Do gangs provide protection to rappers for Advertising them?(Wayne,Birdman, ect)

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
91 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
211 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
80 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '05        #41
CartelFamill 55 heat pts55
space
space
space
$5,162 | Props total: 1504 1504
 4REAL said:
It was the same thing in NY, NJ, and every other state outside of Cali but as the mid-late 90s came in, these local crews somehow turned into blood and crip, mostly bloods. No one can still really explain how something from Cali spread out to the eastcoast like that.

Its Well Known How Bloods Started In Nyc...O.G. Mac,DeadEye and Pistole Pete Started It In Prison to f!ght against Latin Kings...But I heard OG Mac lied and said T Rodger's gave him permission
 9 years ago '07        #42
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,836 | Props total: 195 195
I don't get why those two specifically would advertise Bloods seeing as how they come from some of the roughest streets in the country which doesn't even have gangs and was the murder capital of the world twice. That's not a good look. If anything, they should be teaching audiences the right way to grow up. Living your life through a gang ain't gon get you nowhere. That means you are basically playing into a trap by choosing that type of rebellion to society. A better type of rebellion would be to go about issues the way that speakers in the past have advocated. People should study MLK, Malcom X, etc. because the first group that comes into someone's head when they think of Blood or Crip is "black" civilians who have to live in fu*ked up ghettos.
 9 years ago '04        #43
Bedewe22 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,399 | Props total: 107 107
 CartelFamill said:
Its Well Known How Bloods Started In Nyc...O.G. Mac,DeadEye and Pistole Pete Started It In Prison to f!ght against Latin Kings...But I heard OG Mac lied and said T Rodger's gave him permission
That explains all that 5-star bullsh*t since T Rodgers is originally from Chicago (Black P-Stones) where they actually bang that. T Rodgers co-founded BPS Bloods in the Jungles in L.A. when he came to Cali. It seems that OG Mack basically mixed both the L.A. and Chicago culture together and brought it to New York. Dude completely fu*ked up the "blood" name. No real Cali gangbangers respect those n*ggas on the east coast. They're even called "east coast bloods", not just "bloods", sometimes to separate the two.
 08-31-2008, 08:22 PM         #44
fmf_123 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Who cares baby & wayne has enough money to get a n*gga k!lled @ the same time any man can get touched
 08-31-2008, 08:46 PM         #45
magatsu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
A lot of these sets are beefin between themselves so I highly doubt rap n*ggas is gettin any kind of protection, passes maybe.

Like dude said, any n*gga that start tryna claim sets and throw up signs after they are an established artist and grown as fu*k needs to be slapped anyway. And any artists that run around wearing red bandannas and throwing up sets then get in an interview and start talkin about its just fashion and deny being affiliated needs to be slapped too (Jim Jones/Dipset and Ja Rule/Murda Inc).

Then add to that 90% of these lil n*ggas running around outside of LA claiming crip/blood just thought that sh*t was cool and decided to wear all red/blue one day. You see that sh*t happening in ATL. Lil n*ggas runnin around talkin bout they blood/crip and ain't been put on to sh*t. I seen a lil n*gga in my neighborhood all of a sudden start wearing all red and hanging bandannas out his pocket. Told that n*gga to throw up his set and the n*gga couldn't even stack or anything, all this n*gga knew how to do was throw up the regular old blood sign. Goddamn shame.

I remember when I got transferred to a white high school, seen n*ggaz that was lame as fu*k in middle school back in the hood all of a sudden was thugged out blood/crip n*ggaz around the white people. I'm looking at n*ggas like....n*gga I remember you getting slapped around and chumped on a daily basis, n*ggas was throwing your books on the floor and checking you for your seat at the lunch table on some Wonder Years sh*t, but know you a "G" huh?
 9 years ago '08        #46
The N 469 heat pts469 OP
space
space
$45,580 | Props total: 17251 17251
^good post props
 08-31-2008, 09:49 PM         #47
25/8 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 sunsetnVine said:
BIG and PAC had security teams.... and LA still took em from us... via baby lane and LABD's finest. Pt is in LA it can go down and it probably will. Its a confrontational place even tho its laid back...and them niccaz cant come from OUT OF BOUNDS claimin a set (even tho i never heard them claim an official bompton set..., not the Trees, MOB, LP or even cedar..) and come to LA like its cool.

Your on the west in washington right?.. Yall got gangs up there.. Its a gang of crips in spokane. Niccaz catch they F's in La and run up there to lay low so you should know how that gang shyt works.

Wayne And weezy did not grow up in LA, they weren't bred in LA. And im sorry but niccas who start gang bangin in they early to late 20's is some marks. No pass.. not from either side. Unless they pay for it.

You pay that tax so you can have niccaz that will check dudes like spida loc and 40glocc or some random blood that might run up on your suv with a burner telling you 2 un a.ss them jewls...

SHyt thats universal law. Im sure i cant drop an album claiming your hood .... without you feeling some kinda way about. Specially if im making money off of your hood. You gonna wanna piece... pleasebelievit.

Big and Pac weren't popped by random n*ggas both of them n*ggas got took out due to well planned set-up/special circumstance
 9 years ago '08        #48
slimdogg3325 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,872 | Props total: 723 723
 magatsu said:
A lot of these sets are beefin between themselves so I highly doubt rap n*ggas is gettin any kind of protection, passes maybe.

Like dude said, any n*gga that start tryna claim sets and throw up signs after they are an established artist and grown as fu*k needs to be slapped anyway. And any artists that run around wearing red bandannas and throwing up sets then get in an interview and start talkin about its just fashion and deny being affiliated needs to be slapped too (Jim Jones/Dipset and Ja Rule/Murda Inc).

Then add to that 90% of these lil n*ggas running around outside of LA claiming crip/blood just thought that sh*t was cool and decided to wear all red/blue one day. You see that sh*t happening in ATL. Lil n*ggas runnin around talkin bout they blood/crip and ain't been put on to sh*t. I seen a lil n*gga in my neighborhood all of a sudden start wearing all red and hanging bandannas out his pocket. Told that n*gga to throw up his set and the n*gga couldn't even stack or anything, all this n*gga knew how to do was throw up the regular old blood sign. Goddamn shame.

I remember when I got transferred to a white high school, seen n*ggaz that was lame as fu*k in middle school back in the hood all of a sudden was thugged out blood/crip n*ggaz around the white people. I'm looking at n*ggas like....n*gga I remember you getting slapped around and chumped on a daily basis, n*ggas was throwing your books on the floor and checking you for your seat at the lunch table on some Wonder Years sh*t, but know you a "G" huh?
homie i c dat sh*t all through decatur. it was nothin but g's and vicelords over here in 95 - 02. now we got rollin wutever here. piru there. sh*t is ridiculous. n*ggas watch to much tv
 09-01-2008, 12:49 AM         #49
magatsu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 slimdogg3325 said:
homie i c dat sh*t all through decatur. it was nothin but g's and vicelords over here in 95 - 02. now we got rollin wutever here. piru there. sh*t is ridiculous. n*ggas watch to much tv
For real, that sh*t pisses me off, and its all the music too. I remember reading an interview with Khujo Goodie from Goodie Mobb and dude was talking about how that blood/crip stuff was starting to creep into the city from kids listening/feeding into west coast rap then when Outkast and the whole Dungeon Family sh*t started to drop that sh*t died because n*ggaz had something homegrown to look up to to and emulate.

Now your favorite A-town n*gga come out saying he crip and before TIP got in trouble I seen that n*gga all of a sudden hanging red rags out his pocket at certain events....then every impressionable young persons favorite rappers Weezy/Jim Jones/Game start soo wooping on tracks and what do the lil n*ggaz around here start doing again.......Isn't it funny outside of Cali you see a lot more dudes tryna be bloods instead of crips and it happens to be the rappers claiming blood are the ones that are the most prominent on TV?

I mean the only n*ggaz I really remember bangin growing up in the A was the real country n*ggaz, dudes from like Lagrange and sh*t. Them n*ggaz were being put on by family members from Arkansas and sh*t. Official or not those Arkansas n*ggaz were as serious as the Cali sets because n*ggaz was really dying behind that sh*t for no reason except the color of a rag.

Little dudes tryna emulate sh*t, but don't understand that dudes are really out in Cali dying behind sh*t. Be it between sets/crips/bloods/north/south siders etc. The violence is real. You got 11/12 year olds that just don't give a fu*k, baby gangstas that will shoot on site.

Everytime I'm out in Cali I check myself, leave all my red Atlanta hats back home after my cousin told me about Athens Park bloods using the sh*t when I was a kid. I seen a dude pull out a pistol on a n*gga over a blue orlando magic wristband when I was younger. Like sh*t is serious.

I took my little brother to Six Flags and seen a group of lil n*ggas wearing blood sh*t walk right past a group of little crip n*ggas and not even throw a look at each other. I ain't encouraging violence but if your gonna be something then be true to that sh*t, because real n*ggaz would have been f!ghting right then and there. If your not willing to die/get hurt behind the sh*t like real gangsta n*ggaz don't try to be one.
 9 years ago '06        #50
sunsetnVine 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
$8,765 | Props total: 3711 3711
 25/8 said:
Big and Pac weren't popped by random n*ggas both of them n*ggas got took out due to well planned set-up/special circumstance
PAC GOT his shyt peeled back cus he stomped out a southside crip. Nothing more... plain an simple. The media over dramatised it and turned it into some east/west shyt. Suge got pac in some real G shyt and the G took him out.

Only reason them dudes aint get caught that night was cuz La is only ... 2hours away from vegas lol. And the powers that be didnt care to do a real investigation. That shyt wasn't to planned dude.. Simple as you gettn your a.ss whipped and calling your brothers for get back.

Big got his shyt peeled back cuz he lost his cali pass. Plus dude dropped some disrepectful tracks at pac. In short he got k!lled over pride. Homie didn't know the term twist apparently. (Which is more of a reason why he aint have to do with pac's k!lling. He really a.ssumed he could come to LA and not get touched...prolly cuz he aint give that green light).

Regardless ... LA did it. And my pt is the realest rapper got hit by LA... so your fakest ones are even more of a target. If your not from around LA.. your out of bounds unless you play the strip tight or got money to stay in good hotels lol. They paying for thier passes. I bet them dudes even got dudes who go get they gas for em lol.

Make the wrong freeway exit and you could find yourself in a bad spot... Can't see over the dividers and most don't read the grafitti.. LOL i found that out the hard way. I just happened 2 be dressed like a herb that day so the esse aint press me about my blue corolla. Plus the big a.ss rent a car tag prolly let him know i wont from round there..... So they just mad dogged me. Gotta luv LA....

Last edited by sunsetnVine; 09-01-2008 at 08:41 PM..
 09-01-2008, 08:53 PM         #51
25/8 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 sunsetnVine said:
PAC GOT his shyt peeled back cus he stomped out a southside crip. Nothing more... plain an simple. The media over dramatised it and turned it into some east/west shyt. Suge got pac in some real G shyt and the G took him out.

Only reason them dudes aint get caught that night was cuz La is only ... 2hours away from vegas lol. And the powers that be didnt care to do a real investigation. That shyt wasn't to planned dude.. Simple as you gettn your a.ss whipped and calling your brothers for get back.

Big got his shyt peeled back cuz he lost his cali pass. Plus dude dropped some disrepectful tracks at pac. In short he got k!lled over pride. Homie didn't know the term twist apparently. (Which is more of a reason why he aint have to do with pac's k!lling. He really a.ssumed he could come to LA and not get touched...prolly cuz he aint give that green light).

Regardless ... LA did it. And my pt is the realest rapper got hit by LA... so your fakest ones are even more of a target. If your not from around LA.. your out of bounds unless you play the strip tight or got money to stay in good hotels lol. They paying for thier passes. I bet them dudes even got dudes who go get they gas for em lol.

Make the wrong freeway exit and you could find yourself in a bad spot... Can't see over the dividers and most don't read the grafitti.. LOL i found that out the hard way. I just happened 2 be dressed like a herb that day so the esse aint press me about my blue corolla. Plus the big a.ss rent a car tag prolly let him know i wont from round there..... So they just mad dogged me. Gotta luv LA....
I was rollin around LA one night over there by the BarKay seen about 20 n*ggas deep on a corner...2 lil n*ggas approached the whip talkin bout where you from?

i told the lil n*ggas get on somewhere with that... n*gga went yellin down the street "he dont want that"
 09-01-2008, 08:57 PM         #52
25/8 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sunset if you dont believe suge LET them n*ggas get after pac sumpin wrong w/ ya bruh

n*ggas blazed the whole whip up and he only got grazed????

why he aint pull off? I know he was at a red light but c'mon
 9 years ago '08        #53
The Fifth KD 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,480 | Props total: 1272 1272
 Nyuzi said:
I don't get why those two specifically would advertise Bloods seeing as how they come from some of the roughest streets in the country which doesn't even have gangs and was the murder capital of the world twice. That's not a good look. If anything, they should be teaching audiences the right way to grow up. Living your life through a gang ain't gon get you nowhere. That means you are basically playing into a trap by choosing that type of rebellion to society. A better type of rebellion would be to go about issues the way that speakers in the past have advocated. People should study MLK, Malcom X, etc. because the first group that comes into someone's head when they think of Blood or Crip is "black" civilians who have to live in fu*ked up ghettos.

.....was the murder capital of the world twice.

No. It wasn't. Of the US and of the World are two different things.
 9 years ago '06        #54
GlynnJR 
space
space
$632 | Props total: 9 9
 magatsu said:
For real, that sh*t pisses me off, and its all the music too. I remember reading an interview with Khujo Goodie from Goodie Mobb and dude was talking about how that blood/crip stuff was starting to creep into the city from kids listening/feeding into west coast rap then when Outkast and the whole Dungeon Family sh*t started to drop that sh*t died because n*ggaz had something homegrown to look up to to and emulate.

Now your favorite A-town n*gga come out saying he crip and before TIP got in trouble I seen that n*gga all of a sudden hanging red rags out his pocket at certain events....then every impressionable young persons favorite rappers Weezy/Jim Jones/Game start soo wooping on tracks and what do the lil n*ggaz around here start doing again.......Isn't it funny outside of Cali you see a lot more dudes tryna be bloods instead of crips and it happens to be the rappers claiming blood are the ones that are the most prominent on TV?

I mean the only n*ggaz I really remember bangin growing up in the A was the real country n*ggaz, dudes from like Lagrange and sh*t. Them n*ggaz were being put on by family members from Arkansas and sh*t. Official or not those Arkansas n*ggaz were as serious as the Cali sets because n*ggaz was really dying behind that sh*t for no reason except the color of a rag.

Little dudes tryna emulate sh*t, but don't understand that dudes are really out in Cali dying behind sh*t. Be it between sets/crips/bloods/north/south siders etc. The violence is real. You got 11/12 year olds that just don't give a fu*k, baby gangstas that will shoot on site.

Everytime I'm out in Cali I check myself, leave all my red Atlanta hats back home after my cousin told me about Athens Park bloods using the sh*t when I was a kid. I seen a dude pull out a pistol on a n*gga over a blue orlando magic wristband when I was younger. Like sh*t is serious.

I took my little brother to Six Flags and seen a group of lil n*ggas wearing blood sh*t walk right past a group of little crip n*ggas and not even throw a look at each other. I ain't encouraging violence but if your gonna be something then be true to that sh*t, because real n*ggaz would have been f!ghting right then and there. If your not willing to die/get hurt behind the sh*t like real gangsta n*ggaz don't try to be one.

My n*ggah tha A-Town iz just lyke tha Lou!!! Real talk, err where yo azz fukkin' go U gott lil' locz err' where beamed up and shyt. I mean, some St. Louis n*ggahz do gott street cred ain't sayin' they don't, but 99.5% of these n*ggaz dont! I mean str8 up, that six flagz incident wit U happens err' day wit me! I don't claim shyt so I wear all types of different colors and be err' where. Yeah n*ggahz mugg me and throw up they signz, but a n*ggah ain't neva checked me. I mean, I ain't sayin' I'm untouchable cuz I ain't fukkin' stupid, I'm just sayin' n*ggahz just doin' it cuz they headz all fukked up. If a lil' n*ggah see all bi*chz on wayne, he finna start wearin' red and grow dreadz. And if you ain't from Stl or haven't been here, dats 85% of tha n*ggah population. Itz krazy, n*ggahz be changin' they minds quick az a mugg tho. They boy or boyz gett shot or k!lled den they switch it up to white tees and black shirts lol. You can call it a fad, a trend, or just say kids and teenagers who's minds haven't developed enuff common sense to comprehend what the fukk they pretendin' to do iz real lyfe to sum n*ggahz sumwhere and they will gett dealt with somehow. Shyt iz fukkin' sad. Iono if shyt will eva change. I take that baq, it will change and just gett worse. Cuz tha pretenders gonna have kidz, den tha kidz probably gone grow up and become real onez and tha shyt will just continue to spread. SLPD talkin' bout tha gangz are decreasin' in Stl, bullshyt. They just too scared to show themselves in front of them boyz cuz they ain't real.
 9 years ago '08        #55
slimdogg3325 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,872 | Props total: 723 723
in decatur u got the hood right around the corner from mansions and sh*t. sh*t is disgustin. my n*gga got k!lled 2 minutes from my crib. 2 mins the other way is where fucin evander holeyfield stay. them n*ggas over there started tryin 2 where flag a couple years bac and we checed them real quic. if the REAL g's was doin wut the fuc they supposed 2 this wouldnt be a problem. but they tryin 2 get respect from n*ggas who dont know sh*t about it. how u grow up in a million dollar house but wanna bang?
 9 years ago '04        #56
DoctorJ|m 35 heat pts35
space
space
$4,967 | Props total: 210 210
"every rapper that claims a gang set is stupid and fake yeah"
This isn't far from the truth....

Here's my take on it - Based on the lifestyle of family members & the friends I know....In 2002, I did a 29 page dissertation for college exploring gangs, gang life, and gang trends. For the report, I had interview over 15 bloods, 15 crips, and 10 other various hispanic gangs. The biggest misconceptions about gangs is that they still 'bang'. When things expanded, it's basically became new-school gang vs. old school tradition. Historically bloods & crips have made peace unities, college scholarship programs, reunions, picnics, even damn sports leagues in Cali. When alot of the 'traditional' gangs refused to expand legitly to other parts of the US...smaller gangs were formed and 'used' the Names for publicity. So often the bloods & crips elsewhere in the USA to the traditional gangs are all 'fake' and have no a.ssociation and connection what-so-ever.

As for Wayne now...I've heard 'stories' of him being friends with, buying pills from, and helping out blood members while they were down on their luck. He may receive a pass for that...I would believe that waaaay before I believe he's a real Blood.

Likewise with Jeezy...when my college's SGA board got him and Bobby Valentino to perform Freaker's Ball at FAU (Halloween night, in 2004). There was a big social conflict of the Florida Crips getting hostile because he was reppin' them falsely and not even affilated with them. My SGA board had to pay EXTRA money for more security at the show, so he would even make the trip down to South Florida.

My point of view is ---- don't believe the hype, and actually learn about these gangs from REAL members; not new school robots.

If anything, later today - I'll look for the report and post it up here.

Last edited by DoctorJ; 09-02-2008 at 08:22 AM..
 09-02-2008, 08:25 AM         #57
A6249CF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Get Familia said:
Yo, where u from....i notice some of the quotes are London slang...and are you talking about S.A.S. (Mega n Mayhem) from London??

Tell me more...im interested in how S.A.S. streed cred!
from souf LDN

S.A.S. have no street cred to be honest. aint no one from endz fu*king with them
 9 years ago '06        #58
JamesAdamsIz808 2 heat pts
space
space
$10,173 | Props total: 190 190
 jdawgkemp said:
That dont really count tho cause who AINT connected here...
On the real. If you aint folks then theres 100% chance one of your guys is.

Everybody got a cousin, homeboy, or uncle thats folks up here if you aint yourself.
 09-02-2008, 09:38 AM         #59
A6249CF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JamesAdamsIz808 said:
On the real. If you aint folks then theres 100% chance one of your guys is.

Everybody got a cousin, homeboy, or uncle thats folks up here if you aint yourself.
someone get this n*gga a cheeseburger
 09-02-2008, 10:05 AM         #60
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bruce Leeroy said:
I was raised in E.O. and that story is true. Double II(Inglewood/Illtown) was the first official blood set on the East Coast and Treach has been running sh*t out here ever since. He bought some of his homies from Inglewood out here in '93 and they taught these n*ggas the knowledge and it's been a wrap ever since. IMO it's the ONLY official set on the east.
Missed this post, true sh*t
Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
34 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
88 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
52 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
57 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
66 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Ashamed Of Pixel Sales, Google Begins Hiding Pixel Launcher Install Count In P..
4 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
189 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New Pictures Of DG Yola In Jail
71 comments
2 days ago