most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
120 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
51 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Does he still have it?
5 Mics 130 41.80%
4 Mics 114 36.66%
3 Mics 38 12.22%
2 Mics 15 4.82%
1 Mic 14 4.50%
Voters: 311. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '05        #101
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,335 | Props total: 1687 1687
No one's probably gonna read this long a.ss post but whatever..

1. Intro -

It's different, and it was funny that Game actually accentuated DMX's antiques on a supposedly "serious" intro. @ "devil we rebuke you in the name of Jesus" x10

2. L.A.X. Files -

Tell me this track isn't serious? The beat sounds like the beat from The Message (off It Was Written). The hook is on point, Game's flow, delivery and content is TOUGH. Talks about L.A. being a dangerous place..9/10.

3. State of Emergency ft. Ice Cube -

Game takes us back to the early 90's, has that old West Coast vibe, especially with Cube being present on the hook. The lyrics are straight up gangsta rap, the beat portrays the gangsta rap era perfectly with high pitched synths. People who aren't familiar with that "rebel old West Coast" sounding music stay away..You're not gonna get a club banger with this one, its obvious its a tribute to NWA. Pure crack -- 9/10.

4. Bulletproof Diaries ft. Raekwon -

Cotdamn..Grimey a.ss NY sounding track. Rae rips this track and Game goes in. Hook's cool, beat's grimey as hell and the whole song sounds different..Something that Game wouldn't do previously. Game and Rae weave in and out of the beat and they mesh well together. 9/10

5. My Life ft. Lil' Wayne -

This song is serious and ya'll already know that.. This isn't as good as Doctor's Advocate or One Night but its a cool track in its own rights..This grew on me, cause I didn't really like Wayne's "T-Pain'esque" hook but the hook has a "deep" meaning..Can't believe some people labelling this "emo rap" If this is emo rap what's Pac's music.. 9/10

6. Money -

The first club/summer/whip banger on the album..Beat is serious but it grew on me. I thought it'd be harder than this, but beat still goes. Game's flow is cool, but he just talks about money so that brings it down a little. Nice song to bump to though..Hook's cool, sample fits in well.. 8/10

7. Cali Sunshine ft. Bilal -

The hook and beat on this is what makes this song hotter than it is already.. Game talks about Cali, current events..and issues relating to Cali. Who produced this track? Nottz? He k!lls the beat with the "banjo sounding" instrument..Bilal k!lls the hook and everything about it seems right. The whole thing synchronizes and seem to portray the feel of the Cali heat perfectly. 9/10

8. Ya Heard ft. Ludacris -

Some people are complaining about the production, but Nottz produced something different on this..The beat on this is TOUGH. I just don't like how the sample cuts in and out of the production, that's about it. Luda's verse is crazy..Luda's verse > Game's verse, but that's cause Luda brings so much energy on the track and rips it..Its a usual braggadocio track, but its still dope cause its different and you don't expect Game making a track with a beat like this.. 8/10

9. Hard Liquor -

n/a Not going to rate.

10. House of Pain -

Toomp's crazy for this..This beat is dark and grimey..Game sounds gangsta as sh*t and produces a catchy hook. The beat is similar to Dope Boys in that it borrows a few instruments from that genre sound (rock). Brings crazy energy into the track that warrants this track a few listens. 9/10

11. Gentleman's Affair ft. Ne-Yo -

You know what..I'ma say this track is chilled out. Ne-Yo k!lls everything, the piano on the beat fits the theme of the joint and the hook itself is fitting of the track. Its a typical track for the girls though.. You can definitely chill to this, but its just "one of those tracks". 8/10

12. Let Us Live ft. Chrisette Michelle -

I've been a fan of Chrisette for a while, her voice is dope on mellow songs..So to hear her on this song was a surprise. At the start of the hooks she sings off key for a couple of seconds which didn't really impress me, but then goes on to harmonize again for the next few lines with her trademark soft and smooth voice..Got a raspy feel on this one, which is different once again -- but its cool. I wasn't really feeling the beat at the start, but that's probably cause I was bumping this in the whip and the bass just took over the melody (not that there's a distinct melody).

This track is serious though..Real serious..Game goes in, go listen to what he says..Guaranteed its not what he usually says. Flows JUST like Nas. The production is beastin', but Game's the real standout of this song.

Deserves a 9.5/10 for making me say oh cotdamn in my car.

13. Touchdown ft. Raheem DeVaughn -

To be honest I'm not really feeling this one..Probably the weakest link out of the whole album. Beat is cool, but its a bit simplistic with the boom clap pattern. Gets boring by the end of the album..Raheem DeVaughn's a good singer, but he has way more potential than this..He is capable of more. Hook isn't catchy, beat is simplistic and Game just spits mediocre verses..6.5/10

14. Angel ft. Common -

Angel's a monster. The first listen wasn't as good as the second listen, but the track's growing on me..I just thought it'd be more of a glorified hymn production type ish song, but its funky and it reminds me of Dilla's production. Common drops his usual 16, Game too..Whoever does the hook k!lls it (John Legend?). Its a standout.. 9.5/10

15. Never Can Say Goodbye -

What else can I say..This track is DOPE. A real standout..I'm surprised by how much Game actually sounded like Pac, Biggie (in terms of flow) and Eazy E in terms of content..This is real creative man, Game steps outside his usual combo. Production is on point, but Latoya could've sang the hook better. That first verse is hot as hell though. 9.5/10

16. Dope Boys ft. Travis Barker -

Nice track this one..Real well produced. Everything about it is catchy, lyrics are cool..Game's delivery sounds raw, the hook is perfect, the only problem I got with it is the sampling of Eleanor Rigby..That was real misplaced
Nice rock-sounding track, similar to House of Pain. 8.5/10

17. Game's Pain ft. Keyshia Cole -

I got love for this track..I really do. Ya'll heard it so I'm not gonna elaborate on it. 9/10

18. Letter to the King ft. Nas -

Best track on the album, hands down. Best beat on the whole album, best concept, best content, everything about it is cool man..All I would've want more was a longer verse from Nas. This should'a been on Untitled though, would've been good if it replaced Make the World Go Round. 9.5/10

19. Outro ft. DMX -

It sounds misplaced, but whatever..DMX is funny as hell

9/10 overall..Game's done it again, 3 consistent albums out of 3. By no means a classic to me, its a good album to listen to and enjoy. I thoroughly enjoyed listening to this album, Game comes in with a different sound.
 9 years ago '05        #102
DipsetSoulja 6 heat pts
space
space
$5,181 | Props total: 3094 3094
Ludacris goes hard on Ya Heard
 9 years ago '05        #103
TRU 504 BoY 
space
space
$1,970 | Props total: 88 88
Anyone know how many versions of LAX are going to be on the shelf. I notice theres one of him and his kids, one with him smokin, and the other is a close up shot of him saying "delux edition" on the cover. Anyone know?
 9 years ago '04        #104
klone03 
space
space
$9,930 | Props total: 2 2
i just got thel explicit retail...listening right now.
 9 years ago '08        #105
daytona500 
space
space
$1,052 | Props total: 0 0
iight album... my favorite tracks are
l.a.x. files
let us live
money
touchdown
 9 years ago '05        #106
Mysteryman 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,293 | Props total: 1101 1101
Album is a solid 4/5

at the d*ckriders claiming this is the best thing since sliced bread

Best tracks

LAX Files
State of Emergency (Feat. Ice Cube)
My Life (Feat. Lil Wayne)
Money
House Of Pain
Let Us Live (Feat. Chrisette Michelle)
Angel (Feat. Common)
Never Can Say Goodbye (Feat. Latoiya Williams)
Dope Boys (Feat. Travis Barker)
Gameís Pain (Feat. Keyshia Cole)
Letter to the King (Feat. Nas)

The album has some very good tracks but the production is seriously lacking
compared to his last 2

Ya Heard coulda been great cus both Luda and Game rip it but the beat is horrendous I cannot stand it.
 9 years ago '05        #107
A~team 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,778 | Props total: 1589 1589
man im patiently waiting for a retail grouprip
 08-19-2008, 05:24 AM         #108
Assassin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 25toLife said:
4.5/5

game may be a bi-polar a.ss motherfu*ker, but he brings heat when it comes down to it. hes three for three.

i gotta agree wit u...he flip floppy as hell...but this album is the sh*t...and this the clean version...4.5/5 and a perfect 3 for 3:thumbsup2:
 9 years ago '08        #109
moe356 1 heat pts
space
space
$723 | Props total: 1 1
copped the album aint bad, cant compare it to the first cd but this one is still a hit props.
 08-19-2008, 04:39 PM         #110
kingz21 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
is it just me or does this album seem boring. I'm going to give it another listen. Some of these beats sound wack, and his lyrics are sub par on some of these tracks. It also seems like hes rapping about irrevelant shyt, the lyrics aren't matching what the song is suppose to represent. I'm a game fan, but I think doc>>>>>>>>>da>>>>>>>>lax, I'm going to give it another listen to see what the real rating of this album is.
 9 years ago '05        #111
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
 kingz21 said:
is it just me or does this album seem boring. I'm going to give it another listen. Some of these beats sound wack, and his lyrics are sub par on some of these tracks. It also seems like hes rapping about irrevelant shyt, the lyrics aren't matching what the song is suppose to represent. I'm a game fan, but I think doc>>>>>>>>>da>>>>>>>>lax, I'm going to give it another listen to see what the real rating of this album is.
I feel you on that..Every song seem like Game is rapping about the same thing over and over again with the exceptions of a few song (e.g. Letter to the King, My Life, Game's Pain, Gentleman's Affair, Angel, L.A.X. Files). But on everything else, Game is just talking about busting guns and being the dopest cat on the block (State of Emergency, Bulletproof Diaries, House of Pain, Ya Heard, Money, Cali Sunshine) and Let Us Live & Never Can Say Goodbye are basically that too, except there are loose concepts around it that allows Game to create the illusion that he broke the mould from his usual 1-2.

I wish he did more One Night type of songs, or Wouldn't Get Far..Those tracks had actual concepts to them. I mean, so do these tracks..But they seem like Game repeating his gangsta scenes over and over again.. I still love the album and stand by my rating, but yeah..I wish there was more content variety. Its a West Coast (to be exact Game's) album though, so I didn't really expect mind-blowing knowledge coming out my speakers..Cube's album on the other hand..Content on that was on point, but beats could've been better.
 9 years ago '04        #112
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,685 | Props total: 17 17
 Ghetto_Guevara said:
^ I HEREBY SALUTE THIS REVIEW AND DECLARE THAT UNLIKE MANY OVERRATED RAPPERS THAT ENJOY THE SAVY d*ckRIDES OF MANY MANY LITTLE STANS, GAME ACTUALLY MADE 3 ALBUMS IN HIS LIFE AND ALL 3 ARE CORRECT.

Game's resume = 3/3

Now tell me is your favorite rapper up to that?

Or is your favorite rapper too busy saying "he'll quit" and then come back for 246363 times? Or maybe stunt before the album's out and then flop atrociously?

I thought so.
Uh Kanye made 3 albums, and they were all better than Game's. And all classic.

With that said, this album is good and Game has put out 3 quality albums to date.

Last edited by tazbk; 08-19-2008 at 08:36 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #113
GetOnMahLevel 
space
space
$5,488 | Props total: 104 104
 tazbk said:

With that said, this album is good and Game has put out 3 quality albums to date.
dig that homie!

but yes....this album is a VERY solid album...2nd one didnt catch my ear too much...first one was almost a classic in my eyes...
 9 years ago '04        #114
Budala 418 heat pts418
space
space
$12,323 | Props total: 1296 1296
Dirty LP is out now ... sh*t sounds bananas ... Game did his thing
 9 years ago '07        #115
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,785 | Props total: 14593 14593
cd exceeded what i thought i would hear... state of emergency and house of pain >>>> .... only song i could care less for is money... overall a 4.... and ppl that are talking about the ya head beat... that beat is nice has a bounce to it...

Last edited by TH35; 08-20-2008 at 04:49 AM..
 9 years ago '07        #116
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,785 | Props total: 14593 14593
 tazbk said:

only late registration was a classic imo and college dropout was close to a classic... both game and kanye have 3 strong albums though
 9 years ago '05        #117
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
Finally..
 9 years ago '06        #118
Bow 
space
space
$1,906 | Props total: 0 0
Expected more from this.. its good album but not even in this years top 5 so far, The Game - State Of Emergency (feat. Ice Cube) is my favourite track 3,5/5
 9 years ago '06        #119
cracktracks 
space
space
$544 | Props total: 0 0
just heard the album.,,,, gotta say god damnnnnn

the game holding it down....compared to his last album this one puts him back on track with a very good album,

at first i was like damnn the features but they work out fine.

he kept it a 100 and puts the west once again on his back
 9 years ago '05        #120
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
I've noticed something..People who hated DA loved this album. But people who loved DA didn't really like LAX. Seen this pattern on a few boards..
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
20 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
76 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
201 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
86 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
46 comments
1 day ago
@tech
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy