The Game - L.A.X. (2008)

most viewed right now
 Video inside Pusha T's brother 'No Malice' speaks on Drake Ye & Kim K
21 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside How the hell did Jaden Smith smash Sarahfu-kingsnyder !
21 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Damn Pusha T really aint gone respond.
196 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Cp3 bout ready to put the paws on James
33 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Does he still have it?
5 Mics 130 41.80%
4 Mics 114 36.66%
3 Mics 38 12.22%
2 Mics 15 4.82%
1 Mic 14 4.50%
Voters: 311. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 08-17-2008, 12:20 AM         #81
rahuld 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
THIS ALBUM >>>>>> documentary & da
 10 years ago '05        #82
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,397 | Props total: 1875 1875
Still waiting on the dirty..
 08-17-2008, 06:24 AM         #83
Rob_136 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
When will dirty drop.... rawrrrrrrr
 10 years ago '05        #84
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
My moneys' on 19th of August. So 20th of August for the Australians.
 08-17-2008, 10:04 AM         #85
KCK 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Only songs I don't like are Ya Heard (that beat is too all-over-the-place) and Touchdown (okay beat, lame verses). Replace those with Superman as track 8 and Big Dreams as track 13 and you've got another classic.

Game might be bi-polar but he sure does make great albums.
 10 years ago '04        #86
~BLUEPRINT~ 3 heat pts
space
space
$8,626 | Props total: 72 72
when does this album drop in stores?
 08-17-2008, 10:37 AM         #87
yankeex7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
you could stream the dirty on some site.. some dude posted the link before somewhere here so props to him
 10 years ago '04        #88
sugewhite 
space
space
$542 | Props total: 0 0
Classic West Coast......5 mics write it down....The Source/XXL get the rating right!
 08-17-2008, 12:28 PM         #89
RUStillDown 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

DIRTY GAME It's a group rip, so it ain't cd quality, but it sounds decent untill cd its the streets. plus its only 35 mb.. why not try it?
 10 years ago '08        #90
KarteL13 
space
space
space
$2,445 | Props total: 4 4
 Ateace3 said:
How to make this a classic album:

1. Intro (Feat. DMX)
2. LAX Files
3. State of Emergency (Feat. Ice Cube)
4. Bulletproof Diaries (Feat. Raekwon)
5. My Life (Feat. Lil Wayne)
6. Money
7. Big Dreams
8. Superman

9. Hard Liquor (Interlude)
10. House Of Pain
11. 911 Is a Joke
12. The Remedy

13. Gentleman’s Affair (Feat. Ne-Yo)
14. Let Us Live (Feat. Chrisette Michelle)
15. Touchdown (Feat. Raheem DaVaughn)
16. Angel (Feat. Common)
17. Never Can Say Goodbye (Feat. Latoiya Williams)
18. Dope Boys (Feat. Travis Barker)
19. Game’s Pain (Feat. Keyshia Cole)
20. Letter to the King (Feat. Nas)
21. Outro (Feat. DMX)

I know Remedy is old, but it fits this album perfectly. This will be the album on my iPod playlist. I wish that Red Magic track would leak CDQ, because that sounded like one of the illest songs Wayne or Game have ever done.

The release version I'd rate it a strong 4/5... my version would be a 5/5 lol. Definitely in the top 3 of the year.
ummmm, the remedy is on Doctor's Advocate.
 10 years ago '07        #91
dnycem 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,956 | Props total: 2013 2013
Whea da f*ck iz da dirty verson.I refuse 2 listen 2 dis CD until the dirty version is leaked
 10 years ago '06        #92
Cezaroh 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,396 | Props total: 1721 1721
dam this album is real hot i havent stop hearing it since ive got it i feel like cruising with the lax files on
 10 years ago '07        #93
jijocp88 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,614 | Props total: 23 23
sh*t is disgustingly ridiculous :applause::dancingcool: classic in the making real talk he came correct on every song
 10 years ago '07        #94
jijocp88 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,614 | Props total: 23 23
 dnycem said:
Whea da f*ck iz da dirty verson.I refuse 2 listen 2 dis CD until the dirty version is leaked
it leaked already thats the one im bumpin'
 10 years ago '06        #95
25toLife 
space
space
$4,177 | Props total: 11 11
dirty webrip is out...
 10 years ago '04        #96
Ateace3 
space
space
$4,060 | Props total: 28 28
 KarteL13 said:
ummmm, the remedy is on Doctor's Advocate.
can you read?
 10 years ago '07        #97
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,253 | Props total: 1637 1637
Album is average at best.... game need to go back to lab or hang it up
 10 years ago '06        #98
youngral 
space
space
$6,692 | Props total: 771 771
I just gave it a good listen and Im feeling it. That "Let Us Live" track I really thought it was that n*gga Nas spitting for a second. I love the concept of "Never Can Say Goodbye". Cant rate it yet cause its off one listen but, it is a pretty good album.
 10 years ago '05        #99
§wiff 
space
space
$1,344 | Props total: 5 5
clipse>>>dis mediocre shyt
 10 years ago '05        #100
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
No one's probably gonna read this long a.ss post but whatever..

1. Intro -

It's different, and it was funny that Game actually accentuated DMX's antiques on a supposedly "serious" intro. @ "devil we rebuke you in the name of Jesus" x10

2. L.A.X. Files -

Tell me this track isn't serious? The beat sounds like the beat from The Message (off It Was Written). The hook is on point, Game's flow, delivery and content is TOUGH. Talks about L.A. being a dangerous place..9/10.

3. State of Emergency ft. Ice Cube -

Game takes us back to the early 90's, has that old West Coast vibe, especially with Cube being present on the hook. The lyrics are straight up gangsta rap, the beat portrays the gangsta rap era perfectly with high pitched synths. People who aren't familiar with that "rebel old West Coast" sounding music stay away..You're not gonna get a club banger with this one, its obvious its a tribute to NWA. Pure crack -- 9/10.

4. Bulletproof Diaries ft. Raekwon -

Cotdamn..Grimey a.ss NY sounding track. Rae rips this track and Game goes in. Hook's cool, beat's grimey as hell and the whole song sounds different..Something that Game wouldn't do previously. Game and Rae weave in and out of the beat and they mesh well together. 9/10

5. My Life ft. Lil' Wayne -

This song is serious and ya'll already know that.. This isn't as good as Doctor's Advocate or One Night but its a cool track in its own rights..This grew on me, cause I didn't really like Wayne's "T-Pain'esque" hook but the hook has a "deep" meaning..Can't believe some people labelling this "emo rap" If this is emo rap what's Pac's music.. 9/10

6. Money -

The first club/summer/whip banger on the album..Beat is serious but it grew on me. I thought it'd be harder than this, but beat still goes. Game's flow is cool, but he just talks about money so that brings it down a little. Nice song to bump to though..Hook's cool, sample fits in well.. 8/10

7. Cali Sunshine ft. Bilal -

The hook and beat on this is what makes this song hotter than it is already.. Game talks about Cali, current events..and issues relating to Cali. Who produced this track? Nottz? He k!lls the beat with the "banjo sounding" instrument..Bilal k!lls the hook and everything about it seems right. The whole thing synchronizes and seem to portray the feel of the Cali heat perfectly. 9/10

8. Ya Heard ft. Ludacris -

Some people are complaining about the production, but Nottz produced something different on this..The beat on this is TOUGH. I just don't like how the sample cuts in and out of the production, that's about it. Luda's verse is crazy..Luda's verse > Game's verse, but that's cause Luda brings so much energy on the track and rips it..Its a usual braggadocio track, but its still dope cause its different and you don't expect Game making a track with a beat like this.. 8/10

9. Hard Liquor -

n/a Not going to rate.

10. House of Pain -

Toomp's crazy for this..This beat is dark and grimey..Game sounds gangsta as sh*t and produces a catchy hook. The beat is similar to Dope Boys in that it borrows a few instruments from that genre sound (rock). Brings crazy energy into the track that warrants this track a few listens. 9/10

11. Gentleman's Affair ft. Ne-Yo -

You know what..I'ma say this track is chilled out. Ne-Yo k!lls everything, the piano on the beat fits the theme of the joint and the hook itself is fitting of the track. Its a typical track for the girls though.. You can definitely chill to this, but its just "one of those tracks". 8/10

12. Let Us Live ft. Chrisette Michelle -

I've been a fan of Chrisette for a while, her voice is dope on mellow songs..So to hear her on this song was a surprise. At the start of the hooks she sings off key for a couple of seconds which didn't really impress me, but then goes on to harmonize again for the next few lines with her trademark soft and smooth voice..Got a raspy feel on this one, which is different once again -- but its cool. I wasn't really feeling the beat at the start, but that's probably cause I was bumping this in the whip and the bass just took over the melody (not that there's a distinct melody).

This track is serious though..Real serious..Game goes in, go listen to what he says..Guaranteed its not what he usually says. Flows JUST like Nas. The production is beastin', but Game's the real standout of this song.

Deserves a 9.5/10 for making me say oh cotdamn in my car.

13. Touchdown ft. Raheem DeVaughn -

To be honest I'm not really feeling this one..Probably the weakest link out of the whole album. Beat is cool, but its a bit simplistic with the boom clap pattern. Gets boring by the end of the album..Raheem DeVaughn's a good singer, but he has way more potential than this..He is capable of more. Hook isn't catchy, beat is simplistic and Game just spits mediocre verses..6.5/10

14. Angel ft. Common -

Angel's a monster. The first listen wasn't as good as the second listen, but the track's growing on me..I just thought it'd be more of a glorified hymn production type ish song, but its funky and it reminds me of Dilla's production. Common drops his usual 16, Game too..Whoever does the hook k!lls it (John Legend?). Its a standout.. 9.5/10

15. Never Can Say Goodbye -

What else can I say..This track is DOPE. A real standout..I'm surprised by how much Game actually sounded like Pac, Biggie (in terms of flow) and Eazy E in terms of content..This is real creative man, Game steps outside his usual combo. Production is on point, but Latoya could've sang the hook better. That first verse is hot as hell though. 9.5/10

16. Dope Boys ft. Travis Barker -

Nice track this one..Real well produced. Everything about it is catchy, lyrics are cool..Game's delivery sounds raw, the hook is perfect, the only problem I got with it is the sampling of Eleanor Rigby..That was real misplaced
Nice rock-sounding track, similar to House of Pain. 8.5/10

17. Game's Pain ft. Keyshia Cole -

I got love for this track..I really do. Ya'll heard it so I'm not gonna elaborate on it. 9/10

18. Letter to the King ft. Nas -

Best track on the album, hands down. Best beat on the whole album, best concept, best content, everything about it is cool man..All I would've want more was a longer verse from Nas. This should'a been on Untitled though, would've been good if it replaced Make the World Go Round. 9.5/10

19. Outro ft. DMX -

It sounds misplaced, but whatever..DMX is funny as hell

9/10 overall..Game's done it again, 3 consistent albums out of 3. By no means a classic to me, its a good album to listen to and enjoy. I thoroughly enjoyed listening to this album, Game comes in with a different sound.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Frame on this AMAZON.com/Ninimour Model tho...
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PAWG got no chill (#Jheeez)
42 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside A$AP Rocky Outsells Pusha T w/ No Buzz In 1st Week Sales Prediction (..
109 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Reboot your router
45 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside BREAKING - Chi Wire: MUBU Krump (The ScoreKeeper) DEAD !
124 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Smashing With The House Arrest Bracelet On 🤷🏾*♂&..
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Why do people in poverty have satellite dishes?
101 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside May 25 - Pablo Escobar’s hitman Popeye arrested in Colombia
53 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy