Aug 15 - Master P Takes On BET With New Cable Network

most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
39 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
128 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
51 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '07        #1
5679 pageviews
100 comments

Cartel-Clipz 28 heat pts28
space
space
$29,373 | Props total: 21435 21435
Aug 15 - Master P Takes On BET With New Cable Network

Hip-hop entrepreneur Percy Miller, a.k.a. Master P, is launching a family-friendly cable network, Better Black Television.

The network will provide "positive content for a black and brown culture," according to a company statement.

BBTV, set to launch in 2009, will be a general entertainment channel running a wide range of scripted, unscripted and news programming, including drama and comedy series, movies, animation, reality, politics, sports and entertainment news, children's educational and teen programming, as well as "responsible hip-hop music and videos."

BBTV advisory board members include Oscar winner Denzel Washington; Vault Load Films president Jim Finkl; NAACP executive director Vicangelo Bullock; NBA player Derek Anderson; cable industry veteran Prof. Sal Martino; hip-hop pioneer DJ Kool Herc; entrepreneur Olatokunbo Betiku; and real estate mogul Curtis Oakes.

BBTV chairman and CEO Miller said he's had the vision for BBTV for several years. "I believe that there is a market in our community for a new diverse network that provides a new brand of superior programming that caters to all aspects of television, from reality to original programming," he said.

The new channel is taking on the black-oriented cable channel BET. Miller stressed that he has "a great relationship with BET and MTV" and that he and his son, Lil' Romeo, "will continue to do work with them and support their networks."

Production on BBTV's programs has begun in California, New York, Louisiana and Florida. The cable channel is in the process of purchasing local cable channel affiliates across the country.

BBTV's programming in the works:

* "Sunset and Vine": Video show hosted by Vyshonn Miller and Brittany Phillips that will showcase the top hip-hop and R&B acts as well as play classic videos.

* "One Shot Comedy Show": Comedy show hosted by Gary Johnson (a.k.a. G-Thing) featuring established and upcoming comedians.

* "Gee Gee the Giraffe": Children's educational show (will air Saturday morning on BBTV Kids).

* "Manage Your Money": Featuring financially successful people lending tips to promote financial literacy.

* "Close to the Starz": A behind-the-scenes show that takes the viewers up close and personal to their favorite celebrities.

* "Karma TV Show": Bilingual soap opera with an African-American and Latino cast.

* "What's Cooking TV Show": Talk show that covers wide aspects of entertainment and current events while cooking healthy, budget-conscious meals.

* "The Black List Movies": Film showcase featuring classic and contemporary movies, as well as original BBTV productions.

* "Hip-Hop Garage Show": Saturday show that will play new and upcoming music.

[pic - click to view]

http://www.billboard.com/ .. _id=1003839497

:applause:

100 comments for "Aug 15 - Master P Takes On BET With New Cable Network"

9 years ago '04        #2
wheezyfbaby 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,410 | Props total: 29 29
This sounds great, but I will wait and see how things are presented.
 9 years ago '05        #3
DUKINS|M 
space
space
$7,305 | Props total: 37 37
This is big. Ill support it.
 9 years ago '05        #4
marq 
space
space
space
$1,333 | Props total: 0 0
just to see bet go down i'll support, hopefully it doesn't become worse than bet
 9 years ago '08        #5
arthurmack27 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,934 | Props total: 687 687
great idea. but everything master p has done lately has crashed and burned. hopefully this one pans out. he has a great vision, i just hope he isnt the one controlling everything.
 9 years ago '05        #6
b_eazy 61 heat pts61
space
space
$17,698 | Props total: 2335 2335
I hope the video play is better than BET garbage flow
 9 years ago '05        #7
rippac4 
space
space
$14,133 | Props total: 1050 1050
damn P still doing it, def. will support it
 9 years ago '04        #8
King Kusanagi 36 heat pts36
space
space
$8,941 | Props total: 3140 3140
Dude is a True Hustler

Master P Hustle Scheme >>>>>>>>>>>
 9 years ago '04        #9
WOODS5000 
space
space
$2,162 | Props total: 92 92
uhhhhhhhhhh na na na
 9 years ago '06        #10
elmonto 
space
space
$5,413 | Props total: 2 2
good, it will be good to have an alternative to black eeeevil television aka bet.

and for all of those saying master p is broke, k!ll yo self
 9 years ago '04        #11
grock04 
space
space
space
$597 | Props total: 0 0
good lookin
 9 years ago '08        #12
Sowhat 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,571 | Props total: 1 1
P has come along way since he came out. It's good to see rappers who aren't afraid to act their age. I hope the shows are quality, however I have a gut feeling that they may be upn reject type shows. I hope I'm wrong. I wonder which reruns they'll show. I hope he can get "What's Happening Now" which had a young Martin Laurence in it.
 9 years ago '05        #13
CallmeJR 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,094 | Props total: 781 781
The PBS version of BET ...ok.. I might check it out though. I hardly watch TV anyway but i'll take a look at it
 9 years ago '07        #14
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,400 | Props total: 16105 16105
 arthurmack27 said:
great idea. but everything master p has done lately has crashed and burned. hopefully this one pans out. he has a great vision, i just hope he isnt the one controlling everything.
because he decided to act..lol But if he gets some new talent, I respect his mission.
 9 years ago '07        #15
gmoney313 
space
space
space
$248 | Props total: 8 8
smart business man. hope jay z and 50 learn from this n*gga.
 9 years ago '04        #16
memphis10 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,595 | Props total: 2989 2989
It's about time! I always thought there should be an alternative to BET throughout the years. It's like they are furthering stereotypes. Good for P. Miller.
 9 years ago '04        #17
Quez04 
space
space
space
$440 | Props total: 2 2
 memphis10 said:
It's about time! I always thought there should be an alternative to BET throughout the years. It's like they are furthering stereotypes. Good for P. Miller.

I thought that was supposed to be TV One. Good look for P though, although I don't really care for the name of the network
 9 years ago '04        #18
TNWTMP 
space
space
$1,649 | Props total: 13 13
I will definitely be supporting this
 08-15-2008, 03:05 PM         #19
RealityMuzik 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The Truth i tip my hat to Dog for this one
 9 years ago '05        #20
nahsuhmeanz 
space
space
$9,949 | Props total: 2751 2751
See as a black person what I don't get is if we complain about segregation so much why do we always do it back. Like BET is pointless now, I understood it at first since MTV wouldn't play black music at first they created BET but now its been like 20 years time to change it up or stop bi*ching.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
98 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
57 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
115 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
290 comments
1 day ago