 25/8 said:
I was rollin around LA one night over there by the BarKay seen about 20 n*ggas deep on a corner...2 lil n*ggas approached the whip talkin bout where you from?

i told the lil n*ggas get on somewhere with that... n*gga went yellin down the street "he dont want that"
HAHA.. i beez like that sometimes. Yo i specifiaclly asked the dude at the rent a car place for a grey whip as i was heading to long beach after checking in at the roosevelt. He said he got it... we touched down in ontario and low and behold i gotta blue corolla waiting for me... i was pissed. Then on top of that the fool told me i could get to my hotel with a half of tank of gas. Talking bout it got 35mpg. Dude set me up for the gank.:angry12: lol I was trying my best to read the graffitti to figure out where i could pull off.

LOLOL its funny tho they know when you aint from around there... and they still ask like you up 2 something. I was with my girl who looked latina so that aint help much. Im sure if it was night it woula been a problem but in broad daylight all i caught was the mad dog. i honestly didn't notice until my lady pulled me too the side. Then they made it clear they werent happy with me as i drove off lol. Im not good with spanish lol. Made a b line to the freeway and dipped. Rest of the trip was cool tho... I kicked it with The knux and saw kesha cole at the bev. center. I luv la... anyways...

25/8 said:
sunset if you dont believe suge LET them n*ggas get after pac sumpin wrong w/ ya bruh

n*ggas blazed the whole whip up and he only got grazed????

why he aint pull off? I know he was at a red light but c'mon
Unless you join the american military ...or really put in a lot a work in a gang. Your gonna freeze when shots ring out. And definately freeze at the site of blood. Not knocking they gangsta (well maybe the catz following them that frooze) but i wasn't surprised they aint do nothing. What can you do tho after you get caught with your pants down. Its too late at that point.

deathrow was the shyt at that time.. but still aint have no overall Cali pass as the story tells it. Too many gangs in LA. No one could buy a bus pass 2 all the hoods. Regardless if the black dnt get you ... the brown could.

You will not catch one of them off brands in teh HUB or long beach without someone holding they hands. It just wont happen. Regardless... gangsta rappers are gangsta rappers... most of them are "ACTIVE" otherwise they wouldn't be rapping lol. Only a few of them still got the ballz to make G moves. Even then tho.. they could check the wrong dude and end up like Tray Dee.
 9 years ago '05        #71
4REAL 3 heat pts
space
space
$12,432 | Props total: 1371 1371
 Bruce Leeroy said:
Homie trust me I'm in East Orange, New Jersey. Treach is the OG of the Double II blood set that's out here. I live here so I definitely know what I'm talking about.
If Treach is really the OG of a gang out here, then I'm really disappointed in him. I wouldn't expect someone of his stature to be affiliated with something so negative and that is destroying the community where he was raised.
 9 years ago '06        #72
Southern_Boi 
space
space
$2,761 | Props total: 1 1
I dont know about all that sh*t. The only thing I can speak about truthfully is theres a reason Wayne aint been fu*ked with down here since he got his car burned. He started to fu*k with Brisco, and its a known fact Brisco knows people out the city
 9 years ago '08        #73
The N 466 heat pts466 OP
space
space
$45,543 | Props total: 17177 17177
 4REAL said:
If Treach is really the OG of a gang out here, then I'm really disappointed in him. I wouldn't expect someone of his stature to be affiliated with something so negative and that is destroying the community where he was raised.
Good point, but their has to be a reason why he is in that position

protecting the community from other gangs taking over maybe

Last edited by The N; 09-09-2008 at 01:48 PM..
 9 years ago '07        #74
Bruce Leeroy 
space
space
 4REAL said:
Yea unfortunately it is true homie. I grew up in a Double II dominated neighborhood Down The Hill in E.O. and I've seen Treach literally hundreds of times in the mid 90's out there. It's sort of common knowledge that Treach is runnin' things.
 9 years ago '05        #75
4REAL 3 heat pts
space
space
 Bruce Leeroy said:
Yea unfortunately it is true homie. I grew up in a Double II dominated neighborhood Down The Hill in E.O. and I've seen Treach literally hundreds of times in the mid 90's out there. It's sort of common knowledge that Treach is runnin' things.
If you're talking about the mid-90s then I'm not so sure. The OG of the set is locked up for about 30 years or so. Treach is affiliated and maybe down with it because he introduced the Cali bloods to the impressionable fools in his neighborhood who ran with the knowledge but I'm not so sure about today in 2008.
 9 years ago '05        #76
4REAL 3 heat pts
space
space
 The N said:
Good point, but their has to be a reason why he is in that position

protecting the community from other gangs taking over maybe
That's not protecting the community. He's participating in the foolishness if he's actually involved with that crap. If he wants to help the community, he can use his voice and tell the gangs out there to drop their colors and their guns.
 9 years ago '07        #77
Bruce Leeroy 
space
space
 4REAL said:
If you're talking about the mid-90s then I'm not so sure. The OG of the set is locked up for about 30 years or so. Treach is affiliated and maybe down with it because he introduced the Cali bloods to the impressionable fools in his neighborhood who ran with the knowledge but I'm not so sure about today in 2008.
I think you're talking about Pele. He's the OG of the GKB set. That's totally different from Double II.
 09-09-2008, 02:01 PM         #78
TRiL 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DoctorJ said:

Take it from a resident of the city and someone that is closely affiliated to certain people in his camp, Treach runs Double II.
Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
37 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
71 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
288 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
94 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
245 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
95 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
108 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy