What happens once you stop taking whey/muscle milk/protien shakes?

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
58 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
20 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
98 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
228 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-17-2008, 01:11 PM         #1
32578 pageviews
20 comments

mblock 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What happens once you stop taking whey/muscle milk/protien shakes?

I just bought a 6 1/2 lb of CytoSport CytoGainer. Question, I heard a lot of good reviews about this, but what if I get to my goal, and stop taking this and still workout in the same routines, would I keep that status or lose it?

20 comments for "What happens once you stop taking whey/muscle milk/protien shakes?"

9 years ago '08        #2
Dat Nucka|m 
space
space
$1,953 | Props total: 0 0
You won't lose your results as long as you still lift pretty good..now with Creatine, that's different, your body will some what change after you take it
 9 years ago '08        #3
DUCE 141 heat pts141
space
space
$10,551 | Props total: 537 537
U die!!!!@!#!$!#!@
 9 years ago '04        #4
Lucifer|M 13 heat pts13
space
space
$18,279 | Props total: 66 66
 cuddyduce said:
U die!!!!@!#!$!#!@

You will see a slight difference, because your calorie and protein intake will be reduced, so you will see some weight loss, however for this not to occur, you would need to increase your meal consumption to make up for those lost calories and protein.
 08-17-2008, 08:38 PM         #5
H20  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nothing much, maybe some slight muscle mass loss. Depends though if you keep training hard, if you do, you probably won't see any change. The only change you might see is you probably won't see the gains as quick as you did while on protein. Because that's the main purpose of taking protein is to see those gains a lot quicker.
 08-17-2008, 09:19 PM         #6
mblock  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Serving size says 4 scoops though, should I take that once a day, or more than once,all at once or what?

thanks for the info
 9 years ago '08        #7
Dat Nucka|m 
space
space
$1,953 | Props total: 0 0
 mblock said:
Serving size says 4 scoops though, should I take that once a day, or more than once,all at once or what?

thanks for the info
your trying to gain weight right? If so then take around lunch (along with a meal and before bed, that works best for me
 9 years ago '06        #8
Rique 60 heat pts60
space
space
$40,542 | Props total: 18056 18056
my friend had cytogainer he didnt like it cuz the low servings he said it lasted like a little over a week maybe 2
 9 years ago '04        #9
tommymm96 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,512 | Props total: 6 6
 mblock said:
I just bought a 6 1/2 lb of CytoSport CytoGainer. Question, I heard a lot of good reviews about this, but what if I get to my goal, and stop taking this and still workout in the same routines, would I keep that status or lose it?
You're diet has to be at maintenance; you have to eat enough to maintain your body weight/composition.

Say you get to 200lbs. To maintain you'll wanna eat somewhere around 3000-3500 calories a day and 200-400g protein.
 08-18-2008, 11:59 AM         #10
mblock  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Makes sense. thanks
 08-18-2008, 01:31 PM         #11
pants40  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So, what happens when you stop taking Creatine monohydrate.
 08-18-2008, 03:09 PM         #12
RUStillDown  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 pants40 said:
You lose some mass, and some strength.
 08-29-2008, 02:39 AM         #13
thug_lyfe_05  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 pants40 said:
yah you might lose some muscle mass. because your body will contain less creatine than it normally has (if your taking creatine). thats why I FIND it better to take just protein shakes (that DONT contain creatine). because you can compensate for the protein with natural foods. but creatine, you cant (at least that i know of).

*wonders if theres natural foods that contain creatine*.
 9 years ago '98        #14
ronnie|A 10 heat pts10
space
space
$30,195 | Props total: 3597 3597
 stacks050 said:
weightgainers are basically a meal replacement, so just eat a meal when u would take the cyto and you'll grow bigger or stay the same.

i used to take cyto but stopped and just eat 6 to 7 meals a day and made real good gains but lately i been gettin lazy with preparing meals so i might switch back.
:iagree:
 9 years ago '08        #15
get_ate 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,853 | Props total: 416 416
 Rique said:
my friend had cytogainer he didnt like it cuz the low servings he said it lasted like a little over a week maybe 2
If it was the Cytogainer weight-gainer ( serving size 4 scoops x 3 servings a day ), then it lasting about a week or two sounds somewhat accurate, but the weight-gainers that I've used in the past have only lasted me about 4-5 days.

sh*t is purposely dispersed into the tubs to last a short period of time because using a weight-gainer for extended periods of time is idiotic, considering healthy weight gain is 1lb. a week, and anything more than that is fat.

Once the weight-gainer is finished, then you switch to regular protein and just maintain the new weight, or you can continue gaining ( but not with weight-gainer, because you're trying to limit fat gain and increase lean muscle mass ).
 08-30-2008, 09:09 PM         #16
kokaine  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 thug_lyfe_05 said:

Of course there is homie. Beef is a notable choice, I really think tuna is good with it too but I am not totally sure. I think in general, most red meats have good amounts of creatine but those sh*ts have saturated fat so most people benefit from creatine powders..

Last edited by kokaine; 08-30-2008 at 09:12 PM..
 9 years ago '06        #17
Jersey826 5 heat pts
space
space
$6,828 | Props total: 1175 1175
I've always wondered when cats say to eat 5-6 meals a day, what is considered a "meal"?

A tuna sandwich?

Or do I need to eat a 3 course meal 5-6 times a day?
 9 years ago '06        #18
Rique 60 heat pts60
space
space
$40,542 | Props total: 18056 18056
 Jersey826 said:
I've always wondered when cats say to eat 5-6 meals a day, what is considered a "meal"?

A tuna sandwich?

Or do I need to eat a 3 course meal 5-6 times a day?
As much as you can a tuna sandwich with a decent side would be considered a meal. Mashed potatoes on the side
 9 years ago '04        #19
123456 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,273 | Props total: 273 273
 thug_lyfe_05 said:
yah you might lose some muscle mass. because your body will contain less creatine than it normally has (if your taking creatine). thats why I FIND it better to take just protein shakes (that DONT contain creatine). because you can compensate for the protein with natural foods. but creatine, you cant (at least that i know of).

kinda...some of the mass gain you will get is from the water retention from the creatine

you don't lose "muscle"...you just lose some size which is the water in your muscle. it's nothing to worry about though because while you're on creatine, your strength should increase and while it's possible to lose SOME of it when you get off of it, it still helped you pass a certain point. so it should be easier for you to get past that point again if stopping creatine ends up reducing your strength
 09-01-2008, 03:43 AM         #20
thug_lyfe_05  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 123456 said:
kinda...some of the mass gain you will get is from the water retention from the creatine

you don't lose "muscle"...you just lose some size which is the water in your muscle. it's nothing to worry about though because while you're on creatine, your strength should increase and while it's possible to lose SOME of it when you get off of it, it still helped you pass a certain point. so it should be easier for you to get past that point again if stopping creatine ends up reducing your strength
i know that, i just didnt see it necessary to get technical.

and he will lose some strength because creatine is an acid that supplies ENERGY to muscles and nerve cells. less creatine=less energy unless he can compensate for it.
Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
34 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
89 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
57 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Ashamed Of Pixel Sales, Google Begins Hiding Pixel Launcher Install Count In P..
7 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
58 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
191 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
94 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
67 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy