Robert Downey Jr. is going to give Heath Ledger a run for his money....

most viewed right now
NBA Bron and the Cavs been on they sh-t since ...
30 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
86 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
137 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
yukmouth responded to gonzoe
20 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '08        #1
9530 pageviews
150 comments

KarteL13 
space
space
space
$2,445 | Props total: 4 4
Robert Downey Jr. is going to give Heath Ledger a run for his money....

.....in terms of stealing the show in Tropic Thunder.

Everyone I spoke to that saw the pre-screening say that Robert Downey Jr. absolutely k!llS his role.

Last edited by KarteL13; 08-05-2008 at 12:37 PM..

150 comments for "Robert Downey Jr. is going to give Heath Ledger a run for his money...."

9 years ago '08        #2
KarteL13  OP
space
space
space
Stiller: Why you still in character?

RDJ: Man I don't drop character until I done the DVD commentary

lmao
 9 years ago '07        #3
Supercoolbert 122 heat pts122
space
space
$7,196 | Props total: 1285 1285
highly doubt it lol
 9 years ago '07        #4
Jersey732 6 heat pts
space
space
$4,624 | Props total: 400 400
dont think so
 9 years ago '08        #5
KarteL13  OP
space
space
space
 bertini22 said:
highly doubt it lol

Well, obviously Ledger's got an edge because of the success of TDK as well as his unfortunate death.

But there's no denying Downey k!lling this.
 08-05-2008, 01:00 PM         #6
Stark 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
even if downey k!lls it, in what will be a wack movie it wont be close to ledgers perfomance are you fu*king serious.
 08-05-2008, 01:05 PM         #7
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It's a corny Ben Stiller Movie...

Not hard to steal the show really... Especially when you are as good of an actor as RDJ is... Still, this movie is a joke... So please don't compare it, or Jr.'s performance to anything having to do with "The Dark Knight".
 9 years ago '08        #8
KarteL13  OP
space
space
space
 Illstreet said:
It's a corny Ben Stiller Movie...

Not hard to steal the show really... Especially when you are as good of an actor as RDJ is... Still, this movie is a joke... So please don't compare it, or Jr.'s performance to anything having to do with "The Dark Knight".
lol, this place is filled with simple minded idiots. No where did I compare Tropic Thunder to TDK. I was simply saying RDJ is going to give Ledger a run for his money for outstanding performance this year. Do you not understand that? Its simply involving the characters. The fact that RDJ is going to play a black man (Something controversial and difficult to accomplish) in a movie with comedy kings shouldn't go unnoticed.

I love it how everyone is on Ledger's sack now but I'm sure everyone was afraid to admire him because of his brokeback mountain flick. The funnier thing was the outrage once he was casted as the joker.
 08-05-2008, 01:33 PM         #9
Stark 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KarteL13 said:
lol, this place is filled with simple minded idiots. No where did I compare Tropic Thunder to TDK. I was simply saying RDJ is going to give Ledger a run for his money for outstanding performance this year. Do you not understand that? Its simply involving the characters. The fact that RDJ is going to play a black man (Something controversial and difficult to accomplish) in a movie with comedy kings shouldn't go unnoticed.

I love it how everyone is on Ledger's sack now but I'm sure everyone was afraid to admire him because of his brokeback mountain flick. The funnier thing was the outrage once he was casted as the joker.
your one of the dumbest people alive.

hes not playing a black man hes playing a white guy who gets a surgey to make him look black get it right. The movie is gonna be garbage wont even come close to step brothers or pineapple express.

What is your reasoning for comparing to heath ledger at all. Hes gonna steal the show in a wack movie so your comparing that to heath ledger's all time perfomance? are u fu*king retarded.
 9 years ago '06        #10
Young_Remedy 25 heat pts25
space
space
$2,646 | Props total: 325 325
some of ya'll are too sensitive and need to quit crying

but as fas as RDJ =
 08-05-2008, 02:05 PM         #11
Awperator2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I was lucky enough to see Tropic Thunder about 6 months ago to a year ago.
I can tell you Downey rocks it hard.
He has a line in there i thought was hilarious about him being a farmer. Trust me this movie is A+ material, even the beggining sets it up perfect. He as a black man is probably the funniest thing i've seen in a while.
This isn't just another comedy, Tropic Thunder is amazing, don't trust me.. go see it yourself when it comes out. 8.9/10
 08-05-2008, 02:09 PM         #12
Awperator2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Stark said:
your one of the dumbest people alive.

hes not playing a black man hes playing a white guy who gets a surgey to make him look black get it right. The movie is gonna be garbage wont even come close to step brothers or pineapple express.

What is your reasoning for comparing to heath ledger at all. Hes gonna steal the show in a wack movie so your comparing that to heath ledger's all time perfomance? are u fu*king retarded.
I haven't seen Step Brothers but i know it will be funny, BUT it's just not a good all around comedy for everybody, it's another Anchorman comedy. Trust me Anchorman is in my top10, but a will ferrel movie can't compare to Tropic Thunder, it's an all around good comedy movie, not just 90 minutes of will ferrel jokes.

Robert Downey Jr. deserves props. He was very funny. It was a very good comedy.

I have yet to see Pineapple Express, but i plan to see it when it comes out, so i will let you know how i feel about that, but don't compare movies you haven't even seen yet, i don't see how you can call someone the dumbest person alive, about a certain movie, when you haven't even seen it!
 08-05-2008, 02:13 PM         #13
~WèB~HùStLà~ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hot damn !!!

LMAO @ the black dudes name : Alpa Chino
 9 years ago '05        #14
CalcuoCuchicheo 
space
space
$6,478 | Props total: 3 3
lol@some of these idiots acting like:
- The Dark Knight is the greatest film ever;
- Heath Ledger's performance is the greatest ever;
- the Dark Knight &/or Heath Ledger is something/someone they have cherished for so long that comparing them to something/someone they view as lesser justifies "outrage".

And regardless of how good a performance Robert Downey Jr delivers, he'll struggle to get the same recognition, be it in similar plaudits or award nominations, because comedies are still viewed as comparatively unimportant.
 08-05-2008, 02:15 PM         #15
Awperator2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Oh and there is a sort of opening scene you could say with Robert Downey Jr and tobey mcguire (spider-man). i wish the movie was out so you guys would know how funny it was.

Hilarious.
 08-05-2008, 02:17 PM         #16
Awperator2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CalcuoCuchicheo said:
lol@some of these idiots acting like:
- The Dark Knight is the greatest film ever;
- Heath Ledger's performance is the greatest ever;
- the Dark Knight &/or Heath Ledger is something/someone they have cherished for so long that comparing them to something/someone they view as lesser justifies "outrage".

And regardless of how good a performance Robert Downey Jr delivers, he'll struggle to get the same recognition, be it in similar plaudits or award nominations, because comedies are still viewed as comparatively unimportant.
99.9% agree. Just thought i would add that.
 9 years ago '04        #17
Texas 
space
space
$1,058 | Props total: 1 1
I caught an early screening as well. RDJ is the sh*t in this movie. His lines alone are worth the price of admission....

that being said, can't really compare his humor to Ledger in TDK. two different roles.
 08-05-2008, 02:23 PM         #18
Awperator2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Texas said:
I caught an early screening as well. RDJ is the sh*t in this movie. His lines alone are worth the price of admission....

that being said, can't really compare his humor to Ledger in TDK. two different roles.
Agreed it's like comparing Rap to Screamo
 9 years ago '06        #19
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,992 | Props total: 4027 4027
Yeah you can IMMEDIATELY tell off the trailers alone if a performance is gonna stand out. RDJ's is one of them. Will watch this.
 9 years ago '08        #20
KarteL13  OP
space
space
space
 Awperator2 said:
Agreed it's like comparing Rap to Screamo
not really, actually. Its just a comparison between two great actors stealing the show.

You're basically asking:

Who should be considered for best supporting actor? One of the answers is Ledger, obviously. But people shouldn't feel offended if you include RDJ to the list.

BTW, didn't robert downey jr. take matters into his own hands in terms of writing his own part?
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
76 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside trust a big butt and smile
36 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
35 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
89 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
193 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
vida guerra
84 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
86 comments
21 hours ago