Ron Artest Officially Traded To The Rockets!!!!!....

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
85 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
61 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '06        #1
6832 pageviews
215 comments

down2earth 18 heat pts18
space
space
$3,391 | Props total: 0 0
Ron Artest Officially Traded To The Rockets!!!!!....

....... To the Houston Rockets.:applause::applause:

Ron Artest set for deal to Rockets

In what had been a quiet offseason, the Rockets are about to make a lot of noise.

In a stunning move designed to push the Rockets from solid playoff team toward legitimate NBA contenders, the Rockets reached agreement Tuesday with the Sacramento Kings to acquire gifted but controversial forward Ron Artest, according to an NBA executive with knowledge of the deal.

The Rockets will give up guard Bobby Jackson, a No. 1 draft pick next season and another player that the individual with knowledge of the trade could not name. Rockets general manager Daryl Morey could not be immediately reached for comment.

Because of contract considerations, the trade will not be announced until Aug. 14, though that would indicate the deal could include Rockets’ first round draft pick Donte’ Greene. Greene is not permitted to be traded until then, one month from when he signed with the Rockets.

There could also be other players involved to make the money match but none that the Rockets would plan to keep. The Rockets will also send the Kings cash in excess of $1 million.

Artest, 28, is considered one of the NBA’s most unpredictable characters and was the central figure in a 2004-05 brawl with fans in Auburn Hills, Mich. He is also considered among the league’s toughest lock-down defenders and sometimes, an unstoppable offensive force.

The 39 points he scored against the Rockets in 2006-07 season are his career high.

A 6-7, 248 pound forward, he had publicly lamented his decision last month not to opt out of the last season of his contract to become a free agent, renewing the Kings’ efforts to move him.

Artest played 40 games for Rockets coach Rick Adelman after he was traded by the Indiana Pacers to the Kings in the 2005-06 season, averaging 16.9 points, 5.2 rebounds and a career-high 4.2 a.ssists. He was also a first-team NBA All-Defensive team selection. He offered to donate his salary if the Kings were willing to retain Adelman after that season.

In nine NBA seasons out of St. John’s, where he was a third-team All-American, Artest has averaged 16 points and 5.1 rebounds. He was the 2003-04 NBA Defensive Player of the Year. He averaged 20.5 points per game last season.

Artest, however, has been unable to stay clear from trouble. He was arrested in March 2007 and charged with domestic abuse and eventually sentenced to 20 days in jail and community service. That sentence was reduced to 10 days in a work release program. He had also been charged with animal neglect, though charges were not filed and Artest has since worked with People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals on several campaigns.

In addition to his 73-game suspension after going into the stands in the Nov. 19, 2004 brawl (the longest suspension in NBA history other than for drug policy violations or gambling), he has been suspended for destroying a television camera in New York, for an altercation with then Heat coach Pat Riley in Miami and for numerous flagrant fouls.

Drafted by the Chicago Bulls in 1999, he was traded in 2002 to the Pacers, having some of his best seasons, including his one All Star season in 2003-04. Prior to the f!ght in 2004, he was suspended for two games for asking for a month off to promote an R&B album by a group on his production label.

After his return to the Pacers the season after the f!ght, he asked for a trade and was placed on the inactive roster.

Though Artest has been best used as a small forward, Rockets forward Shane Battier is also considered among the league’s best players at defending small forwards and shooting guards. But because Artest can defend players from small guards to power forwards, the Rockets could finish games with Artest and Battier on the court together, either with Tracy McGrady sliding over to point guard or with Artest matching up with power forwards.

[pic - click to view]

http://www.chron.com/disp .. n/5914062.html

Yes!!! We are finally gonna make it out of the first round!!!!! 2008-2009 NBA Champions. The Houston Rockets!!!!!image:applause:

I love you Morey!!!!

Last edited by down2earth; 07-29-2008 at 07:21 PM..

215 comments for "Ron Artest Officially Traded To The Rockets!!!!!...."

9 years ago '06        #2
titanreese 13 heat pts13
space
space
$12,533 | Props total: 1036 1036
are you fu*king serious.....Thats bad a.ss.. Ron Artest will fu*king give us a great shot at getting out of the first round :banghead:

Nice move from the Rockets :applause::applause:

Looking forward to seeing Ron in a Rockets jersey
 9 years ago '05        #3
BO$$ Playa 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$1,461 | Props total: 3 3
:wow: rockets gonna be a problem
 9 years ago '04        #4
GoldynChyld421 
space
space
space
$7,954 | Props total: 707 707
fu*kin BOGUS!

What are they gonna do with him? Send Battier to the bench?

Perimeter players are gonna have a tough time against this team...
 9 years ago '04        #5
GoldynChyld421 
space
space
space
And I called it earlier... T-Pain will finally get out of the first round :applause:
 9 years ago '06        #6
Xaiv 149 heat pts149
space
space
$4,280 | Props total: 2189 2189
BLOOD R U SERIOUS? DONT BE fu*kIN WIT MY EMOTIONS OMFG
 9 years ago '05        #7
NomiS 2 heat pts
space
space
$6,121 | Props total: 28 28
 BO$$ Playa said:
:wow: rockets gonna be a problem
they still gonna be trash.... they been stacked for the past 3 seasons..
 9 years ago '06        #8
down2earth 18 heat pts18 OP
space
space
$3,391 | Props total: 0 0
 jdel said:
@ the rockets being champions... yeah right
Im sorry, i cant hear hear you on the account of the Miami Heat being so far down the cellar in the Leastern Conference.
 07-29-2008, 07:26 PM         #9
rawproduct03 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
good look for the rockets, my best friends is the biggest t-mac fan and i ain't gonna never hear the end of this, if there whole team is healthy come playoff time, look out, they most def gonna be a problem
 9 years ago '05        #10
BO$$ Playa 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$1,461 | Props total: 3 3
 NomiS said:
how have they been stacked....they never even had a 3rd option
 9 years ago '04        #11
sunzoo 
space
space
$1,493 | Props total: 0 0
holeeeey sh1t....give the rockets a little bit deeper bench, and they are going to terrorize n1ggas man...this is great fuccking news, t-mac deserves to be surrounded with great players, he ain't getting no younger and i'd hate for him to end his career without making any kinda real noise in the off season, i'm happy
 9 years ago '05        #12
Htown_Koopa 
space
space
$2,679 | Props total: 16 16
Damn now we just need to trade Battier for Mike Miller
 9 years ago '04        #13
sunzoo 
space
space
$1,493 | Props total: 0 0
 NomiS said:
stacked with what? injuries? who is the rockets 3rd option? da fucck outta here
 9 years ago '04        #14
GoldynChyld421 
space
space
space
 Htown_Koopa said:
Damn now we just need to trade Battier for Mike Miller
To the team that traded Battier in the first place, good luck...
 9 years ago '04        #15
marcy|M 
space
space
$12,958 | Props total: 0 0
good move for the rockets...with a healthy yao/t-mac and with battier still on the roster they'll be a serious contender to the lakers/spurs...
 9 years ago '06        #16
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,783 | Props total: 2277 2277
good trade for the rockets they really stole artest and i didnt even see any rumors for this sh*t but thats usually how these trades go down without many signs. One thing i see as a potential problem is that they have T MAc, Artest , and battier at the same positions so i think that there might be another trade in the works but it could work out without one.
 9 years ago '04        #17
ghettofied 341 heat pts341
space
space
$21,865 | Props total: 8192 8192
 GoldynChyld421 said:
To the team that traded Battier in the first place, good luck...
Mike Millers on the Timberwolves sir, not the Grizzles now, OJ MAYO trade. Not being a douche, just thought i would correct you.
 9 years ago '04        #18
GoldynChyld421 
space
space
space
 ghettofied said:
Mike Millers on the Timberwolves sir, not the Grizzles now, OJ MAYO trade. Not being a douche, just thought i would correct you.
Damn you're right, I forgot they even traded him... Well in that case, they might have a shot, but I wouldn't expect the Wolves to give up that kinda of shooting... I mean, who do they have that can score?
 07-29-2008, 07:41 PM         #19
rawproduct03 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NomiS said:
^^^wow your retarded, they've only had yao and t mac thats far from a "stacked team"
 9 years ago '05        #20
Garnet & Gold 42 heat pts42
space
space
$33,296 | Props total: 16 16
:wow: :wow: :wow:
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
43 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
80 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
23 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
170 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
270 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
148 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
130 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
76 comments
2 days ago