Charles Hamilton Discussion Thread/8 Mixtapes in 100 Days!! [Update Weekly]

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
160 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
24 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
87 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
44 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '07        #181
kyhoopsgoat 418 heat pts418 OP
space
space
$18,659 | Props total: 4410 4410
Updated with a few new links to Mixtapes:

Charles Hamilton - And Then They Played Dilla (Mixtape)

DJ Skee & Charles Hamilton: Sonic The Hamilton [SS/MF]

Charles Hamilton - American Gangsta Mixtape-2008 [RS]

DJ Green Lantern Presents Charles Hamilton - Outside Looking

Charles Hamilton - American Gangsta v2.0-2008

Charles Hamilton - And Then They Played Dilla-2008

Charles Hamilton - Staff Development-2008

Here is fresh single featuring Asher Roth and B.O.B.

B.o.B, Charles Hamilton and Asher Roth - Change Gonna Come
 9 years ago '04        #182
born wisdom 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,004 | Props total: 951 951
can sombody up that "it's charles hamilton" mixtape and whatever mixtape has "c-food" on it. props for whoever ups it
 9 years ago '04        #183
MainEv3nt|M 21 heat pts21
space
space
$21,294 | Props total: 29 29
charles hamilton is dope, i just recently got into him but hes dope.
 9 years ago '08        #184
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,101 | Props total: 23308 23308
I ain't been feeling his last two tapes. Sonic the Hamilton got so much sh*t goin on
 11-12-2008, 05:01 PM         #185
goldenram1212 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Charles Hamilton crushed the Flashing Lights remix....
 9 years ago '07        #186
space
space
Charles Hamilton - New York Nick Interview pt. 1 (Video)

Charles sits down to talk about lyrics, becoming popular and not being a wack rapper.
 9 years ago '04        #187
IllmaticReignz 
space
space
$2,213 | Props total: 757 757
I like dudes freestyles better than his actual songs. I think its because of the hooks. Him attempting to sing on them k!lls it for me.
 9 years ago '04        #188
MainEv3nt|M 21 heat pts21
space
space
$21,294 | Props total: 29 29
 goldenram1212 said:
Charles Hamilton crushed the Flashing Lights remix....
u got that? if so pm me it.
 9 years ago '07        #189
space
space

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

I already listened all the way thru practically 3 times, its dope…people who don't like Charles need to stop focusing on the big pink headphones and him saying God’s a woman and him being Sonic and understand that he makes REAL good music. He’s for real...

Jukebox link for the download...
 9 years ago '07        #190
Verse 71 heat pts71
space
space
$16,573 | Props total: 5227 5227
^"Charlie's Angel's" >>>>>>>>>>>
 11-25-2008, 04:35 PM         #191
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
n*ggas a nerd with noflow. i will pass
 9 years ago '05        #192
§wiff 
space
space
$1,342 | Props total: 4 4
anotha ill tape/ep 4rm charles
 9 years ago '07        #193
space
space
 DrX said:
n*ggas a nerd with noflow. i will pass
So do this for me...

9 years ago '07        #194
space
space
 Verse said:
"Charlie's Angels" >>>>>>>>>>>
Agreed...
 9 years ago '08        #195
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,101 | Props total: 23308 23308
I can't bump anything from charles past It's Charles Hamilton b/c the beat have too much goin on.

He's rappin while their singing in the beat so its just all over the place. Plus his non flow still has gotten worse, it used to be like once or twice per tape now its like every song.

Still fu*k with with everything pre-L word mixtape tho. Enter the Hedgehog was the best off his recent stuff
 9 years ago '07        #196
space
space
Here goes the latest from Charles Hamilton and Co.

Demevolist Music Group - Ayo! These n*ggaz Went Hollywood

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

12-02-2008, 12:39 PM         #197
x MUHAMMAD ALI 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I just heard new song with him and Max B. This dude ain't that bad, I am gonna have to check him out.
 9 years ago '07        #198
space
space
 x MUHAMMAD ALI said:
I just heard new song with him and Max B. This dude ain't that bad, I am gonna have to check him out.
Charles Hamilton - The North Pole (feat. Max B)

:agreement6: :agreement6: :agreement6: :agreement6: :agreement6:

9 years ago '07        #199
Verse 71 heat pts71
space
space
$16,573 | Props total: 5227 5227
Charles explains "The Hamiltonization Process" and each Mixtapes connection to one another....

There is a level of humility that comes into being an artist that is both enigmatic and problematic. In order to find the proper creative balance, you have to deny what you know to be true about your craft, as well as hold on to what you know to be true. If you believe you make the best music in the history of sound, you have to pretend as if you don't to keep challenged. It makes the music more intriguing, but it makes what makes you sane... well, less than what you know it to be.

The purpose of The Hamiltonization Process is two fold. The first purpose was to show a gradually... not increase, but expansion of music, and the other was to tell a story.

What do I mean, well, let's get into each mixtape.

death of the Mixtape Rapper:
This mixtape was well-received by the hip-hop community, while downplayed in the musician community. The lingering question was, "all this hype about this kid being a musician/the future of not just rap but music, and he's rapping over industry beats!"

That was the desired response. Hence the title.

The concept was simple: a "label rep" conveys a message from Jimmy Iovine that I need to get my "G pass". Make street music. This was a jab at the hierarchy of the industry. Everything thinks they know what the streets want. And it's not hard to give the "streets" what they want when apparently, crass arrogant statements about one's possessions are what "the streets" require. At the same time, at heart I'm a musician. Being thrusted in to the spotlight as a "mixtape" rapper is a form of death.

Being labeled as ANY kind of ANYTHING k!lls EVERYTHING. What happened to just being an individual?

And Then They Played Dilla:

This project got me crucified on the underground. Closed-minded Dilla heads took this mixtape as a sign of disrespect. Which I found hilarious, because (a) I knew that was gonna be the response and (b) I'm a closed-minded Dilla head too. I hated HARD on Busta when he dropped that Dilla joint. And that joint wit him Pap and Cassidy on that "Psycho" beat was not hot AT ALL... sorry guys. But the wack part is, I'm an open minded person. So I felt bad that I disregarded how much they were paying homage to Dilla.

I guess my closed-mindedness was karma, huh?

Anyway, the concept was Dilla passed away and landed with my two imaginary (a word you're gonna be hearing a lot in The Hamilton Universe) friends. Before he died, he made "Donuts", which was his way of giving me "food" to "eat". Can't take over music on an empty stomach right? So out of homage/Ash Ketchum discovery fever (lol), I made... spacey music... lol

Staff Development:

Even Obama needs a staff to follow-through with his dreams. My faculty partner (Sha-leik), who is also a great producer, crafted sounds for my staff, Demevolist. Show, Nate (Yung Nate), JMeans, Bagdad, IsA and HchO are key elements to The Hamiltonization Process, because they can verify how real it is. Whatever the "it" is you need to believe is real...

The response was very favorable, as it showed musical growth. Instead of rapping to industry beats and remixing the beats of one of the greatest producers ever, people heard me dig in the crates.

Sidebar: There was still music being released before and unrelated to the actual, every-two-week Hamiltonization Process.

It's Charles Hamilton:

This was my mixtape version of an album. Based on the ItsTheReal skit (shouts to Eric and Jeff) where I moved in. I used it as a metaphor of what's been going on with me in the game since I got signed. Everything from breaking up with my girlfriend at the time to the nightmares I have were discussed. Simultaneously, I used me moving into the apartment of ItsTheReal as me moving into the rap game, in the sense of the strange change I desire to bring... strange because I don't see anything real anymore. But those are just my views

It was just pure Charles Hamilton. Slightly less condensed.

The L Word:

I have a lot of females in my life. Not on some "playa" sh1t, I just develop strong relationships with women. I also have a very interesting history with some women. All my experiences, despite my young age, made me grow up in m approach towards women. But I still managed to hurt some, confuse most and alienate the rest. If I was only lucky enough to not have to worry about all thath...

The L Word was me "looking" for "lady luck" while running into girls, women, b1tches and h0es. They are all different, in their individual ways. While on the "look", I understand more about myself and the women I deal with. I hope one day Lady Luck would present herself in human form. I’ll know who she is… if I’m lucky… I mean, some say she got me pretty far, along with being blessed…

Sonic the Hamilton:

This to me was like Jay-Z’s Black Album was to him. A lot of his lyrics he knew a lot of people wouldn’t get, because he was “blacking” out. He pretty much was at his creative peak and he felt like he was giving you all he got. Well, I haven’t really reached my creative peak yet (still only 21), but I wanted to let people in to see what my zone is like. It was kinda personal for me too, because I know people would think I’m crazy if I told them that the things I see in my head are what was presented on that project. But I knew that with such creativity comes a backlash of ignorance.

I wrote a script for the music. Every song was a scene. From me deciding to play Sonic instead of peeing in the morning, to getting over how it felt to become the real Sonic the Hedgehog and face the public. Even flashbacks to me as a baby dealing with Sonic’s capabilities.

Intervention:

The first project without a Sonic front cover. After hearing the content on “Sonic the Hamilton”, people think I lost my mind and need help. The only other time in my life when it was like that was when I was using in my late teens. People didn’t know much, but they knew I needed help.

To being considered a weirdo by people who don’t really get you, to wanting to sit in misery alone, I kicked my second-guessing nature habit cold-turkey. I have a working formula with music. It’s called “being creative”.

As you followed me from my death to my reincarnation, I bring you to my first spiritual trip through life.

The Pink Lavlamp.

Every song on The Pink Lavalamp is based on truth. Its recording was between 2006 and 2007, aka the darkest period of my life. A lot of songs were recorded, but 15 made the final cut. It’s been finished about 2 years now, and it was made before the deal, before the buzz, before the attention. It got me the bidding war.

It’s my baby, if you will… lol

Recorded and mixed in the FDA studio, the release of The Pink Lavalamp is the original, raw recording.

The Pink Lavalamp to me is what The Bible is to Christians. Before people start flippin out, this album was the Genesis to where I am at today musically. Every song has a story, every song has a meaning. Every story in every song has every meaning.

When I said in an interview that I learned what I need to learn to be myself, I got feedback saying “He can’t know all that. He’s not even 21!” And though I understood that response, I know what I meant. All the hell I went through brought me to this time in my life. Nothing can really harm me now. Honestly, I am a little afraid as to how far ahead I might move creatively… but that comes with the territory. You can’t be afraid as an artist. You don’t have to be an artist to do art. Your art is just living life. I’m just a musician, which means a lot more than just making music make sense. It’s about making the most out of the waves that form sound, and making it make sense to a timeless generation.

Every verse was a dialogue. Every hook was an interlude. Every song was a scene. Every project was an episode, and the program was…

The Hamiltonization Process.

And you have been Hamiltonized.

~~Charles Hamilton~~
***beep***

Last edited by Verse; 12-02-2008 at 04:54 PM..
 9 years ago '07        #200
space
space
MTV News Charles Hamilton Interview

Basically explaining the whole Sonice Concept and expands on some other issues.

Song is dope in the interview.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
7 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
27 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA JR Smith passes Kobe for 12th all-time in 3 pointers made
54 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
69 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy