Aug 15 - Master P Takes On BET With New Cable Network

most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
48 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA NBA GMs vote Wolves star Towns best player to build around - Is it still t..
43 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
123 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Troy ave is back ladies and gentleman
80 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-15-2008, 10:17 PM         #41
Styl3s 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
is this a good thing? sure, is the name stupid? yes.. will i watch it? no.

keep doing your thing master p, but for the love of god dont stick with "better black TV" unless im reading this wrong and he means its better black TV and thats not the actual name

BET sucks.
 9 years ago '08        #42
UnkleLuc_ 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,469 | Props total: 159 159
IM TIRED OF ALL THESE BULLsh*t CHANNELS THINKING THEY KNOW WTF IS BLACK TELEVISION...

goddamn...

NOT ALL HUMANS HAVE THE SAME Tastes...
 08-15-2008, 10:28 PM         #43
Styl3s 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 UnkleLuc_ said:
IM TIRED OF ALL THESE BULLsh*t CHANNELS THINKING THEY KNOW WTF IS BLACK TELEVISION...

goddamn...

wtf are you smoking, hes just making a family friendly channel that appeals to black people.. you know.. like pure african american entertainment, like shows that are made for black people, sh*t white people dont find funny, good or care about, much like how some shows that are catered towards white people black people dont find funny nore care about

lay off the cocaine man.. its not like hes saying he knows what all black people wants.. he just wants to create a channel thats specifically caters to black families, i for one honestly will never watch it but i think its a great idea.
 9 years ago '08        #44
UnkleLuc_ 3 heat pts
space
space
What the fukk appeals to black people..i want you to lay that out to me and make it as non racial as possible

its 2008 dude.. i dont need a channell to remind of what lack people like to watch and what white people like to watch and what indians like to watch

Lemme guess what they are gonna show on the network...Gospel on sundays, reruns of tv shows with primarily black actors, rap, and rnb... and commercials with afro-beuty products.....sh*t is LAME

how is this a great idea........................BET is already doing this sh*t(and they suck)
 08-15-2008, 10:37 PM         #45
non-fiction 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 UnkleLuc_ said:

goddamn...

Props to Master P for doing this, all luv for anything taking away views from BET,
but putting out another station soley devoted to "black culture and that nature" is taking a step in da wrong direction

BET was essentiallyly made, to air black content that other stations weren't airing or takin a chance on - BET thne died when it took on the monicker of this is what blacks watch, this is how blacks act, this is what blacks like"

However the sad thing ppl think they just stopped watching BET cuz a certain TV show stop airing or the music they play is wack , naw subliminally u stopped watching cuz BET was tellin u wat u liked,wat u were spose to act like and subconsciously ppl are like " just cuz im black i have to to watch BET and act da way most ppl act on dat channel" when black ppl are just are jsut people that do wat ppl do to survive

People ask wat would happen if they made an all WHITE or etc, station would that be racist? - hell naw that would jsut be calld channels 1-48___50 +

In a big way Master P new station is basically saying blacks are so diff from err body else they need dere own stations to show the way they live" when in fact all what needs to be done is just for more black orientated programs to be put on all channels period to show our shows are like err1's shows we like da same stuff,

BET just appears as a station where if your a black orientated show you must be on this channel and nothing else"

Now ,Master P channel cant take dat approach if it wants views
 9 years ago '08        #46
UnkleLuc_ 3 heat pts
space
space
 non-fiction said:
props to master p for doing this, all luv for anything taking away views from bet,
but putting out another station soley devoted to "black culture and that nature" is taking a step in da wrong direction

bet was essentiallyly made, to air black content that other stations weren't airing or takin a chance on - bet thne died when it took on the monicker of this is what blacks watch, this is how blacks act, this is what blacks like"

however the sad thing ppl think they just stopped watching bet cuz a certain tv show stop airing or the music they play is wack , naw subliminally u stopped watching cuz bet was tellin u wat u liked,wat u were spose to act like and subconsciously ppl are like " just cuz im black i have to to watch bet and act da way most ppl act on dat channel" when black ppl are just are jsut people that do wat ppl do to survive

people ask wat would happen if they made an all white or etc, station would that be racist? - hell naw that would jsut be calld channels 1-48___50 +

in a big way master p new station is basically saying blacks are so diff from err body else they need dere own stations to show the way they live" when in fact all what needs to be done is just for more black orientated programs to be put on all channels period to show our shows are like err1's shows we like da same stuff,

bet just appears as a station where if your a black orientated show you must be on this channel and nothing else"

now ,master p channel cant take dat approach if it wants views
*steals philosophy*
 08-15-2008, 10:42 PM         #47
bwrecks 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 gmoney313 said:
smart business man. hope jay z and 50 learn from this n*gga.
Cosign. Master P is a visionary and a Hip Hop Legend in my books. This negro has changed Black culture in a way that no other man has. This man is truly an American success story. The nicca went from selling drugs, to sellin music, to running independent records labels, to what will be i am sure a very successful TV network for urban blacks to look foward to saying. We have needed something like this in America for WAY too long.

I just hope he doesn't get greedy and sell out like Bob Johnson did! If you remember correctly BET used to be a responsible black station in the past. Due to it selling out to Viacom did it lead to its current, defunct state.

This is big......REAL BIG!!!

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause: :applause: for Master P.
 9 years ago '05        #48
mikesaimname 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,643 | Props total: 199 199
i'd watch if they promise no lil wayne
 9 years ago '07        #49
dnycem 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,729 | Props total: 1741 1741
Homage.Ill support.That's if its free with direct tv
 08-15-2008, 10:49 PM         #50
non-fiction 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 UnkleLuc_ said:
*steals philosophy*
you saw the quotes
 08-15-2008, 10:51 PM         #51
bwrecks 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 non-fiction said:
Props to Master P for doing this, all luv for anything taking away views from BET,

BET was essentiallyly made, to air black content that other stations weren't airing or takin a chance on - BET thne died when it took on the monicker of this is what blacks watch, this is how blacks act, this is what blacks like"

However the sad thing ppl think they just stopped watching BET cuz a certain TV show stop airing or the music they play is wack , naw subliminally u stopped watching cuz BET was tellin u wat u liked,wat u were spose to act like and subconsciously ppl are like " just cuz im black i have to to watch BET and act da way most ppl act on dat channel" when black ppl are just are jsut people that do wat ppl do to survive

People ask wat would happen if they made an all WHITE or etc, station would that be racist? - hell naw that would jsut be calld channels 1-48___50 +

In a big way Master P new station is basically saying blacks are so diff from err body else they need dere own stations to show the way they live" when in fact all what needs to be done is just for more black orientated programs to be put on all channels period to show our shows are like err1's shows we like da same stuff,

BET just appears as a station where if your a black orientated show you must be on this channel and nothing else"

Now ,Master P channel cant take dat approach if it wants views
Ur a fukking idiot and missing the point. First and foremost, although we are all Americans, white and blacks in America have two very different cultures! From the lexicon used within each group, to the general mindset of one group comapared to another is very different. Although this gap is narrowing as blacks become more successful and begin to have better situations.

Take the show Sinefeld for instance. This comedy was a show about a rich Jewish man who tells funny jokes and lives in downtown Manhattan. Now tell me this, how many black people do you know that have this lifestyle? How many black people could REALLY relate to the comedic references, jokes, and satire filled in that comedy? Very few I bet. That show was NOT appreciated in the hood for his very reason. Yet many whites feel that was the best show on TV in the last 50 years.

Because one group of people live in the same country of another group of people, doesn't mean that they all have to have the exact same taste and ideas. That would be ideal, yet it is impossible in this country due to its sordid past. As the wounds heal and time progresses this gap will narrow, but until then, it is what it is.

:cool-smiley-009:

BTW, Goat TV shows in my lifetime are as follows:

In Living Color
Martin
Dave Chapelle Show
Goodtimes
Da Ali G Show
The Cosby Show
Different World
Fresh Prince of Bellair
Fraiser
Living Single
Cops............................Just Kidding!

Please add on

Last edited by bwrecks; 08-15-2008 at 10:54 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #52
Kadroan 102 heat pts102
space
space
$33,454 | Props total: 6392 6392
good looks, finally somebody doing something positive for a chance. i hope it work out for him
 9 years ago '06        #53
yungfresh2def 21 heat pts21
space
space
$531 | Props total: 1 1
i hope other artists in the hip-hop community help support this brother, we need something positive for the youth to watch, i hope it shows positive images of people of color and not the stereotypical sh*t thats out on tv or in theatersright now, we don't have the shows like they use to have that showed positive black people like "the cosby show" and "a different world",i will support this

Last edited by yungfresh2def; 08-15-2008 at 11:09 PM..
 08-15-2008, 11:09 PM         #54
Domic462 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Thepeoplerunnin said:
And what would happen is there was a WET channel......

NOT A pr0n CHANNEL....

But a actual white entertainment channel.......
I's called Fox
 08-15-2008, 11:19 PM         #55
BigRic 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
they need a channel that plays all rap & hip hop and underground. old and new and that doesnt repeat videos over and over like mtv jams
 08-15-2008, 11:20 PM         #56
Diggity199 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
question is are we gonna have to get some sh*tty cable like WOW or att u-verse to watch it?
 08-15-2008, 11:36 PM         #57
tha_ape 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Good for him, but it will change. MTV used to play music videos only. Now its not really Music Television anymore. Its filled with TV shows and BS that is more geared toward a younger generation, not music. BET started off as Black Television, but its changed into Urban Television and people a.ssociate all things thug/ghetto with blacks.
 9 years ago '05        #58
awall 
space
space
space
$3,332 | Props total: 38 38
 tha_ape said:
Good for him, but it will change. MTV used to play music videos only. Now its not really Music Television anymore. Its filled with TV shows and BS that is more geared toward a younger generation, not music. BET started off as Black Television, but its changed into Urban Television and people a.ssociate all things thug/ghetto with blacks.
how old or stupid are you cats???

trust me everything thug ghetto has always been thought to be black...

it started with gansgter rap of the 80's.....not bet.
 9 years ago '04        #59
bout2getuwetma 
space
space
space
$99 | Props total: 0 0
 ElMarroAfamado said:
damn how is master p still a gazillionair if all his music sucked....his movies...
his clothingline everything he has ever done has gone to the ground how the fu*k he still rich?
im wonderin the same thing my dude......but supposedly he was a drug lord in the N.O back in the 80s..plus if u think bout hes him n cash money are the reason hip hop is southern.....if not 4 him....back in 96/97 i woulda never knew down south people knew how to rap.....lol....he made southern music national..so i guess thas where his bread came from...
 9 years ago '06        #60
tpoker 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,423 | Props total: 179 179
eventually it will turn n2 bet...this bs start up stuff is jus marketing 101
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
29 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
139 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
207 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
235 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
190 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
79 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fake Ashanti Look WAAY BADDER Than The Real Ashanti
32 comments
19 hours ago