Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
50 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
74 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
69 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Does he still have it?
5 Mics 130 41.80%
4 Mics 114 36.66%
3 Mics 38 12.22%
2 Mics 15 4.82%
1 Mic 14 4.50%
Voters: 311. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 08-22-2008, 04:50 AM         #141
bwrecks 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The Beat on "MONEY" is fukking BANANAS! LAMO at people saying that song is wack. Album is easily top 5 this year, no question. My top 5 so far is:

1. NAS - zzzzzz
2. Lil Wayne - Carter 3
3. The Game - LAX
4. Skillz - Million Dollar Backpack
5. The Cool Kids - The In Crowd
 08-22-2008, 04:54 AM         #142
FaceMob 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bwrecks said:
The Beat on "MONEY" is fukking BANANAS! LAMO at people saying that song is wack. Album is easily top 5 this year, no question. My top 5 so far is:

1. NAS - zzzzzz
2. Lil Wayne - Carter 3
3. The Game - LAX
The Carter 3 is a fu*king joke. Also, I didnt know The Cool Kids Album dropped all I seen was a EP never a LP. Take that Carter 3 sh*t off and put LAX at 1, ABN It is What it Is at 2, Elizhi at 3, Nas at 4 and Z-Ro crazk at 5 even though it aint drop. Itll prolly be the best or #2 at least.
 08-22-2008, 05:09 AM         #143
bwrecks 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 FaceMob said:
The Carter 3 is a fu*king joke. Also, I didnt know The Cool Kids Album dropped all I seen was a EP never a LP. Take that Carter 3 sh*t off and put LAX at 1, ABN It is What it Is at 2, Elizhi at 3, Nas at 4 and Z-Ro crazk at 5 even though it aint drop. Itll prolly be the best or #2 at least.
Naw the only album that might penetrate this list is That new Jeezy. Do you have a link to that El-zhi?
 08-22-2008, 08:13 AM         #144
jag1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
For me, Let Us Live is best track on the album.

sh*t is dope.

Not really feeling the whole album tho, I like maybe 4-5 songs, I've deleted the others.
 9 years ago '05        #145
nawtyxes 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,407 | Props total: 1046 1046
 bwrecks said:
The Beat on "MONEY" is fukking BANANAS! LAMO at people saying that song is wack.

he should have had Rick Ross on that track
 9 years ago '08        #146
gametime187 
space
space
$1,102 | Props total: 43 43
It's an ok album, Game needs focus and direction.
 9 years ago '06        #147
YERCELL 
space
space
$3,970 | Props total: 0 0
What are the two tracks that are supposed to be on the Special Edition... not the bonus tracks from the Deluxe Edition.
 9 years ago '06        #148
jj01 
space
space
$44,949 | Props total: 4669 4669
its ok i guess, not really my thing. i kept about 3 tracks
 08-22-2008, 06:03 PM         #149
bay224 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
it was wack
 9 years ago '04        #150
getyagameup 24 heat pts24
space
space
$4,044 | Props total: 27 27
this album is damn near a CLASSIC!....I've been an avid hip hop listener & I havent heard an album that was so well put together in a LONG TIME!! The production is incredible! Game goes IN on this album!! Great collabo's....some critics may say a little too many..but I dont think so...nothing seems rushed or forced...the entire album just flows from the beginning to the end. I think this may go down as his best album thus far. It may not have as many commercial hits as the documentary but overall..track for track..its better!
Definite nominee for album of the year! EASILY!!!!
 9 years ago '04        #151
skillz0104 
space
space
$460 | Props total: 0 0
Touchdown..<--- played it for ol girl...instant panty dropper
 9 years ago '05        #152
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,334 | Props total: 1670 1670
That Spanglish bonus track is crazy.
 9 years ago '04        #153
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,685 | Props total: 17 17
 bwrecks said:

1. NAS - zzzzzz
2. Lil Wayne - Carter 3
3. The Game - LAX
Do you mean
The Kidz in the Hall - The In Crowd or
The Cool Kids - Bake Sale EP

They both were dope, but The Kidz in the Hall album was pretty damn good.
 9 years ago '05        #154
SyDuck 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,346 | Props total: 346 346
Damn this album is sick. 1st listen all the way through, and I think it sounds better than any of Games other albums.

Documentary was good, but I think it was built for too much radio appeal. This album is more raw and coherent..

