Charles Hamilton Discussion Thread/8 Mixtapes in 100 Days!! [Update Weekly]

most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
84 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Benzino Speaks On Joe Budden's Opinion Of Eminem's Music
67 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
47 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-23-2008, 09:57 AM         #101
magatsu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
n*ggaz don't think Brooklyn Girls is album quality? That sh*t goes hard. That n*gga flipped the fu*kin "Shawty Swing My Way" beat. I bet if it got played down south it would be a decent hit.
 9 years ago '07        #102
kyhoopsgoat 418 heat pts418 OP
space
space
$18,667 | Props total: 4416 4416
 magatsu said:
n*ggaz don't think Brooklyn Girls is album quality? That sh*t goes hard. That n*gga flipped the fu*kin "Shawty Swing My Way" beat. I bet if it got played down south it would be a decent hit.
Brooklyn Girls is def. album quality.
 09-23-2008, 11:25 AM         #103
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Arson said:
I listened to all this n*gga sh*t and IF what he offers from the mixtapes is what you can expect from a real retail album then he's not gonna drop something that you could consider a classic . Production will be A+ tho(if he can clear all the samples that is). Only thing he's put out that I would consider album worthy is Pink: The Light of Love. and even then he was rambling on about random sh*t on that track.

i think you're over reacting...charles has defintely put out songs that show you what he will be able to do on an album as far as putting out quality material....for the most part i think charles is freestyling literally off the top most of his joints...so judging by the mixtapes the type of quality you will receive on the album isn't a good idea....you should look at individual tracks where he is displaying being able to make album quality songs....in which case he has a number of them....in fact you can find some on the new dilla tape he dropped...
 9 years ago '07        #104
space
space
Interview from DXNEXT

Despite its influential renaissance in the early twentieth century, as well as being home to such emcees as Big L, Black Rob and Kurtis Blow the immense amount of talent coming from the stone-cold steps of the city of Harlem, New York - once a cornucopia of artistically gifted emcees, poet laureates and lyrical treasures each leaving an ingrained workboot-like print in hardcore street rap, perhaps more so than its charismatic cousin Brooklyn – has seemingly hit a rough patch.

Although the likes of Sean Combs and The Diplomats have become the Manhattan neighborhood’s flag-bearers, the flow of gifted rappers has slowed to a sedated drip. However a new breed of rapper has emerged, climbing through the muck of pop-tart singles and clichéd hood talk to deliver an element sorely missed from Hip Hop: the unique.

For young spitkicker Charles Hamilton, “unique” has always been his mantra throughout his career. Now armed with co-signs from today’s high profile artists, the Ohio transplant plans to take his followers on a journey through his eyes.

Repping: Harlem, New York, by way of Cleveland, Ohio.

Influences: While most rappers are quick to name-drop the telltale legends of the game, Charles derives his inspirations from some unlikely musicians. “I’m more influenced by Rock and other genres than hip-hop. I’m a big Incubus, Nine Inch Nails, Modest Mouse and Marilyn Manson fan. [Coldplay’s] A Rush Of Blood To The Head was crazy. However, he doesn’t count out the rap realm just yet. “When it comes to rap, I’d have to say Eminem, early Jay-Z… remember Skee-Lo? Skee-Lo was fu*kin’ dope, and a lot of people slept on his album.

On How His Music Isn’t Exactly “Music”: “At the end of the day, rap is basically how I communicate. I don’t even call it rapping; I consider it blogging on a beat. I don’t really care to be compared to anybody because I don’t think anybody has the same stories as me.”

On How Hip Hop Has Saved His Life: “I may do some things to be sarcastic or satirical, but at the end of the day if I wasn’t doing music I’d be somewhere locked up, in a mental ward or I would have committed suicide. Whatever pitfall you can imagine I’m sure I’d fallen into, so I’m blessed to be here.”

And I Don’t Need A Hook For This Sheeit…: “When I rhyme on beats, I focus on making sure my sentence is clear. While a lot of cats focus on flow, I would rather be within the beat, like my lyrics are an instrument itself.”

On Having One of The Greatest Rappers As A Family Member: “MC Lyte is my cousin. I knew she was a big deal, but to me she was always Lana. I actually didn’t know how OG my cousin was until they honored her at [2006’s] Hip Hop Honors.”

On Freestyling With Kanye West And The Game: “I’ve always felt that Kanye was great competition for me, and being around those two people was pretty cool. It wasn’t planned; me and Kanye were drinking Roget, and Game [click to read] was smoking wild blunts, and it just went down. It was cool that afterward we all gave each other dap: it was positive energy all the way around, even though we were all coming at each other.”

On The Major Co-signs He’s Received: “DJ Green Lantern is my dude. DJ Skee [click to read] is my official deejay. I had a chance to work with my favorite rapper in the world, Eminem, and that was a dope experience. Pharrell and I are good friends… Lionel Richie came up to the studio when I was in Los Angeles, and he’s heard my music. He was like, ‘You got that swagger! You got that swagger!’ DJ Quik, [Linkin Park’s] Mike Shinoda, Crooked I [click to view]: so many people have shown support.”

On Why Sonic The Hedgehog Is More Than Just A Video Game To Him: “To me, it’s not fanaticism: I take it dead serious. People laugh like, ‘Yo that was a fun game,’ but to me it’s a philosophy I came up with over time. Hedgehogs bury themselves under the ground, and sonic means ‘sound.’ So I bury myself in the sound of music, because other than that I’d have nothing. And because I stay in a positive zone, which is a state of mind, I feel that I can do anything that lives forever. It’s more than just than [hums theme song], it’s how I look at life. It sucks how people think it’s just a gimmick, kind of like the whole ‘pink’ thing. I feel like God is a woman, and pink is the color of life since pink is the color of the inside of the woman’s womb. And it takes a man to enter a woman in order to create life, and – of course – a woman had to create a man, so God is a woman.”

What Makes Charles Hamilton worthy: Mix in a bit of Kanye-level arrogance with the sensibilities of a Lupe Fiasco and an avant-garde style of lyricism, and you have one video game-philosophizing, witty yet humble, pink polo-rocking rapper from Harlem.
 9 years ago '07        #105
space
space
Charles Hamilton & Joe Budden - OnDaSpot Freestyle

Last edited by kyhoopsgoat; 09-23-2008 at 01:02 PM..
 9 years ago '07        #106
Verse 71 heat pts71
space
space
$16,576 | Props total: 5261 5261
New sh*t

Charles Hamilton - "Runaway Groom"

9 years ago '07        #107
space
space
 Verse said:
New sh*t

Charles Hamilton - "Runaway Groom"

I stay on iMeem @ work.

Last edited by kyhoopsgoat; 09-24-2008 at 08:48 AM..
 09-23-2008, 07:56 PM         #108
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wow he is nice
 9 years ago '07        #109
space
space
One on One w/ Charles Hamilton pt.1 (Video)

Jabari sits down with Charles Hamilton at the Frederick Douglass Academy to talk about bloggers and how his Interscope deal is not like the average artists’.

One On One w/ Charles Hamilton pt.2 (Video)

In part 2 of Jabari’s conversation with Charles Hamilton, he talks about him and Uncle Luke. He also goes in on Flavor Flav and Diddy and how they are being portrayed on VH1.

One On One w/ Charles Hamilton pt.3 (Video)

One On One w/ Charles Hamilton pt.4 (Video)

Here goes the final part of Jabari’s conversation with Charles Hamilton, where he speaks about the concept of his And Then They Played Dilla mixtape, his upcoming album and more.

Last edited by kyhoopsgoat; 09-24-2008 at 08:56 AM..
 9 years ago '07        #110
space
space
Charles Hamilton Introduces Demevolist Music Group

Talks about his production team for Staff Development ---> New mixtape

Last edited by kyhoopsgoat; 09-25-2008 at 01:06 PM..
 09-26-2008, 02:31 PM         #111
Jon Quest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I thought Wale was gonna be the next big thing, but to quote Shaq, "Charles Hamilton is the motha fu*kin truth!"

And then they played Dilla is fire. This guy is one to look out for.
 9 years ago '07        #112
Verse 71 heat pts71
space
space
Charles Hamilton - "Staff Development" - 9/30/08.....
 9 years ago '04        #113
Mysonne 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,831 | Props total: 2 2
Drake > Hamilton
 9 years ago '07        #114
dimmps12 
space
space
$156 | Props total: 0 0
Windows Media Player is nice the beat is illy.

09-26-2008, 07:54 PM         #115
KrayLay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
That sh*t was unlistenable^
 9 years ago '06        #116
Kick Dayez 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,686 | Props total: 254 254
 Mysonne said:
Drake > Hamilton
I was gon say the same thing

dimmps12 said:
Windows Media Player is nice the beat is illy.

no sir.

it prolly took 2 minutes to make that beat. plus n*ggas been makin "Windows" beats for years now, and i heard waaaaayyy better beats using those sounds. look on youtube and you'll find all kinds of beats like that.
usually his beats are hit or miss. that one was a miss.

but dat n*gga spit some serious fire.

but still, Drake > Hamilton

Last edited by Kick Dayez; 09-26-2008 at 10:04 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #117
RoyceDa59 240 heat pts240
space
space
$14,964 | Props total: 4669 4669
Head to nahright
 9 years ago '05        #118
§wiff 
space
space
$1,342 | Props total: 4 4
fiya...
 09-30-2008, 06:31 AM         #119
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yeah these tapes keep getting better...stand out tracks...the intro,air conditioner (really dope track)..brief intermission,ronald mcdonald,party of five,the butterfly effect,float,nah dead a.ss,mt rushmore....really enjoying this one..
 9 years ago '07        #120
Verse 71 heat pts71
space
space
Bumpington....

"Staff Development" out now.....:applause:

"Nah, Dead a.ss" =

Last edited by Verse; 09-30-2008 at 12:13 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
35 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
71 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
288 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
95 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
93 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
129 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
242 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
55 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy