T.I. ft. Kanye West, Jay-Z, & Lil Wayne "Swagger Like Us"/Who Came the hardest - Vote

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
81 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
50 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
115 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
252 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

d
Kanye West 16 7.21%
Jay-Z 68 30.63%
Lil' Wayne 15 6.76%
T.I 123 55.41%
Voters: 222. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 08-23-2008, 09:56 PM         #181
luda_game_dre 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ahhh fu*k eh, lol..ive heard that song b4, just thought this was from another song by her thanks though, props, song is dope, who u think rips it the best?, i like t.i
 08-23-2008, 10:18 PM         #182
dj.ock 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 luda_game_dre said:
ahhh fu*k eh, lol..ive heard that song b4, just thought this was from another song by her thanks though, props, song is dope, who u think rips it the best?, i like t.i
TI ripped it, Jay was second

Wayne and 'Ye tied for l-ass-t
 9 years ago '04        #183
Hood_Rich 7 heat pts
space
space
$15,710 | Props total: 437 437
I think Jay had the best verse then:

Kanye
TI
Wayne
 9 years ago '08        #184
Cuban Linx... 7 heat pts
space
space
$785 | Props total: 36 36
jay should put "put on for my city remix" on blueprint 3 but naw he choose this sh*t, is he crazy?

and kanye what the hell is up with these half finnished sounding a.ss beats lately?
 9 years ago '07        #185
kakish 9 heat pts
space
space
$12,936 | Props total: 1532 1532
T.I. k!lled it!
 9 years ago '04        #186
Hood_Rich 7 heat pts
space
space
$15,710 | Props total: 437 437
TI might as well push his CD up....cause damn near half the album leaked...Spet 30th is a long way from now
 9 years ago '04        #187
pissin-on-game 
space
space
space
$2,083 | Props total: 22 22
lol where is realtalk so she can talk about he stole his verse from shawty lo or somthing
 9 years ago '05        #188
daduif 
space
space
$455 | Props total: 0 0
kanye make loads of wack beats.. its like he proofed himsel already now ppl will take any sh*t he makes.
 9 years ago '06        #189
LilBlasta 8 heat pts
space
space
$5,663 | Props total: 5 5
Kanye came in hard, but T.I. fu*kin' k!lled it.
 9 years ago '06        #190
diVERSEity 
space
space
$3,978 | Props total: 0 0
Obviously Tip. @ Kanye talking about he's "the urine".
 08-24-2008, 01:42 PM         #191
J. Kashe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Beats these days are becoming more simple... like they're going away from the "Just Blaze" era. I think the beat serves its purpose. Each artist holds their own, its just that most people have super high expectations for everyone. This is much better than the bullsh*t we hear from Plies, Shawty Lo, and a dozen other rappers best music.
 9 years ago '04        #192
ddash 1 heat pts
space
space
$22,975 | Props total: 3472 3472
Man this beat is horrible,the song is ok,but the beat is annoying and not hot at all. Kanye better get back to his roots.

9 years ago '08        #193
Cuban Linx... 7 heat pts
space
space
$785 | Props total: 36 36
 Ghetto_Guevara said:
Kanye West is a shemale, Joe Camel is extra old, washed up and boring, both songs are trash.

But the fans will try to save this hot bullshiet by any means necessary, because they're too deep in Ye and Camel rectum to turn around.

Im gonna sit back and watch how Kanye gonna cry or scream on next music awards how "people dont understand his genius musics" and "leave Solder Boy alone hes hip hop" and then before he actually executes himself (to impress the crowd in a arty way, forgetting that he aint gonna live after that anymore) he will pull Solder Boy and Joe Camel, his 2 unsung heros...no wait...one...he already dedicated a song to a guy, so he will bring them to stage and rap some hot bullsh*t for you rap nerds to keep you happy.

Go get em Kanyetta.

WHAT THE fu*k ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?
 08-24-2008, 06:22 PM         #194
THE TRUTHINESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cuban Linx... said:
WHAT THE fu*k ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

Buddens lost.
 9 years ago '05        #195
LVuittonDon4EVA 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,611 | Props total: 442 442
This is honestly one of the first beats I've heard that sounds COMPLETELY DIFFERENT once you put it on your system. There's drums in the backdrop I couldn't even hear on my cpu for whatever reason. This beat is not as horrible as I initially thought.
 08-24-2008, 07:10 PM         #196
GuttaMane618 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*k all them n*ggas thats sayin this sh*t wack. yall aint got no swag at alll i see. the sample go hard as hell wit that beat. plus this sound like some sh*t jay would rip.
 9 years ago '06        #197
NickJ Da Voice 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,435 | Props total: 2 2
t.i. went in hard
 08-24-2008, 11:25 PM         #198
Italy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sh*ts hott no doubt....honestly no hate i just cant stand the hook....sounds too much like a no doubt track or something..
 08-24-2008, 11:36 PM         #199
Jayborne23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wack beat + excessive autotuner = Average song. I just can't listen to it.
 08-25-2008, 01:58 AM         #200
[BMAN] 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
On Friday, thousands of hip-hop supporters might have felt just like the Geto Boys' Bushwick Bill: "Ah man, homie, my mind's playin' tricks on me!" A song called "Swagger Like Us" -- featuring the rap dream team of T.I., Jay-Z, Lil Wayne and Kanye West -- leaked onto the Internet. How could a song so big -- a real song, too, not something a DJ patched together by extracting verses from other records -- just appear out of nowhere?

One of the record's stars has some questions of his own: T.I. would like to know how the song leaked. It's one of the premier records from his forthcoming LP, Paper Trail. The album -- which Tip previewed for MTV News back in May -- isn't due out until September 30, and the King of the South said the cut wasn't supposed to be debuted so soon.

"That's some bullsh--," a disappointed Tip told MTV News Saturday afternoon (August 23) via phone. "I'm beating down the Internet as we speak."

The MC -- who will perform a song from Paper Trail at the MTV Video Music Awards on September 7 -- obviously isn't upset with how well "Swagger Like Us" (or "S.L.U.") turned out or even the immediate positive reaction it's gotten. He just had planned on presenting his song properly rather than having it just thrown out there. He said it could have been "that much bigger" if he'd had the chance to roll it out in grand fashion.

"Don't ruin the event," he lamented. "Wait till the cake comes out the kitchen before you eat it. That's like a kid who sees his toys before Christmas; it takes away from me and I think it takes away from the fans as well. When it's time, I'mma give it to you. They leaked my record with me and The-Dream ["Like I Do"] too. Leakage is never a problem I have had. I'm not used to it."

Tip theorized that the high anticipation for Paper Trail may be the reason why songs such as "S.L.U.," "Like I Do" and "Life of the Party" (the latter isn't even slated to be on the LP) have found their way onto the Internet without his permission, but he quickly said "that's neither here nor there" and moved onto discussing the creation of "S.L.U."

"It's been done about a month," he said. "It was a song that Kanye and I had done first; me featuring Kanye. An idea had presented itself -- 'What if we included these people and made it an event record?' -- and I was like, 'That's a very ambitious idea but a lovely one.' "

Soon after, Hov and Weezy submitted verses. Jay liked the song so much that Tip said it will also appear on Jay's The Blueprint 3 album later this year. He did note that Paper Trail is where it will officially be released first.

"Swagger Like Us" was produced by Kanye West and features a sample of M.I.A.'s ubiquitous "Paper Planes," where she declares "No one on the corner got swagger like us." Kanye, who compares his swagger to singer Mick Jagger, starts off with punchlines aplenty: "I know I got it first/ I'm Christopher Columbus, y'all just the Pilgrims/ How it feel to wake up and be the sh--and the urine?/ Nah-na-na, trying to get that Kobe number, one over Jordan."

Jay follows -- "You can pay for school, but you can't buy class" -- Weezy bats third and Tip is the cleanup hitter. T.I. raps about his real-life controversies and how he doesn't worry about other rappers. "Sell a lot of records, I respect it and salute that/ But spitting real life on hot beats, I'm the truth at/ When you kick it like me, no exaggeration necessary."

In addition to the aforementioned trio of guests, Paper Trail has even more A-list guests: Usher has been added to "My Life, Your Entertainment," Rihanna appears on "Living My Life" and Justin Timberlake joins him on "Dead and Gone."

"I really appreciate it, man," Tip said humbly about the support he's gotten from his peers. "It's definitely an honor, man, to be among the elite in the game. To have as much respect from them as they have for me is also a privilege. I just wanna live up to all the expectations."

He talked a bit about "Dead and Gone," the Timberlake collaboration. "Basically, man, it's about the lessons I've learned in life, the old me being dead and gone. How I've changed, how my life has taken new meaning."

Surprisingly, a Kanye West cameo has been removed from a song on the album: "Sitting on Top of the World," which features B.O.B. from T.I.'s Grand Hustle label.

"Kanye's verse has been swapped," Tip said. "I still have Kanye's verse so maybe we'll do a remix down the line."

T.I.'s current video and single is "Whatever You Like." Videos have also been shot for "Swing Your Rag" and "What Up."
Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
37 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
109 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
104 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
64 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
90 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
26 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
60 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
18 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy