Robert Downey Jr. Disses 'The Dark Knight'

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
81 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy – American Dream (ft. Kendrick Lamar & J. Cole)
105 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
31 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
194 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

??????
Batman 29 85.29%
IronMan 5 14.71%
Voters: 34. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '06        #1
10357 pageviews
211 comments

Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,981 | Props total: 4006 4006
Robert Downey Jr. Disses 'The Dark Knight'

While I'd love to see Iron Man and Batman duke it out on the big-screen in some weird combination of two of the best movies this summer, I think I'll have to settle for a war of words instead. Turns out IRON MAN star Robert Downey, Jr. isn't too keen on THE DARK KNIGHT and doesn't really understand what all the fuss is about. Out promoting TROPIC THUNDER, Downey, Jr. told Moviehole that TDK is "not what I want to see in a movie." He called it "Ferrari enging" screenwriting and added that he "didn't get it [and] still can't tell you what happened in the movie." Saving his best for last, RDJ shot some harsh words for the competing comics studio in town. "You know what? F-ck DC Comics. That's all I have to say." Now knowing Robert Downey, Jr. and his sometimes demented and dry sense of humor, I'm guessing the "F*ck DC Comics" line was a bit tongue in cheek. But RDJ is also nothing if not honest and I really believe he wasn't a fan of THE DARK KNIGHT. And if he wasn't starring in IRON MAN, it probably wouldn't be much in the way of news. But the star of IRON MAN dissing THE DARK KNIGHT? That's gold Jerry! GOLD!

[pic - click to view]

http://www.moviehole.net/ .. rt-downey-jr-2

image Right now Christian Bale is sitting in his living room reading this. He'll look up from his computer and scream, "WHERE IS HE?!!"

211 comments for "Robert Downey Jr. Disses 'The Dark Knight'"

9 years ago '06        #2
jj01 
space
space
$44,956 | Props total: 4678 4678
bi*ch move by rdj. no need for that, hes already caked up with off ironman and will do well with tropic
 9 years ago '06        #3
Yung Dilla 1478 heat pts1478
space
space
$54,900 | Props total: 25701 25701
@ rdj that's n*gga is funny but it's all good tho can't wait to see bale respond will we get a iron man diss track??????????????????
 9 years ago '04        #4
rashad0715 76 heat pts76
space
space
$10,403 | Props total: 212 212
TDK is clearly too intelligent of a film for some people. It's a thinking man's movie. Not the typical superhero film. That's why it's smashing box office records. They stayed true to themselves and the material and didn't have to dumb it down for anyone.

This is so high brow and so f--king smart, I clearly need a college education to understand this movie. - Robert Downey, Jr.

Last edited by rashad0715; 08-13-2008 at 02:11 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #5
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
$16,986 | Props total: 4329 4329
This is probably fake. You pretty much can't trust any article you see linked on IMDB. MovieHole has real news but they don't hesitate to post the fake sh*t too. They have even posted fake interviews.

The worst is WENN and DigitalSpy which is 95% bullsh*t.

Last edited by JFamis; 08-13-2008 at 04:06 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #6
rashad0715 76 heat pts76
space
space
 JFamis said:
This is probably fake. You pretty much can't trust any article you see linked on IMDB. MovieHole has real news but they don't hesitate to post the fake sh*t too. They have even posted fake interviews.

The worst is WENN and DigitalSpy which is 95% bullsh*t.
You might be right. Same article is on quite a few sites though.

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by rashad0715; 08-13-2008 at 04:35 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #7
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
 rashad0715 said:
You might be right. Same article is on quite a few sites though.

[pic - click to view]

Well, that's what they do. Look at all those bullsh*t Angelina Jolie articles about Catwoman or Johnny Depp about Riddler. One site posts gossip and all the others copy it. You won't see it on a legit entertainment news site.
 9 years ago '06        #8
youngral 
space
space
$6,650 | Props total: 629 629
 rashad0715 said:
you might be right. Same article is on quite a few sites though.

[pic - click to view]

*dead*
 9 years ago '04        #9
ramzx22 
space
space
space
$832 | Props total: 0 0
the fanboyism is so strong in this thread lol
 08-13-2008, 05:04 PM         #10
magatsu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
RDJ is that dude. He's just speaking his mind. Too many people d*ck ride the Dark Knight. That film turned 80% of the male population into ball juggling c*m guzzlers. It was a decent movie but not that spectacular. A lot better than Batman Begins, but just like the original it gets boring real fast the second time around.
 9 years ago '04        #11
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
 magatsu said:
RDJ is that dude. He's just speaking his mind. Too many people d*ck ride the Dark Knight. That film turned 80% of the male population into ball juggling c*m guzzlers. It was a decent movie but not that spectacular. A lot better than Batman Begins, but just like the original it gets boring real fast the second time around.
You also have a thread titled "Pineapple Express best movie of the summer."
 9 years ago '06        #12
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94 OP
space
space
 JFamis said:

I love this section...
 9 years ago '04        #13
rashad0715 76 heat pts76
space
space
 JFamis said:

[pic - click to view]

oh sh*t.
 9 years ago '05        #14
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
space
$13,835 | Props total: 4102 4102
 JFamis said:
:agreement6::agreement6::agreement6:

PROPZ!!!
 08-13-2008, 06:23 PM         #15
magatsu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
.......and? So? I enjoyed that sh*t a lot more than the Dark Knight. The film was a lot more enjoyable for me and actually fun to sit through. It was engaging and had me laughing all the way through. Oh and its called exaggeration. If you really want to know the film I enjoyed the most this summer it would've been a little independent movie called Kabluey, but I wouldn't expect half of ya'll so called film buffs/critics to know sh*t about that.
 9 years ago '04        #16
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
 magatsu said:
.......and? So? I enjoyed that sh*t a lot more than the Dark Knight. The film was a lot more enjoyable for me and actually fun to sit through. It was engaging and had me laughing all the way through. Oh and its called exaggeration. If you really want to know the film I enjoyed the most this summer it would've been a little independent movie called Kabluey, but I wouldn't expect half of ya'll so called film buffs/critics to know sh*t about that.
Ok. Since you're such a film expert then tell me this... Where did you see Kabluey???
 9 years ago '04        #17
Jumpoff21 29 heat pts29
space
space
$4,854 | Props total: 934 934
That's just how RDj is , I loved Ironman tho, only movie I've seen twice this summer. As Far as the Dark knight , it was alright but I'm not a huge batman fan. I thought Harvey Dent was the best thing about the movie.
 9 years ago '06        #18
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94 OP
space
space
 Jumpoff21 said:
That's just how RDj is , I loved Ironman tho, only movie I've seen twice this summer. As Far as the Dark knight , it was alright but I'm not a huge batman fan. I thought Harvey Dent was the best thing about the movie.
That's why I thought this was pretty legit actually... I'm looking into it more...
 9 years ago '04        #19
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
 Storchaveli said:
That's why I thought this was pretty legit actually... I'm looking into it more...
It could be real but most actors are pretty careful about saying such bold statements, especially "fu*k DC Comics." It could get him blackballed at Warner Bros. and I think RDJ knows better than to say something like that.
 08-13-2008, 07:25 PM         #20
Styl3s 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
im sorry but my 12 year old niece completely understood the movie

then again this guy is a known coked up druggie and has been in rehab how many times? ill cut him some slack only because i think he is a great actor but if you cannot understand this film you either

A. Abuse Drugs so much half your brain is dead
B. Mentally retarded
C. Used to be a druggie and burnt so many brain cells you cant comprehend simple things such as green eggs and ham
D. Are a new born baby
E. Have an IQ of -100
F. All of the above
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
71 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
197 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
84 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
57 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
19 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
275 comments
19 hours ago