[Official] Young Jeezy - The Recession/Young Jeezy On Pace To Sell 250k

most viewed right now
 NFL So lets speculate what the Antonio Brown injury might be
15 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
63 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 NFL JuJu turns the hit on Vontaze Burfict that got him suspended into a TD cel..
16 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

BETTER VERSE
JEEZY 4 50.00%
BOOSIE 4 50.00%
Voters: 8. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #241
tmontana171 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,265 | Props total: 95 95
i think jeezys first album was the best content real street sh*t classic....inspiration production sh*ts on 101 and recession...recession seems to me to be a concept album that stays on the concept the whole time...beats go with eachother i think its enjoyable but again need to listen more before i can dissect his lyrics and content
 9 years ago '04        #242
Exs 153 heat pts153
space
space
$5,791 | Props total: 1359 1359
 tmontana171 said:
i think jeezys first album was the best content real street sh*t classic....inspiration production sh*ts on 101 and recession...recession seems to me to be a concept album that stays on the concept the whole time...beats go with eachother i think its enjoyable but again need to listen more before i can dissect his lyrics and content

Yeh man i totally agree with you.. but everyone forgets that when Thug Motivation 101 dropped Jeezy was fresh and something new from the south... So for him to put out this good of an album 4 years later is quite exceptional and thats why I'll put Recession over 101. B/c song for song Recession outdoes both previous albums!

IN THIS CRAZY WORLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDD
 08-27-2008, 01:56 PM         #243
DaytonSmear 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CheezyDoDo said:
Nobody even mentioned wayne in this thread.Maybe you need to hop off his d*ck
Aint no one on weezys d*ck you dumbass... You aint gone hear 1 wayne song on my Ipod, so lets get dat str8... c3 aint the album of the year... I know this board agrees but its tons of people that dont so dats why I say that... Hop off my d*ck boy and get yo weight up... okaayy
 08-27-2008, 02:01 PM         #244
DaytonSmear 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bradleyb87 said:
I tried to tell n*ggas this, but they wouldn't listen to me. Once u listen to da beat, how could you not know that D. Rich produced dat sh*t? It has his whole swag/sound all over it. I think people are gettin' mislead, 'cause Shawty Redd is all on da hook talkin' bout he makes da hottest beats, and sh*t like dat. "Yeah, y'all must done lost y'all mind? Shawty Redd on da track. Aye, Jeezy... They rappin' like you, makin' beats like me, etc..." The hook goes... "They say - who dat? - n*gga, we dat. Shawty Redd on da track. They say - who dat? - n*gga, we dat. Reportin' live from da trap, etc..."
Yeah, thats my fam tho... sh*t is a ghost production, obviously... But its so obvious, anyone who know who D Rich is, this is his track... sad thing is, Shawty Redd better had signed this dude, bcuz his beats hotter than Shawty Redd, maybe not better produced, but they wayyy hotter than Shawty Redd sh*t, and i bet thats why he signed him, cuz u aint gone shine harder than the leader of the camp. I heard some of D's new sh*t tho and let me tell you, these sh*ts be giving me chills lol... He is Shawty Redd on steroids lol
 9 years ago '05        #245
ddmoney 
space
space
space
$542 | Props total: 0 0
roughest song on the album in my mind i only scanned threw it so far doe. so far it sounded like a so so album

Last edited by ddmoney; 08-27-2008 at 02:08 PM..
 08-27-2008, 02:06 PM         #246
Danja2Society 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Comic Book Guy said:
Look at this track list and tell me one song that doesn't deliver

1 "The Recession (Intro)" DJ Toomp 4:38
2 "Welcome Back" DJ Squeeky 4:07
3 "By The Way" Terry "T.A." Allen 4:00
4 "Crazy World" Midnight Black 3:57
5 "What They Want" Midnight Black 3:53
6. "Amazin'" Drumma Boy & John Frazier Jr. 4:16
7 "Hustlaz Ambition" Drumma Boy 3:40
8 "Who Dat" Shawty Redd & D. Rich 3:49
9 "Don't Know You" Midnight Black 4:58
10 "Dollar Circulate" Don Cannon 3:49
11 "Word Play" J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League 3:14
12 "Vacation" The Inkredibles 3:46
13 "Everything" Street Market Music Anthony Hamilton & Lil Boosie 4:41
14 "Takin' It There" FATBOI Trey Songz 3:28
15 "Don't Do It" DJ Pain 1 4:06
16 "Put On" Drumma Boy Kanye West 5:21
17 "Get Alot" Crown Kingz Productions 4:29
18 "My President" Tha Bizness Nas 5:30

Im just glad Jeezy did this sh*t for the streets... Everything has been mainstream head bop bullsh*t and Jeezy took it to the gutter with this one... This is the one CD so far this year that can compete with Wayne on a buzz level. We'll see what T.I. puts out but I'm guessin it won't beat this.

In this current state of Rick Ross and Plies rap its such a relief to hear somebody like Jeezy set the record straight. And I couldn't be happier that this sh*t blows his last release out of the water and is almost (if not) equal with thug motivation 101.

Every song beats the hell outta ALL the songs T.I. has released so far.
 9 years ago '08        #247
Andre3stacks 20 heat pts20
space
space
$18,970 | Props total: 7393 7393
Mods dont merge this thread. Verse was solid IMO :applause:
 9 years ago '04        #248
refuze 285 heat pts285
space
space
$18,701 | Props total: 15530 15530
jeezy isnt the hottest rapper when it comes to lyrics but you cant deny the fact that he rides the beats perfectly. he has his own style and he knows how to use it
 9 years ago '07        #249
Jago 1035 heat pts1035
space
space
space
$3,763 | Props total: 5527 5527
 HotepSuns said:
this board exaggerates every major album that drops.."it's classic,it's the most astronomically,greatest,mind bending album of all time...i'm losing my got damn mind...THE BEATSSSSSSSS...THE BEATSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.."...you n1ggas need to take a nap beofre you listen to music.....the album is straight...it's nowhere near thug motivation 101...but i never expected jeezy to ever make an album that would...for me personally just based off the leaked tracks it was better than the inspiration..i wasn't really feeling the inspiration..minus about 4 songs...but i'm gonna let this albu mmarinate,give it a good whip test over the rest of the week,and delve deeper into the album....because i don't have these super powers where i can listen to an album once,and announce it as the greatest album of all time....
Ha ha ha!
 9 years ago '05        #250
Micheal C. Will 18 heat pts18
space
space
$28,232 | Props total: 15792 15792
 The Blueprint said:
Inspiration was horrible, dunno what you on about
I Luv it alone off of the Inspiration.......beat wise sh*ts on everything the recession has to offer.
 9 years ago '04        #251
GoldynChyld421 
space
space
space
$7,956 | Props total: 708 708
Album is straight off first 2 listens...

Get Alotta >>>>

That sh*t been in my head since I heard it....
 9 years ago '04        #252
GoldynChyld421 
space
space
space
$7,956 | Props total: 708 708
 THEINFAMOUS said:
^ Dont Do It is the weakest track
:wow:

That's one of the stand out tracks on there to me... Even tho the beat is resampled off some sh*t that's been used a couple times already...

I been bumpin that sh*t since it leaked a couple weeks ago...
 08-28-2008, 07:34 PM         #253
NotSoft 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jeezy has gotten better wit his song makin each album...admit or not song for song Inspiration>>>tm101...and now we have Reccesion.

Ambitionz Az A Hustla is godly level...i like the fact Defjam lets Jeezy do what he wanna do instead of tryna force him to do forced ladies tracks like Lil Wayne and Plies have to do....i wish Wayne could go back to his Carter 1 and 2 days and Plies could do what blew him up in the first place...thank u defjam for that...Cubes album still better right noww but the more i listen iono this album is comin up,i realized i wuz missin sum songs,nikkas wuz tryna disguise they songs as Jeezys songs i guess so people would listen to they bullsh1t so i got thrown off.
 08-28-2008, 08:47 PM         #254
Shapeupizsharp 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
TRACK I THINK 15 "DONT DO IT" IS THE SAME JAWN FROM FREEWAYS ALBUM WHERE FREEWAY FEATURES SCARFACE ...I WAS LISTENIN TO IT LIKE DAMN I KNOW I HEARD IT BEFORE THEN IT HIT ME LIKE THIS n*gga JEEZY ROBBIN FREEWAYS sh*t!!
 9 years ago '04        #255
NBA Brawler 112 heat pts112
space
space
$17,568 | Props total: 2426 2426
they used the same sample. so what? its not like it never happened before
 08-28-2008, 08:59 PM         #256
Shapeupizsharp 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NBA Brawler said:
ITS CALLED "d*ck EATING"...N ITS NOT JUS THE SAMPLE THE BEAT IS ALMOST EXACTLY THE SAME
 9 years ago '04        #257
J-Flexxx 
space
space
space
$1,238 | Props total: 0 0
 NBA Brawler said:
for real, first thing that came to my mind was when Diddy and then Kids In The Hall both sampled the same track and the albums came out within weeks of each other.
 9 years ago '07        #258
wtr1906 45 heat pts45
space
space
$17,725 | Props total: 4479 4479
It don't even matter though because Freeway's Track>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jeezy's Track
 9 years ago '05        #259
d_ville5 
space
space
$839 | Props total: 6 6
haha remember when Ja Rule n Ashanti had that 'Mezmorize' on the radio, then Smilez n Southstar had a song w/ the same beat that would get played 2 min later
 9 years ago '06        #260
Jersey826 5 heat pts
space
space
$6,828 | Props total: 1175 1175
Haha that was one of my favorite tracks off The Recessions cause listening to the beat I said to myself "damn this sounds like some NJ/NY sh*t". And here I find out...........it is. Well Philly, same area.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
32 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
119 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
84 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Shane Larkin trolls a BX member
14 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
320 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
170 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside So BX, you smashin or nah? :dead:
23 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
123 comments
24 hours ago