My favorite song is "Let Us Live".. you can hear a Nas influence in his flow, and his flow sounds stronger than ever.
"Voice raspy, who I sound like,
don't ask me. Thats my n*gga, we classy"

"Letter To The King" sounds aight. I wish they would have changed it up more, it sounds like they're dwelling on "Ol English"... the tone sounds too similar. Sounds like "Ol English continued" instrumental wise. Not that it's bad, I just wanted to hear something different from Hi-Tek & Game. I think they go well together.

Last edited by SyDuck; 08-23-2008 at 09:56 AM..
 9 years ago '05        #155
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,334 | Props total: 1670 1670
 SyDuck said:
Damn this album is sick. 1st listen all the way through, and I think it sounds better than any of Games other albums.

Documentary was good, but I think it was built for too much radio appeal. This album is more raw and coherent..

My favorite song is "Let Us Live".. you can hear a Nas influence in his flow, and his flow sounds stronger than ever.
"Voice raspy, who I sound like,
don't ask me. Thats my n*gga, we classy"

"Letter To The King" sounds aight. I wish they would have changed it up more, it sounds like they're dwelling on "Ol English"... the tone sounds too similar. Sounds like "Ol English continued" instrumental wise. Not that it's bad, I just wanted to hear something different from Hi-Tek & Game. I think they go well together.
100% true minus the Ol' English statement
 08-24-2008, 10:13 AM         #156
Born_Fly08 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Holiday Styles said:

[pic - click to view]

1. Intro (Feat. DMX)
2. LAX Files
3. State of Emergency (Feat. Ice Cube)
4. Bulletproof Diaries (Feat. Raekwon)
5. My Life (Feat. Lil Wayne)
6. Money
7. Cali Sunshine (Feat. Bilal)
8. Ya Heard (Feat. Ludacris)
9. Hard Liquor (Interlude)
10. House Of Pain
11. Gentlemanís Affair (Feat. Ne-Yo)
12. Let Us Live (Feat. Chrisette Michelle)
13. Touchdown (Feat. Raheem DaVaughn)
14. Angel (Feat. Common)
15. Never Can Say Goodbye (Feat. Latoiya Williams)
16. Dope Boys (Feat. Travis Barker)
17. Gameís Pain (Feat. Keyshia Cole)
18. Letter to the King (Feat. Nas)
19. Outro (Feat. DMX)

This album is sick!!! Game did it again!!
 9 years ago '05        #157
TattooedMPsz 50 heat pts50
space
space
$25,377 | Props total: 8057 8057
sh*t is tight work to me game has had 3 solid albums im goin to cop the album tuesday
 9 years ago '04        #158
BowL420 
space
space
$1,112 | Props total: 0 0
this album goes mad hard same w/ the bonus tracks.. The Game never disappoints me
 08-25-2008, 07:41 PM         #159
Mr. 2-85 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
my n*gga is back!
 9 years ago '04        #160
spider7946 
space
space
$31 | Props total: 0 0
A little late but hey I was on a California Vacation myself. This is the first "review that I will be posting online. I write for a few periodicals and I have been meaning to give the online a different opinion. This will be an on going thing and I will try to review every major release. So without further hestiation:

The Game

L.A.X

Intro: Good way to start the album off. Nice to hear DMX again. Kind of sets the tone for the album "devil we rebut you in the name of Jesus" 4/5

L.A.X Files: Typical game song which is not a bad thing in this case. Like the title suggests this is an ode to the LA. Game rhymes much like he did back on the documentary on this one. Strong Beat continuing with the "darkness" that the intro gave. Solid Song. 4/5

State of Emergency: Another song giving love to the west coast. Ice Cube makes an appearance on this one, and it gives it his usual growl voice delivery. "California ain't a state itís an Army" Games delivery is what you would expect it to be. For those keeping track of the name drops itís over 20 between these two songs already which may bother some. 3.5/5

Bulletproof Diaries: This is a first. The Game and The Wu's very own Raekwon.

ďIím a New York Dinosaur Staten island artifact/Hip Hops never dead the Cuban gave em heart attacks"

Good to hear from the chef again. Unfortunately Game does not murder the collabo.

"I know Kobe I be on the floor KOBE you know another n---- that can score 81 show me"

Not saying Game didn't hold his own, but you would expect him to want to go in extra hard when he is rapping along side the chef. Beat was a little different. Sounds like something jellyrole would have done. A more "east coast" beat would have done it justice. 4/5

My Life: first letís get it out of the way. Yes LiL Wayne is on this. Yes he has the auto tone on his voice. No he doesn't have a verse. He is on the chorus and I must say he does a damn good job. As for game. This could be one of the better songs that he's ever done. Real emotion being portrayed here. This goes along with alot of the interviews he's done about his frustration and hurt. This shows him maturing lyrically. Beat is mellow but works for this. Not for the radio though not sure why he is trying to make a single. Just because Wayne is on something doesn't make it sell. It doesn't hurt though 5/5

Money: Summer song, up tempo beat no serious subject matter but thatís ok. Game throws in a few nice lines here and there while taking a little shot at his favorite target

"I'm about a dollar 50 Cent Ain't Real"

Works well and serves its purpose. 3.5/5

Cali Sunshine: Like the title suggests this song is about California. Game does something a little different here he switches his flow. Very nice. Goes to the beat very well. Game has stepped his rap game up for this song and for much of the album. Another summer type song that will sound good in the car. 4/5

Ya Heard: What is this Beverly Hills cop type intro? Interesting selection but changes into the beat nicely. Good appearance by ludacris on this one who drops classic Luda type lines

Slicker than rick the ruler/whip a.ss like lex luger/my money long your sh*t short shorter than oompa lumpa/and I'll superman youuuu that a.ss like lex luger"

Good Song. Game holds his own and is not outshined like he was on the rakewon track 4/5

Hard Liquor: For all those who read the CD booklet. The beat that is playing in the background is made by the good Doctor. NO you can't hear the whole song but you can definitely tell Dre made it. Word is that this song was done years ago and never released.

House of Pain: Has a kind of rock feel to it. Not as heavy as Dope Boys but you can still hear it. Not really a fan of this track game has some nice one liners but this sounds like filler material to me. Should have been replaced with Big Dreams. 3/5

Gentlemenís Affair: Ne-Yo does his singing thing on this one and Game does a song for the ladies. Not your typical player track a good ride and chill song. 3.5/5

Let us Live: Chrisette Michelle is on the track and she's got a nice raspy voice. Nothing special out of this song. Another shot at Mr. 50 and a few nice bars. He touches on some of the beefs he was in and shouts out MOP and Mobb Deep. Good for a few listens but can be skipped. 3/5

Touchdown: Game switches his flow on this one. Laid back track here. Another joint for the ladies. Nothing else to say about this one. Make of it what you will. Another track that could have been left off. It does show Game's attempt at switching styles so I do give him props for that.

Angel: WOW now we have something. Game steps it up another notch on this one. Really shines on this. Game takes a page from Commons "I use to love H.E.R" and switches up West Coast Style. Common does his thing but is outshined by game. Thatís right Common took a backseat to Game on this one. 5/5

Never Say Goodbye: Again Game steps it up. He puts himself in the body of Biggie, Tupac, and Easy E. What makes this unique is that he adopts there style for each verse. He does a good job at sounding like each lost sole especially his BIG. Now some people will say this is a good job of him of "hiding" his name dropping but it was done so well we can let it slide. 5/5

Dope Boys: Travis Barker is a talented guy and he k!lls the drums on this one. Game does a good job with this rock type of beat, while giving a little blow to Dre

"And Dr.Dre to pick up the phone/Before I climb through the window like n---- I'm Home"

Good Track. 4/5

Games Pain: Lead Single off the album we've all heard more than once. Decent first Track not games got a good message in this one. By now you've heard it a million times so you've already developed an opinion all ready. decent track. 3.5/5

Letter to the King: And what a fitting end to the album. Game and Nas Both spit incredible verses. I won't spoil this one for you but Game and Nas both deliver. 5/5

Outro: Fitting Closure having DMX close the album out. Same energy as the intro. Done much like the Prayer intro and outro's from his very own album. Makes one think. Where is a DMX album?

Conclusion: The overall feel of this album is very West Coast. But thatís ok. If no one else is holding down that section at least Game is. A lot of collabos usually hurt the product but in this case I think it compliments it well. Game spits with some of the more established people in the industry and does a good job on the tracks. Curious as to why they left Big Dreams off the album, granted it was released way too early but I think the buzz for was good for it. Overall Game shows he has grown in the rap game and deserves to be in the same breath as Lil Wayne and T.I and all the other rappers making an impact these days. He is still not a Kayne West or Jay-Z but he is an elite artists. Not as good as documentary but its hard to top your first joint. Solid nonetheless and a must buy

4 stars
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
77 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish