Penn State Will Go Undefeated And Win It All (08 Edition)

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
149 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
73 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
10 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
41 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who will win the game this week?
Penn State 6 75.00%
Ohio State 2 25.00%
Voters: 8. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 11-02-2008, 07:05 PM         #261
jordanshoes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 =Scar= said:
:wow: Michigan?

you're convincing me you don't know what youre talking about...maybe notre dame but not michigan...

and if we were so helped we'd be moving up in the polls not down...think about it...
Michigan was ranked at the start of the season thats a joke and biased

And the bias for USC isnt that strong that they will stay ahead of Florida when USC is barely beating Arizona and Florida is whooping Georgia
 11-03-2008, 01:45 PM         #262
jordanshoes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yall see the poll today on ESPN? Asking whether you take an undefeated Penn State over a 1 loss Big 12 or SEC team for the NC. Kinda surprised it was in favor of Penn State close to 70%
 11-04-2008, 11:17 AM         #263
jordanshoes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Seems like just yesterday when Kelly couldnt kick a 40 yarder to save his life...I dont know how he got so good he must have worked really hard

Kelly earning more honors
PSU senior kicker Kevin Kelly is a semifinalist for the Lou Groza award.

Kevin Kelly's memorable senior season just keeps rolling along.

The latest honor is being named one of 20 semifinalists for the Lou Groza Award, given to the nation's top kicker. He is Penn State's first Lou Groza semifinalist since Travis Forney in 1999.

Kelly and Wisconsin's Phillip Welch are the only semifinalists from Big Ten schools. The winner will be announced in December.

Kelly, who has made a field goal in a school-record 29 straight games, is the most accomplished kicker in Penn State history -- and in the Big Ten. No Nittany Lion has matched his career points (391), kick scoring (383) and field goals made (72).

This season he's made 14 of 17 field goals and all 44 of his extra points.

He also is the Big Ten's all-time leading kick scorer and is tied for the all-time best in field goals.

He even is one of the most community service-oriented Nittany Lions, participating in the THON Make-A-Wish program, the student-athlete reading program, the state Special Olympics Summer Games and Habitat for Humanity.
 11-05-2008, 02:31 PM         #264
jordanshoes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This is how Pete Carroll should have handled the drop in the BCS

Team unfazed by BCS

By Andrew Wible Email
Collegian Staff Writer

When asked about the latest Bowl Championship Series (BCS) standings, Penn State coach Joe Paterno said he's not concerned that his 9-0 Nittany Lions remained third after being passed by fellow undefeated Texas Tech.

In fact, Paterno joked he's not even sure what BCS stands for.

"I haven't got the slightest idea what the BCS, is it the BCS or the BSC? I don't know," Paterno said. "They do what they're gonna do. You guys can ask me 58 questions about something else, but I haven't got any opinion about what's going on.

"As far as how that affects Penn State, we gotta take care of our own [business]."

Penn State used the bye week to check out some other teams across the country, including the Red Raiders.

Lion corner Tony Davis said after watching Texas Tech beat then-No. 1 Texas Saturday night that the Raiders are worthy of being the No. 2 team.

But he added neither he, nor his teammates are concerned with the polls. All they can do, he said, is play the remaining three games on their schedule.

"It's not a big concern for me personally, for the team I don't think," Davis said. "The teams that are there are well-deserved of it and we're just trying to stay focused on this week and go week-by-week."

The Lions find themselves in a similar spot to 1994 when an undefeated Nebraska squad leapfrogged the undefeated Lions and went on to win the national title.

Penn State fell from the top spot after Indiana scored two late touchdowns, including one as time expired, to turn what had been a 21-point blowout into a 35-29 squeaker. The close margin of victory apparently turned some voters away from the Lions as they dropped Penn State to second.

But right tackle Dennis Landolt said that scenario has no bearing on this year's squad. He said the Lions, who have outscored opponents by 30 points per game this season, don't go into games looking to blow opponents out.

"Nah, you can't think about that because you're playing against so many good athletes you can't go in thinking you have to blow these guys out," Landolt said. "You just have to go in thinking to play smart, play disciplined and win. That's all you can really think about."

Clark Practicing

Quarterback Daryll Clark, who missed part of the fourth quarter against Ohio State and has been limited in practice, should be cleared to play Saturday at Iowa.

Paterno said Clark cleared all the doctor's tests after suffering a concussion against the Buckeyes and "looked good," during Monday's practice.

"The doctors are very, and they should be, very, very conscientious about whether he gets hit or not," Paterno said. "Today I think he'll be able to do everything, no more examinations or anything like that, so I think he'll be fine Saturday."
 11-08-2008, 09:44 AM         #265
jordanshoes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn I'm worried about today
 9 years ago '05        #266
OMEGAMAN 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,532 | Props total: 18 18
 jordanshoes said:
damn I'm worried about today
Have faith. Yeah, their defense is statistically good, but who has Iowa played? And Illinois got 6 sacks on their QB Stanzi. What do you think our line is capable of? There was massive holding in the Ohio State game, as long as there is none of that we'll be good.

Will be a tough game, but I think we hold on. The weather will be the major factor. And we just have to keep their defense on the field, because their offense is inept.
 11-08-2008, 01:04 PM         #267
jordanshoes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 OMEGAMAN said:
Have faith. Yeah, their defense is statistically good, but who has Iowa played? And Illinois got 6 sacks on their QB Stanzi. What do you think our line is capable of? There was massive holding in the Ohio State game, as long as there is none of that we'll be good.

Will be a tough game, but I think we hold on. The weather will be the major factor. And we just have to keep their defense on the field, because their offense is inept.
Yeah most of thats true but Iowa has played people...all 4 of their losses were by a combined 12 points all to teams that were ranked at some point during the season

Guess I'm probably just worrying too much though I dont wanna be overconfident at all
 11-08-2008, 01:24 PM         #268
Deuce Black  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
overconfidence >>>

none of these wack teams left are gonna knock us off

unless michigan state comes out strong in the rivalry game
 11-08-2008, 01:57 PM         #269
jordanshoes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yeah but I just keep thinking about how much it would suck if Penn State lost when they are this close

But in reality they will probably blow Iowa out...who cares about the BSC anyways
 11-08-2008, 02:29 PM         #270
HR_Paperstacks  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jordanshoes said:
Yeah but I just keep thinking about how much it would suck if Penn State lost when they are this close

But in reality they will probably blow Iowa out...who cares about the BSC anyways
I like the Joe Pa presser reference.

"Is it BCS or BSC?" Joe Paterno >>>
 11-08-2008, 02:45 PM         #271
GTJ1982  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
at the big ten officials trying to keep penn state in the national title hunt with that bad fumble call on the goal line by clark. That was an iowa TD.

edit: In the end it didn't matter like a hot knife through butter:dancingcool:
 11-08-2008, 02:48 PM         #272
jordanshoes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this sh*t is why I was worried I knew we were gonna fall behind early same as the Michigan game
 11-08-2008, 02:56 PM         #273
jordanshoes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn the oline isnt giving clark any time at all
 9 years ago '06        #274
youngral 
space
space
$6,648 | Props total: 616 616
Come on Iowa
 11-08-2008, 05:20 PM         #275
LJay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
uh oh
here we go
 11-08-2008, 05:20 PM         #276
LJay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
or not
 9 years ago '06        #277
ThaShark316 86 heat pts86
space
space
$12,998 | Props total: 53 53
Come on Iowa....put on your burnt orange!
 11-08-2008, 05:26 PM         #278
LJay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
generous spot
 11-08-2008, 05:27 PM         #279
LJay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
in FG range
 9 years ago '06        #280
ThaShark316 86 heat pts86
space
space
$12,998 | Props total: 53 53

[pic - click to view]

"uh oh"
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
24 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA JR Smith passes Kobe for 12th all-time in 3 pointers made
52 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
5 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact and familie..
100 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
68 comments
1 day ago
@tech
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy