most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
22 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
79 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #21
exxxplicit 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,034 | Props total: 0 0
 DaOmega_1 said:
I'm probably gonna get hated on, but I still don't think that Belly is as much of a classic film as everyone makes it out to be. Visually, yes. Is it a good movie, of course it is. BUT, the story is soooo disjointed, it seemed like even the actors had a hard time keeping track of the storyline...

Ah, I don't know... that's just me...

Naw, your comments only show that you are honest and have a mind of your own. That was one of the most overrated movies of all time. Hell, i cant remember but it was either a vibe or xxl mag last month that had a huge article on that film. Everyone from the producers to the actors knew that, that movies was fu*ked from the 1st day of production. Here are a few of the interesting things i remember from that article.

*Hype went over budget on the 1st day of shooting the film with that club seen.

*Due to Hype going over budget huge pieces of the plot were deleted, there was a lot of the minister issues cut . . . there was a specific reason as to why DMX didnt k!ll him.

*Everyone knew Nas and T-boz were horrible actors, I think Method Man said the sh*t was funny because Nas couldnt differentiate acting from real life. There was a quote where he said if Nas was shot in the a.ss for real he probably would walk in the house and say, "Damn n*ggas just shot me in the a.ss"

*Most of the stars were either hi, late, drunk, unprepared or all of the above on damn near a daily basis

*DMX stole the bowl of weed

*The Jamacain chicks a.ss wasnt half a.ss big as it looked, DMX said he believed Hype had to use some camera tricks because her a.ss was no where near that big.

*It was in the original budget to actually send Nas to Africa and shoot in Africa . . . . there was all sort of sh*t in that article that just some of the sh*t that I recall
 9 years ago '06        #22
"SS" 28 heat pts28 OP
space
space
$10,241 | Props total: 4833 4833
 exxxplicit said:
Naw, your comments only show that you are honest and have a mind of your own. That was one of the most overrated movies of all time. Hell, i cant remember but it was either a vibe or xxl mag last month that had a huge article on that film. Everyone from the producers to the actors knew that, that movies was fu*ked from the 1st day of production. Here are a few of the interesting things i remember from that article.

*Hype went over budget on the 1st day of shooting the film with that club seen.

*Due to Hype going over budget huge pieces of the plot were deleted, there was a lot of the minister issues cut . . . there was a specific reason as to why DMX didnt k!ll him.

*Everyone knew Nas and T-boz were horrible actors, I think Method Man said the sh*t was funny because Nas couldnt differentiate acting from real life. There was a quote where he said if Nas was shot in the a.ss for real he probably would walk in the house and say, "Damn n*ggas just shot me in the a.ss"

*Most of the stars were either hi, late, drunk, unprepared or all of the above on damn near a daily basis

*DMX stole the bowl of weed

*The Jamacain chicks a.ss wasnt half a.ss big as it looked, DMX said he believed Hype had to use some camera tricks because her a.ss was no where near that big.

*It was in the original budget to actually send Nas to Africa and shoot in Africa . . . . there was all sort of sh*t in that article that just some of the sh*t that I recall

props if u could post that article or even remember what mag it was in so i can buy it
 9 years ago '05        #23
ACEMAN 
space
space
$2,361 | Props total: 0 0
I got this Belly 2 shyt on bootleg...that nukka Game does some terrible azz acting in this shyt...hell even Omar is terrible...the dialogue is terrible...the damn story just doesnt make sense...its garbage straight up...the only "good" scene was when ****SPOILER*** Game fukked the shawdii who starred in Coming to America....that was the best acting scene in the damn movie....shyt the nukka WC was the best actor in the damn movie
 9 years ago '04        #24
KnightOfTears 14 heat pts14
space
space
$3,665 | Props total: 499 499
this bullsh*t just goes to prove that if you have money you can make as sh*tty a movie as possible and market it. I guess I'll set in place the budget for the film of me taking daily sh*ts, it will be out this fall. This is the biggest epic fail in the film business, and I thought nothing would EVER be worse than Attack Of The k!ller Tomatoes. I stand corrected with this half-assed wanna be gangsta fu*k-up of a movie. Str8 garbage!!!

Last edited by KnightOfTears; 08-10-2008 at 06:31 PM..
 9 years ago '05        #25
Wasted|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$12,305 | Props total: 69 69
So this isnt Belly 2? I thought it was strange it didn't come out at the cinemas.
 08-11-2008, 09:08 AM         #26
Im_Drunk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hiphopsince1983 said:
BECAUSE IT WAS TOO fu*kING DARK!
I kept adjusting the contrast during the club scenes, fu*k.

exactly...the lighting in the damn movie was terrible...i dunno what's classic about that shyt though...Nas' acting was terrible....the shoot out at the strip club where meth gets shot, flies thru the door..manages to still get up and start shooting then hop in a car...i mean really, what the hell?...and Belly 2 looks like certified trash...even the title font is nothign like the original font for Belly...that should say something about it...
 9 years ago '04        #27
Hood_Rich 7 heat pts
space
space
$15,710 | Props total: 437 437
just downloaded and watched it last night from the Jukebo and the movie was bullsh*t, lol....I didnt expect much from it anyway tho

-why did they have someone else voicing Game's characters thoughts, lol
-Game was wack for saying "I seen them f*g**t a.ss G Uint n*ggas last night, I was bout to rob em, but im on parole"

its only a hour and 16 mins so its not that long
 9 years ago '04        #28
Floeji 
space
space
$5,529 | Props total: 68 68
 darealness818 said:
wtf this cant be the true sequel...i heard hype williams was directing again and it was suppossed to be called beast n i heard nas was suppose to come back from africa...i always wondered, why was hype williams criticized so heavily for his directing job on it??when you ask sum1 today what they thought about belly theyll most likely say it was an overated P.O.S...but when it 1st came out it was universally hailed as a hood classic
Anyone calling Belly overrated is a fu*king idiot. Just the cinematography alone should have gotten it Oscars.

The soundtrack was amazing. He captured the essence of the late 90's hiphop.

I love Belly and watch it all the time. That's something I need to hear n*ggas say they watch 20 times. Not fu*king Scarface. Scarface is hot, but it's long as fu*k. Belly is just as gangster.
 9 years ago '04        #29
Floeji 
space
space
$5,529 | Props total: 68 68
 Im_Drunk said:
exactly...the lighting in the damn movie was terrible...i dunno what's classic about that shyt though...Nas' acting was terrible....the shoot out at the strip club where meth gets shot, flies thru the door..manages to still get up and start shooting then hop in a car...i mean really, what the hell?...and Belly 2 looks like certified trash...even the title font is nothign like the original font for Belly...that should say something about it...
fu*k Nas' part in the movie. That n*gga can't act for sh*t.

But DMX didn't do well? Belly is what opened up all of those other roles for him.

Meth just wouldn't die. Maybe he had a vest on? Me and my n*ggas still discuss that sh*t. He didn't die at the club, or in front of the barbershop. We speculate that he probably lived after Keisha shot him in the face. Who knows?

And for n*ggas complaining about the movie being too dark, WTF? Fix your TV'S. Get new ones.

The darkest parts of the movie were the scenes in Nas' house. The club scene couldn't have been that dark because of the black lights and glow in the dark sh*t going on.
 08-11-2008, 02:23 PM         #30
5 Or Better 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
My dude told me about this yesterday at work.
 9 years ago '05        #31
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,411 | Props total: 395 395
Please tell me that was belly pt 2... The Narrator wasn't even the Game.
 9 years ago '04        #32
rashad0715 76 heat pts76
space
space
$10,404 | Props total: 212 212
The movie was garbage, but on another note Shari Headley (Coming to America) looked damn good.
 9 years ago '06        #33
servesurite 42 heat pts42
space
space
$9,317 | Props total: 1085 1085
 H Class said:
at the fact this is the "long-awaited" sequel to Belly.
at Game starring in this bullsh*t.
at the fact it says this was released in 2006.
at the cheap generic cover.
at the fact it says its inspired by a true story.

at the fact I'm most likely still going to view this movie.
 9 years ago '04        #34
rasheedwallace 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,344 | Props total: 11266 11266
"It's me, Nas and Hype, [Williams, the director of the film]. I go and get [Nas' character in Africa]," DMX told AllHipHop.com. "We start filming this year."

Released in 1998, Belly is an urban drama centered around Tommy (DMX) and Sincere (Nas), former partners in crime who become estranged after Sincere decides to go straight and Tommy takes on a major drug deal from a Jamaican drug lord.

"We got a sick story and all that," DMX continued. "We're starting this one off how the last one ended and pick it up from there."

The film, which featured Taral Hicks, rappers Method Man and Vita, dancehall artist Louie Rankin and T-Boz from TLC, marked the feature film directorial debut of music video director Hype Williams.

Williams collaborated with Nas on the movie's screenplay.

Like Williams, Belly marked DMX's first venture in to feature films.

The rapper was slated to star in the drama Marble City, but was dropped by the film's producers and replaced by Ving Rhames.

As of press time, there is no word on when Beast will be released theatrically.
 08-13-2008, 02:20 AM         #35
Javon_Johnson 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
1. @ "legacy". Aside from Hype's cinematography BELLY was f*cking trash.

2. @ y'all jockin' Headley. That b*tch is like 102.
 08-13-2008, 02:36 AM         #36
skletch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 "SS" said:
well u can pretty much forget about a "true" sequel if they have already licensed the name out to this bullsh*t. i for one am kinda pissed about this one, they really shoulda just left sh*t the way it was. whats next menace 2 society 2 starring soulja boy........... or maybe boys in da hood 2 starring mims and neyo
:agreement6:
 08-13-2008, 02:37 AM         #37
skletch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jaiden05 said:
Please tell me that was belly pt 2... The Narrator wasn't even the Game.
Please tell me who that broad in ur avy is...
 9 years ago '08        #38
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,893 | Props total: 12603 12603
Just saw this,
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
100 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
135 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
180 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Biggie Smalls was Official South Side Compton Crip
60 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
60 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
75 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
76 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside 15 Artists That Biggie Wanted To Work With (But Never Got The Chance)
42 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy