[10-07] Pre-Blueprint III Discussion Thread/Kanye maynot be excutive producer

most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
30 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
43 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
83 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
10 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '05        #141
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,180 | Props total: 11743 11743
Update: A connect who works very close with Jay-Z just text me the following:

"None of those songs are on the album except "Swag"Jay's album has a theme to it".

From SOHH
 9 years ago '08        #142
Hiero 112 heat pts112
space
space
$19,566 | Props total: 2396 2396
:sleepy:
 9 years ago '08        #143
Cuban Linx... 7 heat pts
space
space
$783 | Props total: 35 35
than so much for the az track!

A theme though? his last album had a damn theme ...oh man now I'm worried
 9 years ago '06        #144
BlackandGifted 17 heat pts17
space
space
$24,431 | Props total: 788 788
 jeehtoven said:
I thought jay and beans were beefin'?
nah beans said he has no beef with jay or dame and he misses them
 9 years ago '08        #145
illmatic_kid 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,833 | Props total: 309 309
Wish I would have never found that sh*t, because after looking at how dope that tracklisting looked im gonna be highly upset if this album doesn't live up to my expectations...
 9 years ago '04        #146
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,341 | Props total: 11542 11542
LMAO @ Yall Believing This Brooklyn Lost
 9 years ago '08        #147
Cuban Linx... 7 heat pts
space
space

[pic - click to view]

Okay just got the news on the new LP. The Tracklisting on the internet is completely false, with the exception of possibly Most Kings but even that has been changed as Jay gave Chris Martin the original verse for a Coldplay song. Kanye West produced the entire album with a sound that combines the best of Kanye, Swizz, and Dilla. Think about how Swagga Like Us has the vocal sample with the Swiss Effect, the drums of Dilla by not being on some straight up boom boom bap sound, and the Electronic/European sounds of the keyboards used on the swagger joint.

Timbaland originally said he was doing the album, at which point Kanye flew to Germany to meet up with Jigga, gave him one beat cd with fifteen or so joints on it and after that it was a wrap. Kanye then flew to Hawaii where Jay was working and from there they knocked it out. The sound is not Love Lockdown so donít worry about that. Itís more about some hardcore Hip-Hop with a bit of Hardcore Rock and Electronic. It will definitely satisfy the heads while appealing to the eclectic cats.

As far as now there are no rapping features on the LP, but Cee-Lo Green of Gnarls Barkley is singing the hook on one track. Another song about Brooklyn features Santi White, an up and coming artist out of New York. Kanye sampled one of her songs and Jay then brought her in to redo the vocals. While other producers have been trying to get their work on the album the sound that Kanye is bringing is so different from what he has been doing that its damn near impossible to get anyone who is matching the same sound without them hearing what he has been doing.

I think from the news that I got is that he is gonna change the game again with the sound of this album, and while that has been said before remember Jay has already done this at least twice, once with the bling sound of the Neptunes and again with the original Blueprint.
 9 years ago '04        #148
Datni99ajeff 
space
space
$1,387 | Props total: 83 83
Just when i thought Kanye wasnt prod. whole albums anymore. dat ni99a timbo lookin like a damn fool
 9 years ago '06        #149
jj01 
space
space
$44,948 | Props total: 4669 4669
ya timbo lost badly on this, this could hurt their relationship from here on out. so no guest spots as of yet, does that mean slu remix is just fabrication?
 10-02-2008, 01:16 AM         #150
><>Young'n<>< 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
no guest features, was SLU not confirmed already
 9 years ago '04        #151
Kadroan 103 heat pts103
space
space
$33,458 | Props total: 6405 6405
 Datni99ajeff said:
Just when i thought Kanye wasnt prod. whole albums anymore. dat ni99a timbo lookin like a damn fool
yeah poor Timbo. Hell he should do an album with Nas
 9 years ago '08        #152
Cuban Linx... 7 heat pts
space
space
I don't really care about beats that much I just hope it's some lyrical complex playful confident lyrics and flow on the album cause outta all the beats I'm sure atleast one of em will be crazy...
 9 years ago '07        #153
Cartel-Clipz 28 heat pts28
space
space
$29,354 | Props total: 21339 21339
 Cuban Linx... said:

[pic - click to view]

Okay just got the news on the new LP. The Tracklisting on the internet is completely false, with the exception of possibly Most Kings but even that has been changed as Jay gave Chris Martin the original verse for a Coldplay song. Kanye West produced the entire album with a sound that combines the best of Kanye, Swizz, and Dilla. Think about how Swagga Like Us has the vocal sample with the Swiss Effect, the drums of Dilla by not being on some straight up boom boom bap sound, and the Electronic/European sounds of the keyboards used on the swagger joint.

Timbaland originally said he was doing the album, at which point Kanye flew to Germany to meet up with Jigga, gave him one beat cd with fifteen or so joints on it and after that it was a wrap. Kanye then flew to Hawaii where Jay was working and from there they knocked it out. The sound is not Love Lockdown so donít worry about that. Itís more about some hardcore Hip-Hop with a bit of Hardcore Rock and Electronic. It will definitely satisfy the heads while appealing to the eclectic cats.

As far as now there are no rapping features on the LP, but Cee-Lo Green of Gnarls Barkley is singing the hook on one track. Another song about Brooklyn features Santi White, an up and coming artist out of New York. Kanye sampled one of her songs and Jay then brought her in to redo the vocals. While other producers have been trying to get their work on the album the sound that Kanye is bringing is so different from what he has been doing that its damn near impossible to get anyone who is matching the same sound without them hearing what he has been doing.

I think from the news that I got is that he is gonna change the game again with the sound of this album, and while that has been said before remember Jay has already done this at least twice, once with the bling sound of the Neptunes and again with the original Blueprint.
:applause::applause::applause:
 9 years ago '08        #154
illmatic_kid 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,833 | Props total: 309 309
Sounds good...
 9 years ago '04        #155
JoeyAvalanche 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,836 | Props total: 125 125
that article makes me feel good
 9 years ago '08        #156
Cuban Linx... 7 heat pts
space
space
Here's the santi white chick, I guess blueprint 3 is going to sound like her music

9 years ago '06        #157
young_jas 1 heat pts
space
space
$534 | Props total: 0 0
dear god can you plz keep t pain and lil wayne away from hawaii so they cant just happen to be around the studio and get on the album. AMEN
 10-02-2008, 01:59 AM         #158
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cuban Linx... said:
Here's the santi white chick, I guess blueprint 3 is going to sound like her music

her,and m.i.a. make the same type music...clearly kanye is in love with this sound,because it's an international sound...expect that flavor,but with a hip hop feel...
 9 years ago '04        #159
jeehtoven 51 heat pts51
space
space
$5,645 | Props total: 470 470
I don't believe it...he had a list of producers for The Blueprint and that fell through

We'll see.
 9 years ago '04        #160
sunzoo 
space
space
$1,493 | Props total: 0 0
i'm trying not to get excited, but it's hard (lmao, no homo)

man....jay should put MIA in the vid for swagger like us on some real sh1t, or even feature her on the remix if she could come dope, cuz her sample made that record and the origonal record is heat in it's own right

but yea this sounds exactly like i was picturing, ye is coming wack on the mic, but i completely trust him on the boards, and fucck TIMBO

tim can keep his overproduced a.ss beats that rhyme over you...them sh1ts be hot, but i would never wanna rap over them, you gotta sing in falsetto (which is why timberlake works so well over them) to even stand out on that n1ggas beats no a days, i'm glad he aint' do the whole album, he and jay's collabos have been pretty lackluster as of late
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
155 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now