Robert Downey Jr. Disses 'The Dark Knight'

most viewed right now
 97
Steph Kegels
85 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 90
Kevin Hart X-mad card
55 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
 70
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
256 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 63
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
117 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

??????
Batman 29 85.29%
IronMan 5 14.71%
Voters: 34. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #161
!!! 220 heat pts220
space
avatar space
space
$42,061 | Props total: 33881 33881
 Styl3s said:
oh hey RDJ didnt notice it was you, maybe you should stop doing drugs so you can understand whats going on
So please, explain Joker's progression then. Who he started as, and the changed person he became. He went from holding hostages in a bank to holding hostages in a tower?
 9 years ago '08        #162
KarteL13 
space
space
space
$2,445 | Props total: 4 4
 DaOmega_1 said:
wow... you must be soooo insecure about your own s3xuality that you can't watch a fictional portrayal of gay people...

Man, seriously, give up. I was gonna respond with something intelligent, but you're too much of a homophobic retard to understand...

Man, shut the fukk up. Why in the hell would I want to watch a movie involving gay people? Seriously, why?
 9 years ago '08        #163
KarteL13 
space
space
space
$2,445 | Props total: 4 4
 JFamis said:
You have not even made any valid points in argument. If you want to talk about being irrational. And it's true... look at Bale's resumé.

American Psycho - Brilliant movie. By far his best acting job to date.
The Machinist - Boring movie. Just because he lost all the weight doesn't equate to anything great.
Harsh Times - Ok, nothing special
I'm Not There - never saw this
The Prestige - Another brilliant movie. But the Nolan brothers should get 80% of the credit.
The New World - GTFOH, this movie was wack.
...............
 9 years ago '08        #164
KarteL13 
space
space
space
$2,445 | Props total: 4 4
 JFamis said:
He is a Robert Downey Jr. stan. He even made a whole thread saying RDJ in Tropic Thunder will give Heath Ledger a run for his money.

But it didn't. That was in no way an Oscar worthy performance. It was funny but nothing near greatness. Comedic greatness is another story though.
A comedy will never get oscar worthy perfomance. But to say his acting in Tropic thunder was nothing short of awesome is insane. I would like to know who can pull that off?


And its also the general consensus that RDJ stole the show. Just google it up and you'll see I'm not the only one that felt that way.
 9 years ago '04        #165
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
avatar space
space
$16,986 | Props total: 4330 4330
 !!! said:
So please, explain Joker's progression then. Who he started as, and the changed person he became. He went from holding hostages in a bank to holding hostages in a tower?
Villains don't usually progress. You are really reaching here. Movies where all the characters are supposed to progress are movies like "Boogie Nights," "Do the Right Thing," or "Nashville." Not all the characters, whether they are a main character or not, in a thriller or action film are there to progress. A lot of times they are used as a convention to progress the main character(s).

Did Anton Chigurh progress in "No Country For Old Men?"
Did Hans Gruber progress in "Die Hard?"
 9 years ago '04        #166
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
avatar space
space
$16,986 | Props total: 4330 4330
 KarteL13 said:
A comedy will never get oscar worthy perfomance. But to say his acting in Tropic thunder was nothing short of awesome is insane. I would like to know who can pull that off?


And its also the general consensus that RDJ stole the show. Just google it up and you'll see I'm not the only one that felt that way.
What? A comedy would never get an Oscar worth performance??? It shows how little you know about the Oscars.

Juno got nominations for Best Picture, Best Actress, Best Direction and won Best Original Screenplay just last year.

Little Miss Sunshine was nominated for a Best Picture Oscar the year before that. That same year, Meryl Streep got a nomination for "The Devil Wears Prada."

Jack Palance won Best Supporting Actor for "City Slickers."
Marisa Tomei won Best Supporting Actress for "My Cousin Vinny"
Jack Nicholson won Best Actor for "As Good As It Gets"

...And I'm sure there are others.

Hell... even Johnny Depp was nominated for "Pirates of the Caribbean," which is a comical role if you ask me.


I also never said that RDJ didn't steal the show. I just do not see how big of a stretch that role would be for any decent actor. He was playing into stereotypes and not the actual psychology of a black man.

It was RDJ's swag more so than his acting that allowed him to pull off that role so well.


Last edited by JFamis; 08-19-2008 at 12:48 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #167
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
avatar space
space
$16,986 | Props total: 4330 4330
 KarteL13 said:
...............
The Nolan's do not get 80% of the credit for Bale's performance in that movie. Chris Nolan is an actor's director like any respectable director today. It's up to the actor to find the truth in their character, not Nolan.


It becomes more and more obvious with every post that you just talk out your a.ss.
 9 years ago '08        #168
KarteL13 
space
space
space
$2,445 | Props total: 4 4
 JFamis said:
What? A comedy would never get an Oscar worth performance??? It shows how little you know about the Oscars.

Juno got nominations for Best Picture, Best Actress, Best Direction and won Best Original Screenplay just last year.

Little Miss Sunshine was nominated for a Best Picture Oscar the year before that. That same year, Meryl Streep got a nomination for "The Devil Wears Prada."

Jack Palance won Best Supporting Actor for "City Slickers."
Marisa Tomei won Best Supporting Actress for "My Cousin Vinny"
Jack Nicholson won Best Actor for "As Good As It Gets"

...And I'm sure there are others.

Hell... even Johnny Depp was nominated for "Pirates of the Caribbean," which is a comical role if you ask me.


I also never said that RDJ didn't steal the show. I just do not see how big of a stretch that role would be for any decent actor. He was playing into stereotypes and not the actual psychology of a black man.

It was RDJ's swag more so than his acting that allowed him to pull off that role so well.

With the exception of "My Cousin Vinny", all of those you listed are Dramatic Comedies ....they get much more recognition then a mindless action comedy. Regardless, RDJ had such a great year that I wouldn't be surprised if he got recognition for his role.


C'mon, just a stereo type of a black man? Dude was black. Not only was he black, he was also Australian. But my point regarding that thread was he was going to steal the show, in which he did. That's all I heard when I left the theater too. Shiit, look at all of the interviews the actors did....what's the main topic? Yep, RDJ.
 9 years ago '08        #169
KarteL13 
space
space
space
$2,445 | Props total: 4 4
 JFamis said:
The Nolan's do not get 80% of the credit for Bale's performance in that movie. Chris Nolan is an actor's director like any respectable director today. It's up to the actor to find the truth in their character, not Nolan.


It becomes more and more obvious with every post that you just talk out your a.ss.
Nolan's story telling ability was what kept me glued to the movie. To me, you could of easily replaced bale and jackman with any decent actor and the movie would still be one of my favorites.


Its also a general consensus that Nolan was what made the movie.



and why did i add that? Because arguing over a matter of opinions is useless without a little back up.
 9 years ago '04        #170
!!! 220 heat pts220
space
avatar space
space
$42,061 | Props total: 33881 33881
 JFamis said:
Villains don't usually progress. You are really reaching here. Movies where all the characters are supposed to progress are movies like "Boogie Nights," "Do the Right Thing," or "Nashville." Not all the characters, whether they are a main character or not, in a thriller or action film are there to progress. A lot of times they are used as a convention to progress the main character(s).

Did Anton Chigurh progress in "No Country For Old Men?"
Did Hans Gruber progress in "Die Hard?"
I agree with you. But some people are saying that all of TDK characters had great arcs, when the only one was Harvey Dent. With Gordon, he only changes roles in the last five minutes because Batman tells him to.
 9 years ago '04        #171
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
avatar space
space
$16,986 | Props total: 4330 4330
 KarteL13 said:
Nolan's story telling ability was what kept me glued to the movie. To me, you could of easily replaced bale and jackman with any decent actor and the movie would still be one of my favorites.


Its also a general consensus that Nolan was what made the movie.



and why did i add that? Because arguing over a matter of opinions is useless without a little back up.
I understand the Nolans are who made the movie great. But when you replied originally it reads as though you are saying 80% of Bale's performance is tributed to Nolan, which that is bullsh*t.
 9 years ago '04        #172
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
avatar space
space
$16,986 | Props total: 4330 4330
 KarteL13 said:
With the exception of "My Cousin Vinny", all of those you listed are Dramatic Comedies ....they get much more recognition then a mindless action comedy. Regardless, RDJ had such a great year that I wouldn't be surprised if he got recognition for his role.


C'mon, just a stereo type of a black man? Dude was black. Not only was he black, he was also Australian. But my point regarding that thread was he was going to steal the show, in which he did. That's all I heard when I left the theater too. Shiit, look at all of the interviews the actors did....what's the main topic? Yep, RDJ.
Yes, he was just a stereotype of a black man. That is what caused the conflict between him and the gay dude. Sure he had his skin turned black but you're talking like he played Martin Luther King Jr. to a t or something. No. he played an Australian dude who is pretending to be a black man who is actually quite bad at it.
 9 years ago '04        #173
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
avatar space
space
$16,986 | Props total: 4330 4330
 !!! said:
I agree with you. But some people are saying that all of TDK characters had great arcs, when the only one was Harvey Dent. With Gordon, he only changes roles in the last five minutes because Batman tells him to.
Well, those people are idiots. The only person who literally had a character arc in the story was Harvey Dent because we see how his mental disorder makes it easy to transform him from good to bad. Batman only kind of had a true character arc but it seems to me like Nolan really has plans for a third and his whole character arc will unfold over the course of the three movies.

Joker didn't have a character arc nor did he need one. If he did then he would he go from bad to good or from bad to worse.
 9 years ago '08        #174
KarteL13 
space
space
space
$2,445 | Props total: 4 4
 JFamis said:
I understand the Nolans are who made the movie great. But when you replied originally it reads as though you are saying 80% of Bale's performance is tributed to Nolan, which that is bullsh*t.
That's my point.
 9 years ago '08        #175
KarteL13 
space
space
space
$2,445 | Props total: 4 4
 JFamis said:
Yes, he was just a stereotype of a black man. That is what caused the conflict between him and the gay dude. Sure he had his skin turned black but you're talking like he played Martin Luther King Jr. to a t or something. No. he played an Australian dude who is pretending to be a black man who is actually quite bad at it.
Rather than type them out, Ill just post articles of the point I'm trying to make.






The first article pretty much sums up what I've been trying to say all along.
 9 years ago '04        #176
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
avatar space
space
$16,986 | Props total: 4330 4330
 KarteL13 said:
Rather than type them out, Ill just post articles of the point I'm trying to make.






The first article pretty much sums up what I've been trying to say all along.
I agree with the second article. The first, however, gives him far too much credit. Though RDJ's performance was way better, this reminds me of when dudes on Boxden were saying Eminem should have got an Oscar nod for "8 Mile." And the questions is: How much of a stretch is it for you to play yourself? Robert Downey Jr. is a method actor playing a method actor. There's even a line in the film when he admits this. "I'm just a dude playing a dude who thinks he's another dude." Like I said, this is a great comedic performance, but it's not Oscar worthy. That is why i said earlier that his roles in "Tropic Thunder" and "Iron Man" were really caricatures of himself.
 9 years ago '08        #177
KarteL13 
space
space
space
$2,445 | Props total: 4 4
 JFamis said:
I agree with the second article. The first, however, gives him far too much credit. Though RDJ's performance was way better, this reminds me of when dudes on Boxden were saying Eminem should have got an Oscar nod for "8 Mile." And the questions is: How much of a stretch is it for you to play yourself? Robert Downey Jr. is a method actor playing a method actor. There's even a line in the film when he admits this. "I'm just a dude playing a dude who thinks he's another dude." Like I said, this is a great comedic performance, but it's not Oscar worthy. That is why i said earlier that his roles in "Tropic Thunder" and "Iron Man" were really caricatures of himself.

So that discredits his talent and ability? Honestly, name 3 actors that can pull that off (kirk lazarus).


And I never said he deserves an oscar. We all know ledger is a lock.

I just said he should get some recognition.


Last edited by KarteL13; 08-19-2008 at 03:43 PM..
 08-19-2008, 04:00 PM         #178
lyricallyblind 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i still haven't seen IRON MAN
 9 years ago '05        #179
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
avatar space
space
$13,841 | Props total: 4138 4138
 KarteL13 said:
Man, shut the fukk up. Why in the hell would I want to watch a movie involving gay people? Seriously, why?
wow... And, I didn't even have to say anything to make you look like a complete idiot. Your post did that for me.



seems to me like you're still a little insecure...
 9 years ago '08        #180
KarteL13 
space
space
space
$2,445 | Props total: 4 4
 DaOmega_1 said:
wow... And, I didn't even have to say anything to make you look like a complete idiot. Your post did that for me.



seems to me like you're still a little insecure...
Why don't you just answer the question?

Let's see, why would I want to see Brokeback Mountain.

Do cowboys intrigue me? Nope.

Does a love story involving two men intrigue me? Nope.

Seriously, to me, homos3xuals disgust me. I think watching too men have s3x is a horrifying scene regardless on how dramatic and touching it maybe.

Smh @ these Heath Ledger stans. You probably just saw brokeback mountain....and that's after TDK was released.


Last edited by KarteL13; 08-19-2008 at 04:07 PM..
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 65
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
105 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 53
joie chavis
39 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 49
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
109 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 25
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
72 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 22
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
19 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 21
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
91 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 20
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
65 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 18
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
27 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy