NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
50 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
vida guerra
52 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
145 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

??????????
1 7 3.74%
2 11 5.88%
3 33 17.65%
4 77 41.18%
5 59 31.55%
Voters: 187. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '05        #81
Str8 outta Cuse 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,515 | Props total: 49 49
3.5-4. .its solid. .i like it better than his last one
 08-29-2008, 10:24 AM         #82
DzE AkA Young Hott  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
how do u download
 9 years ago '04        #83
336db336boy336 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,071 | Props total: 556 556
Game album sounds better.......album of the year to me goes to game or nas
 08-29-2008, 01:11 PM         #84
Rowe  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
aoty been listening heavy for the past 3 days.

its gon take more than hate to get my focus off..cant knock the hustle still stackin dead presidents/
they say he's on his way out/ well thast a reasonable doubt/ aint no n*ggas like the one i got
friend or foe? politics as usual, im feelin it, still livin w/ regrets
with all these imaginary players yall must love me, told yall in due time/
the city is mine/

i love that 'dont do it' joint...

i know jeezy aint the best lyricist.. but his ability to ride the beat... the hooks, and his ear for beats..not to mention it aint like his lyrics are UNBEARABLE.. dude makes hot sh*t.

4/5.. if not better.
 9 years ago '04        #85
illipinopimp 
space
space
$360 | Props total: 0 0
The lyrics are honestly sh*t, but the beats and his flow are what makes it great. This motherfu*ker cud rap "twinkle twinkle little star" and I'd still be bumpin it in my car.
 08-29-2008, 10:33 PM         #86
PR0TENTIAL  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
'By The Way' is the track of 2008 so far!

4/5 for this album though
 9 years ago '04        #87
klone03 
space
space
$9,930 | Props total: 2 2
i actually like this sh*t. 'what they want', 'by the way', 'circulate', 'vacation' are some standout tracks imo. still gotta give it more spins but so far i'll give it a 3.5.
 9 years ago '04        #88
DPGUNIT 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,247 | Props total: 4 4
4.95/5....

This sh*t is cold blooded off beats ALONE....
 9 years ago '08        #89
daytona500 
space
space
$1,052 | Props total: 0 0
the album gets a 3/5 to me... the track by the way is fire though:applause:
 9 years ago '06        #90
antoniolucky 
space
space
space
$709 | Props total: 0 0
this is just as good as his first one to me
 9 years ago '05        #91
theking08 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,187 | Props total: 361 361
Circulate is da best track to me...dat sample is jus toooo smooth by Cannon....Dont Do It = Freeway Word Play = Beanie Siegal....WHY ARE THEY USING SAMPLES WE HAVE ALL HEARD WITHIN A YEAR OR SO???
 9 years ago '04        #92
bigtrevdogg 
space
space
$1,966 | Props total: 356 356
it's an okay album. i think game album is better, especially the deluxe editon cd. so ar the best albums i have heard this year are nas, the roots and game's.
 9 years ago '05        #93
BurninLz 31 heat pts31
space
space
$10,316 | Props total: 880 880
"vacation" sounds like a Dre beat.

this album bangs..

nothin will ever compare to thug motivation, but this sh*t is sick

3.5/5 after just a few listens
 9 years ago '04        #94
spider7946 
space
space
$31 | Props total: 0 0
Young Jeezy the recession

Album Review time :

The Recession (Intro): Strong intro from Jeezy. It starts out with people talking about the recession and hardships, I especially like the "I didn't know gas was gon be a bill” funny but also true. Jeezy has a few nice lines and it looks like he has stepped his game up a little on this track. Good start to the album. Really sets the tone for a album with a title called Recession 4/5

By The Way: Typical Jeezy track, high energy and "trap" talk. The beat is very similar to what you would find on Thug Motivation 101, same drum roll and all. This track sounds like everything else Jeezy has spit. Nothing special. 2.5/5

Crazy World: Strong track. Good message. Jeezy raps with some passion in his voice. Every verse moves nicely into the chorus. Better than the previous song. Nice to see him change subject matter a little, he doesn't leave his comfort zone but he does address current day issues. Nice effort. 3/5

What They Want: This album thus far is back and forth. Strong track followed by something that could have been on any of his other albums. This beat sounds almost the same as "By the Way" with verses like

"9th inning bases loaded I’m going for the grand slam/tax free tax free I ain't giving sh-- to Uncle Sam"

He is still continuing his Depression/Recession theme. Decent track but again Very Jeezy sounding. 3/5

Amazin: Decent song. Jeezy is rapping about a few random topics on this one. Your typical bragging track nothing to standout here. I will use a term that you will get sick of throughout this review. Typical Jeezy Track. 3/5

Hustlaz Ambition: Here we have another track which will fool you at first because the beginning sounds just like "put on” Nothing to standout here. Kind of hit or miss on this one. 2.5/5

Who Dat: If you’re keeping track this song sounds and has the same vibe as "By the Way and What they want" A few nice lines here and there. Again a few nice lines here and there but it’s a Typical Jeezy Track (TJT it will be called through the rest of this) 2.5/5

Don't You Know: Decent track. Couple nice one liners here and there. Very trap. Beat is not as sped up a little mellow. Jeezys growling voice does do it justice. I must say he is good at selecting tracks that compliment his vocal tone. Having said that this track is still TJT. 3/5

Circulate: What in the world is Don Cannon doing making a track like this. It sounds like something that should have been on "American Gangster" very 70's feeling song. Not a good look for Jeezy at all. I applaud him for trying something different but this song failed quickly. 2.5/5

Word Play: Up-tempo beat here. Jeezy rides on fairly well. Nothing to out of the ordinary. Simple bragging track. 3/5

Vacation: The second single apparently as there is a video circulating on the internet now. This song is about just what it says Vacation, Partying relaxing. Bringing the hood to the resorts. 3/5

Everything: Not to feature section of this album, out of the next 6 songs 4 of them have guest spots. Anthony Hamilton lends his soulful vocals to this track and works well with Jeezy on the Chorus. Lil Boosie is also on this track and he spits a decent verse. Not a bad song. 3/5

Takin it there: Trey Songz is on this one and lends to the chorus as this is a song that is designed for ladies. Not to get it misunderstood Jeezy still does his thing his way. Perfect song for leaving the club with a lady. 3/5

Don't Do It: Slowest track on this album but also the deepest. The first finds Jeezy talking about a friend (Big Meech) behind bars. The second finds Jeezy spitting but uses one of the best albums of all time as his reference.

"Can't knock the hustle still stacking dead presidents/they say he's on his way out that’s a reasonable doubt/aint no n----- like the ones I got/Friend or foe politics as usual/I'm feelin it/still living with regrets/with all these imaginary players you must love me/told yall in do time that city is mine"

Very clever to include that and shout his former boss. One of the better tracks on the album, substance wise. 4/5

Put On: By now you've heard this song a million and one times. Good first single. Jeezy has an album of coming out with powerful first songs dating back to his first LP. This is no exception. Very "Summer" feel. Kayne is on this one as well and uses his new favorite trick the dreaded auto-tune which is not a bad thing for him. Good Song 4/5

Get Allot: Jeezy switches his flow on this one and does a good job with it. Subject matter is similar to the majority of the album. Money, I got this million and that million. Things like that. He gets points for a flow change though. 3/5

My President: One of the better songs on the album. Jeezy sheds light on more recession problems. Speaking for all the people who do struggle with this real life problem, even giving time to mend his problem with Pimp C

"You know how the Pimp be he going speak his mind/If can speak down from heaven he'll tell me to stay on my grind"

Nas is also on this track and uses a sped up flow. Good verse. Strong song for the album. 4/5

Welcome Back: Decent song to close the album. Sounds similar to the first 8 songs. After a strong song like My President this song is kind of overshadowed. 3/5

Basically what you have here is Thug Motivation 103. While not being quite as good as Thug Motivation 101 is does beat his last effort This album continues to show that while he has moved out of the "trap" and into more "mainstream" light he will not change who and what he does. Jeezy is not a rapper we know this, he's even said it numerous times. But since he drops albums we must judge him as one. This album is basically average. Nothing more. It is good music for playing in the car. Not too many tracks were you have in depth lyrics. You can take a drive to the bar or the club and just let the tracks play. He is basically saying the same thing just a different way in the first 9. There are standout tracks such as the Nas and Kayne West a.ssisted tracks were he shares the mic but this is a true "solo Album" When purchasing this album you should have the comfort in knowing your getting the next chapter in the story of Jeezy "Trapstar"

3/5
 9 years ago '04        #95
atlbwa2 
space
space
$613 | Props total: 66 66
does the retail version have welcome back as the last track??? and does anyone have the bonus tracks for this cd..ive heard done it and its alot better than some of the songs on the album..dunno why he left it off.
 09-03-2008, 11:39 AM         #96
TheRecession  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Rowe said:
aoty been listening heavy for the past 3 days.

its gon take more than hate to get my focus off..cant knock the hustle still stackin dead presidents/
they say he's on his way out/ well thast a reasonable doubt/ aint no n*ggas like the one i got
friend or foe? politics as usual, im feelin it, still livin w/ regrets
with all these imaginary players yall must love me, told yall in due time/
the city is mine/

i love that 'dont do it' joint...

i know jeezy aint the best lyricist.. but his ability to ride the beat... the hooks, and his ear for beats..not to mention it aint like his lyrics are UNBEARABLE.. dude makes hot sh*t.

4/5.. if not better.
I listened to this album over and over, the man isnt lyrical but id be damned if you aint drawn into his music..

Youd be hard pressed to find another album with the first 10 tracks that consistent...

I give the album a 4.5/out of 5 he k!lled..

If you from the hood how can you NOt relate to dude.
 9 years ago '04        #97
GetOnMahLevel 
space
space
$5,488 | Props total: 104 104
album gets better and better everytime i listen to it!
 9 years ago '04        #98
GetOnMahLevel 
space
space
$5,488 | Props total: 104 104
 illipinopimp said:
The lyrics are honestly sh*t, but the beats and his flow are what makes it great. This motherfu*ker cud rap "twinkle twinkle little star" and I'd still be bumpin it in my car.
hahahaha...you a fool!
 9 years ago '04        #99
Gmitch528 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,108 | Props total: 175 175
 kuruption81 said:
That sounds about right. Thing wit Jeezy is when I first hear his joints, I be feelin the production so much that I'm not paying attention to what he's saying, but after a few spins, I'm like dude has a romper room flow. Album's still cool though, I just know what to expect from dude now. I love that My President joint.
thats my sh*t... cd hot though... im feelin a lot of the sh*t... 4/5...
 9 years ago '04        #100
bradleyb87 
space
space
$2,130 | Props total: 559 559
 spider7946 said:
Young Jeezy the recession

Album Review time :

The Recession (Intro): Strong intro from Jeezy. It starts out with people talking about the recession and hardships, I especially like the "I didn't know gas was gon be a bill” funny but also true. Jeezy has a few nice lines and it looks like he has stepped his game up a little on this track. Good start to the album. Really sets the tone for a album with a title called Recession 4/5

By The Way: Typical Jeezy track, high energy and "trap" talk. The beat is very similar to what you would find on Thug Motivation 101, same drum roll and all. This track sounds like everything else Jeezy has spit. Nothing special. 2.5/5

Crazy World: Strong track. Good message. Jeezy raps with some passion in his voice. Every verse moves nicely into the chorus. Better than the previous song. Nice to see him change subject matter a little, he doesn't leave his comfort zone but he does address current day issues. Nice effort. 3/5

What They Want: This album thus far is back and forth. Strong track followed by something that could have been on any of his other albums. This beat sounds almost the same as "By the Way" with verses like

"9th inning bases loaded I’m going for the grand slam/tax free tax free I ain't giving sh-- to Uncle Sam"

He is still continuing his Depression/Recession theme. Decent track but again Very Jeezy sounding. 3/5

Amazin: Decent song. Jeezy is rapping about a few random topics on this one. Your typical bragging track nothing to standout here. I will use a term that you will get sick of throughout this review. Typical Jeezy Track. 3/5

Hustlaz Ambition: Here we have another track which will fool you at first because the beginning sounds just like "put on” Nothing to standout here. Kind of hit or miss on this one. 2.5/5

Who Dat: If you’re keeping track this song sounds and has the same vibe as "By the Way and What they want" A few nice lines here and there. Again a few nice lines here and there but it’s a Typical Jeezy Track (TJT it will be called through the rest of this) 2.5/5

Don't You Know: Decent track. Couple nice one liners here and there. Very trap. Beat is not as sped up a little mellow. Jeezys growling voice does do it justice. I must say he is good at selecting tracks that compliment his vocal tone. Having said that this track is still TJT. 3/5

Circulate: What in the world is Don Cannon doing making a track like this. It sounds like something that should have been on "American Gangster" very 70's feeling song. Not a good look for Jeezy at all. I applaud him for trying something different but this song failed quickly. 2.5/5

Word Play: Up-tempo beat here. Jeezy rides on fairly well. Nothing to out of the ordinary. Simple bragging track. 3/5

Vacation: The second single apparently as there is a video circulating on the internet now. This song is about just what it says Vacation, Partying relaxing. Bringing the hood to the resorts. 3/5

Everything: Not to feature section of this album, out of the next 6 songs 4 of them have guest spots. Anthony Hamilton lends his soulful vocals to this track and works well with Jeezy on the Chorus. Lil Boosie is also on this track and he spits a decent verse. Not a bad song. 3/5

Takin it there: Trey Songz is on this one and lends to the chorus as this is a song that is designed for ladies. Not to get it misunderstood Jeezy still does his thing his way. Perfect song for leaving the club with a lady. 3/5

Don't Do It: Slowest track on this album but also the deepest. The first finds Jeezy talking about a friend (Big Meech) behind bars. The second finds Jeezy spitting but uses one of the best albums of all time as his reference.

"Can't knock the hustle still stacking dead presidents/they say he's on his way out that’s a reasonable doubt/aint no n----- like the ones I got/Friend or foe politics as usual/I'm feelin it/still living with regrets/with all these imaginary players you must love me/told yall in do time that city is mine"

Very clever to include that and shout his former boss. One of the better tracks on the album, substance wise. 4/5

Put On: By now you've heard this song a million and one times. Good first single. Jeezy has an album of coming out with powerful first songs dating back to his first LP. This is no exception. Very "Summer" feel. Kayne is on this one as well and uses his new favorite trick the dreaded auto-tune which is not a bad thing for him. Good Song 4/5

Get Allot: Jeezy switches his flow on this one and does a good job with it. Subject matter is similar to the majority of the album. Money, I got this million and that million. Things like that. He gets points for a flow change though. 3/5

My President: One of the better songs on the album. Jeezy sheds light on more recession problems. Speaking for all the people who do struggle with this real life problem, even giving time to mend his problem with Pimp C

"You know how the Pimp be he going speak his mind/If can speak down from heaven he'll tell me to stay on my grind"

Nas is also on this track and uses a sped up flow. Good verse. Strong song for the album. 4/5

Welcome Back: Decent song to close the album. Sounds similar to the first 8 songs. After a strong song like My President this song is kind of overshadowed. 3/5

Basically what you have here is Thug Motivation 103. While not being quite as good as Thug Motivation 101 is does beat his last effort This album continues to show that while he has moved out of the "trap" and into more "mainstream" light he will not change who and what he does. Jeezy is not a rapper we know this, he's even said it numerous times. But since he drops albums we must judge him as one. This album is basically average. Nothing more. It is good music for playing in the car. Not too many tracks were you have in depth lyrics. You can take a drive to the bar or the club and just let the tracks play. He is basically saying the same thing just a different way in the first 9. There are standout tracks such as the Nas and Kayne West a.ssisted tracks were he shares the mic but this is a true "solo Album" When purchasing this album you should have the comfort in knowing your getting the next chapter in the story of Jeezy "Trapstar"

3/5
What kind of ears do you have? You got your "vibes" all fu*ked-up, my boy. If I didn't already have the album, your review would be very misleadin'.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
95 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
126 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
70 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
82 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
58 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
On the Late Night vol. 17
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
178 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy