Nas Protest against Fox/O'Reilly "Nas Album Is A Disaster"/Nas talks Fox on Colbert

most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
197 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
17 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
88 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
80 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

What is Nas' intentions?
Nas is trying to sell records 2 16.67%
Nas is genuine about his movement against Fox News 2 16.67%
He's killing 2 birds with one stone. 8 66.67%
Voters: 12. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 07-25-2008, 01:26 PM         #341
HotepSuns  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ICanDoIt said:
that statement would've actually hurt him even more. Correct me if I'm wrong but the shooter from Virginia Tech could've been seen as a "kid" so that wouldn't have helped. Point is, he did what most black men would do and got defensive. If you wanna count that against him go ahead. But he did get his point across and there's no denying that. He showed up with the petition signatures and performed Sly Fox and not Hero, which is supposed to be his single.

I agree with you Hotep but the fact of the matter is, Nas may indeed have his own agenda. Personally, with hip-hop in the state that it's in, n*ggas like Nas despite being a legend have to do certain sh*t to get attention nowadays. But at least, it's something positive. He ain't all of a sudden get arrested or some other off the wall sh*t, he's bringing to light the racism and the unbias that Fox News is guilty of...

he's a recording artist...marketing goes into pushing forth the album...but everyone does this as a recording artist...especially a major recording artist...but that doesn't mean that what they are talking about in their album is any less authentic....which is more of my point....
 9 years ago '04        #342
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,217 | Props total: 2114 2114
 slimwillie said:
where did I say you were embarrased? the klan didn't teach you to read?

so again where is Chuck D f!ghting the power? oh he did that to sell records. you're a fan of a n*gga that sang f!ght the power to sell records but not Nas?
damn now you throwing the Klan in it??:wow: YOu are seroulsy mad as hell. You dident say Im embarassed....I said it you dumb fu*k.Im embarassed for yall that nasty Nas is the spokesperson for you in this huge operation to take on Fox.Its kind of insulting that hes the best that they could get. Again Chuck D is not rapping anymore.....but my point remains the same....he started out and he ended in the sh*t he believed in.Nas is known to switch up every year when his albums come around.....how fu*kin hard is that to see??
 07-25-2008, 01:29 PM         #343
DA DOPEMAN  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
word up

A white racists like oreilly wouldnt like an album like N i g g e r....
 9 years ago '04        #344
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
 REAL_NESS said:
This makes NO sense. How can NaS be doing this to sell records?

You really think the majority of people were going to say "I heard NaS was going out Fox let me go buy his album" :rolleyes:

Y'all seem to forget that O'Reilly personally attacked NaS FIRST during the whole Virginia Tech situation. NaS was the one provoked

Y'all are trying so hard to call gimmick
any publicity is good publicity....are you telling me its a huge coincidence that hes doing this a week after his album called "zzzzzz" dropped?? People serioulsy believe this??
 07-25-2008, 01:30 PM         #345
THE TRUTHINESS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
n*ggas still haven't answered, why this n*ggas hasn't been marching against, Fox News? They can't answer it, because they know Nas is doing this to sell a album. He doesn't care about what's going on with Fox news. The n*gga is a joke, just like Bill.

Nas being mad at Fox, is like a n*gga sniffing coke, while protesting against movies like Blow and Scarface.
 07-25-2008, 01:33 PM         #346
REAL_NESS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 persuazion said:
any publicity is good publicity....are you telling me its a huge coincidence that hes doing this a week after his album called "zzzzzz" dropped?? People serioulsy believe this??
Dog, like I said NaS was the one provoked. Fox News called him out. If NaS wanted to really sell records he would make a dance up.

You know damn well NaS is not the one for the spotlight. Look at him in interviews, he looks mad uneasy because he usually drops an album and disappears
 07-25-2008, 01:33 PM         #347
HotepSuns  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 persuazion said:
Ill get out of the way becuase I can see that its a blatant publicity stunt..and Nas makes himself look like an a**hole in every interview he does...he talkin sh*t about Jesse Jackson but what has Nas done to even come close to the sh*t Jesse has done? Did you sign the petition or are you just watching to see what happens?

sun i've done more than sign petitions...i've been on the frontlines..helping kids in my community...doing the after school thing...f!ghting minor injustices at the college i went too...and ALWAYS speaking upon the real....which is why i will never knock another man for doing the same thing...and while nas criticized jesse jackson for what he said..(which was deserved) he also said jesse jackson was necessary,and has done a lot for us....that's what is commonly known as ACCOUNTABILITY...you can hold someone accountable for their actions without completely negating their role...what difference does it make how much more,or less nas has done than jesse jackson..this isn't a competition....and because jesse has done a lot for black people does not mean he's above criticism...especially LEGIT criticism....which came from a ton of people in the black community about his ridiculous comments about obama...

every post you make is just another divisive plot on the subject matter at hand......you are bill o'reilly...
 07-25-2008, 01:38 PM         #348
Rhyme n Tekniq  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 greenshadi said:
Yall something else...Nas ALWAYS spits at least one jewel on his cds. I'm starting to believe 85% on boxden are white based on the comments. So what if it is a gimmick, how you can deny songs like N.IG.G.E.R. and We not alone? Nas spoke the truth about Fox. I feel bad for this generation, for real.

dont start to believe, BELIEVE it

i have been on several hip hop forums over the course of 7 years

and at least 72% of all users on each one were mainly angry 11-16 yr old
trying to pass of as black with over k!ll urban screen names like
G_millieruger2525 or MC k!llmatic..they usually get exposed when they get heated about somethin and show they true racist self

this isnt any different................just a bunch of teenie boppers who gravitate towards any current rapper seen as the alpha thug because they wanna live through him.............

hell BXGS has more black and brown posters than the hip hop spot
 07-25-2008, 01:39 PM         #349
THE TRUTHINESS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HotepSuns said:
sun i've done more than sign petitions...i've been on the frontlines..helping kids in my community...doing the after school thing...f!ghting minor injustices at the college i went too...and ALWAYS speaking upon the real
We don't believe you, you need more people.

which is why i will never knock another man for doing the same thing...and while nas criticized jesse jackson for what he said..(which was deserved) he also said jesse jackson was necessary,and has done a lot for us....
Unlike you and Nas, Jesse has been on the frontlines for real, he has actually gotten hostages freed. What has Nas done?

that's what is commonly known as ACCOUNTABILITY...
Does Nas take "Accountability" for rapping about k!lling n*ggas, calling women bi*ches, and selling dope? I haven't heard Jesse's album doing that, though I do think it would awesome.

every post you make is just another divisive plot on the subject matter at hand......you are bill o'reilly...
You're an idiot.

Last edited by THE TRUTHINESS; 07-25-2008 at 01:42 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #350
dogmanx23 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,666 | Props total: 328 328
Its funny how Fox News says some of the most racist things on tv but the main stream media never picks it up. But then........ A golf announcer says Lynch and she should get fired.

There is something wrong here Calling a fist bump terrorist, a black woman a babys mama, suggesting someone will Obama, Are some of the most racist things i have seen in the media.

Props to Nas for doing this is he trying to sell more album maybe? Or does he really care about this? No one here knows its all a matter of opinion. Its sad tho that he is the only one stepping up. No one else did. Not Jesse jackson, not Al Sharpton. They like f!ghting racist things only when it helps them out.
 9 years ago '06        #351
ICanDoIt 
space
space
space
$2,036 | Props total: 0 0
 REAL_NESS said:
This makes NO sense. How can NaS be doing this to sell records?

You really think the majority of people were going to say "I heard NaS was going out Fox let me go buy his album" :rolleyes:

Y'all seem to forget that O'Reilly personally attacked NaS FIRST during the whole Virginia Tech situation. NaS was the one provoked

Y'all are trying so hard to call gimmick
It's just like product placement in movies, someone might see someone using a product in a movie and then want to try it out for themselves, same deal as a regular a.ss TV commercial. People might hear about Nas protesting and then might find out he has an album out. The n*gga went on Colbert Report and then performed a song from his album...duh...

HotepSuns said:
he's a recording artist...marketing goes into pushing forth the album...but everyone does this as a recording artist...especially a major recording artist...but that doesn't mean that what they are talking about in their album is any less authentic....which is more of my point....
I'm not saying it does, I agree wholeheartedly with you. I'm just saying that his protests could potentially hurt or help his album sales. No one's really mentioned that...the fact that his protests could actually form a boycott against him.

THE TRUTHINESS said:
n*ggas still haven't answered, why this n*ggas hasn't been marching against, Fox News? They can't answer it, because they know Nas is doing this to sell a album. He doesn't care about what's going on with Fox news. The n*gga is a joke, just like Bill.

Nas being mad at Fox, is like a n*gga sniffing coke, while protesting against movies like Blow and Scarface.
Because recently they've Fox News has gone way over the line with their smear campaign against Obama. There's video proof of all the bullsh*t numerous anchors and commentators have said. Not defending him, but maybe he decided to just ignore them and blow them off because it was just an attack on hip-hop...and they've been doing that. Rappers know O'Reilly is against rap (Cam'ron, Ludacris, anyone?), but when Fox News goes against something that affects the whole nation, like Barack's presidential campaign, that's when it's time to say, enough is enough...
 9 years ago '04        #352
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
 HotepSuns said:
sun i've done more than sign petitions...i've been on the frontlines..helping kids in my community...doing the after school thing...f!ghting minor injustices at the college i went too...and ALWAYS speaking upon the real....which is why i will never knock another man for doing the same thing...and while nas criticized jesse jackson for what he said..(which was deserved) he also said jesse jackson was necessary,and has done a lot for us....that's what is commonly known as ACCOUNTABILITY...you can hold someone accountable for their actions without completely negating their role...what difference does it make how much more,or less nas has done than jesse jackson..this isn't a competition....and because jesse has done a lot for black people does not mean he's above criticism...especially LEGIT criticism....which came from a ton of people in the black community about his ridiculous comments about obama...

Ok if you believe that Nas is doing this for the community and not for his own gain...then nothing is going to change your mind.I mean thats your opinion if you think Im BIll becuase even though I say fu*k bill......I believe this to be a shameless excuse to try and go gold.THe website that got the petitions signed should have got Quanell X to do it. Have you ever heard of him......I mean I know hes not a mulitplat rapper with an album out and all that but I think he may be a better choice to deal with such a huge subject.....who do you want presenting something like this and to be taken as serious as possible right now..

[pic - click to view]

or
[pic - click to view]

Last edited by persuazion; 07-25-2008 at 01:47 PM..
 07-25-2008, 01:46 PM         #353
REAL_NESS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ICanDoIt said:
It's just like product placement in movies, someone might see someone using a product in a movie and then want to try it out for themselves, same deal as a regular a.ss TV commercial. People might hear about Nas protesting and then might find out he has an album out. The n*gga went on Colbert Report and then performed a song from his album...duh...

I'm not saying it does, I agree wholeheartedly with you. I'm just saying that his protests could potentially hurt or help his album sales. No one's really mentioned that...the fact that his protests could actually form a boycott against him.

Because recently they've Fox News has gone way over the line with their smear campaign against Obama. There's video proof of all the bullsh*t numerous anchors and commentators have said. Not defending him, but maybe he decided to just ignore them and blow them off because it was just an attack on hip-hop...and they've been doing that. Rappers know O'Reilly is against rap (Cam'ron, Ludacris, anyone?), but when Fox News goes against something that affects the whole nation, like Barack's presidential campaign, that's when it's time to say, enough is enough...

NaS was attacked first by Fox News DUH

and Colbert used the opportunity as much as NaS did to acttack Bill O'reiily DUH :rolleyes:
 07-25-2008, 01:47 PM         #354
HotepSuns  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ICanDoIt said:

good point....which just speaks to why it's quite obvious that the message being presented is all that he seemingly cares about....
 07-25-2008, 01:47 PM         #355
REAL_NESS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Rhyme n Tekniq said:
dont start to believe, BELIEVE it

i have been on several hip hop forums over the course of 7 years

and at least 72% of all users on each one were mainly angry 11-16 yr old
trying to pass of as black with over k!ll urban screen names like
G_millieruger2525 or MC k!llmatic..they usually get exposed when they get heated about somethin and show they true racist self

this isnt any different................just a bunch of teenie boppers who gravitate towards any current rapper seen as the alpha thug because they wanna live through him.............

hell BXGS has more black and brown posters than the hip hop spot
Yes Sir
 07-25-2008, 01:48 PM         #356
THE TRUTHINESS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
but when Fox News goes against something that affects the whole nation, like Barack's presidential campaign, that's when it's time to say, enough is enough...
Doesn't Nas know, a album called N!gger, wouldn't help Obama get any votes either? He probably does know, but doesn't give a fu*k, as long as he is moving units.
 9 years ago '06        #357
JamesAdamsIz808 2 heat pts
space
space
$10,173 | Props total: 190 190
RACE WARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

[pic - click to view]

07-25-2008, 01:52 PM         #358
HotepSuns  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 persuazion said:
Ok if you believe that Nas is doing this for the community and not for his own gain...then nothing is going to change your mind.I mean thats your opinion if you think Im BIll becuase even though I say fu*k bill......I believe this to be a shameless excuse to try and go gold.THe website that got the petitions signed should have got Quanell X to do it. Have you ever heard of him......I mean I know hes not a mulitplat rapper with an album out and all that but I think he may be a better choice to deal with such a huge subject.....who do you want presenting something like this and to be taken as serious as possible right now..

[pic - click to view]

or
[pic - click to view]

i want anybody with a voice to stand up....if you believe in it..i want you to stand up to...this isn't a job..where you have to have some sort of resume to f!ght for it...mlk didn't have interviews of people who could march with him,or speak out about issues...the only requirement should be that you believe in f!ghting for what's right....you're to busy trying to make this a who's who of champions of causes...which again is just divisive.....you keep trying to turn this into a competition......and it's NOT...i want EVERYONE to stand up for what's right...for what's true....for what's acutal...your expierence is irrelevant.....
 9 years ago '06        #359
yungmoney_85 
space
space
$898 | Props total: 13 13
 THE TRUTHINESS said:
Colbert: I am a Gangster Host, don't make me pop The Truth in your a.ss.

Colbert made a fool out of this boy...Nas lost.
your a dumbass
 9 years ago '06        #360
ICanDoIt 
space
space
space
$2,036 | Props total: 0 0
 REAL_NESS said:
NaS was attacked first by Fox News DUH

and Colbert used the opportunity as much as NaS did to acttack Bill O'reiily DUH :rolleyes:
Nas was attacked...Last year...Honestly, Nas might've still been a lil pissed about that, but the main point of his protest now is the racist sh*t against Obama...

and

The Colbert thing wasn't even an issue...I didn't disagree with anything you said home
Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
52 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
87 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
56 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
93 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Ashamed Of Pixel Sales, Google Begins Hiding Pixel Launcher Install Count In P..
4 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
66 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy