Anyone work at Finish Line?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
61 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Tay K has signed a record deal with 88 Classic Records worth millions.
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
137 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
70 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-18-2008, 05:44 PM         #1
18301 pageviews
18 comments

Father Aftermath 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Anyone work at Finish Line?

Anyone worked at finish line? positives/negatives?

18 comments for "Anyone work at Finish Line?"

9 years ago '05        #2
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,412 | Props total: 45 45
i work there techinically i guess still......

i think i've worked maybe 5 times, including the 'training'

got it as a second job, but really just to get the discount.....

it's not hard work, everything is mad easy to learn how to do, it's just really boring.......go get shoes for people, they don't want them, they want a different pair, they don't want those, they want the first pair you took back, they finally leave, you go fold shirts....

but it's easy money i guess...
 08-18-2008, 06:31 PM         #3
adrush  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
There's no such thing as a perfect job. And all stores will definitely vary. Some will have drama, some won't. Only thing I hated about it was that I was doing it for so long, I hated the sight of the place. Easy work, but if you're not tryna work your way up to a store manager spot in X amount of years... but just want that discount, work 1 or 2 days a week so you don't bore yourself with the job, or prepare to find another job ASAP. Anything over 16 hours will get old when they expect you to upsell their sh*tty product a lot. The customer is never right, and money is terrible, even for AM's (assistant managers).

Last edited by adrush; 08-18-2008 at 06:32 PM..
 08-19-2008, 12:05 AM         #4
RUStillDown  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 adrush said:
There's no such thing as a perfect job. And all stores will definitely vary. Some will have drama, some won't. Only thing I hated about it was that I was doing it for so long, I hated the sight of the place. Easy work, but if you're not tryna work your way up to a store manager spot in X amount of years... but just want that discount, work 1 or 2 days a week so you don't bore yourself with the job, or prepare to find another job ASAP. Anything over 16 hours will get old when they expect you to upsell their sh*tty product a lot. The customer is never right, and money is terrible, even for AM's (assistant managers).
Jobs ain't supposed to be a playground, plus I'm sure working at a footlocker type of store has its share of increase in getting at all kinds of chicks..
 08-19-2008, 07:48 AM         #5
Father Aftermath  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It's just a part time job while in school for easy hours, and the discount in the skeem of things. Do they pay minmum, or do they start above minimum or not even hourly wage? I know champs is on comission..
 08-19-2008, 07:59 AM         #6
built4haters  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
:D sh*t i worked at lady footlocker bout 2yrs ago...best job ever!!! me n manager were only dudes...
 9 years ago '06        #7
NCAT_Boi 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,518 | Props total: 19 19
 daliff89 said:
i work there techinically i guess still......

i think i've worked maybe 5 times, including the 'training'

got it as a second job, but really just to get the discount.....

it's not hard work, everything is mad easy to learn how to do, it's just really boring.......go get shoes for people, they don't want them, they want a different pair, they don't want those, they want the first pair you took back, they finally leave, you go fold shirts....

but it's easy money i guess...
...i work there too, and that's pretty much how it goes...except i've graduated a long time ago from folding shirts...i'm one of the highest paid sales a.ssociates making $9/hour. they stay on my tip for having good sales numbers...
 9 years ago '05        #8
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
 Father Aftermath said:
It's just a part time job while in school for easy hours, and the discount in the skeem of things. Do they pay minmum, or do they start above minimum or not even hourly wage? I know champs is on comission..
i think minimum around here is $6.55 right now......it was $5.85 when i got hired......they started me at $7.00 but that was because i know the manager and he knows i'm a good salesman......

they have a SPIFF type of thing.......like where if you sell shoe cleaner you get a dollar, you sell insoles you get $.50, etc.

that's why i don't like it, there's no motivation to be happy and TRY to sell the shoes since i get paid the same no matter what my peformance is....
 08-19-2008, 02:43 PM         #9
PizzaFace07  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 daliff89 said:

i think minimum around here is $6.55 right now......it was $5.85 when i got hired......they started me at $7.00 but that was because i know the manager and he knows i'm a good salesman......

they have a SPIFF type of thing.......like where if you sell shoe cleaner you get a dollar, you sell insoles you get $.50, etc.

that's why i don't like it, there's no motivation to be happy and TRY to sell the shoes since i get paid the same no matter what my peformance is....
damn cuz min wage is $8 here
 9 years ago '05        #10
TCalico87 36 heat pts36
space
space
$1,384 | Props total: 45 45
Im a manager at finishline. Its cool. Easiest job ive ever had. The pay aint the best. Im a GM and make 45k a year plus bonuses. Its better than most jobs. I see women all day and get to flirt :) best job ever
 9 years ago '05        #11
TCalico87 36 heat pts36
space
space
$1,384 | Props total: 45 45

right now for every new balance zip we sell we get 5.00. ive sold 6 this week. i should sell about 25. aint much, but it fills the tank up at least
 08-21-2008, 02:55 PM         #12
NIC DIAMONDS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I used to work there as an a.ssistant manager a few years ago. It's cool the pay wasn't sh*t though. My brother and my homeboy were a.ssistants too. My home boy had got a store and got fired. I hated the DM he was a big bonk headed racist hater. I liked working there though all the Ravens players used to come in and some of them were real cool, would give us tickets or whatever come in and say what's up and shoot the sh*t. I sold Method Man a pair of Airs and Cappadona used to come in a lot... I think it was my first real job where I had responibility so overall it was cool.
 9 years ago '06        #13
GlynnJR 
space
space
$632 | Props total: 9 9
When it cumz to workin' at a shoe store, i wouldn't work anywhere but Champs Sports. Iono about any otha shoe store that does commission. I mean if itz a dead azz mall then don't do commission, but if your mall iz poppin', and gettz jay'z too, ya check iz guaranteed to be fat! I only worked friday, saturday, sunday and thats like 15-20 hours a week at $5.50 + 1% commission and I was bringin' home 300 to 400 dollar checks err' two weeks. Not bad for weekends only. And depending on ya manager you may gett a couple of bucks if you are the top seller of insoles, socks, cleaner, or whateva they gott now lol
 08-22-2008, 04:02 PM         #14
Father Aftermath  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What kind of discount you getting at FL..no champs for me, thanks anyways lol
 9 years ago '05        #15
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
30%

that's really the only reason i haven't told them to take me off the schedule....

i've been dodging my manager for like a month and a half now.....just go in there when the a.ssistants that i'm cool with are in there and i'm set.
 08-22-2008, 11:48 PM         #16
Father Aftermath  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Btw, minimum around here is like $7.75, dude said he would be able to start me at 8 or 8.25, I'm should be getting a interview call next week. heh
 08-23-2008, 02:58 PM         #17
Father Aftermath  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 daliff89 said:
30%

that's really the only reason i haven't told them to take me off the schedule....

i've been dodging my manager for like a month and a half now.....just go in there when the a.ssistants that i'm cool with are in there and i'm set.
I was talking to a chick who worked at champs, and she said like you get to use your discount on how much you sell idinvidually or by store, is that true or what? Jw.. sorry for all the questions.
 9 years ago '05        #18
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
i don't know, all i know is i get 30% off whatever i want when i go into the store....
 9 years ago '06        #19
jgamel81 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,848 | Props total: 0 0
 GlynnJR said:
When it cumz to workin' at a shoe store, i wouldn't work anywhere but Champs Sports. Iono about any otha shoe store that does commission. I mean if itz a dead azz mall then don't do commission, but if your mall iz poppin', and gettz jay'z too, ya check iz guaranteed to be fat! I only worked friday, saturday, sunday and thats like 15-20 hours a week at $5.50 + 1% commission and I was bringin' home 300 to 400 dollar checks err' two weeks. Not bad for weekends only. And depending on ya manager you may gett a couple of bucks if you are the top seller of insoles, socks, cleaner, or whateva they gott now lol
maybe where u live, champs here is the WORST!!!! like when j's come out, they have to wait til monday to get the discount, if they don't sell out. they never busy, and the DM is a fukkin a**hole. 5 people quit that place last week. my podnuh is the store manager @ finishline and he get 50K + bonus. he start his people off @ $8 w/o experence.
Home      

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
105 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
48 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
74 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
180 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
274 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
65 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Dustin Hoffman Accused of Sexual Misconduct by 5 More Women, Includin..
36 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
186 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy