Nas Protest against Fox/O'Reilly "Nas Album Is A Disaster"/Nas talks Fox on Colbert

most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
96 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
75 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
91 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

What is Nas' intentions?
Nas is trying to sell records 2 16.67%
Nas is genuine about his movement against Fox News 2 16.67%
He's killing 2 birds with one stone. 8 66.67%
Voters: 12. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '06        #261
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
haha watch him try to play it off now like no big deal

El Fuerte said:
damn he copy and pasted that sh*t and couldnt even absorb the information he was posting :wow:

thats a special type of dumb right there

*gives Truthiness some pity props*
funny thing about that is that i gave him some earlier too

Last edited by coolio; 07-25-2008 at 02:01 AM..
 07-25-2008, 02:01 AM         #262
ferrari f-50  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 THE TRUTHINESS said:
Wait, so Nas loss or lost?
lost
 07-25-2008, 02:03 AM         #263
LyzzoThaKing  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It's sad to see young minds closed-minded and biased to the point where they defend the likes of Bill O'Reilly.
 07-25-2008, 02:04 AM         #264
HotepSuns  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i wouldn't say nas is the best debater....but the fact that he is standing up knowing that's not his strong suit says a lot about him being passionate about what he's rapping about right now...and how important it is to people in general....people are afraid of the truth....they would rather live a lie...it's why perception trumps reality...because harsh truths cause people to hide in lies...this is why you saw bill o'reilly react like a child by countering nas,and 600 thousand other peoples accusations with "nas only sold 187k albums".....i mean he embarassed himself to uphold this false image of fox news being "fair and balanced" when he knows like everyone else in this country that fox is the furthest thing from fair,and balanced.....

but seeing that nas isn't the greatest debater like that i feel like is a call upon all of us who know the truth,and aren't afraid to express it....should use our strengths to support the cause....and so the people we have out there who are better debaters should be there to support.....like i said in another thread..it's bigger than nas....we all at some point have to stop the crabs in a barrel mentality...and start the village mentality again.....when black people lost the village mentality..we lost our original way...
 07-25-2008, 02:04 AM         #265
THE TRUTHINESS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So I can't say Nas loss?
 07-25-2008, 02:05 AM         #266
THE TRUTHINESS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ferrari f-50 said:
lost
Thanks, dude.

Back in the game...Nas lost.
 9 years ago '06        #267
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
 THE TRUTHINESS said:
So I can't say Nas loss?
nope

u can say truthiness lost tho

truthiness in this thread:

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by coolio; 07-25-2008 at 02:10 AM..
 9 years ago '06        #268
Southern_Boi 
space
space
$2,761 | Props total: 1 1
 DrX said:
n*ggas so stupid, nas taking a stand and they so caught up in music they still want him to fail. thats why the jews running sh*t, because they stick together. blacks always want the next man to fail.
Last time we stuck together all of the sudden heavy drugs just happened to "show up" in the main black neighborhoods and our leaders were shot or locked up. Read something bout the black panthers, they were the main reason the government brought heroin over here. We aint always the next to fail we always the most hated, never forget that.

greenshadi said:
Yall something else...Nas ALWAYS spits at least one jewel on his cds. I'm starting to believe 85% on boxden are white based on the comments. So what if it is a gimmick, how you can deny songs like N.IG.G.E.R. and We not alone? Nas spoke the truth about Fox. I feel bad for this generation, for real.
What he said^
 9 years ago '08        #269
El Fuerte 
space
space
$3,902 | Props total: 1700 1700
 HotepSuns said:
i wouldn't say nas is the best debater....but the fact that he is standing up knowing that's not his strong suit says a lot about him being passionate about what he's rapping about right now...and how important it is to people in general....people are afraid of the truth....they would rather live a lie...it's why perception trumps reality...because harsh truths cause people to hide in lies...this is why you saw bill o'reilly react like a child by countering nas,and 600 thousand other peoples accusations with "nas only sold 187k albums".....i mean he embarassed himself to uphold this false image of fox news being "fair and balanced" when he knows like everyone else in this country that fox is the furthest thing from fair,and balanced.....

but seeing that nas isn't the greatest debater like that i feel like is a call upon all of us who know the truth,and aren't afraid to express it....should use our strengths to support the cause....and so the people we have out there who are better debaters should be there to support.....like i said in another thread..it's bigger than nas....we all at some point have to stop the crabs in a barrel mentality...and start the village mentality again.....when black people lost the village mentality..we lost our original way...
real talk man...great post
 07-25-2008, 02:15 AM         #270
GhostDigga  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ya'll n*ggas is pathetic. Loss or lost. Grow the fu*k up. I'm half your age and probably got more sense then all of you.
 9 years ago '04        #271
Mark-Ez 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,055 | Props total: 1282 1282
i love nas's new cd..thats all i gotta say.
 9 years ago '04        #272
Mark-Ez 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,055 | Props total: 1282 1282
damn,it seems like a lot of people are just quick to hate and take a side. Obviously Colbert agrees with his stance and his statements or he would've torn nas apart. He fu*ks with other people so much harder. And how about all you haters go on the show and try to drop some intelligent sh*t on nationaly aired tv, in front of an audience and we'll see how well you do. Nas ain't a fu*kin spokesman or a newscaster he is a rapper....sorry he can't speak like your favorite president. your fav. pres. prolly couldn't rap like nas. fu*kin f*ggets.
 9 years ago '04        #273
MILLYMILL2000 
space
space
$714 | Props total: 3 3
 Mark-Ez said:
damn,it seems like a lot of people are just quick to hate and take a side. Obviously Colbert agrees with his stance and his statements or he would've torn nas apart. He fu*ks with other people so much harder. And how about all you haters go on the show and try to drop some intelligent sh*t on nationaly aired tv, in front of an audience and we'll see how well you do. Nas ain't a fu*kin spokesman or a newscaster he is a rapper....sorry he can't speak like your favorite president. your fav. pres. prolly couldn't rap like nas. fu*kin f*ggets.

True story
 9 years ago '05        #274
Switchc2390 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,970 | Props total: 3235 3235
 MosDefinition said:
i'd rather an artist like david banner be out front on these issues at least he can articulate a point in a complete sentence
You obviously didn't watch Hip Hop vs America
 07-25-2008, 08:43 AM         #275
Prophecy_projet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Colbert exposed O'Reilly in the little piece before he interviewed Nas.

And relax, he wasnt dissing Nas. He was in charcter. Right wing pundits say dumb stuff like 'because of the free market" . I dont think a lot of yá ll watch the Colbert Report.
 9 years ago '04        #276
greenshadi 
space
space
$846 | Props total: 0 0
 THE TRUTHINESS said:
Nope, just saying you n*ggas (Nas fans) act just like that n*gga, and say stupid a.ss sh*t, and think you being deep on some sh*t, just like him. Sh*t is pathetic, if you like Nas, cool. It's when n*ggas start co sigining, the n*gga, even when he's doing some of the dumbest sh*t on Earth, it makes me SMH at the idiots.
You lost me with whole "say stupid a.ss sh*t, and think you being deep on some sh*t, just like him." Please explain cause I thought the thread about Nas new cd not his personal life. We all done stupid sh*t so what's your point? It sounds like you too caught up on the word "n*gga" to listen to the overall message. The majority of cd is about empowerment to me. What do you see?
 07-25-2008, 09:01 AM         #277
Prophecy_projet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
And Nas handled himself well. I dont see anything wrong or inarticulate with what he said. I know sometimes he does and it could have been a disaster but he handled himself.

What he said about guns getting into the community is a great point. Now if you''re against Nas you can say "Well Nas there brought overseas or at gun stores and then have the serial numbers scratched off and sold on the black market".
Well thats fine but then the lobbyists, congressmen and woman and pundits like O'Reilly and Hannity should be investigating this more. Especially in age when we are supposedly "f!ghting a war on terror" we cant excercise this domestically moreso.
Well, I suppose you can always get the occassional rapper (TI).

But its intresting that this thread in a Hip Hop section sounds like a politcal pundits show like Crossfire or Hardball or something on Fox. Dudes who didnt like Nas , wont give him the benefit that he did ok. Its no different than the pundits on TV who ride for there guy or are against another guy. Hip Hop message boards are the same.

Nas may not have a concise conclusion to his feelings poltically. But his aim is to get people taking further about the issue and taking control themselves. We dont expect rappers to change the world. Nas himself said that on Streets Disicple (**** Picnic), but the hope to inspire shoudl be there. Its kinda like what 2pac said "Im not gonna change the world but I garuntee I will spark the brain that will".
Rappers simply report and its on us to draw the conclusion, not them.

Really this thread should have spun off into a debate about who should mandate the control of guns in this country and how should this be changed so our communties dont k!ll themselves.

Instead where arguing over whether or not "Nas Lost" or because we're too focused on waiting for him to fu*k up, we dont draw more from what he said about the specific situation.

Oh well......keep it moving little n*ggas.

:)
 9 years ago '08        #278
AnyGiven 39 heat pts39
space
space
$7,407 | Props total: 422 422
 MosDefinition said:
btw what the fu*k does him having a gun charge have to do with well how did guns get in my neighborhood

thats like if the cops ask whyd you ron that store you saying the store shouldnt have had nice stuff
He said he had the gun charge when he was 18 years old (the man is what in his mid 30's) and then talked about how the guns got there in the neighborhood. The man was straight forward as possible. He just didn't interact with the jokes like someone on this thread said.
 07-25-2008, 09:13 AM         #279
Prophecy_projet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Billy O is a Sly Fox

....and a chump a.ss f*g**t, but it goes without saying.
 07-25-2008, 09:34 AM         #280
Narcz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I dont believe Bill is racist, black folk are quick to pull the race card on anything i think bill just doesnt like rappers who promote violance and i understand that, i mean why would you support violent rappers spitting poison into the communitys not to mention half of them are convicted felons x drug dealers, hardly role models.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
52 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
112 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
27 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
70 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
270 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
48 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
11 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
85 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy