Kevin Hart X-mad card
33 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
72 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
103 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
242 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

??????
Batman 29 85.29%
IronMan 5 14.71%
Voters: 34. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 08-15-2008, 07:44 PM         #141
Styl3s 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Arson said:
never said I didn't like the entire movie b/c he licks his lips sh*tdip

k!ll yourself for catchin feelin over a dead n*gga you don't know

EDIT: matter a fact k!ll yourself so you can meet heath in heaven/hell and then proceed to really suck his fu*kin c*ck
@ your ignorance

and lol @ you getting heated at him

explain why you didnt like the movie

i would LOVE to hear this.
 9 years ago '04        #142
!!! 220 heat pts220
space
space
$42,058 | Props total: 33872 33872
Some people just don't want to see a film with gay scenes. Just like people didn't want to see the Nick Berg video. Would you say that anyone who didn't watch the Nick Berg decapitation, hates Islam? No, they just didn't want to see something they thought was disgusting.
And I really don't think this board was buzzing about Brokeback in '05.

Last edited by !!!; 08-15-2008 at 08:19 PM..
 9 years ago '08        #143
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,110 | Props total: 23354 23354
 Styl3s said:
@ your ignorance

and lol @ you getting heated at him

explain why you didnt like the movie

i would LOVE to hear this.
never said the movie was bad, I just didn't like it as much as everyone else I thought it was too long and it was boring during some spots. Thats it. Guess I need to be k!lled now b/c I didn't say TDK kept me on the edge of my seat all the way thru

and I wasn't heated I was laughin when I posted that
 9 years ago '04        #144
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
$16,986 | Props total: 4330 4330
 Styl3s said:
batman stans? fact is bale is a better actor then RDJ

if we are batman stans then you are a RDJ stan
He is a Robert Downey Jr. stan. He even made a whole thread saying RDJ in Tropic Thunder will give Heath Ledger a run for his money.

But it didn't. That was in no way an Oscar worthy performance. It was funny but nothing near greatness. Comedic greatness is another story though.
 08-15-2008, 10:25 PM         #145
Styl3s 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Curtisimo said:
Batman Begins>>> The Dark Knight

TDK was hot but it wasnt the movie people sucked it off to be
you are clinicly insane if you honestly believe batman begins as a movie is better then the dark knight

not only did dark knight have better choreographed f!ghting, it had deeper storylines, better character development and much more not to mention a better performance by bale
 08-15-2008, 10:25 PM         #146
Styl3s 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JFamis said:
He is a Robert Downey Jr. stan. He even made a whole thread saying RDJ in Tropic Thunder will give Heath Ledger a run for his money.

But it didn't. That was in no way an Oscar worthy performance. It was funny but nothing near greatness. Comedic greatness is another story though.
yeah i laughed my fu*king a.ss off when i saw the RDJ will give heath a run for his money from sh*tty thunder
 08-16-2008, 12:10 AM         #147
Styl3s 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Curtisimo said:
LMAO

Begins = better acting, better f!ght scenes

lol@ character development

the only complex character on that show was Harvey

lol@ that bi*ch kissing Harvey right after kissing bruce and you saw no type of guilt on her that was either bad editing or acting one of the both

sorry it was an entertaining movie but please TDK had flaws
in no way shape or form is begins better

i can't take you serious anymore im sorry.. but if you honestly believe the sh*t you are saying i cannot reply to you anymore because if you honestly believe that begins had better f!ght/action scenes and better acting you are fu*king retarded.. not only did bale and the returning cast do a BETTER job in dark knight, aaron and heath did an outstanding job, and the character development between harvey, gordon, bruce and joker were outstanding

maybe you are like RDJ and cant comprehend whats going on in the movie

begins had better action hahahahahahahahahahah you fail son, and of course it had flaws, no movie on earth is perfect, but you wanna talk about flaws lets talk about begins, because it had a sh*t load, i love batman begins but to say its better then dark knight.. thats just fu*king stupid

Last edited by Styl3s; 08-16-2008 at 12:11 AM..
 9 years ago '04        #148
!!! 220 heat pts220
space
space
$42,058 | Props total: 33872 33872
How did the Joker progress, from crazy to crazy? Gordon moved up a rank, but I didn't catch a whole lot of progression.
 08-16-2008, 10:17 AM         #149
Styl3s 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 !!! said:
How did the Joker progress, from crazy to crazy? Gordon moved up a rank, but I didn't catch a whole lot of progression.
oh hey RDJ didnt notice it was you, maybe you should stop doing drugs so you can understand whats going on
 9 years ago '08        #150
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,110 | Props total: 23354 23354
What progression did batman make? I didn't see any, He said he saw what he had to become, what was that? the same dude? Its not like he started being more brutal b/c he did the same type f!ghting as he did in parking lot scene as he did in the end of the film.

I don't consider k!lling Two Face a real progression b/c he pushed that other guy off a roof who should have been dead but for movie purposes only broke his fu*kin ankle

Joker made no progression, he was still the crazy mofo that he was at the start.

The only character who made progression, or rather regression, was Harvey but even then he was clearly already a little crazy when he was gonna k!ll that guy in alley(btw how the fu*k did batman know he was in some random alley in a big a.ss city, he just came outta no where). His crazy just completely took over which I can understand b/c if my girl got k!lled AND I looked like a zombie off Dead Rising on half of my face, I'd be pretty pissed too.

There was more character progression in Begins and thats a fu*kin fact you can't dispute. Bruce wayne made the tranformation into Batman in that movie. No way can you really think there was more progression in TDK. He was already Batman, he said he knew what he had to become which was pretty much the same fu*kin guy.

Last edited by Arson; 08-16-2008 at 10:59 AM..
 9 years ago '04        #151
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
$16,986 | Props total: 4330 4330
 Arson said:
What progression did batman make? I didn't see any, He said he saw what he had to become, what was that? the same dude? Its not like he started being more brutal b/c he did the same type f!ghting as he did in parking lot scene as he did in the end of the film.

I don't consider k!lling Two Face a real progression b/c he pushed that other guy off a roof who should have been dead but for movie purposes only broke his fu*kin ankle

Joker made no progression, he was still the crazy mofo that he was at the start.

The only character who made progression, or rather regression, was Harvey but even then he was clearly already a little crazy when he was gonna k!ll that guy in alley(btw how the fu*k did batman know he was in some random alley in a big a.ss city, he just came outta no where). His crazy just completely took over which I can understand b/c if my girl got k!lled AND I looked like a zombie off Dead Rising on half of my face, I'd be pretty pissed too.

There was more character progression in Begins and thats a fu*kin fact you can't dispute. Bruce wayne made the tranformation into Batman in that movie. No way can you really think there was more progression in TDK. He was already Batman, he said he knew what he had to become which was pretty much the same fu*kin guy.
Well, most sequels don't have a lot of character progression, but Batman definitely did progress. In the first he progressed into becoming Batman. In this one he was learning more about what might be at stake being Batman and not being Batman. And of course, whether you like it or not, his one rule was met with the ultimate paradox in the end when he was forced to take a life. He had to become a k!ller in order to save Gordon's son. And the fall Maroni had compared to Dent was much different. Batman progressed by being conflicted with how far he would go to complete his mission.

And how did he find Dent? If you noticed, he has equipment in his cowl that allows him to listen into radio waves all over the city. He also is tapped into the surveillance all over the city as well. Remember in the third or fourth scene he had Dent on all kinds of surveillance.

I think all of the symbolism of things really went over your head honestly. For instance Joker, he was meant to be more of symbolic character for anarchy and terror, not a character examination.
 9 years ago '05        #152
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
space
$13,839 | Props total: 4138 4138
 JFamis said:
Well, most sequels don't have a lot of character progression, but Batman definitely did progress. In the first he progressed into becoming Batman. In this one he was learning more about what might be at stake being Batman and not being Batman. And of course, whether you like it or not, his one rule was met with the ultimate paradox in the end when he was forced to take a life. He had to become a k!ller in order to save Gordon's son. And the fall Maroni had compared to Dent was much different. Batman progressed by being conflicted with how far he would go to complete his mission.

And how did he find Dent? If you noticed, he has equipment in his cowl that allows him to listen into radio waves all over the city. He also is tapped into the surveillance all over the city as well. Remember in the third or fourth scene he had Dent on all kinds of surveillance.

I think all of the symbolism of things really went over your head honestly. For instance Joker, he was meant to be more of symbolic character for anarchy and terror, not a character examination.
That's right! School em, Jfamis!

Nah, there was so many different things happening at the surface of this film. I thought the character progression was clear and evident.
 08-16-2008, 11:53 AM         #153
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"I Don't See How Batman Progressed in "The Dark Knight" = :sad-smiley-028:

The amount of retards posting in this thread is literally giving me a Brain Freeze...
 9 years ago '08        #154
arthurmack27 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,934 | Props total: 687 687
yeah hes trippin
 9 years ago '05        #155
space
space
 Curtisimo said:
My sister preety much knew all of that about Batman in Batman Begins and she never read the comic or saw the cartoon

One thing I say about TDK was the theme were better then Begins

all of that you really said was the theme of the movie (which is the ambiguty of justice and to what are the limits to have justice with out being injustice to someone else) not really charachter progession
but, how is it not character progression, though?
These 'themes' directly affect Batman/Bruce Wayne as a character.

In Batman Begins, he's become Batman. In TDK, he realizes how much he'll have to sacrifice and what he will have to do in order to be Batman. In TDK, he deals with issues of how Batman's existence will never be welcomed. He deals with choices, and the consequences that everyone faces. In Batman Begins, he just deals with the choice of becoming Batman. In TDK, he actually grapples with the fact that he must become the enemy in order to protect Gotham.

So... how is Bruce Wayne as a character NOT progressing?

And, the point of why the Joker doesn't have a back story is simply because the director does NOT want us to sympathize with him as a character, he just wanted the Joker to exist as a true villain, he doesn't want to make him human (like Doc Ock in Spider Man 2 or Magneto in X Men).
 9 years ago '05        #156
stickemup 
space
space
$8,977 | Props total: 0 0
honestly I'm sick of the hype I don't even wanna see Dark Knight anymore

and I mean seriously, Christian Bale is one of my favorite actors, but he's only good as Bruce Wayne. Batman isn't just about putting on a costume. he's totally corny once he puts the batsuit on.
 9 years ago '05        #157
space
space
 Curtisimo said:
progress means to go from one thing to another I mean thats what progression is right???

batman was the same person he was in the beginning as he was in the end

its not like he was Kevin Spacey in American beauty where he progressed (or regressed) into a a different lifestyle, behavior, attitude or state of mind

I mean I guess you can say he progressed into being more comfortable with his role as being batman but he was always that role I guess he just needed to accept it

Thats what I call internal conflict not character progression

yea Joker being there and Batman's conflict of choises presented that theme of justice and limits there are

themes dont just come out of nowhere they come from the story and the charachters themselves

I loved TDK for those reasons alone I just didnt think it was better the first one but hey when it comes out on HBO or somesh*t I might change my mind

but as of right now my opinion stands
Hmmmm... well, I respect your opinion, and you are right about 'progression', but...

Progression is more than just going from a to b. It's not such a linear process for a character. It's about evolution, and HOW he get from a to b. Not just him going there. Internal conflict is a process by which Character Progression takes place. Without it, he wouldn't change. And, I felt as though that Batman needed to realize things before he actually decides to 'change', if he did all of a sudden change, there wouldn't be a need for more films. I think it's more about inner and emotional evolution of a character that presents progression. And, I felt like TDK had more of that than Batman Begins. But, that's just my thing, I guess.

So, yeah. It's all relative, I guess.
 08-16-2008, 04:01 PM         #158
i-a 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JaiMega said:
fu*k DC, DC sucks. WTF man the Batman Universe is the only good thing about DC, the rest of the superheroes are f*g**ts.
Hahha
 9 years ago '05        #159
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,495 | Props total: 129 129
i find this hard to believe
 9 years ago '06        #160
xxnav180xx 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,505 | Props total: 2 2
i
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
60 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
89 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
joie chavis
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
61 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
196 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Ashamed Of Pixel Sales, Google Begins Hiding Pixel Launcher Install Count In P..
10 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
94 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy